Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--45--The Foreshadowing of the Cross  (Read 16865 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--45--The Foreshadowing of the Cross
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2021, 04:58:36 PM »
May we let the love of Christ constrain us in doing God's holy will! 

"Love for souls for whom Christ died means crucifixion of self. He who is a child of God should henceforth look upon himself as a link in the chain let down to save the world, one with Christ in His plan of mercy, going forth with Him to seek and save the lost. The Christian is ever to realize that he has consecrated himself to God, and that in character he is to reveal Christ to the world. The self-sacrifice, the sympathy, the love, manifested in the life of Christ are to reappear in the life of the worker for God." {The Desire of Ages, page 417, paragraph 1}

When Jesus lives in our hearts, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing! We can obey God from a heart renewed by the Holy Spirit!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2021, 08:52:07 PM »
     Love for souls for whom Christ died means crucifixion of self. He who is a child of God should henceforth look upon himself as a link in the chain let down to save the world, one with Christ in His plan of mercy, going forth with Him to seek and save the lost. The Christian is ever to realize that he has consecrated himself to God, and that in character he is to reveal Christ to the world. The self-sacrifice, the sympathy, the love, manifested in the life of Christ are to reappear in the life of the worker for God.

We cease being amazed that God is revealing the same truths to His children!   God leaves us on this dark spot in the universe to be His witnesses. How so? "Fear God and give glory to Him...."  We give glory to God by reflecting His character.  We support Satan's charges against God when we sin. We are to reveal His character to a world soon to perish. Let us retain our connection with Jesus that we might reveal His love and grace to others.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2021, 06:21:17 AM »
Let's follow Jesus!

Jesus now explained to His disciples that His own life of self-abnegation was an example of what theirs should be. Calling about Him, with the disciples, the people who had been lingering near, He said, "If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." The cross was associated with the power of Rome. It was the instrument of the most cruel and humiliating form of death. The lowest criminals were required to bear the cross to the place of execution; and often as it was about to be laid upon their shoulders, they resisted with desperate violence, until they were overpowered, and the instrument of torture was bound upon them. But Jesus bade His followers take up the cross and bear it after Him. To the disciples His words, though dimly comprehended, pointed to their submission to the most bitter humiliation,--submission even unto death for the sake of Christ. No more complete self-surrender could the Saviour's words have pictured. But all this He had accepted for them. Jesus did not count heaven a place to be desired while we were lost. He left the heavenly courts for a life of reproach and insult, and a death of shame. He who was rich in heaven's priceless treasure, became poor, that through His poverty we might be rich. We are to follow in the path He trod.  {DA 416.3}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2021, 07:51:16 AM »
'The Christian is ever to realize that he has consecrated himself to God, and that in character he is to reveal Christ to the world."

"The self-sacrifice, the sympathy, the love, manifested in the life of Christ are to reappear in the life of the worker for God."

This may seem to be impossible, and it is, if we are relying only upon our own strength but Jesus said in...

Matthew 28

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

When we by faith come to Jesus confessing our sinfulness and our strong desire to be forgiven and to be enabled to be His witnesses, then by the power of the Holy Spirit, we will be transformed and enabled to be true disciples willing to share the Good News of His Redeeming Grace. Our prayer will be...

"Lord lay some soul upon my heart and love that soul through me
and may I humbly do my part to win that soul for thee."

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2021, 08:19:40 AM »
  Jesus now explained to His disciples that His own life of self-abnegation was an example of what theirs should be. Calling about Him, with the disciples, the people who had been lingering near, He said, "If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." The cross was associated with the power of Rome. It was the instrument of the most cruel and humiliating form of death. The lowest criminals were required to bear the cross to the place of execution; and often as it was about to be laid upon their shoulders, they resisted with desperate violence, until they were overpowered, and the instrument of torture was bound upon them. But Jesus bade His followers take up the cross and bear it after Him. To the disciples His words, though dimly comprehended, pointed to their submission to the most bitter humiliation,--submission even unto death for the sake of Christ. No more complete self-surrender could the Saviour's words have pictured. But all this He had accepted for them. Jesus did not count heaven a place to be desired while we were lost. He left the heavenly courts for a life of reproach and insult, and a death of shame. He who was rich in heaven's priceless treasure, became poor, that through His poverty we might be rich. We are to follow in the path He trod.

What a description of amazing grace.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2021, 10:16:53 PM »
Amen my dearest friends! We understand what many do not, nor do they want to. But, as we are told, it will be a blessing to partake in the sufferings of Jesus. It is a most weighty trust and a high honor.

It was to Peter a bitter lesson, and one which he learned but slowly, that the path of Christ on earth lay through agony and humiliation. The disciple shrank from fellowship with his Lord in suffering. But in the heat of the furnace fire he was to learn its blessing. Long afterward, when his active form was bowed with the burden of years and labors, he wrote, "Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy." 1 Peter 4:12, 13. 

Jesus now explained to His disciples that His own life of self-abnegation was an example of what theirs should be. Calling about Him, with the disciples, the people who had been lingering near, He said, "If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." The cross was associated with the power of Rome. It was the instrument of the most cruel and humiliating form of death. The lowest criminals were required to bear the cross to the place of execution; and often as it was about to be laid upon their shoulders, they resisted with desperate violence, until they were overpowered, and the instrument of torture was bound upon them. But Jesus bade His followers take up the cross and bear it after Him. To the disciples His words, though dimly comprehended, pointed to their submission to the most bitter humiliation,--submission even unto death for the sake of Christ. No more complete self-surrender could the Saviour's words have pictured. But all this He had accepted for them. Jesus did not count heaven a place to be desired while we were lost. He left the heavenly courts for a life of reproach and insult, and a death of shame. He who was rich in heaven's priceless treasure, became poor, that through His poverty we might be rich. We are to follow in the path He trod. 

May we go forth in His strength to give honor and glory to Him who suffered for our sake! Then the world will know there is a God in heaven who has power to transform sinners into saints.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2022, 08:23:13 PM »
"The cross was associated with the power of Rome."

"It was the instrument of the most cruel and humiliating form of death. The lowest criminals were required to bear the cross to the place of execution; and often as it was about to be laid upon their shoulders, they resisted with desperate violence, until they were overpowered, and the instrument of torture was bound upon them."

"But Jesus bade His followers take up the cross and bear it after Him."

"To the disciples His words, though dimly comprehended, pointed to their submission to the most bitter humiliation,--submission even unto death for the sake of Christ."

"No more complete self-surrender could the Saviour's words have pictured."

"But all this He had accepted for them."

"Jesus did not count heaven a place to be desired while we were lost.

He left the heavenly courts for a life of reproach and insult, and a death of shame. He who was rich in heaven's priceless treasure, became poor, that through His poverty we might be rich.

"We are to follow in the path He trod."

Are " WE " willing to surrender " ALL " to Jesus? Even to the point of giving up our earthly life for Him?

Jesus, keep me near the cross,
  There a precious fountain,
Free to all—a healing stream,
  Flows from Calv’ry’s mountain.
    In the cross, in the cross,
  Be my glory ever;
From the cross my ransomed soul
    Nothing then shall sever.
Near the cross, a trembling soul,
  Love and mercy found me;
There the Bright and Morning Star
  Sheds its beams around me.
Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
  Bring its scenes before me;
Help me walk from day to day,
  With its shadow o’er me.
Near the cross I’ll watch and wait,
  Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I see my Savior’s face,
  Leave His presence never.

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:William Howard Doane (1832-1915)

Dorine

« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2022, 05:52:06 AM »
"Love for souls for whom Christ died means crucifixion of self. He who is a child of God should henceforth look upon himself as a link in the chain let down to save the world, one with Christ in His plan of mercy, going forth with Him to seek and save the lost. The Christian is ever to realize that he has consecrated himself to God, and that in character he is to reveal Christ to the world. The self-sacrifice, the sympathy, the love, manifested in the life of Christ are to reappear in the life of the worker for God."  {DA 417.1}

May God be praised today through the lives we live in Jesus. May we be ready at all times to be used of Him; not fearing the consequences that may come because of our love and loyalty to Him. We are working with Christ to seek and save the lost. With Jesus in the heart we will joyfully pick up our cross and follow Him.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Philip T

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2022, 07:41:47 AM »
The work of Christ on earth was hastening to a close. Before Him, in vivid outline, lay the scenes whither His feet were tending. Even before He took humanity upon Him, He saw the whole length of the path He must travel in order to save that which was lost. Every pang that rent His heart, every insult that was heaped upon His head, every privation that He was called to endure, was open to His view before He laid aside His crown and royal robe, and stepped down from the throne, to clothe His divinity with humanity. The path from the manger to Calvary was all before His eyes. He knew the anguish that would come upon Him. He knew it all, and yet He said, "Lo, I come: in the volume of the Book it is written of Me, I delight to do Thy will, O My God: yea, Thy law is within My heart." Psalm 40:7, 8.

This struck me this morning, knowing the pain, rejection, agony of the cross and taking the worlds sins from the first to the last upon Himself, that they would separate Him from his Father on the cross, yet he took on humanity to save us a fallen world that we might be freed from the grip of Satan and have eternal life. Such love for us his created beings. Yes, God's love for us cannot be measured. How can we turn from Him who gave all for us.  Jesus is our example. We should rejoice in our sufferings and joys the same as Jesus did.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2022, 10:23:36 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Philip!! It is good to have you with us, Brother Philip!! We have missed you!! Your posts are a blessing!!

Be a link! Let God use you as you surrender the whole heart to Jesus so you are not only a converted missionary manifesting all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing, but allow God to make you a link to others so they are drawn to Christ by your life, words and example! Be like Jesus all day long by beholding Him continually! That is why it would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ, taking it point by point, and letting our imagination dwell especially upon the closing scenes of His life! By beholding we become changed!

"Love for souls for whom Christ died means crucifixion of self. He who is a child of God should henceforth look upon himself as a link in the chain let down to save the world, one with Christ in His plan of mercy, going forth with Him to seek and save the lost. The Christian is ever to realize that he has consecrated himself to God, and that in character he is to reveal Christ to the world. The self-sacrifice, the sympathy, the love, manifested in the life of Christ are to reappear in the life of the worker for God." {The Desire of Ages, page 417, paragraph 1} 

Praise the Lord for the power of God's grace to transform us from rebellious sinners into repentant, adopted saints of His who love Him wholeheartedly with the new heart He gives us filled with His Spirit! The greatest miracle is the conversion of a soul, and a consistent life in Christ is a great miracle! Let God work that miracle in your life and in reaching others!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2022, 09:23:51 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon! We are to tred the very same path as did our Lord and Savior! We ought not think it strange when fiery trials come. As Bother Philip has shared we are to glory in our sufferings as well as in our joys!

It was to Peter a bitter lesson, and one which he learned but slowly, that the path of Christ on earth lay through agony and humiliation. The disciple shrank from fellowship with his Lord in suffering. But in the heat of the furnace fire he was to learn its blessing. Long afterward, when his active form was bowed with the burden of years and labors, he wrote, "Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy." 1 Peter 4:12, 13.  {DA 416.2} 

Beacon

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2022, 08:02:07 PM »
"Jesus did not count heaven a place to be desired while we were lost."

"He left the heavenly courts for a life of reproach and insult, and a death of shame. He who was rich in heaven's priceless treasure, became poor, that through His poverty we might be rich."

Are " WE " willing to surrender " ALL " to Jesus? Even to the point of giving up our earthly life for Him? Remember....He who fails to prepare -- prepares to fail!

HAPPY SABBATH TO ALL GOD'S FAMILY AROUND THE WORLD AND BEYOND.

=====================

Jesus, keep me near the cross,
  There a precious fountain,
Free to all—a healing stream,
  Flows from Calv’ry’s mountain.
    In the cross, in the cross,
  Be my glory ever;
From the cross my ransomed soul
    Nothing then shall sever.
Near the cross, a trembling soul,
  Love and mercy found me;
There the Bright and Morning Star
  Sheds its beams around me.
Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
  Bring its scenes before me;
Help me walk from day to day,
  With its shadow o’er me.
Near the cross I’ll watch and wait,
  Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I see my Savior’s face,
  Leave His presence never.

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:William Howard Doane (1832-1915)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2022, 03:57:35 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

Happy Sabbath to you all!

Let us receive the gift of bearing the cross with Jesus, and remember that His love constrains us to go forward in His will to bless others! As long as Christ is reigning in our hearts, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in our lives as we gladly obey God from a new heart!

"Love for souls for whom Christ died means crucifixion of self. He who is a child of God should henceforth look upon himself as a link in the chain let down to save the world, one with Christ in His plan of mercy, going forth with Him to seek and save the lost. The Christian is ever to realize that he has consecrated himself to God, and that in character he is to reveal Christ to the world. The self-sacrifice, the sympathy, the love, manifested in the life of Christ are to reappear in the life of the worker for God."  {The Desire of Ages, page 417, paragraph 1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2022, 07:59:23 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean and Brother Beacon!  Jesus is coming soon and there shall be no more death, sickness, nor sorrow!! Today we have the privilege of representing our Savior and God. Even when the disciples did not know Jesus was the Lamb that would be slain after suffering for their sins and the sins of the whole world, they still would surrender their hearts to Him as the Holy Spirit rested upon them.

Peter declared, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." He waited not for kingly honors to crown his Lord, but accepted Him in His humiliation.  {DA 411.5}
     Peter had expressed the faith of the twelve. Yet the disciples were still far from understanding Christ's mission. The opposition and misrepresentation of the priests and rulers, while it could not turn them away from Christ, still caused them great perplexity. They did not see their way clearly. The influence of their early training, the teaching of the rabbis, the power of tradition, still intercepted their view of truth. From time to time precious rays of light from Jesus shone upon them, yet often they were like men groping among shadows. But on this day, before they were brought face to face with the great trial of their faith, the Holy Spirit rested upon them in power. For a little time their eyes were turned away from "the things which are seen," to behold "the things which are not seen." 2 Corinthians 4:18. Beneath the guise of humanity they discerned the glory of the Son of God.

This is what God wants for us each day, that we would behold the glory of the Son of God and by beholding His glory we shall be transformed into His image. "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord." 

Beacon

« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2022, 08:11:54 PM »
"Love for souls for whom Christ died means crucifixion of self."

"He who is a child of God should henceforth look upon himself as a link in the chain let down to save the world, one with Christ in His plan of mercy, going forth with Him to seek and save the lost."

"The Christian is ever to realize that he has consecrated himself to God."

"In character he is to reveal Christ to the world.

"The self-sacrifice, the sympathy, the love, manifested in the life of Christ are to reappear in the life of the worker for God."

This is why "WE" are Encouraged to spend at "LEAST" one thoughtful hour per day in Bible Study & Prayer. The Question is?? Are "WE WILLING" to do that?? If not...Which Master "Are WE serving??

=======================

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,.

Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Lyrics:Frances Ridley Havergal (1836-1879)
Music:Henri Abraham Cesar Malan (1787-1864)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2022, 05:06:13 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

What is most valuable? Life--but the life we now have, apart from Christ, will inevitably perish. That is why living for this life only is only a path to death, for we are sinful and cannot save ourselves. But there is hope. We can look to Christ and receive "life...and [life] more abundantly" (John 10:10). Only in complete surrender to the love of Christ will we experience the unique crucifixion to self and resurrection to His righteousness by faith! Only in Him can we become what we really are meant to be, and apart from Him, we are but ebbing out a short earthly existence that will perish. Choose to look to Christ by a living faith surrender and be motivated by the loveliness of His character to become like Him, for in union and communion with Christ all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be manifest, so we can gladly do God's will from the heart!

"Love for souls for whom Christ died means crucifixion of self. He who is a child of God should henceforth look upon himself as a link in the chain let down to save the world, one with Christ in His plan of mercy, going forth with Him to seek and save the lost. The Christian is ever to realize that he has consecrated himself to God, and that in character he is to reveal Christ to the world. The self-sacrifice, the sympathy, the love, manifested in the life of Christ are to reappear in the life of the worker for God."  {The Desire of Ages, page 417, paragraph 1} 

"'Whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for My sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.' Selfishness is death. No organ of the body could live should it confine its service to itself. The heart, failing to send its lifeblood to the hand and the head, would quickly lose its power. As our lifeblood, so is the love of Christ diffused through every part of His mystical body. We are members one of another, and the soul that refuses to impart will perish. And 'what is a man profited,' said Jesus, 'if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?'"  {The Desire of Ages, page 417, paragraph 2}

When we value souls as Jesus does, our entire priority in life shifts from selfish goals that are "what I want" to the greater joy of seeing souls redeemed and realizing that this is what we REALLY want to do (in a truly converted experience)--for nothing else even makes sense this close to the second coming of Jesus! Jesus is coming! Let us die to self through complete surrender to Him and let Him live out His life in us by the Holy Spirit! What a miracle!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2022, 07:42:03 AM »
Amen my dear brothers! It is a hard lesson to learn, but to be partakers in the sufferings of Jesus is the highest honor and the most weighty trust God can give to us.  When we understand, we will glory in our tribulation knowing it will increase our ability to rightly represent Jesus and even more important we will in the midst of the battle reveal the love of God to those whom we are witnesses of the power of God's grace.

It was to Peter a bitter lesson, and one which he learned but slowly, that the path of Christ on earth lay through agony and humiliation. The disciple shrank from fellowship with his Lord in suffering. But in the heat of the furnace fire he was to learn its blessing. Long afterward, when his active form was bowed with the burden of years and labors, he wrote, "Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy." 1 Peter 4:12, 13. 

Beacon

« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2022, 08:28:48 PM »
"The cross was associated with the power of Rome."

"It was the instrument of the most cruel and humiliating form of death."

"The lowest criminals were required to bear the cross to the place of execution; and often as it was about to be laid upon their shoulders, they resisted with desperate violence, until they were overpowered, and the instrument of torture was bound upon them."

"But Jesus bade His followers take up the cross and bear it after Him."

"To the disciples His words, though dimly comprehended, pointed to their submission to the most bitter humiliation,--submission even unto death for the sake of Christ."

"No more complete self-surrender could the Saviour's words have pictured.

"But all this He had accepted for them."

"Jesus did not count heaven a place to be desired while we were lost."

"He left the heavenly courts for a life of reproach and insult, and a death of shame. He who was rich in heaven's priceless treasure, became poor, that through His poverty we might be rich."

The Big question is ......Are "YOU" am " I " Willing to bear " OUR " Cross on His Behalf ??

==================
Nearer, my God, to Thee,
  Nearer to Thee;
E’en though it be a cross
  That raiseth me,
Still all my song shall be
Nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer, my God, to Thee,
  Nearer to Thee.
Though, like a wanderer,
  The sun gone down,
Darkness comes over me,
  My rest a stone;
Yet in my dreams I’d be
Nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer, my God, to Thee,
  Nearer to Thee.
There let me see the sight,
  An open heaven;
All that Thou sendest me,
  In mercy given;
Angels to beckon me
Nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer, my God, to Thee,
  Nearer to Thee.
Then, with my waking thoughts
  Bright with Thy praise,
Out of my stony griefs
  Bethel I’ll raise,
So by my woes to be
Nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer, my God, to Thee,
  Nearer to Thee.

Lyrics:Sarah Fuller Flower Adams (1805-1848)
Music:Lowell Mason (1792-1872)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2022, 07:41:48 AM »
The abundant life is the one yielded to Christ fully, in which we are available fully for His plans, being in Christ a blessing to others! In true conversion, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing as the soul is motivated by love to obey all of God's commandments from the heart!

"'Whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for My sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.' Selfishness is death. No organ of the body could live should it confine its service to itself. The heart, failing to send its lifeblood to the hand and the head, would quickly lose its power. As our lifeblood, so is the love of Christ diffused through every part of His mystical body. We are members one of another, and the soul that refuses to impart will perish. And 'what is a man profited,' said Jesus, 'if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?'" {The Desire of Ages, page 417, paragraph 2}

In light of what Christ paid for us at the cross, the only reasonable service is to surrender all to Him and consent to cooperate with Him daily in His plans of blessing! Joy and gladness flow into a soul where Jesus abides!

Beacon

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2023, 09:21:09 PM »
"Love for souls for whom Christ died means crucifixion of self."

"He who is a child of God should henceforth look upon himself as a link in the chain let down to save the world, one with Christ in His plan of mercy, going forth with Him to seek and save the lost."

"The Christian is ever to realize that he has consecrated himself to God, and that in character he is to reveal Christ to the world."

May our prayer ever be...More about Jesus I would know more His saving Grace to Others Show. How blessed we are,having been invited to be an ambassador for the King of Kings.By God's Grace and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, may we find great joy in His service!

======================
More about Jesus would I know,
More of His grace to others show;
More of His saving fulness see,
More of His love who died for me.
    More, more about Jesus,
More, more about Jesus;
More of His saving fulness see,
  More of His love who died for me.
More about Jesus let me learn,
More of His holy will discern;
Spirit of God my teacher be,