Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--51--The Light of Life  (Read 18426 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--51--The Light of Life
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2022, 09:03:54 PM »
Amen my dear friends! Over and over again we see the power of the Truth. It works both ways. For some who reject it, their hearts are hardened then soon they will no longer hear that still small voice. But, to those who seek Truth that they may walk in it, the truth draws them ever closer to greater Truth and to Jesus.

The manifestation of divine power that had given to the blind man both natural and spiritual sight had left the Pharisees in yet deeper darkness. Some of His hearers, feeling that Christ's words applied to them, inquired, "Are we blind also?" Jesus answered, "If ye were blind, ye should have no sin." If God had made it impossible for you to see the truth, your ignorance would involve no guilt. "But now ye say, We see." You believe yourselves able to see, and reject the means through which alone you could receive sight. To all who realized their need, Christ came with infinite help. But the Pharisees would confess no need; they refused to come to Christ, and hence they were left in blindness,--a blindness for which they were themselves guilty. Jesus said, "Your sin remaineth." 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2023, 06:13:20 AM »
"In the work of redemption there is no compulsion. No external force is employed. Under the influence of the Spirit of God, man is left free to choose whom he will serve. In the change that takes place when the soul surrenders to Christ, there is the highest sense of freedom. The expulsion of sin is the act of the soul itself. True, we have no power to free ourselves from Satan's control; but when we desire to be set free from sin, and in our great need cry out for a power out of and above ourselves, the powers of the soul are imbued with the divine energy of the Holy Spirit, and they obey the dictates of the will in fulfilling the will of God.      
The only condition upon which the freedom of man is possible is that of becoming one with Christ. "The truth shall make you free;" and Christ is the truth. Sin can triumph only by enfeebling the mind, and destroying the liberty of the soul. Subjection to God is restoration to one's self,--to the true glory and dignity of man. The divine law, to which we are brought into subjection, is "the law of liberty." James 2:12.

There is no greater freedom than freedom in Christ. There is always consequences to the choices we make. Either we move deeper into hardness of heart or we are growing more into the likeness of Christ. God gave us freedom of choice but the freedom that comes from selfish desires does not bring peace or happiness. True freedom found only in Christ bestows to the life all the fruits of the spirit. We become one with Christ.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2023, 07:35:08 AM »
"The only condition upon which the freedom of man is possible is that of becoming one with Christ."

"The truth shall make you free;" and Christ is the truth. "

"Sin can triumph only by enfeebling the mind, and destroying the liberty of the soul."

"Subjection to God is restoration to one's self,to the true glory and dignity of man. The divine law, to which we are brought into subjection, is "the law of liberty." James 2:12.

==
Which choice shall "WE" make ? Our choice "WILL" determine "OUR" Eternal Destiny!! If we choose Jesus we will live forever on the Earth Made New but if we chose Satan it will be only for the temporary pleasures of this earthly life. Which choice shall "WE" make ?

====================
Earthly pleasures vainly call me,
  I would be like Jesus;
Nothing worldly shall enthrall me,
  I would be like Jesus.
    Be like Jesus, this my song,
  In the home and in the throng;
Be like Jesus, all day long!
    I would be like Jesus.
He has broken every fetter,
  I would be like Jesus;
That my soul may serve Him better,
  I would be like Jesus.
All the way from earth to glory,
  I would be like Jesus;
Telling o’er and o’er the story,
  I would be like Jesus.

Lyrics:James Rowe (1866-1933)
Music:Bentley DeForest Ackley (1872-1958)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2023, 06:04:44 AM »
Amen my brother and sister!  God is light. Jesus is the light of life. Rejecting Jesus is rejecting God. Rejecting light is rejecting Jesus. All who accept the Truth will reflect the character of God. By beholding His glory we will be changed into His image (2 Cor. 3:18).

"He that is of God," said Jesus, "heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God."
     The lesson is true for all time. Many a man who delights to quibble, to criticize, seeking for something to question in the word of God, thinks that he is thereby giving evidence of independence of thought, and mental acuteness. He supposes that he is sitting in judgment on the Bible, when in truth he is judging himself. He makes it manifest that he is incapable of appreciating truths that originate in heaven, and that compass eternity. In presence of the great mountain of God's righteousness, his spirit is not awed. He busies himself with hunting for sticks and straws, and in this betrays a narrow and earthly nature, a heart that is fast losing its capacity to appreciate God. He whose heart has responded to the divine touch will be seeking for that which will increase his knowledge of God, and will refine and elevate the character. As a flower turns to the sun, that the bright rays may touch it with tints of beauty, so will the soul turn to the Sun of Righteousness, that heaven's light may beautify the character with the graces of the character of Christ. 

Day by day as we accept truth, we learn more and more of God, thus we will reflect more and more of His character. It is this light that beautifies the character turning sinners into saints.  As the heathen see this transformation of character in man, they then know there is a God in heaven (Eze 36:23). "The heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes."
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2023, 08:08:31 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!!

Satan is the source of all sin and suffering, but God overrules all that Satan does for purposes of mercy! Let us learn of Christ and overcome sin by abiding in Jesus in complete surrender of our heart, mind and will to Him! Then all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will flow through our lives as He empowers us to obey Him from the new heart He imparts!

"God had given a lesson designed to prevent this. The history of Job had shown that suffering is inflicted by Satan, and is overruled by God for purposes of mercy. But Israel did not understand the lesson. The same error for which God had reproved the friends of Job was repeated by the Jews in their rejection of Christ." {The Desire of Ages, page 471, paragraph 3}

When Jesus came into the world and suffered immensely, Satan led the Jews to think that Jesus was a great sinner, which was a lie, and yet Christ went straight forward, fulfilling the will of the Father in becoming sin for us, dying the death we deserve on the cross, so we might be made the righteousness of God in Him as He rose from the dead and offers us His endless, perfect life!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2023, 06:48:52 AM »
What are you looking for? If you go to Christ and acknowledge His word as truth, allowing Him to sanctify and transform your character by the effectual working of the Holy Spirit, your desire and capacity for knowing and loving God will only increase! He will enable you to be a true missionary to bless others! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing, in connection with true obedience in the life up to the light Christ has revealed, will be reflected in the character and life!

"He whose heart has responded to the divine touch will be seeking for that which will increase his knowledge of God, and will refine and elevate the character. As a flower turns to the sun, that the bright rays may touch it with tints of beauty, so will the soul turn to the Sun of Righteousness, that heaven's light may beautify the character with the graces of the character of Christ." {The Desire of Ages, page 468, paragraph 2}

We can rejoice in the grace and power of Christ to encourage and transform the life in ways that glorify Him!
Praise the Lord!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2023, 03:55:16 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean. The knowledge of God leads to a transformed life full of love, joy, and peace. But, what of those who reject God's light? We see the truth when the blind man whom Jesus healed was attacked by the Pharisees. They did not know "with whom they were in controversy."

The Pharisees did not realize that they had to deal with any other than the uneducated man who had been born blind; they knew not Him with whom they were in controversy. Divine light shone into the chambers of the blind man's soul. As these hypocrites tried to make him disbelieve, God helped him to show, by the vigor and pointedness of his replies, that he was not to be ensnared. He answered, "I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be His disciples? Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art His disciple; but we are Moses' disciples. We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence He is."
     The Lord Jesus knew the ordeal through which the man was passing, and He gave him grace and utterance, so that he became a witness for Christ. He answered the Pharisees in words that were a cutting rebuke to his questioners. They claimed to be the expositors of Scripture, the religious guides of the nation; and yet here was One performing miracles, and they were confessedly ignorant as to the source of His power, and as to His character and claims. "Why herein is a marvelous thing," said the man, "that ye know not from whence He is, and yet He hath opened mine eyes. Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshiper of God, and doeth His will, him He heareth. Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind. If this Man were not of God, He could do nothing."
     The man had met his inquisitors on their own ground. His reasoning was unanswerable. The Pharisees were astonished, and they held their peace,--spellbound before his pointed, determined words. For a few moments there was silence. Then the frowning priests and rabbis gathered about them their robes, as though they feared contamination from contact with him; they shook off the dust from their feet, and hurled denunciations against him,--"Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us?" And they excommunicated him. 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2023, 10:40:34 PM »
"To all who realized their need, Christ came with infinite help."

"But the Pharisees would confess no need; they refused to come to Christ, and hence they were left in blindness,--a blindness for which they were themselves guilty. Jesus said, "Your sin remaineth."

"The soul must be emptied of self, that Christ may pour his Spirit into the vacuum. Christ must be chosen as the heavenly guest. The will must be placed on the side of God's will."

Then there is a new heart, and new, holy resolves. It is Jesus enthroned in the soul that makes every action easy in his service."

Jesus is say to you and to me today...

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."
Keep our dear Brother Beacon in prayer.

Beacon

« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2023, 08:07:30 PM »
"If God had made it impossible for you to see the truth...

"your ignorance would involve no guilt."

"But now ye say, "We See.' You believe yourselves able to see, and  yet reject the means through which alone you could receive sight."

"To all who realized their need, Christ came with infinite help.""

"But the Pharisees would confess no need; they refused to come to Christ, and hence they were left in blindness,--a blindness for which they were themselves guilty."

Jesus said, 'Your sin remaineth.'"

Are "WE" willing to confess our need of Jesus!!

=========================

Living for Jesus a life that is true,
Striving to please Him in all that I do;
Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free,
This is the pathway of blessing for me.
    O Jesus, Lord and Savior,
I give myself to Thee,
For Thou, in Thy [redemption],*
Didst give Thyself for me;
I own no other Master,
My heart shall be Thy throne,
My life I give, henceforth to live,
O Christ, for Thee alone.
Living for Jesus who died in my place,
Bearing on Calv’ry my sin and disgrace;
Such love constrains me to answer His call,
Follow His leading and give Him my all.
Living for Jesus wherever I am,
Doing each duty in His holy name;
Willing to suffer affliction and loss,
Deeming each trial a part of my cross.
Living for Jesus through earth’s little while,
My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;
Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,
Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.

Lyrics:Thomas Obediah Chisholm (1866-1960)
Music:Carl Harold Lowden (1883-1963)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2023, 06:14:42 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Let us yield to Jesus, be cleansed from sin, and experience true sight to walk in the light as He is in the light!

"The manifestation of divine power that had given to the blind man both natural and spiritual sight had left the Pharisees in yet deeper darkness. Some of His hearers, feeling that Christ's words applied to them, inquired, 'Are we blind also?' Jesus answered, 'If ye were blind, ye should have no sin.' If God had made it impossible for you to see the truth, your ignorance would involve no guilt. 'But now ye say, We see.' You believe yourselves able to see, and reject the means through which alone you could receive sight. To all who realized their need, Christ came with infinite help. But the Pharisees would confess no need; they refused to come to Christ, and hence they were left in blindness,—a blindness for which they were themselves guilty. Jesus said, 'Your sin remaineth.'" {The Desire of Ages, page 475, paragraph 3} 

As we realize our deep need of His grace, Christ helps us to accept His strength and grace to do His will each day. All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be revealed in the life fully converted to Him in complete, continual surrender to Him! Gladly we can obey God up to the light of His law He has revealed to us as we grow in understanding.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2023, 06:21:35 AM »
Amen my dear brothers! Feeding upon Jesus our  eyes are opened to our great need of grace! There is much we need to see. So very many are given light and do not see.

Abraham learned of God the greatest lesson ever given to mortal. His prayer that he might see Christ before he should die was answered. He saw Christ; he saw all that mortal can see, and live. By making an entire surrender, he was able to understand the vision of Christ, which had been given him. He was shown that in giving His only-begotten Son to save sinners from eternal ruin, God was making a greater and more wonderful sacrifice than ever man could make.
     Abraham's experience answered the question: "Wherewith shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the high God? Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my first-born for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?" Micah 6:6, 7. In the words of Abraham, "My son, God will provide Himself a lamb for a burnt offering," (Genesis 22:8 ), and in God's provision of a sacrifice instead of Isaac, it was declared that no man could make expiation for himself. The pagan system of sacrifice was wholly unacceptable to God. No father was to offer up his son or his daughter for a sin offering. The Son of God alone can bear the guilt of the world.
     Through his own suffering, Abraham was enabled to behold the Saviour's mission of sacrifice. But Israel would not understand that which was so unwelcome to their proud hearts. Christ's words concerning Abraham conveyed to His hearers no deep significance. The Pharisees saw in them only fresh ground for caviling. They retorted with a sneer, as if they would prove Jesus to be a madman, "Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?"
     With solemn dignity Jesus answered, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM."
     Silence fell upon the vast assembly. The name of God, given to Moses to express the idea of the eternal presence, had been claimed as His own by this Galilean Rabbi. He had announced Himself to be the self-existent One, He who had been promised to Israel, "whose goings forth have been from of old, from the days of eternity." Micah 5:2, margin.

Our problem is not in having a shortage of light, but failing to understand simple truth about the character of our God. It would be very good to spend a thoughtful  hour a day contemplating the life of Christ, especially the closing scenes where we see the great sacrifice our heavenly Father made in allowing His Son to suffer for the sins of the whole world. Having stated the truth, let me say that we are told there are three persons in the godhead. We just read that Jesus said "I am." So we know He is one of them. The Holy Spirit is also one of them. What more do we need to know? Then all ought to cease talking about from where and when they came.

Philip T

« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2023, 08:16:02 AM »
    To the Saviour's question, "Dost thou believe on the Son of God?" the blind man replied by asking, "Who is He, Lord, that I might believe on Him?" And Jesus said, "Thou hast both seen Him, and it is He that talketh with thee." The man cast himself at the Saviour's feet in worship. Not only had his natural sight been restored, but the eyes of his understanding had been opened. Christ had been revealed to his soul, and he received Him as the Sent of God.

Jesus not only healed the physical need of this man (sight) he also healed the spiritual need of this man (spiritual sight). How did this man respond with total surrender to Jesus, he fell at his feet and worshipped Him. This should be our choice and response to Jesus and we will be set free.

Beacon

« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2023, 08:27:20 PM »
"To all who realized their need, Christ came with infinite help."

"But the Pharisees would confess no need; they refused to come to Christ, and hence they were left in blindness,--a blindness for which they were themselves guilty. Jesus said, "Your sin remaineth."

"The soul must be emptied of self, that Christ may pour his Spirit into the vacuum. Christ must be chosen as the heavenly guest. The will must be placed on the side of God's will."

Then there is a new heart, and new, holy resolves. It is Jesus enthroned in the soul that makes every action easy in his service."

Today, Jesus is saying to you and to me.....

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

================================
O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.
    Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
  In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conqu’rors we are!
His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well;
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

Lyrics &music :Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2023, 11:28:52 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon!  Jesus is always there to help us. We do not have to fight our battles against evil alone.

Angels of God were also on the ground to strengthen the man who had had his sight restored.

The Pharisees did not realize that they had to deal with any other than the uneducated man who had been born blind; they knew not Him with whom they were in controversy. Divine light shone into the chambers of the blind man's soul. As these hypocrites tried to make him disbelieve, God helped him to show, by the vigor and pointedness of his replies, that he was not to be ensnared. He answered, "I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be His disciples? Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art His disciple; but we are Moses' disciples. We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence He is."
     The Lord Jesus knew the ordeal through which the man was passing, and He gave him grace and utterance, so that he became a witness for Christ. He answered the Pharisees in words that were a cutting rebuke to his questioners. They claimed to be the expositors of Scripture, the religious guides of the nation; and yet here was One performing miracles, and they were confessedly ignorant as to the source of His power, and as to His character and claims. "Why herein is a marvelous thing," said the man, "that ye know not from whence He is, and yet He hath opened mine eyes. Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshiper of God, and doeth His will, him He heareth. Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind. If this Man were not of God, He could do nothing."
     The man had met his inquisitors on their own ground. His reasoning was unanswerable. The Pharisees were astonished, and they held their peace,--spellbound before his pointed, determined words. For a few moments there was silence. Then the frowning priests and rabbis gathered about them their robes, as though they feared contamination from contact with him; they shook off the dust from their feet, and hurled denunciations against him,--"Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us?" And they excommunicated him

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2023, 04:16:49 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

Our greatest need is to be set free from sin and restored to the image of God. And Christ makes this possible by the Holy Spirit to all who desire that freedom and are wiling to ask for His power to give strength to confess and forsake sin and be cleansed from its defilement. In place of the old sinful heart of unbelief (Jeremiah 17:9), Christ gives a new heart (Ezekiel 36:26) and imparts His very life into the soul by the Holy Spirit, bringing all of the fruits of His divine attributes of character (Galatians 5:22-23) without one missing! Then obedience to all of God's commandments that was before an impossibility in an unconverted state becomes the highest delight of the one born again by the word of God, and His word endures forever!

"In the work of redemption there is no compulsion. No external force is employed. Under the influence of the Spirit of God, man is left free to choose whom he will serve. In the change that takes place when the soul surrenders to Christ, there is the highest sense of freedom. The expulsion of sin is the act of the soul itself. True, we have no power to free ourselves from Satan's control; but when we desire to be set free from sin, and in our great need cry out for a power out of and above ourselves, the powers of the soul are imbued with the divine energy of the Holy Spirit, and they obey the dictates of the will in fulfilling the will of God." {The Desire of Ages, page 466, paragraph 4}

As we respond to the light of Christ shining upon our souls, it is imperative that we realize our CONTINUAL need of Jesus to do any good thing. It is not enough to be converted at one point in our experience. We need a daily baptism of the Holy Spirit and a continual willingness to do the will of God. As long as we are abiding in Christ, we will be enabled to do His will from the new heart because we are partakers of the divine nature (2 Peter 1:4). Such a living witness invites others to come and experience the freedom that can only be known from walking in the light of true obedience, growing in grace and strength as we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus and resist sin in a life of joyful service to bless the Lord and others!

Dorine

« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2023, 05:38:30 AM »
"The fact that although they could find no sin in Christ the Jews would not receive Him proved that they themselves had no connection with God. They did not recognize His voice in the message of His Son. They thought themselves passing judgment on Christ; but in rejecting Him they were pronouncing sentence upon themselves. "He that is of God," said Jesus, "heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God."     

The lesson is true for all time. Many a man who delights to quibble, to criticize, seeking for something to question in the word of God, thinks that he is thereby giving evidence of independence of thought, and mental acuteness. He supposes that he is sitting in judgment on the Bible, when in truth he is judging himself."

Very strong words to those who think they are following God yet do the acts of Satan. Jesus wants to deliver us from the curse of sin and it's attributes. As we study the life of Jesus we learn to love as He loves. We may have to speak words of reproof at times but it will always be in love. That doesn't come naturally to us. Only by following Christ as we have the privilege to do can we learn what it means to live in this world yet not be a part of it.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2024, 08:04:48 PM »
"Divine light shone into the chambers of the blind man's soul. As these hypocrites tried to make him disbelieve."

"God helped him to show, by the vigor and pointedness of his replies, that he was not to be ensnared. He answered, "I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be His disciples?"

"Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art His disciple; but we are Moses' disciples. We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence He is."

"The Lord Jesus knew the ordeal through which the man was passing, and He gave him grace and utterance, so that he became a witness for Christ."

"He answered the Pharisees in words that were a cutting rebuke to his questioners."

"They claimed to be the expositors of Scripture, the religious guides of the nation; and yet here was One performing miracles, and they were confessedly ignorant as to the source of His power, and as to His character and claims."

" Why herein is a marvelous thing," said the man, "that ye know not from whence He is, and yet He hath opened mine eyes. Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshiper of God, and doeth His will, him He heareth."

" Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.

"If this Man were not of God, He could do nothing.""The man had met his inquisitors on their own ground. His reasoning was unanswerable.

"The Pharisees were astonished, and they held their peace,--spellbound before his pointed, determined words."

"For a few moments there was silence."

"Then the frowning priests and rabbis gathered about them their robes, as though they feared contamination from contact with him; they shook off the dust from their feet, and hurled denunciations against him,--"Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us?" And they excommunicated him
>"

The Actions & Words of the Priests and Rabbis showed that they had No True Connection of Jesus. What do people hear and see when they mingle with us?? May God grant us wisdom and tact with" ALL" we come in contact with us so that they will want toknow more about see Jesus.

================================
More about Jesus would I know,
More of His grace to others show;
More of His saving fulness see,
More of His love who died for me.
    More, more about Jesus,
More, more about Jesus;
More of His saving fulness see,
  More of His love who died for me.
More about Jesus let me learn,
More of His holy will discern;
Spirit of God my teacher be,
Showing the things of Christ to me.
More about Jesus; in His Word,
Holding communion with my Lord;
Hearing His voice in every line,
Making each faithful saying mine.
More about Jesus; on His throne,
Riches in glory all His own;
More of His kingdom’s sure increase;
More of His coming, Prince of Peace.

Lyrics:Eliza Edmunds Hewitt (1851-1920)
Music:John Robson Sweney (1837-1899)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2024, 02:01:24 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

What would it be like to look upon the face of Jesus for the first time? In the case of the blind man whose eyes Jesus fully healed, we can reflect on how wonderful a countenance He beheld! By faith, we also can look upon the loveliness of the countenance of Jesus, looking forward to the day when we will see Him face to face if we keep surrendering to His will and letting the Holy Spirit direct our lives heavenward!

"For the first time the blind man looked upon the face of his Restorer. Before the council he had seen his parents troubled and perplexed; he had looked upon the frowning faces of the rabbis; now his eyes rested upon the loving, peaceful countenance of Jesus. Already, at great cost to himself, he had acknowledged Him as a delegate of divine power; now a higher revelation was granted him." {The Desire of Ages, page 474, paragraph 5}

God has more light and truth for us if we will walk in it. This restored man was open to truth, grateful for what Jesus had done in restoring His sight. So Jesus loves to restore our spiritual sight so we can discern the truth as it is in Him and walk in true conversion whereby all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing are manifest in the life! If we are willing to be made willing, true obedience from the heart will be our highest delight!

Dorine

« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2024, 05:07:31 AM »
In the work of redemption there is no compulsion. No external force is employed. Under the influence of the Spirit of God, man is left free to choose whom he will serve. In the change that takes place when the soul surrenders to Christ, there is the highest sense of freedom. The expulsion of sin is the act of the soul itself. True, we have no power to free ourselves from Satan's control; but when we desire to be set free from sin, and in our great need cry out for a power out of and above ourselves, the powers of the soul are imbued with the divine energy of the Holy Spirit, and they obey the dictates of the will in fulfilling the will of God.    

The only condition upon which the freedom of man is possible is that of becoming one with Christ. "The truth shall make you free;" and Christ is the truth. Sin can triumph only by enfeebling the mind, and destroying the liberty of the soul. Subjection to God is restoration to one's self,--to the true glory and dignity of man. The divine law, to which we are brought into subjection, is "the law of liberty." James 2:12.

So clear so precise that no one should misunderstand. There is no excuse for sin. A way of escape has been opened up for us through the life and death of our dear Saviour Jesus. The soul that submits to Christ lives in a heavenly atmosphere that is foreign to the world. Like the blind man we too will say, once I was blind but now I see and by His grace I will serve Him all the days of my life.

Philip T

« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2024, 05:56:09 AM »
    To the Saviour's question, "Dost thou believe on the Son of God?" the blind man replied by asking, "Who is He, Lord, that I might believe on Him?" And Jesus said, "Thou hast both seen Him, and it is He that talketh with thee." The man cast himself at the Saviour's feet in worship. Not only had his natural sight been restored, but the eyes of his understanding had been opened. Christ had been revealed to his soul, and he received Him as the Sent of God.

Through faith in Jesus we are saved, this paragraph makes the clear, the blind man answered honestly, he was seeking Jesus, he had faith in that he stated "Who is He, Lord, that I might believe (have faith) on Him. Once this question was answered he fell down and worshiped Jesus. He was physically healed, spiritually healed at the same time. May this be our experience with Jesus as well, accepting him by faith as our savior and redeemer.