Author Topic: The False Prophet  (Read 10182 times)

Allan F

The False Prophet
« on: November 18, 2002, 07:52:00 AM »
In revelation we meet the false trinity, the dragon, the beast and the false prophet. These three lead out in the greatest delusion in the last days of our history.

Often we hear explanation of who these three beings symbolize. We have often heard that the False prophet is the fallen protestantism, but personally I felt it difficult to proove until I started to use my Bible in order to find it out.

Hear is what I have found so far. I hope someone can add and begin to point out if, or what or where this phenomenon exists today.
Looking forward to your participation.

--

The word prophet means "messenger". A false prophet will therefore give false messages about God and his will.
The false prophet which is mentioned in Revelation most probably has this name because it has the same characteristics as the false prophets in OT-Israel. With this in view, the False Prophet in the end time can easily be identified:

1) WHERE WOULD WE EXPECT TO FIND THE FALSE PROPHET?
-The false prophets mentioned in the Bible was living in Israel, claiming to be true followers of God.
-We would therefore suppose that the False Prophet is a phenomena existing among those who claim to be true followers of God. In other words, it is inside christianity.

2) THE TEACHINGS OF THE FALSE PROPHET:

I) Love, love, love, under all circumstances (Jer 6:14).
-The truth: Esek 33:6

II) You may (partly or wholly) despise God / his Word and still be in peace with him (Jer 23:17).
-The truth: 2Tess 2:10.

III) Salvation without a whole-hearted surrendering (Jer 23:17).  
-The truth: Esek 18:31.

IV) It is not necessary to receive a new heart or to change the conduct (Jer 23:17).
-The truth: Esek 36:26.27.

V) True liberty includes doing away with the law (2Pet 2:1.2.19).
-The truth: Jes 48:18, Matt 5:17.

VI) Its is impossible to live up to the commandments of God (Job 4:12-19. This is a Spirit talking. Spirits are also involved in the False Prophet phenomena, Rev. 16:13)
-The truth: Rom 2:26.27.

VII) The False Prophet doesn't speak about the necessity of turning away from sin to a life in righteousness (Jer 23?:22).
-The truth: Mar 1:15.

VIII) The False Prophet doesn't even speak about sin (Lam 2:14).
-The truth: Matt 5:21-37.

IX) The False Prophet teaches that Jesus had a different nature than humans (1Jn 4:1.2)
-The truth: With a dualistic view on the nature of man it would be possible. But a monistic view on the nature of man excludes this possibility. Physical degeneration also implies intellectual and moral degeneration (see DA 117.1). Compare also Heb 4:15 with James 1:14)

3) CONSEQUENCES OF THE TEACHINGS OF THE FALSE PROPHET:

I) By the way the False Prophet interpret the Bible, they steal Gods words from men, and Gods intention with giving His Word comes not into effect (Jer 23:29.30).

II) A form of godliness, but denying the power thereof (2Tim 3:5).

III) Their false teaching is more popular than the truth (Luk 6:22.23.26). -> It should be expected to be the most common theology today.

IV) "...with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way,.." (Esek 13:22). Thus, the False Prophet is responsible for leading people away from salvation and for keeping others in a state of unsaved condition.

V) False assurance of salvation: "Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place. Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, are these" (or Jesus / Hallelujah / Lord etc.) (Jer 7:3.4). Compare with Matt 7:21.

Who fits into these characteristics?

Sincerly
Allan F

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
The False Prophet
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2002, 10:02:00 AM »
I sadly say, many of our SDA leaders today.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Glass

With Christian Love,
Marie

Mike Lowe

• http://www.wildernesswayadventures.com/index.html
The False Prophet
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2002, 05:07:00 PM »
Some of the connections you made between the False Prophet and the Scriptures passages you quoted are not necesarily exclusively true of the False Prophet. Much of what you quoted is also true of the First Beast, which is not surprising since they're related - mother and daughter.

The following textual similarites suggest the Lamblike Beast and the False Prophet are one and the same:

Rev 13:11-14
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.... And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast...

Rev 19:20
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him...

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
The False Prophet
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2002, 08:02:00 PM »
"Because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication."  Seems to fit very well.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
The False Prophet
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2002, 01:42:00 AM »
  Another thought!

Matthew 24:24 " For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

Hmm, methinks it is possible, as we have been told that "some of the brightest lights will go out".

My thoughts!
Thank Your Allan for your thoughts!!
LMe

Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Allan F

The False Prophet
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2002, 02:50:00 AM »
Hello, thank you for all the comments! Yes, Mike, some of these characteristics would possibly fit to the first beast as well. However, it seems that the false prophets in OT pretended to be speaking words from God, not tradition, etc, which the first beast does.

By the way, looking only at the characteristics presented in the last post, where would the prophet Ellen White fit in? False/true?

There are one text in the OT that reminds me of the description of the False prophet, dragon and beast in Rev 16. Please compare these two texts and see if there are any parallels:

"Again he said, Therefore hear the word of the LORD; I saw the LORD sitting upon his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left. And the LORD said, Who shall entice Ahab king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one spake saying after this manner, and another saying after that manner.  Then there came out a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will entice him. And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And the Lord said, Thou shalt entice him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so.
Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil against thee." (2 Chro 18:18-22)

"And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty." (Rev 16,13.14)

Allan F

Mike Lowe

The False Prophet
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2002, 06:08:00 AM »
The implications and insinuations suggesting that the SDA Church is one of the protestant denominations that make up the False Prophet are rather unsettling, and, in my opinion, unbiblical.

The church of Laodicea symbolizes the SDA Church, and the church of Babylon symbolizes the RCC and protestant churches. While it is true the SDA Church has been infiltrated by babylonian members, and leaders whose theology is babylonian, their presence does not make her a False Prophet.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
The False Prophet
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2002, 09:23:00 AM »
The things that Ellen White said would happen to this church are today happening. She said that it would be so bad that the Church would almost fall, but it will not. (I believe this to be the time of the shaking) and when it is over His Church will be clean, but with few SDA's left, I fear. Only those who were ready and prepared with oil in their lamps (the Holy Spirit) will prevail. But the interesting thing is that during this time we will see many come in from the streets, so to speak (taken from the parable of the Kings invitation) And we are seeing this happen too, even whole churches coming in.

It is not the Church that we have to look at here, it is the beliefs. Those beliefs are true and correct. And some of them pointedly make us different then any other Church.

Ellen White was a true Prophet. She passed every test. Her prophecies are all coming true. The big test for Adventists will not be the Sabbath, but rather belief in the Spirit of Prophecy. If they fail to believe God's messages to us in this, then their beliefs in the rest, including the Sabbath will also fall, if not right away, they will in time.
If one really stands on the Word of God and knows the Word of God, then they will see no fault in the SOP. They will see it as added light, not different light from the Bible. They go hand in hand, one is not different from the other.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Glass

With Christian Love,
Marie

Laurie Mosher

The False Prophet
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2002, 02:02:00 PM »
  AMEN, Sister Glass!
 Laurie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
The False Prophet
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2002, 05:50:00 PM »
Pastor Mike, I don't think there was any intention to make application to the Seventh-day Adventist Church. I know there was not. Brother Laurie's statement may be seen to suggest that the false prophet may be successful at winning some who were "bright lights" in God's church. This we know to be true. The church is not pure, but will soon be.

Happy Sabbath!

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mike Lowe

The False Prophet
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2002, 06:02:00 PM »
Okay, but don't get me wrong, I'm not some staunch defender of the SDA Church. She will survive without my help, thank God. It's just that it seems clear to me that the False Prophet is specifically the protestant denominations and churches which cling to any one of the RCC falsehoods. And any similarities between the SDA Church and the False Prophet are unfortunate, but they do not mean that she is part of it.

Laurie Mosher

The False Prophet
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2002, 01:04:00 AM »
  Agreed Mike!
Laurie

robertsm71

• http://
The False Prophet
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 03:34:00 AM »
I heartily agree with the idea that the false prophet is the fallen protestant churches, brother A's parallel to the OT prophets is very insightful. It seems to me that the threefold union in Revelation 16 is primarily a spiritual union, between all the major world religions, united through spiritualism, (the frogs) and who then go to the kings of the earth (political leaders) to gather them to the battle of the day of God Almighty at Armageddon. Comparing this with Revelation 17 and the ten kings who have one mind and give their power and strength unto the beast, we again see that the kings of the earth, will unite to voluntarily surrender their political power to the papacy in order to fight against the Lamb. Then again in Revelation 19 we see that the Beast and the false prophet and their armies are gathered together to fight against him that sit's on the white horse (Christ) but they lose (Praise God) . Also when the great city babylon falls, it divides into three, thus we see that this threefold union seems to be the makeup of the last manifestation of Great Babylon!

robertsm71

• http://
The False Prophet
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 03:42:00 AM »
One other thing I forgot to mention is the comparison between the lamblike beast (second beast of revelation 13) and the false prophet as described in Revelation 19. This comparison seems valid however one must ask the question why the change in symbol, from a lamblike beast to a false prophet, I believe that God is trying to expand the details regarding the final players, the second beast in Rev 13 is clearly the USA as a political entitiy where the false prophet as has been shown in the previous discussion, is clearly a religious not primarily political power. Thus it must be to my thinking the religious influence in the USA which we know is protestantism, apostate as it may be, but protestant in name none the less. Surely we are seeing this develop before our eyes.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The False Prophet
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 10:11:05 AM »
This conversation began in 2002 and the last post was in 2004. Do we see any of this more clearly at the very end of 2009? It appears as if we could greatly add to what has been presented.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 01:40:37 PM »
The conversation of EGW's predictions was moved here:
http://remnant-online.com/smf/index.php?topic=10094.0
"Ellen G. White Predictions - What were They?

Donna H

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 09:23:15 AM »

2) THE TEACHINGS OF THE FALSE PROPHET:<P>I) Love, love, love, under all circumstances (Jer 6:14).

Isn' t the falshood 'peace' when there is in fact no peace? Preaching peace and that all is right with God, when in fact the people are living in sin. To not love in all circumstances is sin. - Love our enemies, etc.  I know it's probably just semantics, but seems the difference is very great.
Faith is the living power that presses through every barrier, overrides all obstacles, and plants its banner in the heart of the enemy’s camp. 4T 163.3

colporteur

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 12:46:26 PM »
I think the "love love love" being spoken of here and "peace peace" is off the same tree. The "love love" is not really love but acceptance of sin at all cost. It is permissiveness and sentimentalism.  It is an attitude of "don't aggitate or rile the people by presenting such a narrow way of thinking."
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 09:53:54 AM »
Yes, we are to love everyone, showing great kindness, patience, mercy and compassion. The trouble with too many churches these days is that this is the focus of their message: love, love, thinking that is enough when the Bible teaches of obedience to God. One is overly emphasized while the other is left undone. When this is brought to their attention, it appears in my mind that peace, peace comes in to smooth over this requirement and the people are certainly left in their sins thinking everything is all right with God when it isn't.

Consider this:

Those who seek to cloak sin, and make it appear less aggravated to the mind of the offender, are doing the work of the false prophets, and may expect the retributive wrath of God to follow such a course. The Lord will never accommodate his ways to the wishes of corrupt men. The false prophet condemned Jeremiah for afflicting the people with his severe denunciations; and he sought to reassure them by promising them prosperity, thinking that the poor people should not be continually reminded of their sins and threatened with punishment. This course strengthened the people to resist the true prophet's counsel, and intensified their enmity toward him.

God has no sympathy with the evil-doer. He gives no one liberty to gloss over the sins of his people, nor to cry, “Peace! peace!” when he has declared that there shall be no peace for the wicked. Those who stir up rebellion against the servants whom God sends to deliver his messages, are rebelling against the word of the Lord.

Donna H

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 12:38:33 PM »
Yes, I understand and agree with you Sybil and colporteur, I was just pointing out a semantic that I thought could be a quite meaningful difference in terms of falsehood.
 ;)
Faith is the living power that presses through every barrier, overrides all obstacles, and plants its banner in the heart of the enemy’s camp. 4T 163.3