Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
    Philip entered into no controversy. He said, "Come and see. Jesus saw Nathanael coming to Him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!" In surprise Nathanael exclaimed, "Whence knowest Thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee."
     It was enough. The divine Spirit that had borne witness to Nathanael in his solitary prayer under the fig tree now spoke to him in the words of Jesus. Though in doubt, and yielding somewhat to prejudice, Nathanael had come to Christ with an honest desire for truth, and now his desire was met. His faith went beyond that of the one who had brought him to Jesus. He answered and said, "Rabbi, Thou art the Son of God; Thou art the King of Israel."
    If Nathanael had trusted to the rabbis for guidance, he would never have found Jesus. It was by seeing and judging for himself that he became a disciple. So in the case of many today whom prejudice withholds from good. How different would be the result if they would "come and see"!
    While they trust to the guidance of human authority, none will come to a saving knowledge of the truth. Like Nathanael, we need to study God's word for ourselves, and pray for the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit. He who saw Nathanael under the fig tree will see us in the secret place of prayer. Angels from the world of light are near to those who in humility seek for divine guidance.

This chapter was full of wonderful truths, it struck me in these paragraphs that we need to study the scripture and pray for the leading of the Holy Spirit, letting go of the preconceived ideas we have of Christ, and surrender to Him as we find new truths. Just as the preconceived ideas of the Jewish nation prevented many from seeing Jesus was the Messiah so preconceived ideas of Christ can block us from seeing Christ clearly.
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!!

What do the angels bring us in their ministry in connection with Christ by the Holy Spirit?

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man" (John 1:51)

"Here Christ virtually says, On the bank of the Jordan the heavens were opened, and the Spirit descended like a dove upon Me. That scene was but a token that I am the Son of God. If you believe on Me as such, your faith shall be quickened. You shall see that the heavens are opened, and are never to be closed. I have opened them to you. The angels of God are ascending, bearing the prayers of the needy and distressed to the Father above, and descending, bringing blessing and hope, courage, help, and life, to the children of men." {The Desire of Ages, page 142, paragraph 4} 

As the angels help us, let us cooperate with their ministry and surrender fully to Jesus so all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be manifest in our lives as we are empowered to obey God from the new heart and live up to the light He has revealed to us! Jesus is coming again and He will come with all His holy angels!
Amen dear brother!! We are to be transmission of His grace!!

The teaching of Christ was the expression of an inwrought conviction and experience, and those who learn of Him become teachers after the divine order. The word of God, spoken by one who is himself sanctified through it, has a life-giving power that makes it attractive to the hearers, and convicts them that it is a living reality. When one has received the truth in the love of it, he will make this manifest in the persuasion of his manner and the tones of his voice. He makes known that which he himself has heard, seen, and handled of the word of life, that others may have fellowship with him through the knowledge of Christ. His testimony, from lips touched with a live coal from off the altar, is truth to the receptive heart, and works sanctification upon the character.
     And he who seeks to give light to others will himself be blessed. "There shall be showers of blessing." "He that watereth shall be watered also himself." Proverbs 11:25. God could have reached His object in saving sinners without our aid; but in order for us to develop a character like Christ's, we must share in His work. In order to enter into His joy,--the joy of seeing souls redeemed by His sacrifice,--we must participate in His labors for their redemption. 
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--14--We Have Found the Messias
« Last post by Beacon on October 03, 2022, 08:08:37 PM »
"Many have gone down to ruin who might have been saved if their neighbors, common men and women, had put forth personal effort for them."

"Many are waiting to be personally addressed."

"In the very family,the neighborhood, the town,where we live, there is work for us to do as missionaries for Christ."

"No sooner is one converted than there is born within him a desire to make known to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus."

"The saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart."

"All who are consecrated to God will be channels of light."

"God makes them His agents to communicate to others the riches of His grace."

Is it "YOUR DESIRE"  to be an agent of Saving Grace ? God wants / needs us! He has promised to NEVER LEAVE US OR FORSAKE US!!  He will empower us to do His bidding. Will join with me in saying YES to His Call??

====================

Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
  Ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner,
  It must not suffer loss:
From vict’ry unto vict’ry
  His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished
  And Christ is Lord indeed.
    Stand up for Jesus
Ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner,
  It must not, it must not suffer loss.
  The trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict
  In this His glorious day.
Ye that are men, now serve Him
  Against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger.
  And strength to strength oppose.
  Stand in His strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you;
  Ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the Gospel armor,
  And, watching unto prayer,
Where duty calls, or danger,
  Be never wanting there.
  The strife will not be long:
This day the noise of battle,
  The next the victor’s song;
To him that overcometh
  A crown of life shall be;
He, with the King of glory,
  Shall reign eternally.

Lyrics:George Duffield (1818-1888)
Music:Adam Geibel (1855-1933)

The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--12--The Temptation
« Last post by Richard Myers on October 03, 2022, 01:46:16 PM »
Amen my dear brothers!! It is perfection of Christian character that God will impart to us today if we will become partakers of His divine nature (full heart surrender that allows the Holy Spirit to take possession of the heart).

In the last great conflict of the controversy with Satan those who are loyal to God will see every earthly support cut off. Because they refuse to break His law in obedience to earthly powers, they will be forbidden to buy or sell. It will finally be decreed that they shall be put to death. See Revelation 13:11-17. But to the obedient is given the promise, "He shall dwell on high: his place of defense shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure." Isaiah 33:16. By this promise the children of God will live. When the earth shall be wasted with famine, they shall be fed. "They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied." Psalm 37:19. To that time of distress the prophet Habakkuk looked forward, and his words express the faith of the church: "Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation." Habakkuk 3:17, 18.   

This does not come by God waving a wand, but rather through the habit developed by the power of God, the habit of obedience in spite of hard trials with great temptations. It is character that Christ is wanting to develop in you and me today. We are being sanctified by obeying God in all things. At conversion we are sanctified, but it does not end at conversion. Sanctification is the work of God in us. He enables us to obey and thus the character is made stronger and stronger. It was that way with Christ and so it is with us. The decisions we make today are either creating habits of obedience or disobedience. We make the decision as to where we end up, heaven or hell. Eternal life with Jesus in a world without sin, or eternal death after suffering punishment by fire for each and every sin. Satan is working as hard as he can to cause us to be destroyed. Selfishness desires company. But, God has better plans for you and for me. Praise God for His love and great Sacrifice that we might live!!
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--13--The Victory
« Last post by Richard Myers on October 03, 2022, 01:35:00 PM »
Amen my dear friends! So important are the lessons we learn daily. Brother Philip was impressed as was I. We are not to venture onto Satan's ground, but when we end up facing him face to face, then we can claim that most precious promise that God will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can bear. As our brother has shared it is not only for God's glory, as the love of God is shed abroad as we reveal that love, but for our good also. Jesus learned obedience through what He suffered  (Hebrews 5:8), so are we to learn obedience by the things we suffer. See Romans 5:3-5.

Often when Satan has failed of exciting distrust, he succeeds in leading us to presumption. If he can cause us to place ourselves unnecessarily in the way of temptation, he knows that the victory is his. God will preserve all who walk in the path of obedience; but to depart from it is to venture on Satan's ground. There we are sure to fall. The Saviour has bidden us, "Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation." Mark 14:38. Meditation and prayer would keep us from rushing unbidden into the way of danger, and thus we should be saved from many a defeat.  {DA 126.2}
     Yet we should not lose courage when assailed by temptation. Often when placed in a trying situation we doubt that the Spirit of God has been leading us. But it was the Spirit's leading that brought Jesus into the wilderness to be tempted by Satan. When God brings us into trial, He has a purpose to accomplish for our good. Jesus did not presume on God's promises by going unbidden into temptation, neither did He give up to despondency when temptation came upon Him. Nor should we. "God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." He says, "Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the Most High: and call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me." 1 Corinthians 10:13; Psalm 50:14, 15.  {DA 126.3}
« Last post by Philip T on October 03, 2022, 09:07:03 AM »
    Yet we should not lose courage when assailed by temptation. Often when placed in a trying situation we doubt that the Spirit of God has been leading us. But it was the Spirit's leading that brought Jesus into the wilderness to be tempted by Satan. When God brings us into trial, He has a purpose to accomplish for our good. Jesus did not presume on God's promises by going unbidden into temptation, neither did He give up to despondency when temptation came upon Him. Nor should we. "God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." He says, "Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the Most High: and call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me." 1 Corinthians 10:13; Psalm 50:14, 15.  {DA 126.3}

God through the Holy Spirit may lead us in areas of trial, this is to strengthen our faith and develop our character, he left the promise and truth for us to claim that he would leave us a way out, a way to victory through faith in Him. That way is through prayer and the study of His word. He laid out a blueprint of how Satan goes about tempting us to fall ins Psalms 1:1-2, And they way out, turn and walk away when it starts. That is when we go to God in prayer and claim the promises of God to escape.
« Last post by Pastor Sean Brizendine on October 03, 2022, 07:51:47 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

We can never truly say, "The devil made me do it." God gives us the freedom to choose Christ who has the power to save us from sin. When we yield fully to Christ, He lives in us and imbues us with the Holy Spirit so all of the traits of the divine nature are manifest in us so we can experience consistent victory in affectionate obedience to God's law of love! Ask God to remove any sinful desires that afflict you and let Christ empower you to overcome as He did--by the word of God, whereby we are made "partakers of the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4) as we trust in His promises!

"The tempter can never compel us to do evil. He cannot control minds unless they are yielded to his control. The will must consent, faith must let go its hold upon Christ, before Satan can exercise his power upon us. But every sinful desire we cherish affords him a foothold. Every point in which we fail of meeting the divine standard is an open door by which he can enter to tempt and destroy us. And every failure or defeat on our part gives occasion for him to reproach Christ." {The Desire of Ages, page 125, paragraph 1} 

When we do God's will it is a blessing, but to let go of Jesus for even a moment is a great loss. Let us acknowledge Him in all our ways, for He will direct our paths!
« Last post by Dorine on October 03, 2022, 05:26:00 AM »
"So we may resist temptation, and force Satan to depart from us. Jesus gained the victory through submission and faith in God, and by the apostle He says to us, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you." James 4:7, 8. We cannot save ourselves from the tempter's power; he has conquered humanity, and when we try to stand in our own strength, we shall become a prey to his devices; but "the name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe." Proverbs 18:10. Satan trembles and flees before the weakest soul who finds refuge in that mighty name."  {DA 130.4}

What an encouraging chapter of warning and promise. Christ has made a way of escape for each one of us. The more time we spend with Him the quicker we will recognize temptation before we fall into it. Day by day we may grow in Christ and realize the victory that He experienced because our ears are open to hear and our hearts are ready and quick to obey.
« Last post by Beacon on October 02, 2022, 08:00:55 PM »
"The tempter can never compel us to do evil"

"He cannot control minds unless they are yielded to his control."

"The will must consent, faith must let go its hold upon Christ, before Satan can exercise his power upon us."

"However, every sinful desire we cherish affords him a foothold."

"Every point in which we fail of meeting the divine standard is an open door by which he can enter to tempt and destroy us."

"And every failure or defeat on our part gives occasion for him to reproach Christ."

Let us humbly ask Jesus for the power to resist Satan. Lets read, study, and pray so that we will not give " No occasion for Satan to reproach Christ.

Jesus invites us to.... "Ask, Seek, and Knock  for His help"

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

=======================

Encamped along the hills of light,
  Ye Christian soldiers rise,
And press the battle ere the night
  Shall veil the glowing skies;
Against the foe in vales below
  Let all our strength be hurled;
Faith is the victory, we know,
  That overcomes the world.
    Faith is the victory!
Faith is the victory!
O glorious victory,