Author Topic: Horses  (Read 3541 times)

Liane H

• http://
Horses
« on: May 28, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »
One day I got this message on my TTY from a lady named Jane. She said that Dr. Lind gave her my number and that I could help her.

Who is Dr. Lind? He is my vet for my dogs of which one is a hearing service dog. She was looking to find a service dog for herself as she is physically disabled and Dr. Lind thought I might be able to help.

She ended up getting her own dog, but she desired that I help teach her how to train this dog to do service work for her.  

So has begun a relationship with Jane who I never knew existed until that fateful phone call. I was later to learn that she had worked with Loma Linda University and a VA program to teach vegetarian cooking and she herself is now a vegetarian, but that was as far as it went.

She has two Arabian horses that she had to leave behind in Florida when she came out to California for medical reasons. She just learned that the property that they have been pasturing is being sold and she needs to get the horses out here to California.

Over the last week I have been trying to find a way to help her get the horses transported. There is a whole world out there of horse talk and terminology I never knew, but I am learning. We got an extension for the horses of 60 days instead of 30 days so the Lord answered our prayers.

Now is finding a horse transport company that will give us a resonable price and bring two horses here. My friends  here in California are able to board them on their property. More prayers answered

Well today she told me when she is down here in Bishop visiting she wants to come to church with me and see what a Seventh-day Adventist Church is like.

God does indeed bring people into our lives to help them. Through this reach out I have been given an opportunity to show her what God is really like.

A person at a time, even through horses.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Horses
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 09:33:00 PM »
Amen! Jesus ministered to the physical needs that opened the heart to spiritual things. We will find success when we do the same. We will pray for you, dear sister.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Liane H

Horses
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 05:01:00 AM »
Jane and I had a great Bible Study on the phone last Sabbath. It lasted three hours and I was blessed by the one on one opportunity to witness of Jesus and the Sabbath.

She has come down to visit and we will be going to church together this Sabbath.

This one on one experience of witnessing to someone has blessed me beyond measure. God is bringing people into our lives and giving us an opportunity to share our faith.

Time is short and doors are opening that appeared to have been none before. Or were we to afraid to see if their was a door there to open?

Liane  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Horses
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 06:16:00 AM »
Liane, that is just wonderful to hear. Witnessing is probably one of the most fulfilling things known to man. I have a friend who went on a short term mission to central-america to help at a poor orphanage. He found it so fulfilling that when he came home he quit is fulltime teaching job. Sold everything he had and moved to the orphanage and is now the orphanage's fulltime maintenance man/english teacher.

Sorry Liane, I don't want to change the subject just trying to explain how easily it can be to get hooked on witnessing.  :)

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Liane H

Horses
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 09:16:00 AM »
Hi Jim:

Your did not change the subject. You are right on target. Witnessing comes in many forms, both good and bad.

God is our guide and helper. When we follow His example through Jesus we are given many different ways to witness.  

What I find though is the blessings I experience when the opportunity to witness comes along.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane H

Horses
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 09:11:00 AM »
God's love for us and that which we need is never too small for Him to help. Or to encourage people to help.

The pastor wrote and said that he has gotten all the pledges for the balance of the transport money to get the horses from Florida to California. That is $860.00 and what a blessing.

Some might say getting horses to a lady is not important enough and the money could have been used for better use.

What is a soul worth to witness and to help? Do we count it in dollars and cents or do we give thanks to God and praise His name when such things are done for others.

When opportunities come we must be willing to stand up to the plate with our own resources to His glory as well as others that hearing of a need do so as well.

Whether she embraces this faith or not it can be said that we gave all that we could to reach this soul.

Liane    

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane H

Horses
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 06:48:00 AM »
The Pastor came by and gave us more of the money for the horses transporation.

What I thought was going to be a half hour visit turned out to be a three and half hours of talking to Jane about Jesus, the church and some doctrines.

It was very interesting to see how Pastors work when they reach out to people. She really opened up to him and shared many things that concerned her.

Liane  

Liane, the Zoo Mama