Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard!

Only Christ can fully supply what we need. We need His grace and His forgiveness; we need His healing and provision. Christ offers us much more than we can ask or think. He gives us overcoming power so we can have all of the fruits of the Spirit in our lives without one missing as we surrender all to Christ and let Him lead us in the path of true, affectionate obedience.

"The word of Christ supplied ample provision for the feast. So abundant is the provision of His grace to blot out the iniquities of men, and to renew and sustain the soul." {The Desire of Ages, page 149, paragraph 1}

Christ not only renews us, but keep us by His grace! Let us look away from self to Jesus!!
Amen my brother and sister!  What a joy to know of and to receive His grace daily. Then we have much to share with those who we come in contact with.

Christ is pleased with His followers when they show that, though human, they are partakers of the divine nature. They are not statues, but living men and women. Their hearts, refreshed by the dews of divine grace, open and expand to the Sun of Righteousness. The light that shines upon them they reflect upon others in works that are luminous with the love of Christ. 

Jesus would have us take the hand of others and rather than telling them what to do, show them how we minister to those who know not the Creator of the world.
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--15--At the Marriage Feast
« Last post by Dorine on Today at 06:00:13 AM »
"It was by personal contact and association that Jesus trained His disciples. Sometimes He taught them, sitting among them on the mountainside; sometimes beside the sea, or walking with them by the way, He revealed the mysteries of the kingdom of God. He did not sermonize as men do today. Wherever hearts were open to receive the divine message, He unfolded the truths of the way of salvation. He did not command His disciples to do this or that, but said, "Follow Me." On His journeys through country and cities He took them with Him, that they might see how He taught the people. He linked their interest with His, and they united with Him in the work."

Through God's word and our daily readings we have the privilege of being taught of Jesus just as the disciples were. We are learning the lessons He taught to them. Anywhere there are souls open to the teachings of Jesus we are to minister so that they have an opportunity to answer the call of the Holy Spirit to give their hearts to Christ. We are given the easiest part in the salvation of souls yet Satan successfully convinces many that it is the hardest part causing discouragement and unbelief. We have all of heaven ready to work through us to accomplish Christ's command to take the gospel to the world.  May we trust fully in the  promises of God and encouraged by what we read.
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--15--At the Marriage Feast
« Last post by Beacon on January 16, 2022, 08:22:16 PM »
"The gifts of Jesus are ever fresh and new."

"The feast that He provides for the soul never fails to give satisfaction and joy."

"Each new gift increases the capacity of the receiver to appreciate and enjoy the blessings of the Lord."

"There can be no failure of supply. If you abide in Him."

Today Jesus is saying to each of us.. Freely ye have received, freely give."  Matthew 10:8

Come, every soul by sin oppressed,
  There’s mercy with the Lord;
And He will surely give you rest
  By trusting in His Word.
    Only trust Him! Only trust Him!
  Only trust Him now!
He will save you! He will save you!
    He will save you now!
For Jesus shed His precious blood
  Rich blessings to bestow;
Plunge now into the crimson flood
  That washeth white as snow.
Yes, Jesus is the Truth, the Way,
  That leads you into rest;
Believe in Him without delay,
  And you are fully blest.
Come then, and join the holy band,
  And on to glory go;
In Christ’s redemption take your stand,
  And all His goodness know.

Lyrics & Music: John Hart Stockton (1813-1877)

The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--14--We Have Found the Messias
« Last post by Richard Myers on January 16, 2022, 05:12:58 PM »
Amen my dear brothers!!  We don't have to persuade those who love the Lord our God  to tell others of His love, when born of the Spirit, they want to tell others what they have discovered. And, their demeanor and words are seen to be truth to those who are seeking truth. It is also interesting to understand that those who love the Lord our God, will see and hear what others do not see nor hear, as it was at the baptism of Jesus.

Many of those gathered at the Jordan had been present at the baptism of Jesus; but the sign then given had been manifest to but few among them. During the preceding months of the Baptist's ministry, many had refused to heed the call to repentance. Thus they had hardened their hearts and darkened their understanding. When Heaven bore testimony to Jesus at His baptism, they perceived it not. Eyes that had never been turned in faith to Him that is invisible beheld not the revelation of the glory of God; ears that had never listened to His voice heard not the words of witness. So it is now. Often the presence of Christ and the ministering angels is manifest in the assemblies of the people, and yet there are many who know it not. They discern nothing unusual. But to some the Saviour's presence is revealed. Peace and joy animate their hearts. They are comforted, encouraged, and blessed. 
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

By beholding the loveliness of Jesus and becoming like Him, for by beholding we become changed, our lives will have an influence on others as we point them to the One who gave all for us. As our characters reflect all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we choose to be vitally connected to Christ in true conversion, we are empowered through Christ to obey the law of God from the new heart He gives us!

"The teaching of Christ was the expression of an inwrought conviction and experience, and those who learn of Him become teachers after the divine order. The word of God, spoken by one who is himself sanctified through it, has a life-giving power that makes it attractive to the hearers, and convicts them that it is a living reality. When one has received the truth in the love of it, he will make this manifest in the persuasion of his manner and the tones of his voice. He makes known that which he himself has heard, seen, and handled of the word of life, that others may have fellowship with him through the knowledge of Christ. His testimony, from lips touched with a live coal from off the altar, is truth to the receptive heart, and works sanctification upon the character." {The Desire of Ages, page 142, paragraph 1}

So it may be with us. What a blessing to go forth as witnesses like Christ! He is able to do more than we ask or think by the power of the Holy Spirit!
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--14--We Have Found the Messias
« Last post by Beacon on January 15, 2022, 08:11:26 PM »
"In the very family, the neighborhood, the town, where we live, there is work for us to do as missionaries for Christ."

"If we are Christians, this work will be our delight."

"No sooner is one converted than there is born within him a desire to make known to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus."

"The saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart."

"All who are consecrated to God will be channels of light."

We are "ALL" called to be active laboring laborers for Jesus - Are we willing to say.. Here am I send me?

Hark! the voice of Jesus calling,
“Who will go and work today?
Fields are white, the harvest waiting,
Who will bear the sheaves away?”
Loud and long the Master calleth,
Rich reward He offers free;
Who will answer, gladly saying,
“Here am I, O Lord, send me”?

If you cannot cross the ocean
And the heathen lands explore,
You can find the heathen nearer,
You can help them at your door;
If you cannot speak like angels,
If you cannot preach like Paul,
You can tell the love of Jesus,
You can say He died for all.

If you cannot be the watchman,
Standing high on Zion’s wall,
Pointing out the path to heaven,
Offering life and peace to all;
With your prayers and with your bounties
You can do what Heaven demands,
You can be like faithful Aaron,
Holding up the prophet’s hands.

While the souls of men are dying,
And the Master calls for you,
Let none hear you idly saying,
“There is nothing I can do!”
Gladly take the task He gives you,
Let His work your pleasure be;
Answer quickly when He calleth,
“Here am I, O Lord, send me.”

Words & Music by Daniel March & F.E. Belden

The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--13--The Victory
« Last post by Dorine on January 15, 2022, 09:59:47 AM »
"Never can the cost of our redemption be realized until the redeemed shall stand with the Redeemer before the throne of God. Then as the glories of the eternal home burst upon our enraptured senses we shall remember that Jesus left all this for us, that He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss. Then we shall cast our crowns at His feet, and raise the song, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12.   

What a day to look forward to. We see only dimly now but then we will be thrilled with awe and wonder at the wonderful sacrifice of our dear Savior for each one of us. I love to dwell upon the scene of the redeemed in heaven. It becomes more real to me with each passing day.
« Last post by Pastor Sean Brizendine on January 15, 2022, 04:00:27 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

Happy Sabbath!!! Praise the Lord for Jesus’ victory for us—at a cost we can never fully comprehend until we are in heaven by His grace!!

“Never can the cost of our redemption be realized until the redeemed shall stand with the Redeemer before the throne of God. Then as the glories of the eternal home burst upon our enraptured senses we shall remember that Jesus left all this for us, that He not only became an exile from the heavenly courts, but for us took the risk of failure and eternal loss. Then we shall cast our crowns at His feet, and raise the song, ‘Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.’ Revelation 5:12.” {The Desire of Ages, page 131, paragraph 2}

As he humble faith whole-heart surrrbder we let Jesus live His life through us, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest through our lives without one missing as we affectionately obey God from the heart He renews by His grace!
« Last post by Beacon on January 14, 2022, 08:08:43 PM »
"No outward observances can take the place of simple faith and entire renunciation of self."

"But no man can empty himself of self. We can only consent for Christ to accomplish the work.

Then the language of the soul will be...

"Lord, take my heart; for I cannot give it.It is Thy property. Keep it pure, for I cannot keep it for Thee.

"Save me in spite of myself, my weak, Un-Christ like self."

:Mold me, fashion me, raise me into a pure and holy atmosphere, where the rich current of Thy love can flow through my soul."

There are many today who are saying that it looks like God's Remnant Church is going to fail!! But I choose to believe otherwise. I believe " This is going to be our finest hour because God told us through His Messenger to the Remnant Church..."

"That work of the church will close in a blaze of glory."

"What a privilege to be part of the closing scenes of the Battle Between Good & Evil. Keep looking up, fully surrendered to Jesus and someday soon we will hear the words " Well Done " . May the words of this song below be our prayer.

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
    I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10