Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Bread of Life / Re: Truth
« Last post by rahab on April 11, 2024, 02:31:28 PM »

Perseverance in prayer has been made a condition of receiving

Bread of Life / Re: A Verse for Today
« Last post by rahab on April 11, 2024, 02:29:27 PM »
John 15:11

These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.     
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--49--At the Feast of Tabernacles
« Last post by Richard Myers on April 11, 2024, 01:58:03 PM »
Amen my dear brothers and sister!  Nothing but the "living water" will give us love, peace, and joy. We remember the transformation of the woman at the well when she received the living water. The great joy in her life was to give that living water to all who were seeking the Truth. So it today. Many, so very many are seeking the Truth.

As Jesus thus spoke to the people, their hearts thrilled with a strange awe, and many were ready to exclaim, with the woman of Samaria, "Give me this water, that I thirst not." John 4:15.
     Jesus knew the wants of the soul. Pomp, riches, and honor cannot satisfy the heart. "If any man thirst, let him come unto Me." The rich, the poor, the high, the low, are alike welcome. He promises to relieve the burdened mind, to comfort the sorrowing, and to give hope to the despondent. Many of those who heard Jesus were mourners over disappointed hopes, many were nourishing a secret grief, many were seeking to satisfy their restless longing with the things of the world and the praise of men; but when all was gained, they found that they had toiled only to reach a broken cistern, from which they could not quench their thirst. Amid the glitter of the joyous scene they stood, dissatisfied and sad. That sudden cry, "If any man thirst," startled them from their sorrowful meditation, and as they listened to the words that followed, their minds kindled with a new hope. The Holy Spirit presented the symbol before them until they saw in it the offer of the priceless gift of salvation.
     The cry of Christ to the thirsty soul is still going forth, and it appeals to us with even greater power than to those who heard it in the temple on that last day of the feast. The fountain is open for all. The weary and exhausted ones are offered the refreshing draught of eternal life. Jesus is still crying, "If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink." "Let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." Revelation 22:17; John 4:14.
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

Are you willing to let it go? Let go of what? Anything that is keeping you from finding your deepest, true soul satisfaction in thorough conversion to Christ in His word by the Holy Spirit. When we let go of whatever was getting in the way of Christ, we become partakers of the divine nature by surrendering the heart, mind and will fully to Him so He can fill us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we are empowered to obey God up to the light He has given us by the inspired truth of the word and the Spirit of Prophecy! Look up to Jesus! Let Him satisfy you so deeply that whatever gifts and blessings He has for you will not eclipse the light of His countenance from your character building experience! Let His mind be in you, so whatever trials and difficulties you face only become more cause for rejoicing, choosing to "count it all joy" (James 1:2) because nothing of the world can make you sad when you abide in Him!! Let no sin, no fear, no doubt mar the beautiful faith that works by love and purifies the soul from leading you to drink so deeply of the living water of the grace of Christ that you are moved by His infinite love to share the everlasting gospel with the world!!

"Jesus knew the wants of the soul. Pomp, riches, and honor cannot satisfy the heart. 'If any man thirst, let him come unto Me.' The rich, the poor, the high, the low, are alike welcome. He promises to relieve the burdened mind, to comfort the sorrowing, and to give hope to the despondent. Many of those who heard Jesus were mourners over disappointed hopes, many were nourishing a secret grief, many were seeking to satisfy their restless longing with the things of the world and the praise of men; but when all was gained, they found that they had toiled only to reach a broken cistern, from which they could not quench their thirst. Amid the glitter of the joyous scene they stood, dissatisfied and sad. That sudden cry, 'If any man thirst,' startled them from their sorrowful meditation, and as they listened to the words that followed, their minds kindled with a new hope. The Holy Spirit presented the symbol before them until they saw in it the offer of the priceless gift of salvation." {The Desire of Ages, page 454, paragraph 2}

When the received experience of the priceless gift of salvation matters more to you than any earthly thing, you allow God to bless your life and minister through your life in ways that are beyond your highest expectations--because "God worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13)! All glory to God!!
« Last post by Dorine on April 11, 2024, 06:17:04 AM »
"Jesus knew the wants of the soul. Pomp, riches, and honor cannot satisfy the heart. "If any man thirst, let him come unto Me." The rich, the poor, the high, the low, are alike welcome. He promises to relieve the burdened mind, to comfort the sorrowing, and to give hope to the despondent. Many of those who heard Jesus were mourners over disappointed hopes, many were nourishing a secret grief, many were seeking to satisfy their restless longing with the things of the world and the praise of men; but when all was gained, they found that they had toiled only to reach a broken cistern, from which they could not quench their thirst. Amid the glitter of the joyous scene they stood, dissatisfied and sad. That sudden cry, "If any man thirst," startled them from their sorrowful meditation, and as they listened to the words that followed, their minds kindled with a new hope. The Holy Spirit presented the symbol before them until they saw in it the offer of the priceless gift of salvation."

Have you ever been so thirsty that nothing you drank would quench your thirst except clear pure water? I remember as a very young person going to a big exhibition with my girlfriend where thousands of people were filling the grounds. Toilets were overflowing, water was not safe to drink, the sun was scorching hot and I was feeling ill. I had a small amount of money with me and found a booth that was selling pure squeezed orange juice. 50 cents for a quart. My favorite drink. I was so happy and it felt so good going down. When I finished it I felt no different than before. In fact I felt even more thirsty. I went back to the booth and purchased another one. I Downed that one but now was feeling terribly ill. I ended up with sun stroke and dehydration and a trip to the Dr. I couldn't wait to get home to get some water. That is the only thing that would quench my thirst and bring relief to my condition. That's what it is like in our spiritual lives. We long to fulfill the longings of our heart by things that are pleasing to us. Only through Jesus can we find the deep thirsting of our heart quenched.
« Last post by Beacon on April 10, 2024, 09:21:01 PM »
"Those that are not reading and studying today will not receive that power to understand or appreciate it."

"We must walk it, talk it, and live it by a determined, prayerful and humble effort to know the Jesus of the bible."

"Too many today have invented another Jesus that accepts us as we are but leaves us there."

"No wonder they find no power in the gospel of the bible."

"No wonder so many sermons we are hearing are warm fuzzies and fluff."

"May our testimony tell that our Saviour and friend, the Jesus of the bible takes us from where we are but by His grace does not leave us there and is daily transforming us into a new creature, into the character of God."

Are "WE" taking the Time on a Daily Basis to Meet with Him??

======================
Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Lyrics:Frances Ridley Havergal (1836-1879)
Music:Henri Abraham Cesar Malan (1787-1864)
Bread of Life / Re: Truth
« Last post by rahab on April 10, 2024, 06:25:25 PM »

Pride feels no need   

Bread of Life / Re: Small unpublished books of the bible
« Last post by rahab on April 10, 2024, 06:24:17 PM »

To tell the truth

by Tamar

Bread of Life / Re: A Verse for Today
« Last post by rahab on April 10, 2024, 06:23:04 PM »
  (N)  1 Samuel 2:30

Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.   
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--48--Who Is the Greatest?
« Last post by Richard Myers on April 10, 2024, 02:44:56 PM »
Amen my dear friends. The strong are to bear with the infirmities of the weak (Romans 5:1).

But it is to the wrongdoer himself that we are to present the wrong. We are not to make it a matter of comment and criticism among ourselves; nor even after it is told to the church, are we at liberty to repeat it to others. A knowledge of the faults of Christians will be only a cause of stumbling to the unbelieving world; and by dwelling upon these things, we ourselves can receive only harm; for it is by beholding that we become changed. While we seek to correct the errors of a brother, the Spirit of Christ will lead us to shield him, as far as possible, from the criticism of even his own brethren, and how much more from the censure of the unbelieving world. We ourselves are erring, and need Christ’s pity and forgiveness, and just as we wish Him to deal with us, He bids us deal with one another.

Am writing a newsletter and it is entitled The Patience of the Saints. And the foundation of the message is Romans 5:1.  If we have been blessed by the patience God has shown to us, then do we not want to do the same? Yes, if filled with the Holy Spirit we will be patient with others. As we read here, that does not mean we do not seek to correct the errors or sins of a brother or sister. The influence we have with others will  be seen in all we do. May it be an example of what Jesus would do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10