Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--69--On the Mount of Olives  (Read 20148 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--69--On the Mount of Olives
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2023, 07:06:04 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon and Pastor Sean.   Today many will close their probation. Soon the mercy offered will be accepted or denied by all and probation will be closed for the world. Jesus is even at the doors.

Everything in the world is in agitation. The signs of the times are ominous. Coming events cast their shadows before. The Spirit of God is withdrawing from the earth, and calamity follows calamity by sea and by land. There are tempests, earthquakes, fires, floods, murders of every grade. Who can read the future? Where is security? There is assurance in nothing that is human or earthly. Rapidly are men ranging themselves under the banner they have chosen. Restlessly are they waiting and watching the movements of their leaders. There are those who are waiting and watching and working for our Lord's appearing. Another class are falling into line under the generalship of the first great apostate. Few believe with heart and soul that we have a hell to shun and a heaven to win.
     The crisis is stealing gradually upon us. The sun shines in the heavens, passing over its usual round, and the heavens still declare the glory of God. Men are still eating and drinking, planting and building, marrying, and giving in marriage. Merchants are still buying and selling. Men are jostling one against another, contending for the highest place. Pleasure lovers are still crowding to theaters, horse races, gambling hells. The highest excitement prevails, yet probation's hour is fast closing, and every case is about to be eternally decided. Satan sees that his time is short. He has set all his agencies at work that men may be deceived, deluded, occupied and entranced, until the day of probation shall be ended, and the door of mercy be forever shut. 

We sorrow over the sin in the world and the suffering of humanity. Jesus sorrows even more. Why has He not come? We have indeed not done what He has entrusted to us.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2023, 08:05:25 PM »
"In the prophecy of Jerusalem's destruction Christ said, "Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

"This prophecy will again be fulfilled."

"The abounding iniquity of that day finds its counterpart in this generation."

"So now, before the coming of the Son of man, the everlasting gospel is to be preached "to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." Revelation 14:6, 14."

"God "hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world." Acts 17:31.

"Christ tells us when that day shall be ushered in. He does not say that all the world will be converted, but that "this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

"By giving the gospel to the world it is in our power to hasten our Lord's return. We are not only to look for but to hasten the coming of the day of God."

"Had the church of Christ done her appointed work as the Lord ordained, the whole world would before this have been warned, and the Lord Jesus would have come to our earth in power and great glory. "

Could it be that "WE"  are the Delayers of His Second Coming??

========================
All the signs point to the end,
Christ soon will be here again;
We must be ready for Him—
  Jesus is coming again!
    Coming again, coming again,
Time is swiftly passing by,
Soon we may hear the midnight cry!
Coming again, coming again,
As the wise virgins we must be prepared!
    Jesus is coming again!
From soul and self turn away,
Look unto Jesus today;
There is no time to delay—
  Jesus is coming again!
Foolish ones never will turn;
When the Lord comes they will learn
There is no oil left to burn—
  Jesus is coming again!
Wise virgins buy up the time;
Never drunk with the world’s wine,
Filled in the spirit they shine—
  Jesus is coming again!
Let us go forth unto Him,
Not only with our lamps trimmed,
Buy the oil now lest they dim—
  Jesus is coming again!
Jesus is now on His way,
Watch, for you know not the day;
Ever in His presence stay—
  Jesus is coming again!

Lyrics:J. B.

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2023, 05:20:53 AM »
"In the prophecy of Jerusalem's destruction Christ said, "Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." This prophecy will again be fulfilled. The abounding iniquity of that day finds its counterpart in this generation. So with the prediction in regard to the preaching of the gospel. Before the fall of Jerusalem, Paul, writing by the Holy Spirit, declared that the gospel was preached to "every creature which is under heaven." Colossians 1:23. So now, before the coming of the Son of man, the everlasting gospel is to be preached "to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." Revelation 14:6, 14. God "hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world." Acts 17:31. Christ tells us when that day shall be ushered in. He does not say that all the world will be converted, but that "this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." By giving the gospel to the world it is in our power to hasten our Lord's return. We are not only to look for but to hasten the coming of the day of God. 2 Peter 3:12, margin. Had the church of Christ done her appointed work as the Lord ordained, the whole world would before this have been warned, and the Lord Jesus would have come to our earth in power and great glory."

This is a chapter that is very hard to focus on just one portion to post because the whole is so important. It's an amazing truth that we can actually hasten the Lords coming. It's a sad fact that if God's people had been doing as they should in spreading the gospel that Jesus would have been here long ago. God doesn't want even one to be lost so He is waiting for all to have an opportunity to make their decision for or against accepting Him. We have the thrilling privilege to be part of that work and to hasten Christ's return.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2023, 06:27:33 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

Praise God that Jesus is coming again soon! We can help hasten that day by giving the gospel to the world! When we surrender fully to Christ, He forgives our sins, transforms our characters, and fills us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we are empowered to obey God up to the light of the truth He has revealed to us!

"In the prophecy of Jerusalem's destruction Christ said, 'Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.' This prophecy will again be fulfilled. The abounding iniquity of that day finds its counterpart in this generation. So with the prediction in regard to the preaching of the gospel. Before the fall of Jerusalem, Paul, writing by the Holy Spirit, declared that the gospel was preached to 'every creature which is under heaven.' Colossians 1:23. So now, before the coming of the Son of man, the everlasting gospel is to be preached 'to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people.' Revelation 14:6, 14. God 'hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world.' Acts 17:31. Christ tells us when that day shall be ushered in. He does not say that all the world will be converted, but that 'this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.' By giving the gospel to the world it is in our power to hasten our Lord's return. We are not only to look for but to hasten the coming of the day of God. 2 Peter 3:12, margin. Had the church of Christ done her appointed work as the Lord ordained, the whole world would before this have been warned, and the Lord Jesus would have come to our earth in power and great glory." {The Desire of Ages, page 633, paragraph 3}

Oh, how Jesus longs to have the whole world receive the opportunity to hear the gospel message, the present truth in the context of the Three Angels' Messages of Revelation 14:6-14! Let us herald His return!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2023, 06:30:02 PM »
Amen my dear friends! Today we all have chosen the same truth to share. Unity of Spirit and doctrine!

"By giving the gospel to the world it is in our power to hasten our Lord's return. We are not only to look for but to hasten the coming of the day of God. 2 Peter 3:12, margin. Had the church of Christ done her appointed work as the Lord ordained, the whole world would before this have been warned, and the Lord Jesus would have come to our earth in power and great glory."

Jesus warns us when judgments are coming. One such warning is written in Daniel 11 and 12. When the king of the north goes into Jerusalem and comes to his end, then we shall see Jesus stand up and leave forever His cleansing of the Most Holy Place. Judgment will then be closed and there will be no more forgiveness of sin and the time of trouble will begin. Pray for wisdom and God will give it if we will walk in it.  \

Have a blessed Sabbath to all!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2024, 08:06:01 PM »
"Few believe with heart and soul that we have a hell to shun and a heaven to win.

"The crisis is stealing gradually upon us."

"The sun shines in the heavens, passing over its usual round, and the heavens still declare the glory of God."  "

"Men are still eating and drinking, planting and building, marrying, and giving in marriage. Merchants are still buying and selling."

"Men are jostling one against another, contending for the highest place."

"Pleasure lovers are still crowding to theaters, horse races, gambling hells."

"The highest excitement prevails, yet probation's hour is fast closing, and every case is about to be eternally decided."

"Satan sees that his time is short."

"He has set all his agencies at work that men may be deceived, deluded, occupied and entranced, until the day of probation shall be ended, and the door of mercy be forever shut."

If Satan knows his time is short --- Why not those who claim to be God's remnant people?? 

==============================
Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Lyrics:Frances Ridley Havergal (1836-1879)
Music:Henri Abraham Cesar Malan (1787-1864)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2024, 05:04:09 AM »
"After He had given the signs of His coming, Christ said, "When ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand." "Take ye heed, watch and pray." God has always given men warning of coming judgments. Those who had faith in His message for their time, and who acted out their faith, in obedience to His commandments, escaped the judgments that fell upon the disobedient and unbelieving. The word came to Noah, "Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before Me." Noah obeyed and was saved. The message came to Lot, "Up, get you out of this place; for the Lord will destroy this city." Genesis 7:1; 19:14. Lot placed himself under the guardianship of the heavenly messengers, and was saved. So Christ's disciples were given warning of the destruction of Jerusalem. Those who watched for the sign of the coming ruin, and fled from the city, escaped the destruction. So now we are given warning of Christ's second coming and of the destruction to fall upon the world. Those who heed the warning will be saved."

How the Lord wants to save us. He is doing all He can to warn us of what is to come. We see the fulfilling of these warnings all around us. The world is pulling us in all directions and it takes determined effort to stay focused on Jesus and His appeal to us to watch and pray that we will not be led astray by earthly cares and pleasures. Working with the Holy Spirit in serving others is the greatest antidote to selfishness.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Philip T

« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2024, 01:50:27 PM »
     Because we know not the exact time of His coming, we are commanded to watch. "Blessed are those servants, whom the Lord when He cometh shall find watching." Luke 12:37. Those who watch for the Lord's coming are not waiting in idle expectancy. The expectation of Christ's coming is to make men fear the Lord, and fear His judgments upon transgression. It is to awaken them to the great sin of rejecting His offers of mercy. Those who are watching for the Lord are purifying their souls by obedience to the truth. With vigilant watching they combine earnest working. Because they know that the Lord is at the door, their zeal is quickened to co-operate with the divine intelligences in working for the salvation of souls. These are the faithful and wise servants who give to the Lord's household "their portion of meat in due season." Luke 12:42. They are declaring the truth that is now specially applicable. As Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Moses each declared the truth for his time, so will Christ's servants now give the special warning for their generation. [/color

Interesting, watching and praying is not enough, we are to be active in God's plan of Salvation, winning souls to heaven also as time draws short.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2024, 05:02:26 AM »
Amen, amen, and amen!

Because we know not the exact time of His coming, we are commanded to watch. "Blessed are those servants, whom the Lord when He cometh shall find watching." Luke 12:37. Those who watch for the Lord's coming are not waiting in idle expectancy. The expectation of Christ's coming is to make men fear the Lord, and fear His judgments upon transgression. It is to awaken them to the great sin of rejecting His offers of mercy. Those who are watching for the Lord are purifying their souls by obedience to the truth. With vigilant watching they combine earnest working. Because they know that the Lord is at the door, their zeal is quickened to co-operate with the divine intelligences in working for the salvation of souls. These are the faithful and wise servants who give to the Lord's household "their portion of meat in due season." Luke 12:42. They are declaring the truth that is now specially applicable. As Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Moses each declared the truth for his time, so will Christ's servants now give the special warning for their generation. 

Amen. There are markers in time that reveal to us that Jesus is coming very soon. There will be a reason why there will be a national Sunday law in America. All that is going wrong will be the fault of those who desecrate the sun day. We are told they are working now under cover of darkness, but soon it will be in the open. When we declare the Sabbath Day more fully, there will be persecution. That persecution will cleanse the ministry.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2024, 06:55:52 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, Brother Philip, and Brother Richard!

There are major parallels to the global flood that took place in Noah's day with the soon second coming of Jesus that will be witnessed by the whole world. Noah faithfully warned the world, built an ark, and he and his family were saved. So we, in these last days, are given an ark--the very ark in the most holy place in the heavenly sanctuary--and that is where Jesus is ministering for us as our High Priest. Inside the ark of the covenant the are Ten Commandments (Revelation 11:19). This law of love is the transcript of what Jesus is writing in the hearts of those He is preparing for His second coming. Above the ark is the mercy seat, for we all need mercy for having broken the law of God. Thankfully, Jesus sprinkles His atoning blood over us and our life history as we come to Him in a full surrender of true repentance, experiencing genuine conversion. In the investigative judgment now taking place, Christ is blotting out even the record of sin of those who have confessed and forsaken their sin in true repentance and are walking in true conversion manifest in all of the fruits of the Spirit in the life without one missing. Oh, let us flee to the ark of safety and abide in Christ's character, for that is the ark for our time! The Three Angels' Message of Revelation 14 alert the world to the reality of the second coming, the judgment in heaven, and the importance of the seventh day Sabbath. It warns of not receiving the mark of the beast, which will be the global enforcement of Sunday as a day of worship and rest. It is essential that we both live and give the present truth message by abiding in Christ in constant union and communion!

"After He had given the signs of His coming, Christ said, "When ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.' 'Take ye heed, watch and pray.' God has always given men warning of coming judgments. Those who had faith in His message for their time, and who acted out their faith, in obedience to His commandments, escaped the judgments that fell upon the disobedient and unbelieving. The word came to Noah, 'Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before Me.' Noah obeyed and was saved. The message came to Lot, 'Up, get you out of this place; for the Lord will destroy this city.' Genesis 7:1; 19:14. Lot placed himself under the guardianship of the heavenly messengers, and was saved. So Christ's disciples were given warning of the destruction of Jerusalem. Those who watched for the sign of the coming ruin, and fled from the city, escaped the destruction. So now we are given warning of Christ's second coming and of the destruction to fall upon the world. Those who heed the warning will be saved." {The Desire of Ages, page 634, paragraph 1}

Christ yearns to save us! His warming is out of love and deep necessity!

"Solemnly there come to us down through the centuries the warning words of our Lord from the Mount of Olives: 'Take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.' 'Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.'" {The Desire of Ages, page 636, paragraph 3}

Oh, what joy unspeakable it will be to see Jesus coming in the clouds of heaven with all the holy angels! What joy we can have now when even one more soul comes to Christ in full surrender! We will know that it was worth it to put our whole soul into His purpose for our lives, for we are copartners with Him in the work of saving souls, warning the world by a life and message that is consistent with the word of God.

"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}