Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--51--The Light of Life  (Read 9000 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--51--The Light of Life
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2020, 04:24:09 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Happy Sabbath! May you find the true help in Jesus--there is no limit to what He can do! He can take our sinful, weak, broken lives and as we behold Him in His infinite loveliness, transform our characters as we surrender fully to Him by giving us a new heart and a new mind--filled with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing!

"The manifestation of divine power that had given to the blind man both natural and spiritual sight had left the Pharisees in yet deeper darkness. Some of His hearers, feeling that Christ's words applied to them, inquired, 'Are we blind also?' Jesus answered, 'If ye were blind, ye should have no sin.' If God had made it impossible for you to see the truth, your ignorance would involve no guilt. 'But now ye say, We see.' You believe yourselves able to see, and reject the means through which alone you could receive sight. To all who realized their need, Christ came with infinite help. But the Pharisees would confess no need; they refused to come to Christ, and hence they were left in blindness,--a blindness for which they were themselves guilty. Jesus said, 'Your sin remaineth.'" {The Desire of Ages, page 475, paragraph 3}

If we will but acknowledge our need, Jesus offers us His infinite help. Let us cleave to Him this Sabbath and abide in the light of His word, letting it guide all we say and do!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2020, 06:16:39 AM »
"To the Saviour's question, "Dost thou believe on the Son of God?" the blind man replied by asking, "Who is He, Lord, that I might believe on Him?" And Jesus said, "Thou hast both seen Him, and it is He that talketh with thee." The man cast himself at the Saviour's feet in worship. Not only had his natural sight been restored, but the eyes of his understanding had been opened. Christ had been revealed to his soul, and he received Him as the Sent of God."

What Christ did for this man He longed to do for the Jewish leaders. They needed their spiritual sight restored but the hardness of their hearts prevented Jesus from healing them. We see the same conditions today. Jesus has not changed. He is working on the hearts of mankind to bring them into a saving relationship with Him. When we accept Him as Lord and Saviour we are in a position for Jesus to use us to bring souls to Him. We will have a testimony unique just to us that will touch the hearts of those who are searching for truth. I don't know who they are but God does and He will bring us into contact with them in His timing. I love the peaceful calm that comes with knowing Christ. Even when everything around us seems to be falling apart or out of control we will not despair for we know in Whom we believe and trust.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2020, 07:31:20 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon, Pastor Sean, and Sister Dorine! Jesus loves us! Again, in today's reading we find help in understanding the power of grace to transform sinners into saints.

Every soul that refuses to give himself to God is under the control of another power. He is not his own. He may talk of freedom, but he is in the most abject slavery. He is not allowed to see the beauty of truth, for his mind is under the control of Satan. While he flatters himself that he is following the dictates of his own judgment, he obeys the will of the prince of darkness. Christ came to break the shackles of sin-slavery from the soul. "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." "The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus" sets us "free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:2.

In Christ Jesus we are set free from that which controls all who do not give their whole heart to Christ. Romans seven reveals that even if we want to keep the law as did Saul, we cannot for we are captive to the law of sin and death. In Christ we are set free from that control!! Praise our God!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2020, 02:20:24 AM »
Are you blind? We are all "born blind" in the sense that by our fallen nature, sin has blinded our comprehension of God's true character. But thankfully, Christ does not leave us to our blindness and has come into our world to bring light to those who sit in darkness! He does not just send the Holy Spirit to give light to us, but He invites us to let the light of His love shine through hearts that we yield fully to Him! "Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and His glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising" (Isaiah 60:1-3). As Christ the true light enters into our hearts, He dispels the darkness of unbelief, fear and error and replaces the old sinful heart with a new heart imbued with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! That is a miracle more amazing than Jesus' healing of the blind man in John 9! You and I can experience this miracle NOW by beholding Jesus and surrendering to Him our will, so we may walk in His freedom of true, affectionate obedience to the will of our Father in heaven who loved us so much that He sent Jesus to die for our sins!! Let us praise God forever and ever!!!

"The manifestation of divine power that had given to the blind man both natural and spiritual sight had left the Pharisees in yet deeper darkness. Some of His hearers, feeling that Christ's words applied to them, inquired, 'Are we blind also?' Jesus answered, 'If ye were blind, ye should have no sin.' If God had made it impossible for you to see the truth, your ignorance would involve no guilt. 'But now ye say, We see.' You believe yourselves able to see, and reject the means through which alone you could receive sight. To all who realized their need, Christ came with infinite help. But the Pharisees would confess no need; they refused to come to Christ, and hence they were left in blindness,--a blindness for which they were themselves guilty. Jesus said, 'Your sin remaineth.'" {The Desire of Ages, page 475, paragraph 3}

Let us not have our sins remain unconfessed! Let us not act like we can see truth without surrendering fully to Truth--that is, Jesus!! Let us remember that though sin separates us from God, Jesus became sin for us so we could be connected to God again by experiencing His grace in a saving faith of union and communion with God by the Holy Spirit!! There is simply no limit to what God can do with a life that is surrendered unreservedly to Him! I pray that you will join me today in letting God guide EVERYTHING you do as He enlightens the path that is best for your life to fulfill His infinite plan and purpose!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2020, 06:26:57 AM »
"In the work of redemption there is no compulsion. No external force is employed. Under the influence of the Spirit of God, man is left free to choose whom he will serve. In the change that takes place when the soul surrenders to Christ, there is the highest sense of freedom. The expulsion of sin is the act of the soul itself. True, we have no power to free ourselves from Satan's control; but when we desire to be set free from sin, and in our great need cry out for a power out of and above ourselves, the powers of the soul are imbued with the divine energy of the Holy Spirit, and they obey the dictates of the will in fulfilling the will of God."

It's interesting yet sad to hear someone say that since they have left 'religion' or 'see things differently now' they have enjoyed total freedom of mind. Well that might be true to a degree when we fight against truth. It becomes a relief to let go of the things we hate. But that freedom feeling will not last. Satan has people deceived into thinking they have true freedom when they do as they please but all he offers is momentary fun, excitement, and apparent power while binding us up so tightly in his web that we are incapable of anything but following his direction.

Jesus came to break those bindings and set people free. As I write this I am overwhelmed with the price Jesus paid to set me free. Even when I was not walking with Him He was providing for my daily needs waiting patiently and lovingly for me to respond to Him so that He may finish the work He has planned for my life.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2020, 06:29:30 AM »
 "To all who realized their need, Christ came with infinite help. But the Pharisees would confess no need; they refused to come to Christ, and hence they were left in blindness,--a blindness for which they were themselves guilty. Jesus said, 'Your sin remaineth.'"

Isn't that quotation  powerful? The Bible teaches that just before the return of Jesus to take His followers home there is a review of our life's record as recorded in the Heavenly Sanctuary above. Each case is decided " For or Against " life eternal based on whether or not we were honest enough to confess our need of the Cleansing Blood of Jesus - To ask for and receive forgiveness - and live our life on earth as an Ambassador for Jesus.

In the book of Revelation we find these very serious soul searching words:  Revelation 22:11 "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."

"The Eternal Destiny of Each Person"  who has ever lived on planet earth will be decided just before Jesus comes the second time.It is refered to as the "Cleansing of the Sanctuary" and the Big Question for today is....Have You - Have I confessed our sins - When our life record is examined - Will it show that their is No Unconfessed Sin on our Heavenly Record. It's not too late. The door of mercy and grace is still open but there does come a time when it will forever close and it will be to late. Who's side will we choose to be on?

1John 1:9 says,, If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Look up and listen for the shout.