Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--40--A Night on the Lake  (Read 17631 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--40--A Night on the Lake
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2020, 08:01:38 AM »
"It was painful to Jesus that their ( His Disciples ) conceptions of His kingdom were, to so great a degree, limited to worldly aggrandizement and honor. For them the burden was heavy upon His heart, and He poured out His supplications with bitter agony and tears."

"Those who fail to realize their constant dependence upon God will be overcome by temptation. We may now suppose that our feet stand secure, and that we shall never be moved. We may say with confidence, "I know in whom I have believed; and by His grace nothing can shake my faith in God and in His word." But Satan is planning to take advantage of our hereditary and cultivated traits of character, and to blind our eyes to our own necessities and defects. Only through realizing our own weakness and looking steadfastly unto Jesus can we walk securely."

Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.
Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
But Christ that lives in me.

Not I, but Christ to gently soothe in sorrow,
Not I, but Christ to wipe the falling tear;
Not I, but Christ to lift the weary burden,
Not I, but Christ to hush away all fear.
Christ, only Christ, no idle word e’er falling,
Christ, only Christ, no needless bustling sound;
Christ, only Christ, no self-important bearing,
Christ, only Christ, no trace of I be found.
Not I, but Christ my every need supplying,
Not I, but Christ my strength and health to be;
Christ, only Christ, for spirit, soul, and body,
Christ, only Christ, live then Thy life in me.

Today let us make renewed commitment to make our Saviour, Jesus Christ,  That He may be First and Last in all our thoughts and actions. 

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2020, 10:23:08 AM »
Jesus knows our characters better than we know ourselves. He sees where we need to grow and the areas where we tend to think "I can do this" rather than to realize, "I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13). Will we learn the lesson that Peter's experience on the sea can teach us? Will we not for a moment think that we can live a life of Christian purity and consistency without constant union and communion with Christ? Oh, let us look away from self to Jesus and walk securely as in utter self-distrust we surrender all we have and are to Christ!!

May the whole experience with Covid-19 teach us to trust to Christ for our health and protection, and how quickly events in our world can change.

And may the tragic events surrounding the murder of George Floyd teach us that true justice and mercy is not consistently experienced by people in our world, and that we need to cry out to God Him to help guide all to act in harmony with true justice and faithfulness. May we realize that great changes are soon to take place in our world and that we need to learn to treat everyone now with the compassion of Christ and not think that we can do so without Jesus in our hearts. Even our "enemies" who may try to kill us are those we should pray for and show the greatest love, Jesus Himself modeling this at Calvary when He prayed, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34).

May this forgiving love of Christ flow through your heart today as we seek to do our part to be lights in a dark, stormy world needing each person to experience the power of grace that leads to conversion in a new heart and a new mind filled with all the fruits of the Spirit without one missing, thus being in readiness for the soon coming of Jesus--for this is our troubled world's only ULTIMATE solution!

"Jesus read the character of His disciples. He knew how sorely their faith was to be tried. In this incident on the sea He desired to reveal to Peter his own weakness,--to show that his safety was in constant dependence upon divine power. Amid the storms of temptation he could walk safely only as in utter self-distrust he should rely upon the Saviour. It was on the point where he thought himself strong that Peter was weak; and not until he discerned his weakness could he realize his need of dependence upon Christ. Had he learned the lesson that Jesus sought to teach him in that experience on the sea, he would not have failed when the great test came upon him." {The Desire of Ages, page 382, paragraph 2}

Jesus does not want us to come up to the time of trouble to fall flat on our face in fear, unbelief, and discouragement. He wants us to learn here in the daily experiences He is offering us to depend on Him for the vital union and communion that alone can give us the wisdom to know how to walk securely in the storms of life as we look upon Jesus and let the Holy Spirit transform us from glory to glory, from character to character, to become ever more like our Savior!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2020, 06:10:54 AM »
Let us not forget our continual need of Jesus today to do any good thing. When the whole heart is yielded to Him, He brings forth all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing!

"Those who fail to realize their constant dependence upon God will be overcome by temptation. We may now suppose that our feet stand secure, and that we shall never be moved. We may say with confidence, 'I know in whom I have believed; nothing can shake my faith in God and in His word.' But Satan is planning to take advantage of our hereditary and cultivated traits of character, and to blind our eyes to our own necessities and defects. Only through realizing our own weakness and looking steadfastly unto Jesus can we walk securely." {The Desire of Ages, page 382, paragraph 4}

Jesus knows the best way to lead us today. Let us walk by faith abiding in Him so He may bring forth the peace of His presence--a peace that passes all understanding--even in the midst of the greatest storms of life!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2020, 07:06:11 AM »
"Day by day God instructs His children. By the circumstances of the daily life He is preparing them to act their part upon that wider stage to which His providence has appointed them. It is the issue of the daily test that determines their victory or defeat in life's great crisis. Those who fail to realize their constant dependence upon God will be overcome by temptation....

Only through realizing our own weakness and looking steadfastly unto Jesus can we walk securely...

It is the issue of the daily test that determines their victory or defeat in life's great crisis."

"Jesus had not forgotten them. The Watcher on the shore saw those fear-stricken men battling with the tempest. Not for a moment did He lose sight of His disciples. With deepest solicitude His eyes followed the storm-tossed boat with its precious burden; for these men were to be the light of the world.. As a mother in tender love watches her child, so the compassionate Master watched His disciples. When their hearts were subdued, their unholy ambition quelled, and in humility they prayed for help, it was given them.
[/u]
The words of this song Day by Day again spoke to my heart this morning and I hope they do for you to.

Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment,
I’ve no cause for worry or for fear.
He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.
Every day the Lord Himself is near me,
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counsellor and Pow’r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
“As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,”
This the pledge to me He made.
Help me then, in every tribulation,
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith’s sweet consolation,
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E’er to take, as from a father’s hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till with Christ the Lord I stand.

Dorine

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2020, 09:34:06 AM »
"Jesus read the character of His disciples. He knew how sorely their faith was to be tried. In this incident on the sea He desired to reveal to Peter his own weakness,--to show that his safety was in constant dependence upon divine power. Amid the storms of temptation he could walk safely only as in utter self-distrust he should rely upon the Saviour. It was on the point where he thought himself strong that Peter was weak; and not until he discerned his weakness could he realize his need of dependence upon Christ. Had he learned the lesson that Jesus sought to teach him in that experience on the sea, he would not have failed when the great test came upon him."

How I praise God for His marvelous grace. His love for us is so great that He allows storms of difficulty and trials to help us see our own weaknesses. He is preparing us to face the greatest tests we have ever faced. If we could see behind the scenes we would see the raging battle that is taking place to save each one that comes to Jesus. Satan rules by hate but Jesus seeks and woos by love.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Dorine

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2020, 05:55:38 AM »
"When trouble comes upon us, how often we are like Peter! We look upon the waves, instead of keeping our eyes fixed upon the Saviour. Our footsteps slide, and the proud waters go over our souls. Jesus did not bid Peter come to Him that he should perish; He does not call us to follow Him, and then forsake us. "Fear not," He says; "for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art Mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour." Isaiah 43:1-3.

If your faith is weak today this should bring courage to your heart. Our victory and safety is in Jesus so let's keep our eyes on Him. Even when we do fall He will hear our earnest cry for help and instantly reach down and pull us to safety once again.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2020, 06:14:10 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine!

You are going to be tempted today. It is a given. But God has also promised that you need NEVER yield to that temptation and sin. "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it" (1 Corinthians 10:13). Let us learn our continual need of Jesus! When we are abiding in Him and fully surrendered to Him, He fills our hearts with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing so that we may affectionately obey God's law of love--the Ten Commandments!

"Those who fail to realize their constant dependence upon God will be overcome by temptation. We may now suppose that our feet stand secure, and that we shall never be moved. We may say with confidence, 'I know in whom I have believed; nothing can shake my faith in God and in His word.' But Satan is planning to take advantage of our hereditary and cultivated traits of character, and to blind our eyes to our own necessities and defects. Only through realizing our own weakness and looking steadfastly unto Jesus can we walk securely." {The Desire of Ages, page 382, paragraph 4} 

Let us walk with Jesus today like Enoch. Let us learn from Peter's experience of falling when he took his eyes off Jesus that unless our eyes are fixed on Him, we cannot have a victorious Christian experience. Only in and through Christ may our lives be strong, and useful to be a true blessing to others for the glory of God!

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2020, 06:55:14 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean, God measures a trial for us each day that we might have opportunity to give glory to Him.

Those who fail to realize their constant dependence upon God will be overcome by temptation. We may now suppose that our feet stand secure, and that we shall never be moved. We may say with confidence, "I know in whom I have believed; nothing can shake my faith in God and in His word." But Satan is planning to take advantage of our hereditary and cultivated traits of character, and to blind our eyes to our own necessities and defects. Only through realizing our own weakness and looking steadfastly unto Jesus can we walk securely. 

Is it not amazing that God is bringing us into unity of doctrine. There is much we can comment on in this chapter, but God wants us to know He is guiding our minds to bring us into unity of understanding of His Word.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2020, 07:28:26 AM »
"Day by day God instructs His children. By the circumstances of the daily life He is preparing them to act their part upon that wider stage to which His providence has appointed them..

[size=14ptIt is the issue of the daily test that determines their victory or defeat in life's great crisis.

Those who fail to realize their constant dependence upon God will be overcome by temptation....Only through realizing our own weakness and looking steadfastly unto Jesus can we walk securely.

It is the issue of the daily test that determines their victory or defeat in life's great crisis."[/b][/font]

[/u][/size]

"Jesus had not forgotten them. The Watcher on the shore saw those fear-stricken men battling with the tempest. Not for a moment did He lose sight of His disciples. With deepest solicitude His eyes followed the storm-tossed boat with its precious burden; for these men were to be the light of the world.. As a mother in tender love watches her child, so the compassionate Master watched His disciples. When their hearts were subdued, their unholy ambition quelled, and in humility they prayed for help, it was given them[/u]"[/b][/font][/color]

The words of this song Day by Day spoke to my heart this morning...

The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
“As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,”
This the pledge to me He made.
Help me then, in every tribulation,
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith’s sweet consolation,
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E’er to take, as from a father’s hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till with Christ the Lord I stand.

Beacon

« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2021, 05:38:34 AM »
"The disciples had that day witnessed the wonderful works of Christ. It had seemed that heaven had come down to the earth. The memory of that precious, glorious day should have filled them with faith and hope. Had they, out of the abundance of their hearts, been conversing together in regard to these things, they would not have entered into temptation..

..But their disappointment had absorbed their thoughts. The words of Christ, "Gather up the fragments, . . . that nothing be lost," were unheeded. Those were hours of large blessing to the disciples, but they had forgotten it all..

..They were in the midst of troubled waters. Their thoughts were stormy and unreasonable, and the Lord gave them something else to afflict their souls and occupy their minds. God often does this when men create burdens and troubles for themselves. The disciples had no need to make trouble. Already danger was fast approaching."

How often have we been guilty of the same type of behavior!! We tend to focus on the Problem instead of the Power of the Lamb. Today I would remind myself and all of you that we need to daily " Turn our Eyes Upon Jesus - Look full in His Wonder Face and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His Glory and Grace.

Dorine

« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2021, 06:32:02 AM »
"Day by day God instructs His children. By the circumstances of the daily life He is preparing them to act their part upon that wider stage to which His providence has appointed them. It is the issue of the daily test that determines their victory or defeat in life's great crisis."
When we come to the end of each day and review the choices we have made, do we see victories over old habits and attitudes or have we fallen over and over because we kept taking our eyes off Jesus. I'm so thankful for each new day because that is all that is given me. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is unknown. If we take the day moment by moment looking unto Jesus we will not fall. But if we do fall, praise God we still have a mediator that forgives and transforms. So many hearts are weary and burdened with guilt from the sins of yesterday and worried sick about tomorrow. What a horrible state the devil loves to keep souls in. Jesus is not harsh or pointing His finger at us. His heart yearns for us to come to Him just as we are with all our life long bad habits, weaknesses and sins. He then is able to do for us what is impossible for us to do for ourselves in cleansing us and transforming us into His character. Why would anyone put off receiving such a gift of true freedom?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2021, 06:38:52 AM »
Amen dear sister!  Love, joy, and peace today and every day that we keep our eyes upon Jesus. Poor Peter, did not learn the lesson of His continual need of Jesus in order to resist the smallest temptation.

Jesus read the character of His disciples. He knew how sorely their faith was to be tried. In this incident on the sea He desired to reveal to Peter his own weakness,--to show that his safety was in constant dependence upon divine power. Amid the storms of temptation he could walk safely only as in utter self-distrust he should rely upon the Saviour. It was on the point where he thought himself strong that Peter was weak; and not until he discerned his weakness could he realize his need of dependence upon Christ. Had he learned the lesson that Jesus sought to teach him in that experience on the sea, he would not have failed when the great test came upon him. 

Amen! It is such a blessing to come here day after day and see that the lesson Peter had not learned is understood. If we allow our minds to wander away from Jesus, we end up in the water as did Peter. When we learn the lesson, we shall be able to stand in the day of great trial which is soon to break upon us. Each day we are being strengthened as long as we abide in Christ and He in us.

As Brother Beacon has pointed out, we need to daily keep our eyes upon Jesus. Satan had distracted the disciples and had them thinking of the great life when they got Jesus sitting on an earthly throne. Instead of understanding the blessings God had given them, they were creating trouble for themselves.

"The disciples had that day witnessed the wonderful works of Christ. It had seemed that heaven had come down to the earth. The memory of that precious, glorious day should have filled them with faith and hope. Had they, out of the abundance of their hearts, been conversing together in regard to these things, they would not have entered into temptation..

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Philip T

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2021, 07:22:28 AM »
Those who fail to realize their constant dependence upon God will be overcome by temptation. We may now suppose that our feet stand secure, and that we shall never be moved. We may say with confidence, "I know in whom I have believed; nothing can shake my faith in God and in His word." But Satan is planning to take advantage of our hereditary and cultivated traits of character, and to blind our eyes to our own necessities and defects. Only through realizing our own weakness and looking steadfastly unto Jesus can we walk securely[/b]

The only way to victory over sin is Jesus, When we become puffed up or full or ourselves, thinking we have achieved, We have taken our eyes off of Jesus, and in that moment Satan strikes at our weakness and we fall. Our only hope is to stay focused upon Jesus, then we can walk safely from Satan that great deceiver, who walks this earth seeking whom he may destroy.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2021, 08:02:13 AM »
Amen Brother Philip! Then God will have a church that reflects His character amid the darkness that is overspreading this world!! Lord help us today to die to self and stay connected to you!!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2021, 08:43:02 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, Brother Richard, and Brother Philip!

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ sustain us so that we let Him keep us from falling into sin as we fix our eyes upon His loveliness! Well would it be to spend a thoughtful hour each day contemplating the life of Christ, point by point, especially the closing scenes relating to Gethsemane and Calvary! What love God has lavished upon our poor, frail human race in sending Jesus! Then, when we face trouble in our lives, the Holy Spirit can help us remember how great a struggle Jesus passed through, and He can keep our souls abiding in His perfect peace accompanied by all of the other fruits of the Spirit without one missing!

"When trouble comes upon us, how often we are like Peter! We look upon the waves, instead of keeping our eyes fixed upon the Saviour. Our footsteps slide, and the proud waters go over our souls. Jesus did not bid Peter come to Him that he should perish; He does not call us to follow Him, and then forsake us. 'Fear not,' He says; 'for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art Mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.' Isaiah 43:1-3." {The Desire of Ages, page 382, paragraph 1} 

We have the privilege of serving a God who knows the future. There is nothing hidden from Him. Whatever trials He allows today, let us accept them graciously and learn more deeply of our continual need of Jesus. Our Savior Himself suffered and learned obedience, preparing Him for the greater trials that befell Him in Gethsemane and at Calvary. Because He never separated from His Father, when the sin of the whole world was crushing out His life and bringing Him through extreme mental agony, He still by faith trusted the Father and in submission to His will gained the victory, exclaiming by faith (not feeling), "It is finished" (John 19:30). May we learn to depend upon God's word and not on our feelings so that when the time of trouble comes just before Jesus returns in power and great glory, our lives will be found abiding in Jesus even though our mental anguish may be immense. May you choose to abide in Christ today, for He can prepare us for what is coming!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2021, 04:50:35 AM »
You are like an open book. Jesus reads your character and knows just what lessons are needful that you may understand your weakness and continual need of Him to do any good thing. When we truly realize and believe the loveliness of Jesus' character and trust Him completely by having our eyes of faith fixed upon Him, no matter what storm He allows, we can walk securely in the plain path of love and duty that will help us be prepared for greater trial as we approach the soon coming of Jesus! Such a character experience of continual union and communion with Christ in full-heart surrender means all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest through our lives without one missing as we grow more like our Savior continually in true affectionate obedience to His law of love!

"Jesus read the character of His disciples. He knew how sorely their faith was to be tried. In this incident on the sea He desired to reveal to Peter his own weakness,--to show that his safety was in constant dependence upon divine power. Amid the storms of temptation he could walk safely only as in utter self-distrust he should rely upon the Saviour. It was on the point where he thought himself strong that Peter was weak; and not until he discerned his weakness could he realize his need of dependence upon Christ. Had he learned the lesson that Jesus sought to teach him in that experience on the sea, he would not have failed when the great test came upon him." {The Desire of Ages, page 382, paragraph 2}

May we not seek to find strength in self, but in Christ. He is our sufficiency, and His promise is sure to the weakest soul who takes hold of His grace by faith: "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it" (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Dorine

« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2021, 05:41:31 AM »
"Those who fail to realize their constant dependence upon God will be overcome by temptation. We may now suppose that our feet stand secure, and that we shall never be moved. We may say with confidence, "I know in whom I have believed; nothing can shake my faith in God and in His word." But Satan is planning to take advantage of our hereditary and cultivated traits of character, and to blind our eyes to our own necessities and defects. Only through realizing our own weakness and looking steadfastly unto Jesus can we walk securely."

I have learned the hard way that when I  think I am too strong, too enlightened, too wise to ever fall I am about to take a terrible and humiliating tumble. The story of Peter shows us that in ourselves we are hopeless, helpless people. The disciples who allowed dissatisfaction to dominate their feelings and conversation show us what happens when we take our eyes off Jesus. Honor was so important to them but they were seeking it from the wrong place. What greater honor could we receive than to view the cross and realize what Jesus went through for you and me. May our hearts be ever humble and hungry for the righteousness of Christ. The world will never find Him in us until we have received Him ourselves.

Philip T

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2021, 05:45:36 AM »
   When trouble comes upon us, how often we are like Peter! We look upon the waves, instead of keeping our eyes fixed upon the Saviour. Our footsteps slide, and the proud waters go over our souls. Jesus did not bid Peter come to Him that he should perish; He does not call us to follow Him, and then forsake us. "Fear not," He says; "for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art Mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour." Isaiah 43:1-3.   [/b]

As long as we keep our eye on Jesus, we are safe, when he take our eyes of Jesus and focus on the things on this world, we like Peter sink in the waves of sin. Jesus calls us for a purpose, he will not take his love and care from us while we focus on him and work to complete the purpose he has for us to accomplish.  We need to learn to keep our eye focused upon Jesus and Jesus alone.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2021, 06:20:29 AM »
Amen dear friends!!  God had taught them of their continual need of Jesus. It is such a blessing to be in unity of faith and doctrine with my friends!

A violent tempest had been stealing upon them, and they were unprepared for it. It was a sudden contrast, for the day had been perfect; and when the gale struck them, they were afraid. They forgot their disaffection, their unbelief, their impatience. Everyone worked to keep the boat from sinking. It was but a short distance by sea from Bethsaida to the point where they expected to meet Jesus, and in ordinary weather the journey required but a few hours; but now they were driven farther and farther from the point they sought. Until the fourth watch of the night they toiled at the oars. Then the weary men gave themselves up for lost. In storm and darkness the sea had taught them their own helplessness, and they longed for the presence of their Master.   

Yes it was the sea that taught them, but we understand that it was God who had guided the sea. So it is today. God will teach us in one way or the other that we need Him continually to be safe from all that comes to us. What a God we serve!!

Beacon

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2021, 06:30:43 AM »
"Day by day God instructs His children. By the circumstances of the daily life He is preparing them to act their part upon that wider stage to which His providence has appointed them."

"It is the issue of the daily test that determines their victory or defeat in life's great crisis."

"Those who fail to realize their constant dependence upon God will be overcome by temptation....Only through realizing our own weakness and looking steadfastly unto Jesus can we walk securely."

"Jesus had not forgotten them. The Watcher on the shore saw those fear-stricken men battling with the tempest. Not for a moment did He lose sight of His disciples. With deepest solicitude His eyes followed the storm-tossed boat with its precious burden; for these men were to be the light of the world.. As a mother in tender love watches her child, so the compassionate Master watched His disciples. When their hearts were subdued, their unholy ambition quelled, and in humility they prayed for help, it was given them."

The words of this song Day by Day spoke to my heart this morning...