Author Topic: Old Man Receives A Remarkable Dream  (Read 428 times)

Curt

Old Man Receives A Remarkable Dream
« on: July 27, 2023, 02:09:14 PM »

Anwar had been driving since dawn, and now the sun was high in the sky.  His rumbling stomach told him that it was near noon.  He hoped to be able to find something to eat along his route to visit believers who waited for him on the far side of the country. 

Anwar was relieved to arrive to a small town on the remote road that would lead to his destination.  His eye searched from side to side looking for a place to grab a quick bite.  As he spotted a lunch counter in the village, he slowed the car and turned in for a hurried meal.  As he sat down on a crude stool, the aroma of traditional food made him even more hungry.  Just as he settled in for his meal, an old man with a strange smile approached him.

Our leader tells the story. "Though we had never met, he looked at me as though he knew me. He asked if we could talk.

"I motioned for him to sit down. As he took a stool beside me, he blurted that he had something significant to tell me. He shared how he had just finished his evening prayers and had laid down to sleep a few nights before.  Soon he had a vivid dream in which he saw me and was told to be on the lookout for me. Just moments before our meeting, he had been impressed to come out of his house; he noticed a strange car pull up and was delighted to see me get out and step up to the eatery.

The gentleman said, "I know you must have a special message for me, and you must share it without delay." 

Despite my other commitments, his insistence and interest were so great that I spent three days in his home opening the scriptures to him before driving on.

"He is very excited and, at the same time, struggling to take it all in. He is on a path toward accepting Jesus. Please keep this dear old man in your prayers.

FAITH - As God's blessed sons & daughters we are to attempt the impossible to the extent that we will fail unless God steps in.   Keep the faith