Author Topic: Gospel is Being Preached in His Churches  (Read 1656 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Gospel is Being Preached in His Churches
« on: August 21, 2022, 09:07:29 AM »
A most amazing thing happened yesterday. I heard the gospel message being preached in one of our churches.  Not just touched upon, but actually preached in its fullness. And, not only the true gospel message, but also quotes revealing the true gospel message was rejected in 1888! Since many have been deceived and remain in a Laodicean condition which is blindness to the truth, many will strongly object to what I am expressing.

As soon as I get a recording of the message, I will post it. Yes, we hear many messages that surely sound like the truth because there is very much truth in the messages. If possible they will deceive the very elect. But, they will not because the very elect are wise and compare all in the message to the truth found in Scripture. They have spiritual discernment because they love the Lord our God with the whole heart, thus they have been taught by God. "Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand." Daniel 12:10.

And, we do not have to rely upon the Spirit of Prophecy to understand the condition of God's church. Here is what Jesus says:

3:14   And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; 
 3:15   I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 
 3:16   So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 
 3:17   Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 
 3:18   I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and [that] the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 
 3:19   As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 
 3:20   Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 
 3:21   To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 
 3:22   He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. 

The blind can read this and come away not understanding that anyone in the Laodicean condition is blind to spiritual truth. They do not see that a Laodicean is in a lost condition and unless they repent they shall not enter heaven. Jesus says He is about to "spew" the Laodicean out of His mouth. It means that his probation is about to close and he will be forever lost. Jesus says to those who He is speaking "repent." Why? Because the Laodicean has not truly repented of his evil ways.

One last thought that you never have heard from the pulpit or published on our presses. In Ellen White's time, it was rare to find one who was not Laodicean. In her words, it was rare to find one who was truly converted. Why have we never heard this from the pulpit since that condition continues today?

"The new birth is a rare experience in this age of the world. This is the reason why there are so many perplexities in the churches. Many, so many, who assume the name of Christ are unsanctified and unholy. They have been baptized, but they were buried alive. Self did not die, and therefore they did not rise to newness of life in Christ." Manuscript 148, 1897.

This ought to awaken a sleeping church. That fact that the message is being preached now means that Jesus is even at the doors and as soon as we take the gospel message to a world soon to perish, Jesus will come. Come Lord Jesus!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

rahab

Re: Gospel is Being Preached in His Churches
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 05:59:37 PM »
waiting for that post..... ;)