Author Topic: Welcome! Join With Us as We Read Daily The Desire of Ages  (Read 59875 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: Welcome! Join With Us as We Read Daily The Desire of Ages
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2020, 09:52:53 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine, Brother Richard, and Brother Beacon!

Nothing in the history and unfolding experiences of this world catches God by surprise. Even the rebellion that happened in heaven and the fall of Adam and Eve that has plunged our planet in so much suffering did not catch God off guard. He did not plan for sin to happen, but He foresaw that the freedom granted in relational love (His character) could (and sadly, would) be abused. But He created us because He loved us and He would rather give us freedom than have robots pre-programmed saying "I love you" for eternity. He desires our love to flow back to Him marked by our own individuality, and reflecting the gratitude for who He truly is to us!

The plan for our redemption was not an afterthought, a plan formulated after the fall of Adam. It was a revelation of "the mystery which hath been kept in silence through times eternal." Romans 16:25, R. V. It was an unfolding of the principles that from eternal ages have been the foundation of God's throne. From the beginning, God and Christ knew of the apostasy of Satan, and of the fall of man through the deceptive power of the apostate. God did not ordain that sin should exist, but He foresaw its existence, and made provision to meet the terrible emergency. So great was His love for the world, that He covenanted to give His only-begotten Son, "that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16. 

As to why God lets His people stay in a world of suffering and sorrow--even after the probation of the world closes and the seven last plagues are falling, we can see that trials have a refining influence on God's people even if it does not mean that they will change their minds about continually surrendering the heart fully to Christ. (For walking in true conversion means manifesting all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing while obedience is evident up to all a person knows). We can see Job understood what trials do: "But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold" (Job 23:10). The refining process continues right up to the second coming of Jesus, for the righteous love and pray for those who are persecuting them and seeking to put them to death (showing that their character is safe to take to heaven, as they are living a life ripe like Christ in the most trying circumstances because they love God), and it will also allow the whole universe to see that the wicked who are "fully ripe" (Revelation 14:18) are not going to change and that it is safe for Christ to come in His full glory, which will "destroy [the wicked] with the brightness of His coming" 2 Thessalonians 2:8.

The whole universe will realize the goodness of God in such a final and thorough way that the promise and prophecy given in Nahum 1:9 will be realized: "What do ye imagine against the Lord? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time." It will be safe for ALL CREATED BEINGS to continue to enjoy free will forever with such a marked and final revelation in the closing moments of this world's history of what sin leads to and how thoroughly powerful God's grace and love are to keep His people from falling back into sin when they focus evermore beholding Jesus' loveliness! The genius love of God will be fully seen, who devised a way to save all who desire to be saved but provided a way to remove sin and sinners from ever again polluting the peace and happiness of the universe! Praise to the Lord!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2020, 05:54:31 AM »
God is so genius. Really. Always. Constantly. He takes ALL THE BAD STUFF that the devil intends to use to separate us from Jesus, and then revolutionizes the experience into a song and science whereby through the cross of Christ we are brought into a closer intimacy with God than if the sin and bad stuff had not happened. The only condition for us? Look to Jesus and yield the WHOLE heart to Him!! While we should not intentionally sin (and why would we if we truly love God and know His plan is best?), but if we make mistakes, and as this planet has been plunged into the sin pandemic since Adam and Eve sinned, let us rejoice that Jesus came to bring us into oneness with God!! What a blessedness!!

"The work of redemption will be complete. In the place where sin abounded, God's grace much more abounds. The earth itself, the very field that Satan claims as his, is to be not only ransomed but exalted. Our little world, under the curse of sin the one dark blot in His glorious creation, will be honored above all other worlds in the universe of God. Here, where the Son of God tabernacled in humanity; where the King of glory lived and suffered and died,--here, when He shall make all things new, the tabernacle of God shall be with men, 'and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.' And through endless ages as the redeemed walk in the light of the Lord, they will praise Him for His unspeakable Gift,--Immanuel, 'God with us.'" {The Desire of Ages, page 26, paragraph 3}

God is with you right now. You may not feel Him, but that is where love is experienced BY FAITH! When God says He is with us, we can trust Him and let Him deliver us from all of our sins, heal us into His image, and fill us with all of the fruits of the Spirit so not one is missing! Then because He shows us the definition of the freedom in the universe (Hint: it's the Ten Commandments) we gladly walk in harmony with these declarations of continual dependence upon Jesus in order to do any good thing!! What love is this that we find in Christ! Share it! Sing it! Live it!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2020, 06:52:23 AM »
"It was Satan's purpose to bring about an eternal separation between God and man; but in Christ we become more closely united to God than if we had never fallen. In taking our nature, the Saviour has bound Himself to humanity by a tie that is never to be broken. Through the eternal ages He is linked with us. "God so loved the world, that He gave His only-begotten Son." John 3:16. He gave Him not only to bear our sins, and to die as our sacrifice; He gave Him to the fallen race. To assure us of His immutable counsel of peace, God gave His only-begotten Son to become one of the human family, forever to retain His human nature. This is the pledge that God will fulfill His word."

He who is "holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners," is not ashamed to call us brethren. Hebrews 7:26;  2:11.

"In Christ the family of earth and the family of heaven are bound together. Christ glorified is our brother. Heaven is enshrined in humanity, and humanity is enfolded in the bosom of Infinite Love..."Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder." God has adopted human nature in the person of His Son, and has carried the same into the highest heaven. It is the "Son of man" who shares the throne of the universe. It is the "Son of man" whose name shall be called, "Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6. The I AM is the Daysman between God and humanity, laying His hand upon both."

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:16

Do we really understand, comprehend and appreciate the tremendous LOVE that is stated in this short verse above?...I would encourage all of us to spend more time actually envisioning the counsel meeting which took place just prior to Jesus coming to this earth.

What Great Love the Father and Jesus have bestowed upon each one of us!!! 

Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2020, 08:58:41 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean and Brother Beacon!  What a chapter!! Why did Jesus come to the Earth to dwell with us? Let me share what I shared in Wednesday's Sabbath school lesson.

Wednesday         July 29

The Holy Spirit, the Word, and Witnessing

Why is there life giving power in the Word? Why does faith come by the Word? What is the Word? We have begun reading again the Desire of Ages. In the first chapter we read: "By coming to dwell with us, Jesus was to reveal God both to men and to angels. He was the Word of God,—God’s thought made audible." The Bible says "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us..." John 1:14. This is why there is living power in the Word, it is a revelation of the character of God. As we read the Bible, we learn of God. We cannot trust someone we do not know. When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, we will trust Him with the whole heart, with all we have and all we are.

God with us is a most amazing thing. Jesus left heaven and came to this dark spot in the universe a helpless baby subject the weakness of humanity to fight the battle as each of us have to, at the risk of failure and eternal loss. Such love!!  He came here where Satan claims dominion. Imagine the sorrow and pain that our heavenly Father felt watching His innocent Son suffer at the hands of evil men. Wonder O heavens and be astonished O Earth!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2020, 04:48:12 AM »
"By His humanity, Christ touched humanity; by His divinity, He lays hold upon the throne of God. As the Son of man, He gave us an example of obedience; as the Son of God, He gives us power to obey."

This short statement is powerful. May we keep our eyes on Jesus today. He is our everything.  He is our only connection to God. He is our example in all things and He provides the power to live for Him. May we not try to carry a burden that is not ours to carry. Everyday I need to be reminded of who He is and who I am; what part He plays and what part is mine. He wants our daily surrendered hearts so that in continually looking to Him He will change us into His character.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2020, 05:56:16 AM »
Both the redeemed and the unfallen beings will find in the cross of Christ their science and their song.

It will be seen that the glory shining in the face of Jesus is the glory of self-sacrificing love.

In the light from Calvary it will be seen that the law of self-renouncing love is the law of life for earth and heaven; that the love which "seeketh not her own" has its source in the heart of God; and that in the meek and lowly One is manifested the character of Him who dwelleth in the light which no man can approach unto...But not alone for His earthborn children was this revelation given. Our little world is the lesson book of the universe. God's wonderful purpose of grace, the mystery of redeeming love, is the theme into which "angels desire to look," and it will be their study throughout endless ages.

This morning the words of the hymn - "Jesus Keep Me Near the Cross " come to mind...

Jesus, keep me near the cross,
There a precious fountain—
Free to all, a healing stream—
Flows from Calv’ry’s mountain.

Refrain:
In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever;
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.

Near the cross, a trembling soul,
Love and Mercy found me;
There the bright and morning star
Sheds its beams around me.

Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
Bring its scenes before me;
Help me walk from day to day,
With its shadows o’er me.

Near the cross I’ll watch and wait
Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I reach the golden strand,
Just beyond the river.

May our thoughts be full of praise and thanksgiving today and every day for the "Great Love"  expressed toward each of us through the provision made by our Lord and Saviour - Jesus Christ.

Dorine

« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2020, 06:28:51 AM »
  "Through Christ's redeeming work the government of God stands justified. The Omnipotent One is made known as the God of love. Satan's charges are refuted, and his character unveiled. Rebellion can never again arise. Sin can never again enter the universe. Through eternal ages all are secure from apostasy. By love's self-sacrifice, the inhabitants of earth and heaven are bound to their Creator in bonds of indissoluble union.      The work of redemption will be complete. In the place where sin abounded, God's grace much more abounds. The earth itself, the very field that Satan claims as his, is to be not only ransomed but exalted. Our little world, under the curse of sin the one dark blot in His glorious creation, will be honored above all other worlds in the universe of God. Here, where the Son of God tabernacled in humanity; where the King of glory lived and suffered and died,--here, when He shall make all things new, the tabernacle of God shall be with men, "and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God." And through endless ages as the redeemed walk in the light of the Lord, they will praise Him for His unspeakable Gift,--             Immanuel, "God with us."

Some rambling thoughts from a grateful heart......
As I read this once more my heart fills with joy to know that we are loved beyond anything we can imagine. Why would a perfect God, Creator of all things stoop to become a servant, strip Himself of the glory He had with His Father in heaven, come to a world that hated him, to suffer and die? I do not understand but the more time we spend with Him the more we get to know Him and the more grateful our hearts become and we do not want to ever wound Him again. I look forward with great anticipation to spending eternity with our friend and Saviour. And to think that He wants to settle here in the place that rejected Him and crucified Him. This time though He will tabernacle with the redeemed in a recreated world who will praise and glorify His name forever.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2020, 07:34:23 PM »
Such powerful truth!! What can we say except wonder O heavens and be astonished O Earth!! Herein is true love. Our heavenly Father allowed His innocent Son to come to this dark spot in the universe at the risk of losing Him for eternity.

So great was His love for the world, that He covenanted to give His only-begotten Son, "that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16. 

As Brother Beacon has said, our science and our song!!

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2021, 08:06:57 AM »
By coming to dwell with us, Jesus was to reveal God both to men and to angels. He was the Word of God,--God's thought made audible. In His prayer for His disciples He says, "I have declared unto them Thy name,"--"merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,"--"that the love wherewith Thou hast loved Me may be in them, and I in them." But not alone for His earthborn children was this revelation given. Our little world is the lesson book of the universe. God's wonderful purpose of grace, the mystery of redeeming love, is the theme into which "angels desire to look," and it will be their study throughout endless ages. Both the redeemed and the unfallen beings will find in the cross of Christ their science and their song. It will be seen that the glory shining in the face of Jesus is the glory of self-sacrificing love. In the light from Calvary it will be seen that the law of self-renouncing love is the law of life for earth and heaven; that the love which "seeketh not her own" has its source in the heart of God; and that in the meek and lowly One is manifested the character of Him who dwelleth in the light which no man can approach unto.

What a union we see in this brief description between the Father, Son and us. Today is the first day of the rest of our lives. A new chapter, new convictions, new commitments, new inspiration. I love a clean page. May we not mar it in anyway by taking our eyes off Jesus. As we journey once more through the pages of His life He has new revelations of His love and grace to reveal to each of us. May we be open to the Holy Spirit's leading so that our witness will be true to our Lord.

Beacon

« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2021, 08:28:20 AM »
"Through Christ's redeeming work the government of God stands justified.

The Omnipotent One is made known as the God of love.

Satan's charges are refuted, and his character unveiled. Rebellion can never again arise. Sin can never again enter the universe.
Through eternal ages all are secure from apostasy. By love's self-sacrifice, the inhabitants of earth and heaven are bound to their Creator in bonds of indissoluble union.     

The work of redemption will be complete. In the place where sin abounded, God's grace much more abounds.

The earth itself, the very field that Satan claims as his, is to be not only ransomed but exalted. Our little world, under the curse of sin the one dark blot in His glorious creation, will be honored above all other worlds in the universe of God."

I want to be there - don't you?  May we respond with a thankful heart in a postive way and SHOUT ---THANK YOU JESUS!

Beacon

« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2021, 08:02:33 PM »
"Satan represents God's law of love as a law of selfishness. He declares that it is impossible for us to obey its precepts. The fall of our first parents, with all the woe that has resulted, he charges upon the Creator, leading men to look upon God as the author of sin, and suffering, and death. Jesus was to unveil this deception. As one of us He was to give an example of obedience.
For this He took upon Himself our nature, and passed through our experiences.

'In all things it behooved Him to be made like unto His brethren.' Heb. 2:17. If we had to bear anything which Jesus did not endure, then upon this point Satan would represent the power of God as insufficient for us. Therefore Jesus was 'in all points tempted like as we are.' Heb. 4:15. He endured every trial to which we are subject.

And He exercised in His own behalf no power that is not freely offered to us.

As man, He met temptation, and overcame in the strength given Him from God. He says, 'I delight to do Thy will, O My God: yea, Thy law is within My heart.' Ps. 40:8. As He went about doing good, and healing all who were afflicted by Satan, He made plain to men the character of God's law and the nature of His service.

His life testifies that it is possible for us also to obey the law of God."

Do "WE" really see and appreciate what Jesus has done to freely make heaven open to " ALL " who will receive Him? Let us lift our voices in praise and thanksgiving as it says in Psalm 103:2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2021, 09:55:17 PM »
Amen Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!!   Here in the opening of this most wonderful revelation of God's character we are told what life is all about and who our God is.

Through Christ's redeeming work the government of God stands justified. The Omnipotent One is made known as the God of love. Satan's charges are refuted, and his character unveiled. Rebellion can never again arise. Sin can never again enter the universe. Through eternal ages all are secure from apostasy. By love's self-sacrifice, the inhabitants of earth and heaven are bound to their Creator in bonds of indissoluble union. 

God's government of love wins and the universe will be safe for eternity!!

Philip T

« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2021, 07:53:32 AM »
Christ was treated as we deserve, that we might be treated as He deserves. He was condemned for our sins, in which He had no share, that we might be justified by His righteousness, in which we had no share. He suffered the death which was ours, that we might receive the life which was His. "With His stripes we are healed."
     By His life and His death, Christ has achieved even more than recovery from the ruin wrought through sin. It was Satan's purpose to bring about an eternal separation between God and man; but in Christ we become more closely united to God than if we had never fallen. In taking our nature, the Saviour has bound Himself to humanity by a tie that is never to be broken. Through the eternal ages He is linked with us. "God so loved the world, that He gave His only-begotten Son." John 3:16.

Jesus loved us so much he took on our form, but so much more, treated as we should be, condemned and died for our sins, that we might not suffer the 2nd death, as we take on his sinless life. He has formed an eternal bond with mankind, a tie that will last through all eternity. Jesus demonstrated his love for us, can we not show our love for him and each other by uniting with him, in finishing  His work of love here on earth.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2021, 08:12:13 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine, Brother Beacon, Brother Richard, and Brother Philip!

We simply do not deserve it. God treats us the way we do not deserve through Christ! That is grace! Grace changes the heart that is yielded to Jesus and we can have peace that passes all understanding as we look to His sacrifice and contemplate His eternal promise to restore us fully from sin!

"Christ was treated as we deserve, that we might be treated as He deserves. He was condemned for our sins, in which He had no share, that we might be justified by His righteousness, in which we had no share. He suffered the death which was ours, that we might receive the life which was His. 'With His stripes we are healed.'" {The Desire of Ages, page 25, paragraph 2} 

When how mercifully God treats us really sinks in, we can treat others the way we have been treated by allowing Christ to abide in our hearts, cleansing us from our sin in true repentance, and healing the disorders of our sin-sick souls. We can look by faith to Christ and rejoice in Him forevermore! Then not only will all of the fruits of the Spirit be seen in our lives, but we will be cheerfully obedient to every known statute of God's word and His counsel!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2021, 03:28:31 AM »
Happy Sabbath! Hold on by grace through faith to Jesus, for His grace has power to transform sinners into saints and to keep us from falling! Though the struggles we face in this life are many, because of the incarnation of Christ and the plan of redemption, we have the privilege of getting to be sealed for eternity, and forever with Christ who gave all for us! Let us look to Jesus in His loveliness and yield the whole heart to Him in true repentance so His blood may blot out our sins and all of the fruits of the Spirit may be seen in our lives without one missing!

The work of redemption will be complete. In the place where sin abounded, God's grace much more abounds. The earth itself, the very field that Satan claims as his, is to be not only ransomed but exalted. Our little world, under the curse of sin the one dark blot in His glorious creation, will be honored above all other worlds in the universe of God. Here, where the Son of God tabernacled in humanity; where the King of glory lived and suffered and died,--here, when He shall make all things new, the tabernacle of God shall be with men, "and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God." And through endless ages as the redeemed walk in the light of the Lord, they will praise Him for His unspeakable Gift,--

Immanuel, "God with us."

Let God be with you this entire day, moment-by-moment, to lead you in the path of holiness and faithfulness, and by beholding Christ to become changed into His image more fully each day!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2021, 03:47:05 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean!  What a way to start our new reading cycle!  God is love and it is revealed in this most amazing truth. God allowed His innocent Son to come to this dark spot in the universe a helpless baby subject to the weakness of man to fight the battle of life as we must fight it at the risk of failure and eternal loss!! His grace is the foundation of the plan of salvation. It is the power that transforms sinner into saints today while living in this sin darkened world.

Dorine

« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2021, 04:26:39 AM »
  Christ was treated as we deserve, that we might be treated as He deserves. He was condemned for our sins, in which He had no share, that we might be justified by His righteousness, in which we had no share. He suffered the death which was ours, that we might receive the life which was His. "With His stripes we are healed."     

By His life and His death, Christ has achieved even more than recovery from the ruin wrought through sin. It was Satan's purpose to bring about an eternal separation between God and man; but in Christ we become more closely united to God than if we had never fallen. In taking our nature, the Saviour has bound Himself to humanity by a tie that is never to be broken. Through the eternal ages He is linked with us. "God so loved the world, that He gave His only-begotten Son." John 3:16. He gave Him not only to bear our sins, and to die as our sacrifice; He gave Him to the fallen race. To assure us of His immutable counsel of peace, God gave His only-begotten Son to become one of the human family, forever to retain His human nature.

Knowing and believing these words brings such humbleness and joy of heart. It will never become stagnant and common. It fills our lives with purpose. Because of the grace shown to us we will daily give all that we are to Jesus allowing Him to work in us according to His will. As we receive we will generously share all that we know of our Lord and Saviour to a lost and dying world.

Beacon

« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2021, 08:51:12 AM »
"By His life and His death, Christ has achieved even more than recovery from the ruin wrought through sin. It was Satan's purpose to bring about an eternal separation between God and man; but in Christ we become more closely united to God than if we had never fallen.

"In taking our nature, the Saviour has bound Himself to humanity by a tie that is never to be broken. Through the eternal ages He is linked with us."

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only-begotten Son." John 3:16.

Today Jesus is calling all of us to come to Him. Because He lives we also may live.  He promises to "Cleanse us from All Unrighteousness."

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2021, 05:30:41 AM »
Welcome to our daily reading of The Desire of Ages!   We invite you to share your blessings as you are moved by the Spirit of God while beholding the loveliness of Jesus.

To post your thoughts, it is easy,     E-mail         administrator@remnant-online.com      and you can begin sharing how Jesus is blessing you as you behold His glory. "That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works." Psalm 26:7   

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2021, 07:20:19 AM »
Amen, Brother Richard!! I am so happy I registered to be able to share how lovely Jesus is to me! He is EVERYTHING, and constantly taking us closer to His divine image of infinite love! Please join us in this AMAZING, healing, uplifting journey of beholding Christ, being truly converted, and letting Him shine His love through us! Look to Jesus and live by grace through faith! When we are truly converted, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing as we affectionately obey God's law of love!

"Through Christ's redeeming work the government of God stands justified. The Omnipotent One is made known as the God of love. Satan's charges are refuted, and his character unveiled. Rebellion can never again arise. Sin can never again enter the universe. Through eternal ages all are secure from apostasy. By love's self-sacrifice, the inhabitants of earth and heaven are bound to their Creator in bonds of indissoluble union." {The Desire of Ages, page 26, paragraph 2}   

To be forever bonded to Jesus in marriage is an amazing miracle! We can be so happy for the word of God that promises: "Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion" (Jeremiah 3:14). Will you let Jesus create you anew in His image through the experience of infinite intimacy with Him? When you do, He will do in and through you more than you can ask or think!