Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
"Before the foundations of the earth were laid, the Father and the Son had united in a covenant to redeem man if he should be overcome by Satan."

"They had clasped Their hands in a solemn pledge that Christ should become the surety if man failed."

"This pledge Christ has fulfilled."

"When upon the cross He cried out, "It is finished," He addressed the Father. The compact had been fully carried out. Now He declares: Father, it is finished. I have done Thy will, O My God. I have completed the work of redemption. If Thy justice is satisfied, "I will that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am." John 19:30; 17:24."

"The voice of God is heard proclaiming that justice is satisfied. Satan is vanquished."

"Christ's toiling, struggling ones on earth are "accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:6. Before the heavenly angels and the representatives of unfallen worlds, they are declared justified. "

"Where He is, there His church shall be."
"Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other." Psalm 85:10."

"The Father's arms encircle His Son, and the word is given, "Let all the angels of God worship Him." Hebrews 1:6."

Are "WE" willing to join with the angels of God and praise His Holy Name??

========================

Alas! and did my Savior bleed?
  And did my Sov’reign die,
Would He devote that sacred head
  For such a worm as I?
Was it for sins that I had done
  He groaned upon the tree?
Amazing pity! grace unknown!
  And love beyond degree!
Well might the sun in darkness hide,
  And shut his glories in,
When the incarnate Maker died
  For man, His creature’s sin.
Thus might I hide my blushing face
  While His dear cross appears
Dissolve my heart in thankfulness,
  And melt mine eyes to tears.
But drops of grief can ne’er repay
  The debt of love I owe;
Here Lord, I give myself away:
  ’Tis all that I can do.

Lyrics:Isaac Watts (1674-1748)
Music:Hugh Wilson (1766-1824)

Bread of Life / Re: Small unpublished books of the bible
« Last post by rahab on Today at 02:58:29 PM »
“Dangers of Seeking the Unknown”

by King Saul
Bread of Life / Re: A Verse for Today
« Last post by rahab on Today at 02:56:03 PM »
  John 6:56

He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
Amen my dear brothers!   Jesus has made it clear why we are left in this wicked world! It is for His glory that we manifest His character in loving even our enemy. And it is for our good also that we grow in His grace. While this is indeed the purpose of today's reading, I cannot but share this:

In the Saviour's manner of healing there were lessons for His disciples. On one occasion He anointed the eyes of a blind man with clay, and bade him, "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam. . . . He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing." John 9:7. The cure could be wrought only by the power of the Great Healer, yet Christ made use of the simple agencies of nature. While He did not give countenance to drug medication, He sanctioned the use of simple and natural remedies.

The health message is the "right arm" of the gospel message. Before we plant Seed, we need to til the garden. Yes, we need to at times not til the soil. But we understand the spiritual lesson. We are to develop relationships with those who are open to the truth, then share the Word. Has God not given us simple and natural remedies. We will not trust them if we do not trust Him with all we have and all we are. Many others and I can testify that God does indeed heal and we trust His using natural remedies to do so. We need to keep in mind that it is He who heals the sick and raises the dead.
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Let Christ be all He is able to be in your life!

"In Christ is the tenderness of the shepherd, the affection of the parent, and the matchless grace of the compassionate Saviour. His blessings He presents in the most alluring terms. He is not content merely to announce these blessings; He presents them in the most attractive way, to excite a desire to possess them. So His servants are to present the riches of the glory of the unspeakable Gift. The wonderful love of Christ will melt and subdue hearts, when the mere reiteration of doctrines would accomplish nothing. 'Comfort ye, comfort ye My people, saith your God.' 'O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God! ... He shall feed His flock like a shepherd: He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom.' Isaiah 40:1, 9-11. Tell the people of Him who is 'the Chiefest among ten thousand,' and the One 'altogether lovely.' The Song of Solomon 5:10, 16. Words alone cannot tell it. Let it be reflected in the character and manifested in the life. Christ is sitting for His portrait in every disciple. Every one God has predestinated to be 'conformed to the image of His Son.' Romans 8:29. In every one Christ's long-suffering love, His holiness, meekness, mercy, and truth are to be manifested to the world." {The Desire of Ages, page 826, paragraph 3} 

As we surrender fully to Christ, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing flow through us to bless others as we walk in true obedience to all of God's commandments up to the light He has shown us! Praise God for the victory of godly character offered us in Jesus by constant union and communion with Him!
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--86--Go Teach All Nations
« Last post by Beacon on February 20, 2024, 08:13:45 PM »
"The wonderful love of Christ will melt and subdue hearts, when the mere reiteration of doctrines would accomplish nothing."

"Comfort ye, comfort ye My people, saith your God."
"O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God! . . . He shall feed His flock like a shepherd: He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom. Isaiah 40:1, 9-11."

Here we see the Gospel Commission expressed in words of Subline Invitation-Hope & Great Comfort. Are "WE"  willing to be active agents of Great News for Jesus?? If "NOT WHY NOT"

========================
Living for Jesus a life that is true,
Striving to please Him in all that I do;
Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free,
This is the pathway of blessing for me.
    O Jesus, Lord and Savior,
I give myself to Thee,
For Thou, in Thy [redemption],*
Didst give Thyself for me;
I own no other Master,
My heart shall be Thy throne,
My life I give, henceforth to live,
O Christ, for Thee alone.
Living for Jesus who died in my place,
Bearing on Calv’ry my sin and disgrace;
Such love constrains me to answer His call,
Follow His leading and give Him my all.
Living for Jesus wherever I am,
Doing each duty in His holy name;
Willing to suffer affliction and loss,
Deeming each trial a part of my cross.
Living for Jesus through earth’s little while,
My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;
Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,
Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.

Lyrics:Thomas Obediah Chisholm (1866-1960)
Music:Carl Harold Lowden (1883-1963)

Bread of Life / Re: Small unpublished books of the bible
« Last post by rahab on February 20, 2024, 12:57:53 PM »
“What happens when you listen to your wife”

by Abraham & Ahab
Bread of Life / Re: A Verse for Today
« Last post by rahab on February 20, 2024, 12:55:18 PM »
(N). Micah 7:18

Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--85--By the Sea Once More
« Last post by Richard Myers on February 20, 2024, 09:07:48 AM »
Amen my dear friends! So many lessons in today's reading! What was on the mind of Jesus in asking them to meet Him? They had betrayed Him and He wanted them to know that not only did He still love them, but the work He had entrusted to them before His death, was still entrusted to them. He had forgiven them and would provide all they needed if they would remain faithful. As long as they were connected with Jesus, as long as they were partakers of His divine nature, they would succeed in doing the work entrusted to them. And to Peter, He gave him the opportunity to reveal to the other disciples that he was truly repentant of his great sin, and Jesus had restored him to the ministry.

Vividly they recalled the scene beside the sea when Jesus had bidden them follow Him. They remembered how, at His command, they had launched out into the deep, and had let down their net, and the catch had been so abundant as to fill the net, even to breaking. Then Jesus had called them to leave their fishing boats, and had promised to make them fishers of men. It was to bring this scene to their minds, and to deepen its impression, that He had again performed the miracle. His act was a renewal of the commission to the disciples. It showed them that the death of their Master had not lessened their obligation to do the work He had assigned them. Though they were to be deprived of His personal companionship, and of the means of support by their former employment, the risen Saviour would still have a care for them. While they were doing His work, He would provide for their needs. And Jesus had a purpose in bidding them cast their net on the right side of the ship. On that side He stood upon the shore. That was the side of faith. If they labored in connection with Him,--His divine power combining with their human effort,--they could not fail of success. 

The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--85--By the Sea Once More
« Last post by Dorine on February 20, 2024, 05:30:58 AM »
"How many today are like Peter! They are interested in the affairs of others, and anxious to know their duty, while they are in danger of neglecting their own. It is our work to look to Christ and follow Him. We shall see mistakes in the lives of others, and defects in their character. Humanity is encompassed with infirmity. But in Christ we shall find perfection. Beholding Him, we shall become transformed."

Here is counsel we must take to heart everyday that our characters will be transformed into the image of God. God's love is longsuffering and gentle but He doesn't condone evil traits of character in anyone. We cannot justify sin by saying, "I am only human." That is the same as saying God is a liar and the devil has more power than Christ. The change that took place in Peter is proof of that transforming power that only comes by a total surrender to Christ.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10