Author Topic: Bible Translations  (Read 210250 times)

asygo

Re: Bible Translations
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2008, 09:15:53 AM »
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.

This is rather important. Sadly, this plays into the hands of Satan to remove the simple truth that sin is the transgression of the law. Even in our church are those who deceive on the gospel by the confusion of what sin is. Very sad and a very bad change when no change was needed. The KJV was just to the point, an important point.

why did they have to change that which was perfect? They did not...

why do they need to change something, just to change it. The KJV was perfectly good and perfectly simple. In this case the translators have muddied the waters. Can you agree with me, dear brother?

I will have to disagree with you here, Bro Richard. The NKJV "changes" it because it is what the Greek says. It is what John wrote.

"a" = without (e.g. amoral, asynchronous)
"nomos" = law
"anomia" = without law -> lawlessness

Anomia is found 15 times in the NT, 2 times in 1Jn 3:4. Of the 13 other times, the KJV translates it as "iniquity" 12 times, and "unrighteousness" once. Only in the last part of 1Jn 3:4 is it translated "transgression of the law." Interesting, huh?

The first part of 1Jn 3:4 is even more interesting.

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law."

Putting in some of the Greek, we see this: Whosoever poieo sin poieo also the law.

What is poieo? Of the hundreds of times it is found in the NT, here's how the KJV translates it: do 357, make 113, bring forth 14, commit 9, cause 9, work 8, show 5, bear 4, keep 4, fulfil 3, deal 2, perform 2, not tr 3, misc 43, vr do 3. We see that the KJV, in this verse, translates it as "do" the first time, and "transgresseth" the second time.

Does anyone think it strange that the two occurrences of poieo in 1Jn 3:4 are translated as opposite of each other? I do. And looking at how it is translated the vast majority of the time, I see no reason why it should be translated as "transgresseth" in the verse. Until you look at the Greek hiding under "the law."

Under there, you will find our old friend anomia. It turns out that instead of "the law," John was saying just the opposite - without law, lawlessness. With that clarification, we see that John did not use the same word, poieo, in opposite ways in the same breath.

So now, here's what we have: Whoever does sin does also anomia - lawlessness. And that's what the NKJV has.

So where does our beloved "transgression of the law" come from? It is an interpretation, not a translation. And the NKJV, at least in this case, restores the verse to what it says, not what the translators think it means.

BTW, if anyone suspects that Westcott and Hort had something to do with this, they did not. You can find this in the Textus Receptus.

BTW2, 1Jn 3:4 is used by some to assert that "transgression of the law" only means a willful violation of a known command. But the fact is that the Greek makes sin much more objective than that. Sin is not defined by what we willfully do, but by what God says. Anomia - without law, lawless - makes that clearer. And a little analysis of what transgress means - crossing over - shows that even the English carries the same meaning. But some people like to read the Bible based on what they believe, rather than basing their beliefs on how the Bible reads.

BTW3, 1Jn 3:4, when seen in the Greek, removes much of the excuse for committing hamartia - missing the mark. It says, "hamartia is anomia." Yes, missing the mark is also against the law.

Was the KJV "just to the point"? I don't think so. That rendering can be, and has been, and will be, used to teach that sin is defined by what man does or does not intend to do - a man-centered heresy. OTOH, the NKJV makes it clearer that sin is defined by what God commands in His law - a God-centered truth.

So why the change from the KJV to the NKJV rendering? Because it was not perfect. Now, it is more perfect.

Caveat: All that is from a non-expert, so get your salt shakers out.  ;)
By God's grace,
Arnold M. Sy Go
-end-

Won Bae

« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2008, 06:22:56 PM »
mimi'
I am not sure with what you want to help.  If you want to know if 5:20 translation into Korean is complete, it is a complete sentence. How do you type the Korean in your computer?  I was born and raised in Korea and finished college in Korea, but it has been a long, long time since I read a Korean Bible, however, I was able to read and understand what you have written.

Won

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2008, 06:24:54 PM »
I want to verify if those texts are in the Korean Bible or not. We have been told they are not. I want verification, if we can get it.

Thank you, Won.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2008, 06:54:58 PM »
Brother Richard, I do believe if you do a few more comparisson's you would find the NKJV a very good source, maybe it might be a better version to give to new Christians, especially younger one's, knowing that firstly the message is the same as the KJV, and that secondly, the people would be able to understand the language much better. This is all about understanding the Bible, and making it available to the masses, without tampering or dumbing down the Word of God.

Amen.  I will look at more. How does the NKJV do with the sanctuary message?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

asygo

« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2008, 08:49:39 PM »
When we realize that the NKJV differs from the KJV, we should also realize that this fact proves that the NKJV is wrong JUST AS MUCH as it proves that the KJV is wrong.

The only legitimate method to determine which is correct is to go to the originals - Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic - and determine what God meant, then compare the translations to see if they convey the same meaning. But without going to the Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic, it's all just a bunch of blah blah.

If someone wants the KJV, go for it. But don't presume to say any other translation is bad unless you're willing to put on your scholar hat and dig into the original manuscripts. Anything short is just rhetoric. I prefer to leave that with the politicians.

Well, most of us are not Greek and Hebrew scholars, and so that is unrealistic, and we are stuck with the English language.

What that means is that for most of us, it is unwise to sit in the judge's seat to determine the quality of translations with any degree of confidence. If we know only English, and not the originals, then we are in no position to determine if the English translation was faithful to the authors' original text. It is easy to see that to judge the quality of a translation, an absolute bare minimum requirement is that one know both the original language and the language into which the book is translated. Without meeting that requirement, we're just basing our judgment on our personal biases.

Given all the problems with the modern translations, not the least of which are the biases (more abundant than they were 400 years ago, due to the multiplication of heresies), it still makes sense to use the KJV as the default translation.

In that case, Wycliffe's version would be better than the KJV.

Use as many others as you want for comparison, but if it's way off from the KJV, the eyebrows should be raised.

Considering the ~95% agreement among the differing NT manuscripts, I would say that eyebrows should rise if any translation is way off from any of the others.
By God's grace,
Arnold M. Sy Go
-end-

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #185 on: March 12, 2008, 04:40:52 AM »
Considering the ~95% agreement among the differing NT manuscripts, I would say that eyebrows should rise if any translation is way off from any of the others.

That appears to be faulty reasoning, dear brother. If I gave you a dinner that was of the same measure, you might not live through the night. Now, if this is so with our physical life, ought not we be just as much or even more concerned about our spiritual life? If you take in 5% of your daily study that is very well placed lies, I fear for your ultimate end.

This is just what has happened and it is proving deadly for very many. They pick and choose what they like from the Bible and itching ears like the smooth things. Satan has been planning for this day. He has prepared for these poor souls, smooth lies that are not consistent with the rest of the Word of God, but this is no matter to the ones who do not want their sins reproved. You take the "bibles" with the 5% lies and try to use your human reasoning to translate from a language you to  not understand on a word by word basis and you will lose in the end.  The KJV is a very good Bible. It is consistent from Genesis to Revelation in the things that matter. There are very few difficulties that have a material importance on the gospel truth. Not so with many of the new "bibles".

Brother Andre has presented some good information on the NKJV and I am studying this out without bias. All are asked to help in this matter. Is the NKJV corrupted in major verses? I don't know. I have gone to important verses that the NIV has changed and the NKJV has not. So, I am going to continue look at it. If others have already done this, then please save me the time and point out the failings of this version.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

aerasmus

« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2008, 06:02:21 AM »

That appears to be faulty reasoning, dear brother. If I gave you a dinner that was of the same measure, you might not live through the night. Now, if this is so with our physical life, ought not we be just as much or even more concerned about our spiritual life? If you take in 5% of your daily study that is very well placed lies, I fear for your ultimate end.

This is just what has happened and it is proving deadly for very many. They pick and choose what they like from the Bible and itching ears like the smooth things. Satan has been planning for this day. He has prepared for these poor souls, smooth lies that are not consistent with the rest of the Word of God, but this is no matter to the ones who do not want their sins reproved. You take the "bibles" with the 5% lies and try to use your human reasoning to translate from a language you to  not understand on a word by word basis and you will lose in the end.  The KJV is a very good Bible. It is consistent from Genesis to Revelation in the things that matter. There are very few difficulties that have a material importance on the gospel truth. Not so with many of the new "bibles".

Brother Andre has presented some good information on the NKJV and I am studying this out without bias. All are asked to help in this matter. Is the NKJV corrupted in major verses? I don't know. I have gone to important verses that the NIV has changed and the NKJV has not. So, I am going to continue look at it. If others have already done this, then please save me the time and point out the failings of this version.

Brother Richard I believe the Brother was referring to the fact that not all the NT manuscripts are 100% the same, as mentioned before, this is why the newer translations dont have things in which the KJV have, as some of them were additions by the copyists

Take the last verses of Mark chapter 16, which yet again prove that not all of the NT manuscripts are the same...
Important textual evidence may be cited (cf. p. 146) for the omission of vs. 9–20 altogether, and thus for concluding the Gospel of Mark with v. 8. Commentators favoring the omission of vs. 9–20 point to numerous differences in literary style, idiom, and wording between these verses and the preceding portion of the Gospel. These verses are called the Longer Ending of Mark. Instead of the Longer Ending a few ancient manuscripts have what is called the Shorter Ending: “But they reported briefly to Peter and those with him all that they had been told. And after this, Jesus himself sent out by means of them, from east to west, the sacred and imperishable proclamation of eternal salvation” (RSV). Taken as a whole, however, textual evidence favors the so-called Longer Ending.
Nichol, Francis D.: The Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary : The Holy Bible With Exegetical and Expository Comment. Washington, D.C. : Review and Herald Publishing Association, 1978 (Commentary Reference Series), S. Mk 16:9

asygo

« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2008, 08:29:42 AM »

Some may say, with equal vehemence, that you are the one imbibing the 5% poison by your absolute trust in the KJV. In the end, you might discover that ALL translators have biases. You just happen to prefer the biases of the KJV translators.

If we found the KJV to be significantly different from all other translations on some point, you would probably say that's proof that all other translations are faulty. In contrast, I would question the KJV. I don't let my guard down, even when reading the KJV.

You take the "bibles" with the 5% lies and try to use your human reasoning to translate from a language you to  not understand on a word by word basis and you will lose in the end.  The KJV is a very good Bible. It is consistent from Genesis to Revelation in the things that matter. There are very few difficulties that have a material importance on the gospel truth. Not so with many of the new "bibles".

Unless you know the original languages, you are basing that determination on your personal biases. Your biases may very well prove to be correct, but they are subjective biases nonetheless.

And to say that other bibles have error simply because they differ from the KJV carries no weight with those who are not already sold on the KJV. IOW, it is an argument that serves no purpose, since it does not convince anyone of anything new.

This, BTW, is the basis of most arguments in the pro-KJV books I've read. Very disheartening, and damaging to the reputation of the KJV. Of all the arguments I've seen, I find Dean Burgon's most compelling, though he was defending the TR, not the KJV.

Bro Richard, are you now willing to look at the Greek? If you're only comparing it to the KJV, the "changes" you find may be "restorations" to the original that the KJV changed in the first place, as we find in 1Jn 3:4.

If you want a modern version that stays the closest to the KJV, I think the KJ21 might be worth a look. But that is not necessarily the same as staying the closest to what the bible authors wrote.
By God's grace,
Arnold M. Sy Go
-end-

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2008, 10:24:40 AM »
I have looked at the Greek and Herbrew, but I am wise enough to know that this is not helpful. I have seen where false teachers have twisted these languages to suit their interpretations, but I leave that up to the converted experts who know the languages.  I will instead look at what they say and see if it agrees with the whole of Scripture. God has blessed me in this area and I leave the Greek and Hebrew to those who are fluent in the language and who have a living relationship with Jesus and know the gospel of grace. These I am more than willing to listen to when they come bearing the Greek and Hebrew.

Thank you for the suggestion on the new translation. I will see if I can find a copy of it. 

I do not think the KJV is without error. Have never stated that.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2008, 01:34:47 PM »
When we realize that the NKJV differs from the KJV, we should also realize that this fact proves that the NKJV is wrong JUST AS MUCH as it proves that the KJV is wrong.

The only legitimate method to determine which is correct is to go to the originals - Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic - and determine what God meant, then compare the translations to see if they convey the same meaning. But without going to the Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic, it's all just a bunch of blah blah.

If someone wants the KJV, go for it. But don't presume to say any other translation is bad unless you're willing to put on your scholar hat and dig into the original manuscripts. Anything short is just rhetoric. I prefer to leave that with the politicians.

Well, most of us are not Greek and Hebrew scholars, and so that is unrealistic, and we are stuck with the English language.

What that means is that for most of us, it is unwise to sit in the judge's seat to determine the quality of translations with any degree of confidence. If we know only English, and not the originals, then we are in no position to determine if the English translation was faithful to the authors' original text. It is easy to see that to judge the quality of a translation, an absolute bare minimum requirement is that one know both the original language and the language into which the book is translated. Without meeting that requirement, we're just basing our judgment on our personal biases.

Given all the problems with the modern translations, not the least of which are the biases (more abundant than they were 400 years ago, due to the multiplication of heresies), it still makes sense to use the KJV as the default translation.

In that case, Wycliffe's version would be better than the KJV.

Use as many others as you want for comparison, but if it's way off from the KJV, the eyebrows should be raised.

If I follow your reasoning than, since most of us are not Greek or Hebrew scholars, we should just leave it up to the whims and biases of the modern translators.  The issues are not the same as they were in the days of Wycliffe and the KJV.  The issue then was to get the Bible into the English language.  Now, the translations are multiplied according to the biases of the translators.  Shall I get the gender neutral Bible?  How about the one for the feminists?  One easy way to tell of a translation is faulty is to see if it contradicts itself--something that Scripture cannot do, but which a biased translation, such as the NIV can and will do.  I know you will now try to show where the KJV appears to contradict itself.  Don't waste your time.  I'm aware of those, and they are all the result of one of several possibilities:  not enough information available about the situation when the passage was penned; mistranslation of a particular word.

One other sidelight:  to my knowledge there are only 2, possible 3 translations that translate Dan. 8:14 "shall be cleansed," which, as Cliff Goldstein has shown, is a good and proper rendering of the Hebrew.  The doctrine of the investigative judgment is not so easily arrived at if that text is muddied as it is in virtually all modern translations.  Again, I go back to the French and Spanish Bibles, both of which say "shall be cleansed."

You also implied that Wycliffe's translation was less biased that the KJV.  Not sure where you got that idea, but the KJV developed out of Wycliffe's and Tyndale's translations, and the KJV was an improvement.  I've never said that the KJV was perfect--the word "Easter" should have never been put in there, for example, but it is, nevertheless, a good translation, minus the baggage of all the newer ones, starting with the RSV.

What I and many like me object to is the fact that the denomination, in most of its publications, seems to be promoting  (cramming down our unwilling throats?) the NIV very heavily, and has been for years.  If they wanted to promote a particular translation, they could have at least picked one that is closer to the original Greek and Hebrew.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2008, 02:16:05 PM »
Brother Wally, how does the NJKV translate the sanctuary verses?

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2008, 02:20:43 PM »
http://bible.cc/hebrews/1-11.htm

Here is a nice translation parallel site.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2008, 02:40:42 PM »
Pardon my interruption ... I just found this while looking for something else ...

Matthew 5:17-20 (King James Version)

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

******KOREAN Translation of the KJV******

5:17 내 가 율 법 이 나 선 지 자 나 폐 하 러 온 줄 로 생 각 지 말 라 폐 하 러 온 것 이 아 니 요 완 전 케 하 려 함 이 로 다

5:18 진 실 로 너 희 에 게 이 르 노 니 천 지 가 없 어 지 기 전 에 는 율 법 의 일 점 일 획 이 라 도 반 드 시 없 어 지 지 아 니 하 고 다 이 루 리 라

5:19 그 러 므 로 누 구 든 지 이 계 명 중 에 지 극 히 작 은 것 하 나 라 도 버 리 고 또 그 같 이 사 람 을 가 르 치 는 자 는 천 국 에 서 지 극 히 작 다 일 컬 음 을 받 을 것 이 요 누 구 든 지 이 를 행 하 며 가 르 치 는 자 는 천 국 에 서 크 다 일 컬 음 을 받 으 리 라

5:20 내 가 너 희 에 게 이 르 노 니 너 희 의 가 서 기 관 과 바 리 새 인 보 다 더 낫 지 못 하 면 결 단 코 천 국 에 들 어 가 지 못 하 리 라

Not there. Left out.

If we have some Koreans, or those who read Korean or have this translation, please help us verify this information.
Won: I have come to the conclusion that the person questioning whether or not this text is in the Korean translation of Scripture did not have their computer settings on the correct item to view the Korean characters. If they are not properly set to view "Korean" - the result will be question marks such as shown above.   

So you may disregard my question, dear man.

Won Bae

« Reply #193 on: March 12, 2008, 04:46:58 PM »
Mimmi,
The Korean translation of the Bible verses are correct.  Since I do not own a Korean Bible I can not tell if they are indeed in the Bible.  But I do not see why they are not in the Bible.  I will try to find a Korean Bible and verify it.

Won

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2008, 04:54:23 PM »
Thank you, Won. I have learned the site this question came from is suspect at best and I am actually regretting bringing up the question. So don't trouble yourself too much over this.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2008, 05:36:52 PM »
Brother Wally, how does the NJKV translate the sanctuary verses?

Daniel 8:14--
And he said to me, “For two thousand three hundred days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed.”  NKJV

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

asygo

« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2008, 06:35:23 PM »
I have looked at the Greek and Herbrew, but I am wise enough to know that this is not helpful.

It depends on how you intend use it. If you put on your apologist hat and your purpose is to defend your current beliefs, it is probably not helpful at all unless you are fluent. But if your purpose is to find out what the Bible writers wrote, regardless of your beliefs, then it is most helpful.

I fall into category 2, since I have never become so confident of my beliefs that I can judge a translation on the basis of its perceived agreement or disagreement with my beliefs. However, I have found that I can use pretty much any translation to defend my beliefs, as long as it is a translation rather than an interpretation.

I have seen where false teachers have twisted these languages to suit their interpretations, but I leave that up to the converted experts who know the languages.

Well, we've seen that done in English. Those who are so inclined can wrest any Scripture in any language.

Thank you for the suggestion on the new translation. I will see if I can find a copy of it.

You can go to BibleGateway.com to check it out. You can even compare verses in multiple versions, so you can have the KJV, NKJV, and KJ21 side-by-side.

Click on these "controversial" verses to see a comparison in 5 versions: Daniel 8:14 and Revelation 22:14. I threw in the NASB since that is what many scholars say is the most accurate translation. You will note also the difference between the Textus Receptus translations and the Nestle/UBS translations (what some would call Westcott/Hort abominations) in the Revelation verse, due to the difference in the Greek manuscripts.

I do not think the KJV is without error. Have never stated that.

When you come across error in the KJV, where do you find the correct version? IOW, what has enough authority to you to trump the KJV?
By God's grace,
Arnold M. Sy Go
-end-

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2008, 07:54:10 PM »

When you come across error in the KJV, where do you find the correct version? IOW, what has enough authority to you to trump the KJV?

For a moment, let's say that you live 300 years ago and you come across what you perceive to be error in the KJV. What has enough authority for you to trump that particular translation of that verse?

asygo

« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2008, 08:41:17 PM »

For a moment, let's say that you live 300 years ago and you come across what you perceive to be error in the KJV. What has enough authority for you to trump that particular translation of that verse?

If I was in that situation, I would have to look at the originals and see if what the prophets wrote matches what the translators wrote. And since I am quite distrustful of my own scholarship, I would find some others to work on the project with me, others who might not agree with me on all things. We would compare Scripture with Scripture, in the original languages as much as possible, and see how it all fits. Of course, all this activity must be guided by the Holy Spirit. And of course, since we would have no computers, this would involve a huge pile of scrolls.

After quite a bit of work, we might eventually come to the point of determining with some degree of confidence how well the 50 KJV translators did. We might find that we are in agreement, such as tsadaq in Dan 8:14. Or we might find that we are in disagreement, such as poieo and anomia in 1Jn 3:4.

But the bottom line question is, what has enough authority to trump the translation? The original.

But what if I'm incapable of understanding the original, as most people are? Then I should face the fact that I am ill-equipped to cast judgment on the translation. In short, I should stop trying to do what I cannot do.

My only recourse is to go to someone I trust who can do the job of straightening it out for me. For some, they trust scholars such as James Strong, Matthew Henry, or bible translators to help them understand what it means. Some look to contemporary prophets such as Joseph Smith or Mary Baker Eddy for clarification.

How about you? How do you find the truth when the KJV is incorrect?

BTW, Wycliffe's Bible, which came out in the 1300's, was based on the Vulgate. Tyndale's version, about 200 years later, was based on Erasmus' manuscripts. (I suspect that they differ in Revelation 22:14.) Which one is better? I'd go for Tyndale's. Older is not necessarily better. That's true for Wycliffe, Tyndale, Textus Receptus, Vaticanus, Sinaiticus, KJV, and anything else.
By God's grace,
Arnold M. Sy Go
-end-

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2008, 09:28:57 PM »
My only recourse is to go to someone I trust who can do the job of straightening it out for me. For some, they trust scholars such as James Strong, Matthew Henry, or bible translators to help them understand what it means. Some look to contemporary prophets such as Joseph Smith or Mary Baker Eddy for clarification.

How about you? How do you find the truth when the KJV is incorrect?

:)  There is a need for translators. I hold no hard feelings against that profession. :) But, in today's age, I fear that the majority are not following God. Why? That is rather easy to answer. The churches are fallen. Are there some good translators? I hope so, but I am not the one to ask. I don't know any.

So, that leaves me with a problem. How to discern all of that important error in my Bible. Well...maybe not so much, but it surely must be important to discern it. Yes, in some cases it is. In some cases it really makes no difference to me. Why? Because some of the error is not of an important nature. The Bible is a large volume. But, it is not so large we cannot read and understand it. It is just right. For what? To be able to know what it is that God wants me to know for each day. I am not bothered by any error in my Bible. I was by the error in my NIV. That is why I will never read from it again. I was very disturbed. But, I am not ever bothered and never have been since the very first time I began to study from my KJV. This comes from one who detested the Old English. So, something must have happened. Yes, something did.

The Holy Spirit revealed to me the correct understanding of Romans seven and eight. I never have been concerned about understanding my Bible since that very first study. God through the Holy Spirit teaches me as He wants me to see. He gives me just what I need each day, for that day. He can teach me in a moment what I could not learn in a lifetime without Him. So, the issue with me is not so much the correct interpretation of the Hebrew or Greek, but is if I am His and hearing that still small voice. Line upon line, precept upon precept the truth is discerned. When a verse comes up that appears to be contrary to the truth, I first believe it is I that am wrong. But, there have been some verses that after many years of not being able to understand how they fit with the truth, I have come to believe they were just mis-translated. It does not bother me in the least. Because I do not rely upon one verse for my truth, I am not the least bothered by a verse that seems out of whack. How many such verses have I run across? Not very many. Maybe two or three. Are there more? I suppose so, but I don't know of any that are of importance.

Where is the problem? With those who come bearing the Hebrew and Greek in an attempt to make the Bible say what it does not say. I am speaking about important matters like grace and law and the Most Holy Place and our High Priest. I do not have the slightest desire to study the dead languages. I study my Bible and am richly blessed by so doing. God blessed me by speaking to my mind and protecting me from the error in the NIV. My duty is to warn others of the knowledge I have been given. If you want to have confidence in your Bible, then you can do so if you have a KJV. Are there other Bible translations in English that are good? I don't know. If there are, I would like to know because it will be a blessing to others who have a problem with the KJV. I do not desire another Bible. I like mine. It is the rule of my life. It is the foundation of my beliefs and is confirmed by hundreds of thousands of pages in the Spirit of Prophecy. I am a very happy and blessed Christian to have the Word of God in a manner that guides my life.

Another interesting thing that confirms my blessing is the continual error I see in many who presume to teach the gospel. I see a lack of consistency in what they say and I often see a lack of fruit in their dealings with others who disagree with them. My testimony is that God's Word is not only true, it changes one's life when it is followed. The greatest miracle of God is to see the results when the Word of God is taken into the life. This is the reason why I love my Bible. I know it is true by the results I see when its teachings are followed. By beholding the God of my Bible, I, my family, and others are changed into the same image we behold. As long as we keep our eyes on the Jesus of the KJV, we will reflect His character, His glory. This is the truth contained in my Bible. I know that the NIV leads away from this truth. Let all be persuaded in their own minds as to the truth of what I have shared. The Bible is well able to be the interpreter of itself. If a translator made a mistake, then the Bible itself will reveal this. Praise God. We can have complete faith in the Word of God!