Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--84--"Peace Be Unto You"
« Last post by JimB on Today at 05:43:39 AM »
Amen! Dorine and brother Beacon!

Let the repentance of the sinner be accepted by the church with grateful hearts. Let the repenting one be led out from the darkness of unbelief into the light of faith and righteousness. Let his trembling hand be placed in the loving hand of Jesus. Such a remission is ratified in heaven.
     Only in this sense has the church power to absolve the sinner. Remission of sins can be obtained only through the merits of Christ. To no man, to no body of men, is given power to free the soul from guilt. Christ charged His disciples to preach the remission of sins in His name among all nations; but they themselves were not empowered to remove one stain of sin. The name of Jesus is the only "name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12.

What if someone has repeatedly made public profession of coming back to Christ, only to fail again and again? I remember a long while back there was someone like this and once again he studied with the new pastor and was rebaptized. I remember people talking and saying that like before this won't last. But let me tell you this person has long been an active faithful member since then. Makes me think of Mary who Christ cast devils out 7 different times. I'm guessing people would have said similar things about her but what a loving disciple she turned out to be. Let us be careful and patient when dealing with people who have failed in the past.
« Last post by Dorine on Today at 05:38:46 AM »
"The Holy Spirit is the breath of spiritual life in the soul. The impartation of the Spirit is the impartation of the life of Christ. It imbues the receiver with the attributes of Christ. Only those who are thus taught of God, those who possess the inward working of the Spirit, and in whose life the Christ-life is manifested, are to stand as representative men, to minister in behalf of the church."

Amidst the increasing assaults' of the devil from every direction this chapter reminds us that our only defense is in Jesus. And it is amazing but through it all we can have peace and joy and thanksgiving in our hearts that the world does not understand. May our lives never bring confusion to the unbeliever. Our profession must harmonize in thought, word and deed. I am energized this morning once again having spent this time with Jesus and in reading over past posts brings such a blessing to me.
A cold winter night is an excellent time to listen to this wonderful book. Another good time to listen is on your commute to work. This can be accomplished a couple of ways.

One is to download the mp3 files from here... https://librivox.org/author/12414
Then use a mp3 app like Smart Audiobook Player

Or you could simply use Librivox's own app which can be found here... LibriVox Audio Books.
Then search for and play the book.

I apologize to you iOS users as I'm sure this is easily enough done but I don't have enough experience with Apple products to recommend apps. Possibly this... https://apps.apple.com/us/app/librivox-audio-books/id596159212
« Last post by Beacon on May 15, 2024, 08:06:20 PM »
"In His treatment of Thomas, Jesus gave a lesson for His followers."

"His example shows how we should treat those whose faith is weak, and who make their doubts prominent."

"Jesus did not overwhelm Thomas with reproach, nor did He enter into controversy with him."

"He revealed Himself to the doubting one."

"Thomas had been most unreasonable in dictating the conditions of his faith, but, and finds new support."

"Jesus, by His generous love and consideration, broke down all the barriers."

"Unbelief is seldom overcome by controversy."

"It is rather put upon self-defense and excuse."

"But let Jesus, in His love and mercy, be revealed as the crucified Saviour, and from many once unwilling lips will be heard the acknowledgment of Thomas, "My Lord and my God."

Isn't wonderful that Jesus is not willing to give up on us!! Instead of failure He still reaches out to each one of us over and over again. However there does come a time when the door of mercy will be closed and it will be TOO LATE!!  Let "US" ask Ourselves...  Are "WE" fully surrendered to Jesus??
==========================
All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
    I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)
Bread of Life / Re: Truth
« Last post by rahab on May 15, 2024, 06:49:50 PM »

Faith/Trust is the key to unlock the storehouse 🗝️

Bread of Life / Re: A Verse for Today
« Last post by rahab on May 15, 2024, 06:47:52 PM »
    Romans 4:21

And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.       
Amen, Brother Beacon, Brother Jim and Brother Richard!

The love of Jesus woos us and elevates to new heights and depths of character experience in true conversion manifest in all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing that can only be understood by faith! When the disciples grasped who Jesus was as their traveling Companion, their souls could not contain the gladness! So they had to tell others! So let us tell others, too!!

"But with this great news to communicate they cannot sit and talk. Their weariness and hunger are gone. They leave their meal untasted, and full of joy immediately set out again on the same path by which they came, hurrying to tell the tidings to the disciples in the city. In some parts the road is not safe, but they climb over the steep places, slipping on the smooth rocks. They do not see, they do not know, that they have the protection of Him who has traveled the road with them. With their pilgrim staff in hand, they press on, desiring to go faster than they dare. They lose their track, but find it again. Sometimes running, sometimes stumbling, they press forward, their unseen Companion close beside them all the way." {The Desire of Ages, page 801, paragraph 2}   

Jesus is helping us to share with everyone we meet of His loveliness of character! We are God's beloved children and each of us can know Jesus so personally that His plan for our lives will happen! Will you walk the path of life fully trusting Him? It's amazing!!
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--83--The Walk to Emmaus
« Last post by Richard Myers on May 15, 2024, 06:54:06 AM »
Amen my dear brothers!   Why do we put our trust in the Bible? Because it is consistent from Genesis to Revelation. It tells us the story of our Savior how He suffered when He came to  this dark spot in the universe that we might know Him and our heavenly Father. Many believe in "gods" but they know not the true God and His Son Jesus Christ. What truth! What a story to take to a world soon to perish! There are so very many today who are searching for truth. Let us do all we can to find them.

The night is dark, but the Sun of Righteousness is shining upon them. Their hearts leap for joy. They seem to be in a new world. Christ is a living Saviour. They no longer mourn over Him as dead. Christ is risen--over and over again they repeat it. This is the message they are carrying to the sorrowing ones. They must tell them the wonderful story of the walk to Emmaus. They must tell who joined them by the way. They carry the greatest message ever given to the world, a message of glad tidings upon which the hopes of the human family for time and for eternity depend.   

Are we just as excited since we have the very same message! Only we are living in the day when Jesus is about to come!!!
« Last post by JimB on May 15, 2024, 04:43:11 AM »
The miracles of Christ are a proof of His divinity; but a stronger proof that He is the world's Redeemer is found in comparing the prophecies of the Old Testament with the history of the New.

What a statement! Again and again we are pointed to the Bible for the foundation of our salvation. Imagine, you by the study of your Bible and letting the Bible explain itself are experiencing something greater than witnessing one of Christ's miracles! No wonder our loving Savior guarded the Bible through the ages to make sure that people could read it. No wonder He rose up such men as Wycliffe and Tyndale to make sure that the common people could read the Bible.
« Last post by Beacon on May 14, 2024, 09:09:55 PM »
"With this great news to communicate they cannot sit and talk."

"Their weariness and hunger are gone."

"They leave their meal untasted, and full of joy immediately set out again on the same path by which they came, hurrying to tell the tidings to the disciples in the city."

"In some parts the road is not safe, but they climb over the steep places, slipping on the smooth rocks. They do not see, they do not know, that they have the protection of Him who has traveled the road with them. With their pilgrim staff in hand, they press on, desiring to go faster than they dare. They lose their track, but find it again. Sometimes running, sometimes stumbling, they press forward, their unseen Companion close beside them all the way."

"The night is dark, but the Sun of Righteousness is shining upon them."

"Their hearts leap for joy. They seem to be in a new world."

"Christ is a living Saviour."

"They no longer mourn over Him as dead."

"Christ is risen--over and over again they repeat it."

"This is the message they are carrying to the sorrowing ones."

"They must tell them the wonderful story of the walk to Emmaus."

"They must tell who joined them by the way."

"They carry the greatest message ever given to the world, a message of glad tidings upon which the hopes of the human family for time and for eternity depend."

The question is ??? Do "WE" feel that same excitement about the Second Coming of Jesus? or is our attention and time spent on Worldly Things that will Soon Pass Away.??
=======================
Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
  Ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner,
  It must not suffer loss:
From vict’ry unto vict’ry
  His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished
  And Christ is Lord indeed.
    Stand up for Jesus
Ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner,