Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--8--The Passover Visit  (Read 18661 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--8--The Passover Visit
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2019, 07:11:31 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean!  We ought to desire to speak of Jesus whenever we can. We ought to have social meetings designed to do just that. But, we have conformed to that which church fathers have followed and we know nothing of church social meetings that give opportunity to give voice to our blessings and His love.

In this visit to Jerusalem, the parents of Jesus wished to bring Him in connection with the great teachers in Israel. While He was obedient in every particular to the word of God, He did not conform to the rabbinical rites and usages. Joseph and Mary hoped that He might be led to reverence the learned rabbis, and give more diligent heed to their requirements. But Jesus in the temple had been taught by God. That which He had received, He began at once to impart.

So may it be our great joy to be taught of God.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2019, 10:02:45 AM »
  The words of Jesus had moved their hearts as they had never before been moved by words from human lips. God was seeking to give light to those leaders in Israel, and He used the only means by which they could be reached. In their pride they would have scorned to admit that they could receive instruction from anyone. If Jesus had appeared to be trying to teach them, they would have disdained to listen. But they flattered themselves that they were teaching Him, or at least testing His knowledge of the Scriptures. The youthful modesty and grace of Jesus disarmed their prejudices. Unconsciously their minds were opened to the word of God, and the Holy Spirit spoke to their hearts.

Such a beautiful example for us is found in the young life of our Saviour. Even at such a tender age his wisdom and knowledge was far advanced to that of the leaders and even His parents. As we spend time mediating with a surrendered heart upon the life of Christ from the manger to the cross the Holy Spirit will give us the wisdom and graces we need in our interactions with others. I love to spend time in the presence of Jesus. He is always teaching me something I need to know.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2020, 07:18:56 AM »
As it is daily, there is much to learn from each chapter in this most beautiful Book. But, in today's lesson we must present what we do every day, share the foundation of our faith and how it is that we are converted daily. Short lessons frequently presented is our joy.

Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it. Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them. They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence.
     It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross.
     As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18.

We love Him because He first loved us. And, we must remember this continually if we want to maintain our connection with God. We are forgetful and like Daniel, we need to stop and renew our connection with Christ often. And,  by beholding His grace we shall recreated in His image (character).
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2020, 08:20:34 AM »
Amen, Brother Richard!!

What a blessing it is to understand the remedy for our sinfulness and find in Jesus the power and motivation to live a fully sincere, converted life that reveals His character. Only by abiding in Jesus do we have victory and strength to resist even the smallest temptation to evil. We need Jesus continually to do any good thing, and as long as we have invited Him to abide in us and experience that daily death to self and resurrection in His life, the Holy Spirit will manifest through us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing!

"It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 4}

Oh, what wonderful things Jesus teaches us from beholding His loveliness of character! We find new beauty in Him and find that the things of this earth do grow strangely dim!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2020, 06:18:18 AM »
"For the first time the child Jesus looked upon the temple. He saw the white-robed priests performing their solemn ministry. He beheld the bleeding victim upon the altar of sacrifice. With the worshipers He bowed in prayer, while the cloud of incense ascended before God. He witnessed the impressive rites of the paschal service. Day by day He saw their meaning more clearly. Every act seemed to be bound up with His own life. New impulses were awakening within Him. Silent and absorbed, He seemed to be studying out a great problem. The mystery of His mission was opening to the Saviour."

At 12 years of age, still a child, yet with greater understanding than the priests and teachers we can not help but fix our thoughts on the revelation that was coming to Jesus. He entered Jerusalem a child but left a man. A man with deep and expectant thoughts to ponder. On returning home he knew His mission but he had 18 more years to serve His family and community and to grow in grace in preparation for this mission. What an example for our children, youth and adults today.

"As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him, and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Cor. 3:18"
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2020, 07:05:07 AM »
In connection with the thoughts of this chapter in the Desire of Ages, I would like to share with you a quote from another inspired book written by the same author. It is entitled  "Steps to Christ".

"When Christ dwells in the heart, the soul will be so filled with His love, with the joy of communion with Him, that it will cleave to Him; and in the contemplation of Him, self will be forgotten. Love to Christ will be the spring of action. Those who feel the constraining love of God, do not ask how little may be given to meet the requirements of God; they do not ask for the lowest standard, but aim at perfect conformity to the will of their Redeemer. With earnest desire they yield all and manifest an interest proportionate to the value of the object which they seek. A profession of Christ without this deep love is mere talk, dry formality, and heavy drudgery" Steps to Christ {SC 44.2}

I invite you to join with me in making the words of this song below your prayer.

Hymn # 309 "

"ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER - ALL TO HIM I FREELY GIVE - I WILL EVER LOVE AND TRUST HIM - IN HIS PRESENCE DAILY LIVE.
ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER- HUMBLY AT HIS FEET I BOW- WORLDLY PLEASURES ALL FORSAKEN - TAKE ME JESUS TAKE ME NOW.
ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER- MAKE ME SAVIOUR HOLY THINE - LET ME FEEL THE HOLY SPIRIT- TRULY KNOW THAT THOU ART MINE.
ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER- NOW I FEEL THE SACRED FLAME - OH THE JOY OF FULL SALVATION- GLORY GLORY TO HIS  NAME."

CHORUS:
"I SURRENDER ALL - I SURRENDER ALL - ALL TO THEE MY BLESSED SAVIOR - I SURRENDER ALL." 

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2020, 08:38:34 AM »
While it is a simple, powerful truth, it is tempting to forget that we need Jesus continually. We know not how to go out or to come in, or what we should say, except we have a living connection with Jesus vitalized by the Holy Spirit in our hearts and minds because we have yielded our will to Christ entirely. Only in God's perfect plan will be find our greatest happiness and our purest joy. Jesus is inviting us today to look away from the changeable things of earth to the eternal reality of His word, to the sufferings He endured for us, so we can be living in readiness as His coming is SO SO SO SOON!!! Look up to Jesus continually!!!

"It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 4} 
    "As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be 'changed into the same image from glory to glory.' 2 Corinthians 3:18." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 4} 

Let us be a blessing to others today in all we do and say by having Jesus ever in our hearts! The inevitable result of Christ abiding in our heart is that all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in our lives without one missing!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2020, 11:13:27 AM »
What powerful truths we are seeing I have been contemplating what I read yesterday. How dull of mind we humans are.

And His question to them had a lesson. "Wist ye not," He said, "that I must be about My Father's business?" Jesus was engaged in the work that He had come into the world to do; but Joseph and Mary had neglected theirs. God had shown them high honor in committing to them His Son. Holy angels had directed the course of Joseph in order to preserve the life of Jesus. But for an entire day they had lost sight of Him whom they should not have forgotten for a moment. And when their anxiety was relieved, they had not censured themselves, but had cast the blame upon Him.
     It was natural for the parents of Jesus to look upon Him as their own child. He was daily with them, His life in many respects was like that of other children, and it was difficult for them to realize that He was the Son of God. They were in danger of failing to appreciate the blessing granted them in the presence of the world's Redeemer. The grief of their separation from Him, and the gentle reproof which His words conveyed, were designed to impress them with the sacredness of their trust.
     In the answer to His mother, Jesus showed for the first time that He understood His relation to God. Before His birth the angel had said to Mary, "He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of His father David: and He shall reign over the house of Jacob forever." Luke 1:32, 33.

Apparently Mary suffered from two things. First, like us, she forgets about spiritual things including her Son, the Son of God. And, it seems the Words of the angel may not have been understood. "He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest." With all the lies being foisted upon Israel, it may be that Mary did not understand that Jesus was the Son of God. She did not understand He would suffer and die for her sins and the sins of the world. She knew He was their Messiah, but did not understand He would not rule on an earthly throne.

How blind are we to such important matters because we have heard so much about the Bible from others? Better to study, study, study what saith the Lord, not what saith man.

Dorine

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2020, 05:40:36 AM »
"In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked. This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ.     

Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it. Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them. They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence.      

It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross.      

As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18.

What a joy and pleasure it is to think of our wonderful Saviour and to meditate on Him throughout all our waking hours; but the early morning hours spent with Him are very precious and spiritually strengthening, supplying our needs for the day ahead. We see from scripture the results of taking our eyes off Jesus. May we ever be watchful, and prayerful keeping our eyes on Him. We have no time to waste on selfish pursuits. He is soon to come for His faithful children. May we more tightly cling to Him as we see the day of His return approaching.

Beacon

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2020, 06:36:39 AM »
"In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked.

This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ..

Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it. Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them. They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence."

Time is quickly running out for all the inhabitants of planet earth - The signs predicted and foretold are fast fulfilling and in the gospel of Matthew we read these words of counsel....How thankful we should be for the precious word of God that we have in our hands today. Let us all renew our commitment to the study of His Word 

Matthew 24:33 "So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2020, 07:24:11 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

What a blessing it is to receive the gospel remedy for backsliding and lukewarmness! If the connection with Christ has been broken up by our own neglect or conscious choice, He seeks us out, and offered us His gold tried in the fire (faith working by love), white raiment (His righteousness by faith) and eyesalve (that we may receive by the Holy Spirit a true sense of our continual need of Christ and have all of the fruits of the Spirit in our lives without one missing as we behold the loveliness of Jesus). May we ever feel our continual need of Christ, and surrender to Him on a moment-by-moment basis!

"And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches" (Revelation 3:14-22).

"In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked. This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 2}   
 "Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it. Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them. They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 3}     

Let us be happy in Christ today by allowing Him to work in us to will and to do of His good pleasure. While the times around us are full of trial and perplexity, the heart stayed upon Christ may have peace that passes all understanding, along with every trait of the divine nature!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2020, 11:12:50 PM »
Amen, amen, and amen!!

Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word. Why? Because the Word is a revelation of God. The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us that we might know Him. We cannot trust someone we do not know. Therefore it would be well if we spent a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ!! We there will behold God's grace by which we are saved and transformed into His image (character).

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2020, 05:51:50 AM »
Let's internalize this:

"As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be 'changed into the same image from glory to glory.' 2 Corinthians 3:18." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 5} 

We need Jesus continually! Daily beholding His loveliness supernaturally changes the character as we yield completely the whole heart and mind to Christ so He graciously imbues us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Then the law of God, the transcript of relational freedom in union and communion with God and others, becomes our highest delight to obey, and we walk even as Jesus walked according to the strength and capacity He has given us, which grows the more we commune with Him and others!

Dorine

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2020, 06:41:46 AM »
"If Joseph and Mary had stayed their minds upon God by meditation and prayer, they would have realized the sacredness of their trust, and would not have lost sight of Jesus. By one day's neglect they lost the Saviour; but it cost them three days of anxious search to find Him. So with us; by idle talk, evilspeaking, or neglect of prayer, we may in one day lose the Saviour's presence, and it may take many days of sorrowful search to find Him, and regain the peace that we have lost."

What an alarming thought that through just one days neglect we can lose the Saviour's presence. It's not that Jesus hides Himself from us but Satan torments us into thinking that we are not worthy causing our faith to be weak. That's why it takes so long to find Him again but Jesus is always there to bring us back into a relationship with Him. What a wonderful friend we have in Jesus. We must never give up but clinging to Him like Jacob did we will again have that peace and joy that was lost.

Beacon

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2020, 07:58:11 AM »
"In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked.

This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ."

"Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it. Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them. They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence."

I am reminded of the old adage = "He who Fails to Prepare - Prepares to Fail "

Jesus said in Matthew 7:7-12
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2020, 07:28:56 PM »
Amen, amen, and amen!!  The bottom line is seen in how long it took the parents of Jesus to find Him after they took their eyes off of Him.  When we separate from God, it may take some time before we realize we have forgotten Him. In the meantime, we have no power to resist Satan's temptations. Thus, it would be well to spend that thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ. It reminds us of His love and our great need of Him. Often it is not good enough just to have our morning devotions and worship, we need to do as did Daniel and stop at noon to make sure we remain connected. And for some of us, we need to stop between morning and noon. 

When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels.

So with us; by idle talk, evilspeaking, or neglect of prayer, we may in one day lose the Saviour's presence, and it may take many days of sorrowful search to find Him, and regain the peace that we have lost."

"It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2021, 05:56:46 AM »
There is a phrase that for most of my life I have been sharing with as many who I think will be blessed. "It would be well to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ, especially the closing scenes." Why has this been so important to me? Because many do not understand how it is that they sin. They do not understand that they forget Jesus and wander away from Him. They do not understand that we are only given grace for today, not for tomorrow. And that we need Jesus in our heart continually in order to resist the smallest temptation to sin. It is a well kept secret that by beholding Jesus we are transformed in character. If we would spend a thoughtful hour each day beholding Jesus, we would be continually changed into His image, more and more reflecting His character of self sacrificing love.

Our reading today illustrates this very very well. Think about Mary when she forgot about Jesus when leaving Jerusalem. Think about why it was she questioned Him being the Son of God when He hung on the cross. Think about this important truth that few have understood: That when we sin, it is because we have forgotten about Jesus. We allowed our mind to wander away from Him.

In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked. This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2021, 06:17:33 AM »
While reading through this topic from the beginning, I was blessed as I read Sister Dorine's post almost three years ago. It is such a blessing to know that there are Seventh-day Adventists that understand the gospel of grace and its power to transform sinners into saints and how it happens, by beholding Jesus daily, and that if we do not keep Jesus in our mind and allow ourselves to forget about Him, He and His angels will not remain with us.

In deciding what to post I couldn't limit it to just a few sentences. This whole section spoke directly to me. I read it over a few times to let it sink in. How easy it is to forget Jesus when in the influence of others that are caught up in worldly conversation and activities. The most startling warning was the sentence that says the holy angels cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired. Do we truly understand what that is saying?

I especially love the very last paragraph.

By reading daily, and then sharing what God has impressed us with, reveals where our minds are and what we understand in regards to the gospel of grace, the foundation of our faith. Go back and read what it was that so impressed our dear sister's mind that day three years ago that she could not limit her post "to just a few sentences," but had to post four paragraphs. What was it that so impressed her mind? Her post can be found on page 1 of this topic. It is the next to last post on page 1, at the bottom of this thread.

Her thoughts were similar to mine when I posted the very same paragraphs today, all four. God is bringing His church into unity of doctrine. If you continue to read in this topic, you will see that we are indeed of a similar mind on the foundation of our faith. We pray that our little reading group will continue to grow, and more rapidly. We so much want to see and end to the sin and suffering in this world. We want to see Jesus face to face!

Philip T

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2021, 09:12:33 AM »
In this visit to Jerusalem, the parents of Jesus wished to bring Him in connection with the great teachers in Israel. While He was obedient in every particular to the word of God, He did not conform to the rabbinical rites and usages. Joseph and Mary hoped that He might be led to reverence the learned rabbis, and give more diligent heed to their requirements.]But Jesus in the temple had been taught by God. That which He had received, He began at once to impart.
[/b]

Thank you Brother Richard and Sister Dorine, this morning as I read I was also drawn to that very paragraph, I also know the cost of taking your eyes off of Jesus, I did so while young, and it was over thirty-five years before I found my way back to Jesus. So we need to keep Jesus in our sight at all times. Through devotion, scripture reading and prayer. Another avenue to strengthen our faith and belief is to share the knowledge of Christ that we have, as Jesus did even in his youth. This was His last commission to us in Math 28, and we will not see him again in the clouds until we do so.

Beacon

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2021, 09:39:39 AM »
"Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it. Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them..

They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence.

How often have " WE " done the same. I'm soo thankful for the Mercy, Grace, and Forgiveness that God provides. Aren't You?

Through His Word God promises us that if we come with a humble,repentant, heart we may claim the promise of His Word.

Isaiah 1:18 says, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool".