Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--68--In the Outer Court  (Read 10978 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--68--In the Outer Court
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2021, 04:06:36 AM »
...."He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal." All who would bring forth fruit as workers together with Christ must first fall into the ground and die. The life must be cast into the furrow of the world's need. Self-love, self-interest, must perish. And the law of self-sacrifice is the law of self-preservation. The husbandman preserves his grain by casting it away. So in human life. To give is to live. The life that will be preserved is the life that is freely given in service to God and man. Those who for Christ's sake sacrifice their life in this world will keep it unto life eternal."
May we keep this truth in our hearts and live our lives as God has prescribed. There is no other way; for this is the path that Jesus walked and asks us to follow Him. Let us also remember the promise Jesus gave,...."Take my yoke upon you for my yoke is easy and my burden is light".
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Philip T

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2021, 07:04:45 AM »
  The Greeks had heard of Christ's triumphal entry into Jerusalem. Some supposed, and had circulated the report, that He had driven the priests and rulers from the temple, and that He was to take possession of David's throne, and reign as king of Israel. The Greeks longed to know the truth in regard to His mission. "We would see Jesus," they said. Their desire was granted. When the request was brought to Jesus, He was in that part of the temple from which all except Jews were excluded, but He went out to the Greeks in the outer court, and had a personal interview with them.

The symbolism here is striking, the outer court of the tabernacle/temple symbolizes the world, so Jesus when he came from the inner court to the outer, it showed his coming from heaven to earth. He met with the Greeks(Gentiles), showing he came to earth to save all Jew and Gentile alike. What love and sacrifice of self we see here and in this chapter, are we willing to walk in Jesus foot steps surrendering all for our fellow mankind. I sincerely hope so. It is the only way to salvation, giving all to Jesus, claiming his gift of grace, and going to work for Him in completing His last commission given to us in Matthew 28. 

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2021, 03:57:09 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Philip!

How does God break the power of Satan over the minds and affections of every being in the universe?

"'Now is the judgment of this world,' Christ continued; 'now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all unto Me. This He said, signifying what death He should die.' This is the crisis of the world. If I become the propitiation for the sins of men, the world will be lighted up. Satan's hold upon the souls of men will be broken. The defaced image of God will be restored in humanity, and a family of believing saints will finally inherit the heavenly home. This is the result of Christ's death. The Saviour is lost in contemplation of the scene of triumph called up before Him. He sees the cross, the cruel, ignominious cross, with all its attending horrors, blazing with glory." {The Desire of Ages, page 625, paragraph 4}

Christ would die on Calvary's cross to break the power of Satan so all who would submit to reason and enlightened conscience could not only be free from Satan's power (sin), but enjoy the blessing of being in God's presence by faith even now, and enjoying His presence in-person once Jesus comes in power and great glory! Now God is preparing His people to stand through the time of trouble such as never was and to be victorious because they have come to have an abiding trust no matter how great a trial they may endure, considering that the all-important sacrifice of Christ has been made on Calvary! Realizing that all who truly repent have the privilege of becoming partakers of the divine nature, receiving all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in the life, and becoming like Christ more and more, from character experience to character experience, "from glory to glory" (2 Corinthians 3:18), God's faithful saints will remember that "fellowship with Christ in His sufferings is the most weighty trust, and the highest honor." {The Desire of Ages, page 224, paragraph 5} May we seek the will of God--nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else! 
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}