Author Topic: Back to Eden Video - soil  (Read 5487 times)

Dorine

Back to Eden Video - soil
« on: November 16, 2011, 05:08:15 PM »
I came across this website with a film on gardening that is almost 2 hours long but well worth the viewing.

www.backtoedenfilm.com

Scroll down until you see the play button to start the movie. I'd like to know what you think of it.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Back to Eden Video - soil
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 05:42:19 PM »
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Dorine

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 02:24:04 AM »
There's a couple of things I might add here. I was interested in his gardening methods and not his theology or the background music you hear once in awhile.

His opening remarks say that God never had to show up for work that he made the earth self sustaining. NOT! God is very involved in every aspect of this planet every moment of every day. So if you can get past that remark and the music, the information on gardening is very interesting
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 11:11:26 AM »
It is very interesting, indeed! No tilling? No watering? Just a covering of proper materials, topped off with wood chips, does indeed make for great soil. I have evidence of that after I dumped 12 pick-up truck loads of cedar chips on my driveway and front yard area. Beneath is 3-5" of beautiful soil. At the time, I knew it not, but now that I know more about this process, we will do it again in areas proper for a garden!

I ordered the DVD and watched it a few nights ago. Thanks, Dorine.

Dorine

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 02:26:19 PM »
Then I'm happy I shared the link. Does the DVD have more than what the film clip offered?

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 05:24:45 PM »
It is the same in length, therefore I assume it is identical. The HD aspect of the video was more than my 1G internet connection could bear, so I ordered it. There was enough good in the beginning of the presentation to trust in the wisdom of a $15 investment. 

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 03:06:55 PM »
Streaming Video  Back to Eden style gardening streaming video, using chipper truck mulch and other stuff to bypass drought, increase fertility for years, decrease crop rotation needs, improve plant nutritional quality.  Trial garden plots show sucesses and mistakes to learn from . 

warning ..............  long video. 

http://backtoedenfilm.com/   
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 03:32:02 PM »
Paul Gautschi is not SDA, but here you can see the power of nature to open the eyes to the Bible, watch the video, pray for Paul and his whole family to convert to the SDA faith and bring his love for God and God's creation and the Bible and it's teachings with him.

In the video brief glimpses make it look like Paul has trouble walking, damaged legs or back.  Let's all pray for him & his family & the video production folks, and if anyone is nearby in washington state, drop by make friends, let us all know how he and his family are doing.

Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Dorine

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 07:48:57 AM »
Paul Gautschi is not SDA, but here you can see the power of nature to open the eyes to the Bible, watch the video, pray for Paul and his whole family to convert to the SDA faith and bring his love for God and God's creation and the Bible and it's teachings with him.

In the video brief glimpses make it look like Paul has trouble walking, damaged legs or back.  Let's all pray for him & his family & the video production folks, and if anyone is nearby in washington state, drop by make friends, let us all know how he and his family are doing.

Just a comment about Paul's difficulty in walking. It is a neurological problem caused from Agent Orange when he was serving in Vietnam. I heard an interview someone was having with him. I wonder if any Adventists have visited him. He is well versed in the Bible. He certainly doesn't hide his light under a bushel. I have learned much about gardening from watching his DVD.