Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Bread of Life / Re: Truth
« Last post by rahab on July 12, 2024, 03:25:42 PM »
  evil speaking is a two-fold curse,falling more heavily on the speaker 🗣️ than the hearer 👂🏻     🙊🙉
Bread of Life / Re: A Verse for Today
« Last post by rahab on July 12, 2024, 03:22:28 PM »
   Romans 15:13

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.           
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--54--The Good Samaritan
« Last post by Richard Myers on July 12, 2024, 11:31:04 AM »
     All this is but a fulfillment of the principle of the law,--the principle that is illustrated in the story of the good Samaritan, and made manifest in the life of Jesus. His character reveals the true significance of the law, and shows what is meant by loving our neighbor as ourselves. And when the children of God manifest mercy, kindness, and love toward all men, they also are witnessing to the character of the statutes of heaven. They are bearing testimony to the fact that "the law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul." Psalm 19:7. And whoever fails to manifest this love is breaking the law which he professes to revere. For the spirit we manifest toward our brethren declares what is our spirit toward God. The love of God in the heart is the only spring of love toward our neighbor. "If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?" Beloved, "if we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us." 1 John 4:20, 12. 
« Last post by JimB on July 12, 2024, 05:22:15 AM »
Again Jesus refused to be drawn into controversy. He did not denounce the bigotry of those who were watching to condemn Him. But by a simple story He held up before His hearers such a picture of the outflowing of heaven-born love as touched all hearts, and drew from the lawyer a confession of the truth.

This is a hard lesson for some of us (ie...me). Christ rarely directly answered their objections or offenses. He just simply continued sharing the truth. Most people who wish to argue are not looking to be convinced or changed and that is why debating doesn't work. Only the truth and then the Spirit applying the truth to their hearts will work.
« Last post by Beacon on July 11, 2024, 08:46:16 PM »
"Jesus left His glory, to come to our rescue."

"He found us ready to die, and He undertook our case."

"He healed our wounds. He covered us with His robe of righteousness."

"He opened to us a refuge of safety, and made complete provision for us at His own charges."

"Pointing to His own example, He says to His followers, "These things I command you, that ye love one another." "As I have loved you, that ye also love one another." John 15:17; 13:3."

It's not very easy to Love the Unlovely!! However when you think about it....Isn't this the very thing Jesus has done for "US". How then if "WE" claiming to be His Followers do any less for our fellow mankind??

===========================

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
    I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)
Bread of Life / Re: Truth
« Last post by rahab on July 11, 2024, 01:09:49 PM »
  this world is not a parade 🥳 , itís a battlefield 🤺
« Last post by rahab on July 11, 2024, 01:07:41 PM »
   (N)  John 1:9

That was the true Light, [Jesus] which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.           
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--53--The Last Journey From Galilee
« Last post by JimB on July 11, 2024, 05:34:13 AM »
The omnipotent power of the Holy Spirit is the defense of every contrite soul. Not one that in penitence and faith has claimed His protection will Christ permit to pass under the enemy's power. The Saviour is by the side of His tempted and tried ones. With Him there can be no such thing as failure, loss, impossibility, or defeat; we can do all things through Him who strengthens us. When temptations and trials come, do not wait to adjust all the difficulties, but look to Jesus, your helper.

The author and finisher of our faith!
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--53--The Last Journey From Galilee
« Last post by Beacon on July 10, 2024, 08:01:59 PM »
"Every warning, reproof, and entreaty in the word of God or through His messengers is a knock at the door of the heart."

"It is the voice of Jesus asking for entrance."

"With every knock unheeded, the disposition to open becomes weaker."

"The impressions of the Holy Spirit if disregarded today, will not be as strong tomorrow."

"The heart becomes less impressible, and lapses into a perilous unconsciousness of the shortness of life, and of the great eternity beyond."

"Our condemnation in the judgment will not result from the fact that we have been in error, but from the fact that we have neglected heaven-sent opportunities for learning what is truth."

This short post suggests to "ME" that it's time for another Personal Introspection of my own standing with Jesus and I would suggest that "WE" all should participate. I want to be Ready to Meet Jesus --How about you??

==========================
Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
  Ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner,
  It must not suffer loss:
From victíry unto victíry
  His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished
  And Christ is Lord indeed.
    Stand up for Jesus
Ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner,
  It must not, it must not suffer loss.
  The trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict
  In this His glorious day.
Ye that are men, now serve Him
  Against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger.
  And strength to strength oppose.
  Stand in His strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you;
  Ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the Gospel armor,
  And, watching unto prayer,
Where duty calls, or danger,
  Be never wanting there.
  The strife will not be long:
This day the noise of battle,
  The next the victorís song;
To him that overcometh
  A crown of life shall be;
He, with the King of glory,
  Shall reign eternally.

Lyrics:George Duffield (1818-1888)
Music:Adam Geibel (1855-1933)
« Last post by rahab on July 10, 2024, 04:12:53 PM »
   Romans 14:11

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.             
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10