Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--8--The Passover Visit  (Read 18874 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--8--The Passover Visit
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2018, 08:04:40 AM »
Amen, Dorine and Richard! We need Jesus continually! I love how He promises to give us firmer confidence (faith), a quickened love, and a deeper imbuing of His Spirit as we behold His loveliness of character. What a promise! Here is the sure remedy for the Laodicean condition--for by beholding Christ we are changed.

It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross.  {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 4}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2018, 05:23:29 AM »
A lot is being said in these few words as Jesus for the first time went up to the Passover:

"Rapt in the contemplation of these scenes, He did not remain beside His parents. He sought to be alone. When the paschal services were ended, He still lingered in the temple courts; and when the worshipers departed from Jerusalem, He was left behind." {The Desire of Ages, page 78, paragraph 2}

Are we rapt in contemplation of the plan of salvation, of the infinite condescension of Jesus, whereby the Father gave all for us? Does our heart burn within us to behold Jesus high and lifted up on the cross? When we behold Jesus clearly, we will seek and obtain a higher experience--one that may lead us higher than where our parents, friends, teachers, or mentors are spiritually. We have Jesus as our Savior and Example. He is enough.

As I am here at Michigan Camp Meeting, it is beautiful to spend that time alone with God so He can reveal Himself to us more deeply, thereby preparing us to have profitable spiritual conversations with those around us. May we spend this "thoughtful hour" with Jesus alone so that we can go forth in His character--the imbuing of all of the fruits of the Spirit, not one missing, even as we experience an ever-deepening repentance that brings our lives through Christ into harmony with His law of love to the extent that we know it.

Let us linger with Jesus today. Watch and listen for what He will say to you.
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2018, 10:04:22 AM »
Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it. Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them. They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence.  It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross."

I'm sure this has been posted before but it impressed me once again today. What a message for us. If we are living a life with Christ we will have an abiding peace that comes only through this connection. We will have a daily experience that will take us from victory to victory. It's only when we lose sight of Christ that we stumble and fall. I'm so thankful that He is always there ready to pick us up and put us back on our feet when we come before Him with humility and repentance.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2018, 09:57:19 PM »
Amen, dear Sister!  It is not a command, but very good counsel.  Why?

It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones.

We see God's grace and it transforms us into His image (character)  if we will follow the counsel.

Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be “changed into the same image from glory to glory.” 2 Corinthians 3:18. {

It is a promise!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2018, 05:20:11 AM »
Jesus' mission has beautiful parallels to the experience of God's people who live on earth up to the point that He returns. As we come to understand our true mission even as Jesus came to understand His, we can shed light upon the prophecies that point to God's final purpose--the restoration of His image in humanity, the maturation of a people who will stand in His holy sight without a mediator through the time of trouble. When we understand the prophecies that give us clear evidence of where we are in the prophetic timeline, it will not only encourage those who are about to go through the most incredible trials, but will be a source of encouragement to others who may not fully grasp God's final purpose in the creation of humanity. Let us stay our minds on Jesus and His word and allow the Holy Spirit to teach us deeper lessons as they relate to our experience in the closing scenes of earth's history.

"As Joseph and Mary should return from Jerusalem alone with Jesus, He hoped to direct their minds to the prophecies of the suffering Saviour. Upon Calvary He sought to lighten His mother's grief. He was thinking of her now. Mary was to witness His last agony, and Jesus desired her to understand His mission, that she might be strengthened to endure, when the sword should pierce through her soul. As Jesus had been separated from her, and she had sought Him sorrowing three days, so when He should be offered up for the sins of the world, He would again be lost to her for three days. And as He should come forth from the tomb, her sorrow would again be turned to joy. But how much better she could have borne the anguish of His death if she had understood the Scriptures to which He was now trying to turn her thoughts!" {The Desire of Ages, page 82, paragraph 3}

No matter how great the anguish God's people will experience in the time of trouble, it will be swallowed up in final, glorious victory as Jesus literally returns in power and great glory. The anguish of the cross is swallowed up in Christ's joy of seeing souls eternally redeemed--with Him for all of eternity! All that He suffered for us on the cross was for the purpose of recreating a people who are like Him in mind and character, and who share with Him the joy of vindicating the character of God before the onlooking universe, disproving Satan's claim that God is unfair, and that the law of God cannot be obeyed. The heart of every repentant sinner God imbues with His Holy Spirit who reveals His fruit--love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, meekness, goodness, faith, and temperance--all of which are present in conversion without one missing. Such an experience is what brings the soul into conforming to the law of God as a pure delight, and such a miraculous transformation by the divine nature glorifies God and reveals how God can truly, certainly say to us through the prophet: "What do ye imagine against the Lord? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time" (Nahum 1:9). Sin will never more enter the universe, because all the questions in the long-standing controversy between Christ and Satan will be answered with such clarity that sin will be seen in its truly hateful character, and obedience will eternally be the delight of all the beings who can resoundingly declare: "Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints" (Revelation 15:3). And for this reason it truly is well to spend a thoughtful hour upon the life of Christ, because such an experience wrought by beholding Him enables Him to use us for His eternal glory (starting this very day!)--which is our exceeding joy!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2018, 10:25:34 AM »
Amen!  My thoughts were led to Mary also. I discussed this with Sabbath this morning.  We are influenced by the world we live in. We must battle against what we have been taught that are contrary the truth. I have used modesty as an example of this. Young people today have no idea of how God looks at modesty. In the years I have lived I have seen a dramatic change in the world that I live in. In the 50s you would not go downtown in a swimsuit. And, then what was worn is quite different than what we see today. There is seen at the beach women who when  seen from behind appear to be naked. Look at pictures of women at the beach in the 30s. What a difference!

There is no way that back then a woman would dare appear at the beach in what girls wear today. Young people would think you quite deranged for saying it is immodest to reveal your stomach or thighs at the beach. How does God look at modesty? Quite different from the world today.

What does this have to do with Mary losing track of Jesus or her faith failing when Jesus hung on the cross? Even the mother of Jesus who knew Jesus was the Messiah was influenced by the world in which she lived. She did not understand Jesus was the lamb which would suffer and die that we might be saved. Thus, when Jesus was suffering on the cross, she questioned if He was the Messiah. She had accepted the false teaching that Jesus would sit on an earthly throne.

How do we protect ourselves from the influences of the world? We are given the answer in today's reading. The well kept secret has been revealed to all who want to know. Mary lost track of Jesus because she allowed her mind to wander from him to the things which surrounded her. She and Joseph left Jerusalem without Jesus because of the influences surrounding them. They let their minds wander away from Jesus and their primary responsibility in life. How many times have I done the same. :(  When will we learn the lesson? What have we read today that protects us from this? Grace. Where do we get God's grace that transforms sinners into saints? We get it the same place the Jews did when they were bitten by fiery serpents. As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must Jesus be lifted up. He was lifted up, and if we would look upon Him suffering on the cross, we should be transformed by this wonderful grace. We all have been bitten by the serpent. All have sinned, and all may live if they will look upon Jesus. We are healed by beholding the stripes that belong to us, but were placed upon the back of our Savior.

In other words it would be well to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating these closing scenes in the life of Christ. For by beholding His grace we are transformed in character. By beholding His   great love we are reminded of the unseen world and the world we can see becomes strangely dim and less important. The influences are seen for what they are in the light of the glory shining from the courts above.

It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross.
     As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2018, 04:00:26 AM »
Fresh glimpses of Jesus--these are the deepest longing of every soul--even though few in the world come to experientially realize this. Truly, He is "the Desire of all nations" (Haggai 2:7). If you eat a big bag of chips, you might not be hungry for a delicious and amazing meal prepared for you freely at infinite cost, and so it often is in this world. When we fill our deepest longings for intimacy with Jesus with entertainment that diverts us from union and communion with Christ, when we engage in evilspeaking, idle talk, or we neglect to pray, we fail to discern our real purpose for existence (to glorify God) and the greatest joy of life (to know, love and share Him). Christ's sinless character is the gift He offers us right now--how? By accepting His imputed righteousness, His blood shed for us, which simultaneously causes us to experience His imparted righteousness--His presence in our souls by the Holy Spirit, made manifest as all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing.

A precious glimpse of Jesus that encouraged me this morning was in relation to how Jesus treated others. "Young as He was, they had trusted Him implicitly, expecting that when needed, He would be ready to assist them, anticipating their wants as He had always done." {The Desire of Ages, page 80, paragraph 4}

Jesus did not wait for Mary and Joseph to tell Him what help they needed--He sought to anticipate their desires and to bless them. But when He lingered behind in the temple court in Jerusalem, He had a higher design. He was anticipating Mary's wants when He would be dying on the cross, and so the disappointment that seemed so bitter was actually the most effectual preparation for what she would need to understand--her continual need of His presence and an intelligent understanding of the Scriptures pointing to His sufferings at Calvary.

Are you passing through a time of waiting, disappointment, or discouragement? Wherever you might find yourself today, look higher than yourself to the Lamb of God, and find the strength and grace to meet the trial that God is allowing in your life to prepare your character for something better than you can ask or think. And that is why I so love this promise: "It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 4}

Having memorized these words in song, as I was waking up this morning, the Holy Spirit flashed them to my heart and mind like words of fire, kindling my heart with faith, hope and love as to the joy that I would get to experience again in Jesus' presence as I read in Luke 2 in connection with the precious chapter, "The Passover Visit" in The Desire of Ages. God means what He says--and there is a transformation in our characters each time we behold the loveliness of Jesus and contemplate Him in all His beauty. Hallelujah!

Dorine

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2018, 06:14:17 AM »
"The doctors turned upon Him with questions, and they were amazed at His answers. With the humility of a child He repeated the words of Scripture, giving them a depth of meaning that the wise men had not conceived of. If followed, the lines of truth He pointed out would have worked a reformation in the religion of the day. A deep interest in spiritual things would have been awakened; and when Jesus began His ministry, many would have been prepared to receive Him."

I love to gaze upon this scene. What a ray of sunshine to be in the presence of Jesus even as a child. It puts a smile on my face to picture these learned teachers asking questions that Jesus so humbly and eloquently answered. How sad that they did not accept His explanation of the scriptures. What about today? Are we spending that time with Jesus and His word every day so that we will have the faith of Jesus that keeps us from sinning. The world holds out to us so many enticements. Many of them not harmful in themselves but when they become first place in our lives they crowd out that valuable and much needed time with Jesus.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2019, 08:13:36 PM »
"If Joseph and Mary had stayed their minds upon God by meditation and prayer, they would have realized the sacredness of their trust, and would not have lost sight of Jesus. By one day's neglect they lost the Saviour; but it cost them three days of anxious search to find Him. So with us; by idle talk, evilspeaking, or neglect of prayer, we may in one day lose the Saviour's presence, and it may take many days of sorrowful search to find Him, and regain the peace that we have lost." "In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked. This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ."

Dear Brother's and Sister's WE MUST!!  "Turn our Eyes Upon Jesus. Look full in His wonderful face...and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the Light of His Glory and Grace.

"Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it. Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them. They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence."

It is by beholding Jesus that we become changed----Are"WE" taking the time to"BEHOLD HIM? 

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2019, 02:10:52 AM »
Amen, Beacon!

What is it that truly changes our character? We see the beauty of Christ's character and we are attracted, elevated, and blessed by His refining influence. We see Him for who He is, and then we see our great need, and allow Him to transform our hearts so all of the fruits of the Holy Spirit's presence are manifest in our lives without one missing! What a blessing it is to be a blessing in Christ!

"As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be 'changed into the same image from glory to glory.' 2 Corinthians 3:18." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 5}

What beauty we see in Jesus--His humility, His faithfulness, His immediate impartation of what He had received from God! As the life and lessons of Jesus are woven into our lives by a practical experience, we find joy morning by morning in union and communion with Him!

Dorine

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2019, 07:55:30 AM »

"Jesus presented Himself as one thirsting for a knowledge of God. His questions were suggestive of deep truths which had long been obscured, yet which were vital to the salvation of souls. While showing how narrow and superficial was the wisdom of the wise men, every question put before them a divine lesson, and placed truth in a new aspect. The rabbis spoke of the wonderful elevation which the Messiah's coming would bring to the Jewish nation; but Jesus presented the prophecy of Isaiah, and asked them the meaning of those scriptures that point to the suffering and death of the Lamb of God."

Once again I have been blessed by the description of the sweet nature of Jesus and the depths of knowledge, wisdom and understanding that He had at such a tender age.He is our example in every stage of His life. As we submit our lives to Him and spend that thoughtful hour each day with Him; we too shall be changed into the same character that we so much admire in Him and desire for ourselves. We should never tire of thinking of Him, talking to Him, sharing Him, and obeying Him. That is where our joy and peace resides.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2019, 08:00:00 AM »
Amen and amen!! This chapter is telling us that if we want to be happy and compassionate, then we need to know how to be converted and remain in a converted state. Otherwise we can do no good thing for all of our good works are tainted by selfishness. As Brother Beacon pointed out, discouragment comes when we take our eyes off of Jesus. When Mary lost sight of Jesus, how long did it take her to find Him? When we forget about Jesus, what have we done, and how long does it take us to reunite with Him?

What is the solution? We must maintain our connection with Christ by feeding upon Him. Man does not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Why? Because the Word was made flesh. The Word is a revelation of Christ and ifwe have seen Him, we have seen the Father. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word. Our trust in God grows as we know Him better. This is why it would be well to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ. It is an intellectual and a spiritual truth that by beholding we become changed. The mind is plastic and gradually adapts itself to that which it beholds and loves.

It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross. 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2019, 08:02:21 AM »

As we submit our lives to Him and spend that thoughtful hour each day with Him; we too shall be changed into the same character that we so much admire in Him and desire for ourselves. We should never tire of thinking of Him, talking to Him, sharing Him, and obeying Him. That is where our joy and peace resides.

Amen, dear Sister! Love, joy, and peace are ours when we are fully surrendered to Jesus!

Beacon

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2019, 06:52:10 PM »
 "In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked. This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ. Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it. Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them. They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence."

From another wonderful inspired book I recently read these words. "When Christ dwells in the heart, the soul will be so filled with His love, with the joy of communion with Him, that it will cleave to Him; and in the contemplation of Him, self will be forgotten. Love to Christ will be the spring of action. Those who feel the constraining love of God, do not ask how little may be given to meet the requirements of God; they do not ask for the lowest standard, but aim at perfect conformity to the will of their Redeemer. With earnest desire they yield all and manifest an interest proportionate to the value of the object which they seek. A profession of Christ without this deep love is mere talk, dry formality, and heavy drudgery" Steps to Christ {SC 44.2}

"It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross."

Happy Sabbath to all my brother's and sister's in Christ Jesus around the world and across the vast universe I invite you to join with me in singing Hymn # 309 "

ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER - ALL TO HIM I FREELY GIVE - I WILL EVER LOVE AND TRUST HIM -IN HIS PRESENCE DAILY LIVE.
ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER- HUMBLY AT HIS FEET I BOW- WORLDLY PLEASURES ALL FORSAKEN - TAKE ME JESUS TAKE ME NOW.
ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER- MAKE ME SAVIOUR HOLY THINE - LET ME FEEL THE HOLY SPIRIT- TRULY KNOW THAT THOU ART MINE.
ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER- NOW I FEEL THE SACRED FLAME - OH THE JOY OF FULL SALVATION- GLORY GLORY TO HIS  NAME.

CHORUS:
I SURRENDER ALL - I SURRENDER ALL - ALL TO THEE MY BLESSED SAVIOR - I SURRENDER ALL.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2019, 03:37:56 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Happy Sabbath to all as we rejoice in the beholding the beauty of the loveliness of Christ's character! Simple truths often repeated make a deep impression on our hearts and minds, and it is so wonderful to receive these words as promises of what our experience in Christ is as we behold Him:

"It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 4}   
     "As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be 'changed into the same image from glory to glory.' 2 Corinthians 3:18." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 5}

The fruit of beholding Jesus in full surrender is that all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives--not one will be missing. We shall continue to manifest more fruit as we grow in Christ, for He continues to unfold the path He has for us and we can be a blessing to others as we receive and maintain a living connection with Him by fight. He desires us to have that union and communion with Him--so let us enjoy the fullness of His presence today on this beautiful Sabbath! We rejoice here in our local church this Sabbath as two precious souls take their step in baptism!

Dorine

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2019, 06:32:46 AM »
   "In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked. This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ."

This is most noticed on Sabbath. We can sit in church and hear the most inspiring and convicting sermon and then walk into pot luck and hear the laughing, joking and every day talk. It is so easy to get caught up in the common talk of life and leave Jesus behind. The saddest part is when someone tries to bring the conversation around to spiritual things, all you get is silence. No wonder Jesus even as a young lad wanted to mingle with those who knew who He was and wanted to linger in the atmosphere of heaven. Isn't this what we should expect when in the company of professed Christians?

Then we read the sobering comment that holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired. This should stir our conscience if found guilty and bring us to repentance. Our Jesus should be so precious to us that not even a moment will be void of Him. We are weak and needy but He has promised to supply our every need if we will spend time with Him. The more time we spend with Him the quicker we will realize when we have left Him behind.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2019, 08:25:15 AM »
Amen dear Sister. It is not good enough to want to serve Jesus, we must remember Him. If we neglect to cling to Christ, then by forgetfulness we will allow the mind to wander away from Him. Then we have no protection against sin. What happened to the Mary and Joseph when they took their eyes off of Jesus? They lost Him. It took some time to find Him. So it is with us. If we lose sight of Jesus, it may take many days to find Him again. And, let no one think that they have eternal life when wandering around in the wilderness without Him siting on the throne of the heart.

How is it then that we can maintain our connection with Jesus? The closing paragraphs in today's reading tell us something so very important. It is by beholding His life that we are transformed into His character. As we dwell upon the life of Christ, we will long to be with Him. As Brother Beacon and Pastor Sean have shared:

As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18.

This verse in the Bible is a well kept secret in the church. You and I can change that. Join with us as we behold Jesus daily.

Beacon

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2019, 08:51:56 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean....Praise the Lord for two more souls joining the family God at one of your churches today through baptism into the Remnant Church Family of Jesus. All Heaven rejoices with you as do my wife and I. May their commitment to Jesus result in much joy and true purpose in their lives and those that in their circle of family and friends.

Beacon

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2019, 02:54:04 PM »
'When we dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross... As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences."

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33

"In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked. This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ."

Here we see plainly that scripture teaches us THAT WE CANNOT GIVE - WHAT WE DO NOT HAVE!! The Holy Angels cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired and His absence is not discerned. Let us not become so absorbed in worldly things that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered.

The Bible says in....Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2019, 02:23:57 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

What a joy it is to behold the loveliness of Jesus and allow Him to transform us into the image of His purity! Only through Christ is their true rest for our souls in this fallen world. By beholding Christ we become changed as we yield the whole heart for Him to purify, and the result is that all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives--not one will be missing. Yet even this amazing experience may go deeper and be more fruitful the more we behold Him! We become more and more like our Savior through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit! Let us be so filled with His Spirit today that only His plans are manifested!

"It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 4}   

As we appreciate the divine influences of prayer, the word of God, nature, fellowship with believers, the ministry of the angels, and the joy of serving Christ in ministry, may we always remember that Christ would have left heaven even if we were the only one who would come to have such a saving experience!! What love! Today may we go forth to find "one more" for Jesus who left heaven that we may be saved and everlastingly make us partakers of His divine nature starting the moment we yield all to Him!