Author Topic: A Verse for Today  (Read 2212 times)

Glen McCluskey

Re: A Verse for Today
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2023, 11:13:45 AM »
Those who reject the truth of the Bible do it under a pretense of loving Jesus.  Those who love Jesus will reveal that love by being obedient children.  They will be doers of the Word and not hearers only.  They will not be continually pleading, "All that we have to do is to believe in Jesus."  This is true in the fullest sense, but they do not comprehend, they do not take it in its fullest sense.  To believe in Jesus is to take Him as your Redeemer, as your Pattern.  All who love Jesus must follow His example.  They must connect themselves with Jesus as closely as the branch is connected with the living vine.  They are abiding in Jesus and Jesus is abiding in them and they are doers of His Word, partakers of His divine nature.  {TDG 299.4} 

rahab

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2023, 05:56:46 PM »
So true…

And AMEN!!

Joshua 1:6

Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.

rahab

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2023, 06:01:52 AM »

For a few weeks past I have had a deep sense of the promises of God and the hope of the Christian. The Bible never seemed to me so full of rich gems of promises as within the last few weeks. It seems that the dews of heaven are ready to fall upon us and refresh us, if we will only take the promises to ourselves. We can never overcome our own natural tendencies without the help of Heaven, and the precious Jesus places Himself right by our side to help us in this work.. 4LtMs, Ms 5, 1886, par. 5

rahab

« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2023, 03:31:31 PM »
(N). Psalm 28:7

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Glen McCluskey

« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2023, 02:56:01 AM »
Those who claim that it was not possible for Christ to sin, cannot believe that He took upon Him human nature.  Christ was actually tempted, not only in the wilderness, but all through his life.  In all points He was tempted as we are, and because He successfully resisted temptation in every form, He gave us a perfect example.  Through the ample provisions made in our behalf, we may become partakers of the divine nature, and escape the corruption that is in the world through lust.  Jesus says, "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."  This, the beginning of our confidence, we must hold steadfastly unto the end.  Jesus can enable us to resist Satan's temptations; for He came to bring divine power to combine with human effort.  {BEcho, November 1, 1892 par. 7} 

rahab

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2023, 06:07:20 PM »
Excellent quote

Joshua 1:9

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

rahab

« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2023, 06:18:31 PM »
. (N) Matthew 28:6

He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. …

rahab

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2023, 04:27:19 PM »
So true….  Selfishness our battle  :-[

1 Samuel 17:47

And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give you into our hands.

Glen McCluskey

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2023, 02:39:46 AM »
I appeal to you, my fellow-laborers, to meditate upon the sacred truths imparted unto you.  The heavenly Master has intrusted you with the mine of truth, and you are to work out its treasures, to display its gems, and unveil its attractions, not merely when giving a discourse, but in your daily life you are to show the constraining, transforming power of the truth.  Every faculty and power of our nature must receive the imprint of Christ's signature.  We must become partakers of the divine nature.  By beholding, we become changed into his image.  {RH, January 21, 1890 par. 6} 

rahab

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2023, 05:28:34 PM »
I appeal to you, my fellow-laborers, to meditate upon the sacred truths imparted unto you.  The heavenly Master has intrusted you with the mine of truth, and you are to work out its treasures, to display its gems, and unveil its attractions, not merely when giving a discourse, but in your daily life you are to show the constraining, transforming power of the truth.  Every faculty and power of our nature must receive the imprint of Christ's signature.  We must become partakers of the divine nature.  By beholding, we become changed into his image.  {RH, January 21, 1890 par. 6} 
. AMEN

(N) John 1:16

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

rahab

« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2023, 05:39:53 PM »
2 Samuel 22:3

The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

Glen McCluskey

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2023, 02:47:13 AM »
Those who would overcome must put to the tax every power of their being.  They must agonize on their knees before God for divine power.  Christ came to be our example, and to make known to us that we may be partakers of the divine nature.  How? -- By having escaped the corruptions that are in the world through lust.  Satan did not gain the victory over Christ.  He did not put his foot upon the soul of the Redeemer.  He did not touch the head though he bruised the heel.  Christ, by His own example, made it evident that man may stand in integrity.  Men may have a power to resist evil -- a power that neither earth, nor death, nor hell can master; a power that will place them where they may overcome as Christ overcame.  Divinity and humanity may be combined in them.  {1SM 409.1} 

rahab

« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2023, 06:31:49 PM »
 ;D  Woo hoo  ;D

(N) John 3:17

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

rahab

« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2023, 01:22:57 PM »
2 Kings 6:16

And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2023, 07:50:55 PM »
Amen! If God be for us, who can be against us!!  Romans 8:41.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Glen McCluskey

« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2023, 03:10:31 AM »
We cannot, of ourselves, perfect a true moral character, but we can accept of Christ's righteousness.  We can be partakers of the divine nature, and escape the corruptions that are in the world through lust.  Christ has left before us a perfect pattern of what we are to be as sons and daughters of God.  {TDG 222.6} 

rahab

« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2023, 05:37:28 PM »
So true,  without Jesus, we have no hope.

(N). 2 Corinthians 7:10

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2023, 07:56:09 AM »
Amen!  It is the sorrow over what we have done to the One we love that brings us to our knees.  It is the goodness of God that brings about true repentance not to be repented of. Then as Brother Glen  has shared, we will reflect the pattern Christ has given us.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

rahab

« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2023, 05:56:52 PM »
Perfect understanding  ;)

2 Chronicles 15:7

Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded.

Glen McCluskey

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2023, 02:41:09 AM »
He who would build a strong, symmetrical character, who would be a well-balanced Christian, must begin at the foundation.  He must crucify self.  He must give all and do all for Christ; for the Redeemer accepts no divided service.  Daily he must learn the meaning of self-surrender.  He must study the word of God, getting its meaning, and seeking to carry out its precepts.  Thus he may reach the highest standard of Christian excellence.  There is no limit to the spiritual advancement we may make if we are partakers of the divine nature.  {YI, May 16, 1901 par. 7}