Author Topic: God is So Very Good! Truth From Decades Ago  (Read 917 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
God is So Very Good! Truth From Decades Ago
« on: November 19, 2023, 09:22:12 AM »
Richard, Let me give you a little report of a recent event in our Lifestyle Center at Uchee Pines.  We look on this work as very much a "seed sowing" one, but occasionally it bursts into fruition right away! 
  We just had a couple here from Nassau; he is the Assistant High Commissioner of the Police Dept for the whole country.  He was mightily impressed with the simplicity & spiritual atmosphere.  Our chaplain was conducting a prophecy bible study on Daniel, and the couple attended every meeting, often staying late to ask questions. 
  The bottom line:  they left yesterday, vowing that they were going to finish bible studies quickly and be baptized!  We can only say, Praise the Lord!  Similar things are happening frequently.  I wouldn't trade this type of "Right Arm" work for all the income of the biggest Managed Care operation in this country!
  Calvin Thrash
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Re: God is So Very Good! Truth From Decades Ago
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2023, 09:33:01 AM »

Testimony - I Once Was "BLIND"

This story comes from Brampton Ontario Canada. Lorna is a very dear friend of my wife and I and like a sister to Beverley.

We moved into the area in 1992 and joined the congregation in time to assist in their building program. At this time Lorna had her sight, practiced as an RN and drove a car with the use of glasses. Within a couple of years her eyesight got worse and worse until she had to be led by the hand and (painful for us to experience) she eventually saw only blurred images and shapes and then only darkness.
Lorna was diagnosed with Stargardt's dystrophy, a degenerative eye disease. Her glasses were changed twice per year for thicker lenses, she said they were like Coca Cola bottles (laugh). Eventually her eye sight in one eye got as bad as 20/400 and Lorna was declared legally blind. She had to give up nursing and lost her driving permit. She was then led around by the arm and responded only to voices. It was a painful experience for those of us close to her but her cheerful spirit never faded.

In 1993, Lorna and family attended a health seminar by Bro. Thomas & Sis. Laverne Jackson explaining God's Plan for or Health & Happiness. They listened attentively as God's simple method of healing was introduced and explained. Jackson himself came into this church through our health message, suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and giving up a promising basketball career. Having been completely relieved of this cripling condition he now goes around sharing the good news of God's amazing love for us and His healing program.
Listening to the powerful blessing of water, sunshine, rest, diet, air, temperance, exercise and trust in God. Hearing of the problem of various foods in the diet, such as sugar, dairy, meat, etc. Lorna and her husband decided that very night to make changes. She quietly prayed, "Lord, if this is your plan, I will follow it." She went home that night and herself and family decided to throw out all the sugar and dairy products, etc, into the bin they went.
A couple of months went by with no aparent change, then little by little changes began to occur. She at first ignored the changes but even her family members noticed improvements. Then improvements came quicker and quicker, first outlines, silhouttes, then forms and faces, yes faces.  8)

My shock occurred one evening while attending a school board meeting in North Toronto, I met Lorna at the meeting.  :o
"So who brought you," I asked.
"No one" came the reply. "I got my license back"  :o   :o

Yes !!!! Praise God, Lorna's improvements reached the peak, SHE CAN NOW SEE.   :)
Lorna's doctor refused to acknowledge the improvements in the early stages, even when she could see, saying that the cells in her retina were dead. Lorna simply said to her doctor, "if I am blind, then how come I can see"  ::)

Lorna's vision returned from 20/400 to 20/40 in one eye and 20/70 to 20/20 in the other eye. She has since been re-tested by an Opthalmologists in the US to confirm her story. Dr. M.... stated that this type of recovery is very unusual for stargardt's dystrophy and is not witnessed with normal allopathic medical treatment.

Together with a change in lifestyle and diet there has been a lot of prayer for Lorna and her family over the period of her illness. She is a living testimony to God's wonderful goodness to us by relieving suffering through obedience to natural law and through prayer and faith.

It takes a lot of faith to believe that God's simple remedies work.

Today Lorna is driving up to visit with us, a 1.5 hour drive. Praise God.

I hope this gives someone hope and inspiration.

------------------
Maranatha
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2023, 09:47:40 AM »
From Down Under   (Australia)

As The Needle to the Pole, SS Lesson # 7

Mercy or Revenge (Prov. 11:17)
"The merciful man does good for his own soul, But he who is cruel troubles his own flesh."
or
"A kindhearted man will reap blessings for himself, but a cruel man reaps nothing but hurt."

We reap what we sew, "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine"

Have you ever tried to pray when you have hate or revenge in your heart?
Prov. 24:17-20
Tells us not to rejoice when some one stumbles, the wicked have no future and have nothing to look forward to.

"One of the most common sins, and one that is attended with most (destructive) results, is the indulgence of an unforgiving spirit. How many will cherish animosity or revenge and then bow before God and ask to be forgiven as they forgive. Surely they can have no true sense of the import of this prayer ot they would not take it upon their lips. We are dependent upon the pardoning mercy of God every day and every hour; how then can we cherish bitterness and malice toward our fellow sinners!" (Testimonies for the Church, vol. 5, p. 170)

For the Christian there can never be any hint of revenge, it destroys the soul and if left unchecked will keep us out of the kingdom.

Clive

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2023, 09:57:32 AM »

Stainless steel screws and Vegetarians

Hi Guys. This really happened to me last May.

My sons & I enjoy dirt bike riding as one of our outdoor activities.  Last year (May 23rd to be precise) I overjumped a double on our private track.  In laymen language that means I landed kind of hard.

Body position, broken buckle on my left boot, incorrect suspension settings on the front forks....all combined to break my left ankle.  I lifted it off the peg and rode on back to the shop.  Yep, it was broken all right.  X-rays revealed a type 3 talus fracture and dislocation.  213 minutes of surgery and 4-screws later the orthopedic surgeon told me that this type of fracture has a 90% (yes, 90%) likelihood that the Talus bone will die--within 8 weeks.  Well, I wasn't too impressed with that report, but facts were facts.  Rats!

After I got home, I researched the Internet version of Wheeless' Orthopedic Textbook, the classical study of orthopedic discipline.  Sure enough, the Doctor was right - a ninety-percent probability of bone death (Avascular Necrosis).   I prepared myself for the inevitable and asked God to help me accept this future.

The doctor chuckled when we told him we were praying about it, advising us to cross our fingers instead... 

A friend told me in church one day that my diet might have a bearing on the outcome.  I hoped so, but wasn't convinced.  (As a business owner I know what 90% odds are).

Another friend asked me this question one day.."Gerry, how much can God do with 10%?"  Then it struck me!  As a tithepaying Adventist, I had returned a faithful 10% for over 10-years.  And God can do a lot with 10%.

Though 389 days have passed since the injury, it became apparent at 12-weeks that the bone was alive and well.  The doctor was incredulous and said "Go and sin no more."  (Actually he said "You have healed perfectly, don't press your luck).

I am unalterably convinced that God healed this wayward ankle of mine!  His dietary counsel undoubtedly played a part. A meatless diet with lots of raw fruit and vegetables provides maximum calcium--an essential ingredient for bone growth.  It has been proven in recent years that meat eating robs calcium from the body.

Most importantly, my Father also showed me what He can do with ten- percent!  I pay my tithe with a bigger smile ever since!

Brother Gerry

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2023, 10:05:38 AM »

Special Report: America Mourns

This week the Adventist Review Online continues its coverage of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon. Get the latest news updates. Read encouraging essays from world leaders and personal stories from fellow church members. You can even listen to a radio broadcast on the events. To get started click here http://www.adventistreview.org/2001-1539/story1.html

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2023, 10:08:25 AM »

ELLEN WHITE’S VISIONS OF THE CITIES

When God’s restraining hand is removed, the destroyer begins his work. Then in our cities the greatest calamities will come.  3MR 314   . Read:   3SM 418      COL 54 (1900)

God is withdrawing His Spirit from the wicked cities, which have become as the cities of the antediluvian world and as Sodom and Gomorrah...Costly mansions, marvels of architectural skill, will be destroyed without a moment’s notice when the Lord sees that the owners have passed the boundaries of forgiveness.  The destruction by fire of the stately buildings, supposed to be fireproof, is an illustration of how in a short time earth’s architecture will lie in ruins.  TDG152

God has not executed His wrath without mercy.  His hand is stretched out still.  His message must be given in Greater New York. The people must be shown how it is possible for God, by a touch of His hand, to destroy the property they have gathered together against the last great day.  3MR 310

I have no light in particular in regard to what is coming on New York, only that I know that one day the great buildings there will be thrown down by the turning and overturning of God’s power. ....Death will come in all places.  This is why I am so anxious for our cities must be warned.   RH July 5,1906

On one occasion, when in New York City, I was in the night season called upon to behold buildings, rising story after story toward heaven.  These buildings were warranted to be fireproof, and they were erected to glorify their owners and builders.   The scene that next passed before me was an alarm of fire.  Men looked at the lofty and supposedly fireproof buildings and said: “They are perfectly save.” But these buildings were consumed as if made of pitch.  The fire engines could do nothing to stay the destruction.  The firemen were unable to operate the engines.  9T12

Scenes that would soon take place in Chicago and other large cities also passed before me.  As wickedness increased and the protecting power of God was withdrawn there were destructive winds and tempests.  Buildings were destroyed by fire and shaken down by earthquakes.....
    Sometime after this I was shown that the vision of buildings in Chicago and the draft upon the means of our people to erect  them, and their destruction, was an object lesson for our people, warning them not to invest largely of their means in property in Chicago, or any other city, unless the providence of God should positively open the way and plainly point out duty to build or buy as necessary in giving the note of warning.  A similar caution was given in regard to buildings in Los Angeles.  Repeatedly I have been instructed that we must not invest means in the erection of expensive buildings in cities.  PC 50

San Francisco and Oakland are becoming s Sodom and Gomorrah, and the Lord will visit them.  Not far hence they will suffer under His judgments.  MS30, 1903
    The terrible earthquake that has visited San Francisco will be followed by other manifestations  of the power of God.  His law has been transgressed.  Cities have become polluted with sin. Study the history of Nineveh.  God sent a special message by Jonah to the wicked city....Many such messages as his would be given in our age, if the wicked cities would repent as did Nineveh.
Ms 61a, June 3, 1906

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2023, 10:18:41 AM »

Evangelical leaders took part in a conference at the Vatican last month

Evangelical leaders James Dobson and Chuck Colson took part in a conference at the Vatican last month. They joined business
executives, Catholic politicians, lawyers, and scholars Nov. 27-29 discussing family issues. Dobson, president of Focus on the
Family, and Colson, president of Prison Fellowship, also had a brief meeting with the pope, according to The Gazette of Colorado Springs.

"Part of the thing is to get over the hump of knowing each other," said Robert Sirico, a Catholic priest who is president of the Acton Institute, a conservative think-tank based in Grand Rapids, Mich.

Dobson said that he has theological differences with the Catholic Church, but "when it comes to the family, there is far more agreement than disagreement, and with regard to moral issues from abortion to premarital sex, safe-sex ideology, and
homosexuality, I find more in common with Catholics than with some of my evangelical brothers and sisters."