Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--8--The Passover Visit  (Read 18814 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--8--The Passover Visit
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2022, 06:18:08 AM »
"As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18.

Hubby and I experience this every morning and every evening. It's a very special time spent with Jesus. It draws us closer to Him and to each other and puts the routines and challenges of life in their true light. Everything that touches us is for our good and God's glory. Can He trust us to stay faithful to Him trusting that all things work together for good to those who love Him? When we come into the company of others do they know by our words and actions that Jesus is the Master of our lives and that we wouldn't have it any other way?
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2022, 08:33:51 PM »
Good to hear that some still have morning and evening family worship!

2 Cor. 3:18......a well kept secret in the Christian world. It does not fit into what is being taught and the experience of most who profess to serve God. It would be well to spend a thoughtful day contemplating the life of Christ where we will see His great love and sacrifice for us while we were yet sinners. And by listening to His Words and allowing them into our hearts, we will  not repeat Israel's apostasy. A deep interest in spiritual things will prepare us for His soon coming!

Jesus presented Himself as one thirsting for a knowledge of God. His questions were suggestive of deep truths which had long been obscured, yet which were vital to the salvation of souls. While showing how narrow and superficial was the wisdom of the wise men, every question put before them a divine lesson, and placed truth in a new aspect. The rabbis spoke of the wonderful elevation which the Messiah's coming would bring to the Jewish nation; but Jesus presented the prophecy of Isaiah, and asked them the meaning of those scriptures that point to the suffering and death of the Lamb of God.
     The doctors turned upon Him with questions, and they were amazed at His answers. With the humility of a child He repeated the words of Scripture, giving them a depth of meaning that the wise men had not conceived of. If followed, the lines of truth He pointed out would have worked a reformation in the religion of the day. A deep interest in spiritual things would have been awakened; and when Jesus began His ministry, many would have been prepared to receive Him. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2022, 08:03:37 PM »
"When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels."

"These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked."

"This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ."

"Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it."

"Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them."

"They do not see that the fault is their own."

"By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence."

When "WE" feel discouraged, lonely, unappreciated, could it be for the same reason?

The Word of God reminds us of His Promise in Psalm 73:28 it says...
"But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works."

==================================

Earthly pleasures vainly call me,
  I would be like Jesus;
Nothing worldly shall enthrall me,
  I would be like Jesus.
    Be like Jesus, this my song,
  In the home and in the throng;
Be like Jesus, all day long!
    I would be like Jesus.
He has broken every fetter,
  I would be like Jesus;
That my soul may serve Him better,
  I would be like Jesus.
All the way from earth to glory,
  I would be like Jesus;
Telling o’er and o’er the story,
  I would be like Jesus.

Lyrics:James Rowe (1866-1933)
Music:Bentley DeForest Ackley (1872-1958)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2022, 05:21:22 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

When God invites us to do something, it is well to remember that it is selfless--an unselfish desire on His part to bless us so we may bless others! It is in this light that we are invited to behold the loveliness of Jesus daily, as it makes us happy!

"It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 4}
     "As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be 'changed into the same image from glory to glory.' 2 Corinthians 3:18." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 5}

By beholding Christ we become changed (truly converted) into His image and all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be manifest in the life that is abiding in Jesus. He empowers us to affectionately obey Him, living up to all the light He has shed on our path from His inspired sources, so we can go forth to bless others as Jesus did! What a joy it is to have a true conversion experience and have it renewed each day!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2022, 06:05:41 AM »
"As His mission had opened to Jesus in the temple, He shrank from contact with the multitude. He wished to return from Jerusalem in quietness, with those who knew the secret of His life. By the paschal service, God was seeking to call His people away from their worldly cares, and to remind them of His wonderful work in their deliverance from Egypt. In this work He desired them to see a promise of deliverance from sin. As the blood of the slain lamb sheltered the homes of Israel, so the blood of Christ was to save their souls; but they could be saved through Christ only as by faith they should make His life their own. There was virtue in the symbolic service only as it directed the worshipers to Christ as their personal Saviour. God desired that they should be led to prayerful study and meditation in regard to Christ's mission. But as the multitudes left Jerusalem, the excitement of travel and social intercourse too often absorbed their attention, and the service they had witnessed was forgotten. The Saviour was not attracted to their company.

For a young 12 year old boy to have such a deep knowledge of the scriptures and live it was most unusual. His peers couldn't relate nor could many of the adults. How easy it is to take our eyes off of Jesus and forget the special blessings poured out upon us while in the presence of God. How quickly thoughts and conversations turn to worldly interests. It should fill us with horror lest we may be guilty of forgetting Jesus even for a moment.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2022, 03:04:13 PM »
Amen!! Why is discouragement so rampant in God's church?  If we would spend a thoughtful hour a day with Jesus, it would not be so. Why do we separate ourselves from Jesus? What wonderful truths have we seen today!

If Joseph and Mary had stayed their minds upon God by meditation and prayer, they would have realized the sacredness of their trust, and would not have lost sight of Jesus. By one day's neglect they lost the Saviour; but it cost them three days of anxious search to find Him. So with us; by idle talk, evilspeaking, or neglect of prayer, we may in one day lose the Saviour's presence, and it may take many days of sorrowful search to find Him, and regain the peace that we have lost.
     In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked. This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2022, 08:00:09 PM »
"By one day's neglect they lost the Saviour."

"It cost them three days of anxious search to find Him."

"So with us; by idle talk, evil speaking, or neglect of prayer, we may in one day lose the Saviour's presence.

"it may take many days of sorrowful search to find Him, and regain the peace that we have lost."

"In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us.

"When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels."

"These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked."

"This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ"

"WE" need to recall this saying because because it's so true!! "He who fails to prepare - Prepares to Fail.

God's Word says in 2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Let us determine to follow God's Instruction so that we can be honorable workmen & women in the Lord's vineyard!!

============================

Earthly pleasures vainly call me,
  I would be like Jesus;
Nothing worldly shall enthrall me,
  I would be like Jesus.
    Be like Jesus, this my song,
  In the home and in the throng;
Be like Jesus, all day long!
    I would be like Jesus.
He has broken every fetter,
  I would be like Jesus;
That my soul may serve Him better,
  I would be like Jesus.
All the way from earth to glory,
  I would be like Jesus;
Telling o’er and o’er the story,
  I would be like Jesus.

Lyrics:James Rowe (1866-1933)
Music:Bentley DeForest Ackley (1872-1958)

Philip T

« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2022, 07:37:25 AM »
    It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross.
     As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18.

To be save we need to spend time at the foot of the cross with Jesus, as Mary did. We need to associate together with other believers. As we do this, spend time with Jesus, surrendered to him, studying and praying His word the Scripture. We will be changed, our character becoming more and more like His character. Jesus wanted this for Josph and Mary and He wants it for us to. Will we surrender all to Him?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2022, 06:50:54 AM »
Amen my dear brothers!! Such important truths!

In today's reading we find not only what it means to be converted, but how it is that we are converted. When our conversation is of His love, we are converted. When we behold Him, we are transformed  into His image. In just a few paragraphs all is made plain.

If Joseph and Mary had stayed their minds upon God by meditation and prayer, they would have realized the sacredness of their trust, and would not have lost sight of Jesus. By one day's neglect they lost the Saviour; but it cost them three days of anxious search to find Him. So with us; by idle talk, evilspeaking, or neglect of prayer, we may in one day lose the Saviour's presence, and it may take many days of sorrowful search to find Him, and regain the peace that we have lost.
     In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked. This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ.
     Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it. Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them. They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence.
     It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross.
     As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2022, 07:10:13 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Brother Philip, and Brother Richard!

Are you hungry for the word of God, to see and love the Lamb of God? Jesus desired to understand the Scriptures that revealed His own mission, and in doing so, He was a loving witness sent from the Father to shed light upon other hearts and minds at the Passover visit He first took. Well would it be for us, also, to realize the importance of yielding to the Holy Spirit who gives us a hunger and thirst for truth so we can impart what God gives us to others!

"Jesus presented Himself as one thirsting for a knowledge of God. His questions were suggestive of deep truths which had long been obscured, yet which were vital to the salvation of souls. While showing how narrow and superficial was the wisdom of the wise men, every question put before them a divine lesson, and placed truth in a new aspect. The rabbis spoke of the wonderful elevation which the Messiah's coming would bring to the Jewish nation; but Jesus presented the prophecy of Isaiah, and asked them the meaning of those scriptures that point to the suffering and death of the Lamb of God." {The Desire of Ages, page 78, paragraph 5}

Jesus loves us and has good plans for us. As our High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary at this very time, He is interceding for us and soon He will finish His work there and return in the clouds of glory as our King! This is all because He first fulfilled His sacrificial role as the Lamb of God! Let us yield fully to Him so He can manifest through us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we are gladly empowered to obey God from the new heart He gives us by His grace!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2022, 08:01:08 PM »
"In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us."

"This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ."

"Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it".

"Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them."

"They do not see that the fault is their own."

"By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence."

Could it be that "WE" are making poor choices i.e. Lack of Bible Study Time and Prayer? We have been told in clear words of warning that "WE" cannot serve Two Masters but are "WE" trying to do that very thing?? Let us search our own hearts and be willing to confess our great need of Spiritual Power. Jesus is more than willing to answer our heart felt plea.
====================
Jesus, keep me near the cross,
  There a precious fountain,
Free to all—a healing stream,
  Flows from Calv’ry’s mountain.
    In the cross, in the cross,
  Be my glory ever;
From the cross my ransomed soul
    Nothing then shall sever.
Near the cross, a trembling soul,
  Love and mercy found me;
There the Bright and Morning Star
  Sheds its beams around me.
Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
  Bring its scenes before me;
Help me walk from day to day,
  With its shadow o’er me.
Near the cross I’ll watch and wait,
  Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I see my Savior’s face,
  Leave His presence never.

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:William Howard Doane (1832-1915)

HAPPY SABBATH TO "ALL" GOD'S CHILDREN THROUGH OUT HIS VAST UNIVERSE!

Dorine

« Reply #111 on: December 24, 2022, 05:54:03 AM »
If Joseph and Mary had stayed their minds upon God by meditation and prayer, they would have realized the sacredness of their trust, and would not have lost sight of Jesus. By one day's neglect they lost the Saviour; but it cost them three days of anxious search to find Him. So with us; by idle talk, evil speaking, or neglect of prayer, we may in one day lose the Saviour's presence, and it may take many days of sorrowful search to find Him, and regain the peace that we have lost.

This paragraph always catches my attention. It describes a terrible condition to be in. We've all experienced what this is saying. It's not that God is not willing to restore peace in our hearts when we ask but it's our unbelief that He will because of our sinfulness. This is what happens when we neglect prayer. Our thoughts turn sour, and too often become words that can never be retrieved. Sincere prayer is a powerful protection against sin because prayer brings us into unity with God. When abiding in Jesus it is impossible to sin. Let's never get discouraged in our walk with God. It's not how many times we fall that counts (although there's never any excuse for sin) but have we repented in deep sorrow for each one for the suffering it causes Jesus.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #112 on: December 24, 2022, 06:34:09 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

Happy Sabbath!!

Jesus longs to reveal Scriptures to us that prepare us to bear the future trials on the horizon of our experience before He comes again in power and great glory! What a joy it is to abide in His love and overcome sin by His grace!

"As Joseph and Mary should return from Jerusalem alone with Jesus, He hoped to direct their minds to the prophecies of the suffering Saviour. Upon Calvary He sought to lighten His mother's grief. He was thinking of her now. Mary was to witness His last agony, and Jesus desired her to understand His mission, that she might be strengthened to endure, when the sword should pierce through her soul. As Jesus had been separated from her, and she had sought Him sorrowing three days, so when He should be offered up for the sins of the world, He would again be lost to her for three days. And as He should come forth from the tomb, her sorrow would again be turned to joy. But how much better she could have borne the anguish of His death if she had understood the Scriptures to which He was now trying to turn her thoughts!" {The Desire of Ages, page 82, paragraph 3}

As Jesus prepares a people to stand in the time of trouble without His mediation because they are settled into the truth intellectually and spiritually so they cannot be moved, He is helping us recognize that fellowship with Him in His sufferings is the most weighty trust and the highest honor! All we need to do is keep walking in the light in full surrender to Him, as from union and communion with Christ all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will flow forth from our lives in affectionate obedience to all of God's commandments!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #113 on: December 24, 2022, 08:22:13 AM »
Amen my dear friends. We all have seen the same. Today, before reading your posts, I came to the conclusion that I could not separate the closing lesson.

In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked. This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ.
     Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it. Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them. They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence.

Not only do we see a loving Savior, we see the underlying principles of  the plan of salvation. If we want to glorify God, then we must be transformed daily. Even more, we must not neglect to keep our minds focused on Jesus throughout the day. It may have been that Joseph and Mary had their devotions and morning worship, but they did not keep focused on Jesus. They did not understand their continual need of power from above to keep from sin. They allowed their minds to wander away from Jesus. So it is with us today. If we allow the mind to wander, then we loose our connection with Jesus and have no protection from sin.

The close of the lesson is a well kept secret, that by beholding we become changed. It is a spiritual and intellectual truth. The mind is like plastic and is continually changing into what the eyes and mind behold. 2 Cor. 3:18 is the solution to the Laodicean condition in our church, and it was seen in the message Jesus gave to Nicodemus after strongly rebuking this Laodicean leader in Israel. Those who are reading with us daily are beholding the Lamb and can testify that it changes our life to more perfectly reveal the character of our Savior. And, when we do not spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating His life, we can testify of our loss, and shame in not glorifying our Lord.

As much of the world celebrates the birth of Jesus, let us take opportunity to share what God has given to us, a knowledge of Him and the plan of salvation. Have a blessed Sabbath and Christmas our dear friends! Tell of the wonderful message that Christ came to this dark spot in the universe to give not only in Words but in deeds.

rahab

« Reply #114 on: December 24, 2022, 01:12:57 PM »
Amen  :)

Beacon

« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2023, 09:12:57 PM »
"Many feel that God has dealt harshly with them."

"They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence."

"It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones."

"As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit."

"If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross."

Are "WE" Willing to learn the Lessons of Penitence and Humiliation at the Foot of the Cross?

=============================
Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.
    Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
    But Christ that lives in me.
Not I, but Christ to gently soothe in sorrow,
Not I, but Christ to wipe the falling tear;
Not I, but Christ to lift the weary burden,
Not I, but Christ to hush away all fear.
Christ, only Christ, no idle word e’er falling,
Christ, only Christ, no needless bustling sound;
Christ, only Christ, no self-important bearing,
Christ, only Christ, no trace of I be found.
Not I, but Christ my every need supplying,
Not I, but Christ my strength and health to be;
Christ, only Christ, for spirit, soul, and body,
Christ, only Christ, live then Thy life in me.
Christ, only Christ, ere long will fill my vision,
Glory excelling soon, full soon I’ll see;
Christ, only Christ, my every wish fulfilling,
Christ, only Christ, my all in all to be.

Lyrics:Mrs. Ada A. Whiddington (1891)
Music:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2023, 08:16:55 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!!  Such an important lesson for us all to learn and to remember. 

Mary and Joseph let their minds wander away from Jesus. So it is with us. We too often let our minds think upon other things and not the great work God has entrusted to us. I use the example of dropping a bolt or nut into the grass and spending much time looking for it when I ought to have gone to Jesus for help. How about when we are tempted beyond what we can bear? Why would that be when God has promised that we would not be tempted beyond what we can bear? We are not abiding in Christ and He in us, that is why. It all starts in the morning when we renew our connection with Jesus, and then do it again at noon and again in evening worship. We must be in an attitude of prayer continually that we not lose sight of Jesus.

It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross. As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18.

Why not spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Jesus? Join with us as we daily read the most beautiful revelation of the character of our God. By beholding the loveliness of Jesus, you will be transformed into His image (character).  Then share with us what you are learning of Him of gave all that we might live. -If you are not fully registered, send a request to administrator@remnant-online. com.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2023, 10:14:15 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

It's so uplifting to keep our focus on Christ and His loveliness!

"It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross." {The Desire of Ages, page  83, paragraph 4}

Becoming like Jesus by beholding Jesus brings us the truest joy! Thankfully, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will flow forth from the life that is fully surrendered to Him. We are empowered to gladly obey Him as He abides in us and we abide in Him by His word. 

Dorine

« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2023, 04:52:24 AM »
"The words of Jesus had moved their hearts as they had never before been moved by words from human lips. God was seeking to give light to those leaders in Israel, and He used the only means by which they could be reached. In their pride they would have scorned to admit that they could receive instruction from anyone. If Jesus had appeared to be trying to teach them, they would have disdained to listen. But they flattered themselves that they were teaching Him, or at least testing His knowledge of the Scriptures. The youthful modesty and grace of Jesus disarmed their prejudices. Unconsciously their minds were opened to the word of God, and the Holy Spirit spoke to their hearts."

What grace and wisdom Jesus had even as a child. He showed a maturity far beyond His years. In fact it was far above any scholar. He is teaching us also the importance of knowing scripture for our own spiritual growth, knowledge and protection but also He is showing us the tactful methods He used and how to open the minds of those we are ministering to. By following His example He will break down barriers for the Holy Spirit to work in the hearts of all. Then it is up to them whether they will accept or deny the truth presented.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2023, 05:59:15 AM »
Imagine getting to hear the voice of Jesus! When Mary and Jospeh left Jerusalem without Jesus as recorded in Luke 2, when they finally found Him again in the temple, they knew it was Jesus--just by His voice! May we also learn to cultivate the serious yet melodious manner of speaking we find in Christ. How? By surrendering our whole heart to Him and learning to cultivate godliness of character. In such joyful union and communion with Christ in the experience of true conversion, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in our lives as we are enabled by His divine grace to obey all of the commandments of God up to the light shining upon our pathway!

"Returning to Jerusalem, they pursued their search. The next day, as they mingled with the worshipers in the temple, a familiar voice arrested their attention. They could not mistake it; no other voice was like His, so serious and earnest, yet so full of melody." {The Desire of Ages, page 81, paragraph 1}

Let us also realize that Jesus (though we hear His voice by faith) loves to speak and sing His love over us! "The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing" (Zephaniah 3:17). Praise God for such love--even in His voice!!