Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Consumption of Fast Food Linked to Potentially Deadly Liver Disease
https://scitechdaily.com/consumption-of-fast-food-linked-to-potentially-deadly-liver-disease/

The study found that eating fast food is associated with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, a potentially life-threatening condition in which fat builds up in the liver.

Researchers discovered that people with obesity or diabetes who consume 20% or more of their daily calories from fast food have severely elevated levels of fat in their liver compared to those who consume less or no fast food. And the general population has moderate increases of liver fat when one-fifth or more of their diet is fast food.

The findings also reveal that a relatively modest amount of fast food, which is high in carbohydrates and fat, can hurt the liver. “If people eat one meal a day at a fast-food restaurant, they may think they aren’t doing harm,” said Kardashian. “However, if that one meal equals at least one-fifth of their daily calories, they are putting their livers at risk.”

“Healthy livers contain a small amount of fat, usually less than 5%, and even a moderate increase in fat can lead to nonalcoholic fatty liver disease,” said Ani Kardashian, MD, a hepatologist with Keck Medicine and lead author of the study.
Healthful Living / Re: Vitamin D & Diabetic Damage
« Last post by Curt on March 27, 2024, 04:16:19 AM »
Absolutely agreed. Finding some commonality is not proof but triggers more investigation towards a possible causal relationship. We have to follow and see where it leads.

When it comes to circulation nothing beats the primary use of exercise and sunlight
Praise God for the opportunity to launch into the mission field in Papau New Guinea where the need of the Ama tribe to understand the everlasting gospel in the light of the loveliness of Jesus is so great. I am thanking the Lord for His preparation in leading me to where He has called, and trusting His provision at each step! At present, I am still a full-time pastor in Michigan in the Upper Peninsula, prayerfully seeking God's will regarding the transition timing. Adventist Frontier Missions has its next training for career missionaries from September 2 to November 23, 2024. Lord willing, I will be able to launch to Papua New Guinea after that. However, the goals for partnership need to be at a certain place by July 22 for me to be able to attend the next Adventist Frontier Mission (AFM) training.

So far, the launching goal of $42,984 for me to go to the tribe has been 100% reached (that is covered by one-time gifts)! There are also partners who have committed to an ongoing gift (some annually, some quarterly, some monthly, and even some weekly) to go towards the ongoing monthly goal to support the mission for me to go and labor there. That total monthly goal is $7777 per month, and that is currently at 47% of the target, as of March 26, 2024, when I was given that update from AFM!  In a nutshell, if two partners gave $1000/month, if three partners gave $500/month, if five partners gave $250/month, if 10 partners gave $100/month, if 14 partners gave $75/month, and if 20 partners gave $50/month, then the entire monthly support would be fully reached! For example, a $3000/annual gift would be $250/month in ongoing support; a $50/month gift could be given every three months as $150, but it would still be helping the same as if it came every month. Some donors have chosen different amounts (such as $200/month), and that would basically mean they are helping with covering two of the "$100/month" goals! May you prayerfully give as the Holy Spirit leads! One-time gifts are still appreciated, too, as they will still go to this mission! If the monthly support is within $1500/month of the total target by July 22, then I can be in AFM training this year! I am praying for that if it is God's will! He is so faithful! God is providing and leading! Each person or family that partners is not just a donor or prayer warrior--you are a partner in helping reach the unreached! We get to do this together to the glory of God!

As the Holy Spirit moves upon your heart to pray, give, or go to help reach the unreached, as there are still another 7300 estimated unreached people groups, so the Lord is in the process of raising up and sending forth MANY more missionaries! May we carry the beautiful present truth God has entrusted to us to the ends of the earth, knowing that the gospel cannot fail, for Christ cannot fail. Looking to Him continually, we can go from strength to strength by His grace, abiding in the divine nature!
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--34--The Invitation
« Last post by Beacon on March 26, 2024, 08:15:17 PM »
"Jesus was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."

"He is watching over you, trembling child of God. Are you tempted? He will deliver. Are you weak? He will strengthen. Are you ignorant? He will enlighten. Are you wounded? He will heal."

"The Lord "telleth the number of the stars;" and yet "He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds." Psalm 147:4, 3. "

"Come unto Me," is His invitation."

"Whatever your anxieties and trials, spread out your case before the Lord. Your spirit will be braced for endurance. The way will be opened for you to disentangle yourself from embarrassment and difficulty."

"The weaker and more helpless you know yourself to be, the stronger will you become in His strength. The heavier your burdens, the more blessed the rest in casting them upon the Burden Bearer."

Will "YOU" & "I" accept His Invitation?? Let us come TODAY and Grab Hold of this Life Line while the door of mercy is still open!! We know that time is fast running out as we witness the Final Events of this world unfolding at an acierated rate!!

=====================
I’ve wandered far away from God,
  Now I’m coming home;
The paths of sin too long I’ve trod,
  Lord, I’m coming home.
    Coming home, coming home,
  Nevermore to roam;
Open wide Thine arms of love;
    Lord, I’m coming home.
I’ve wasted many precious years,
  Now I’m coming home;
I now repent with bitter tears,
  Lord, I’m coming home.
I’m tired of sin and straying, Lord,
  Now I’m coming home;
I’ll trust Thy love, believe Thy word;
  Lord, I’m coming home.
My soul is sick, my heart is sore,
  Now I’m coming home;
My strength renew, my hope restore:
  Lord, I’m coming home.
My only hope, my only plea,
  Now I’m coming home;
That Jesus died, and died for me;
  Lord, I’m coming home.
I need His cleansing blood, I know,
  Now I’m coming home;
O wash me whiter than the snow;
  Lord, I’m coming home.

Lyrics:William James Kirkpatrick (1838-1921)
Music:William James Kirkpatrick (1838-1921)

« Last post by rahab on March 26, 2024, 05:58:58 PM »
Interesting!

Thank you for posting.
Bread of Life / Re: Truth
« Last post by rahab on March 26, 2024, 05:56:52 PM »
Perfect!!!

Turn your eyes away from the imperfections of others…..
Bread of Life / Re: Small unpublished books of the bible
« Last post by rahab on March 26, 2024, 05:55:09 PM »
 ;D  you see, in order to understand the twist, one has to know their Bible

“Green Acres”

By Lot
Bread of Life / Re: A Verse for Today
« Last post by rahab on March 26, 2024, 05:52:34 PM »
   John 14:18

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 
Evangelism / Pastor Sean- Missionary to Ama people of Papua New Guinea
« Last post by Richard Myers on March 26, 2024, 09:34:20 AM »
We have created this topic to allow Pastor Sean to share information as he labors in Papua New Guinea. Here is some information as he begins this transition between Pastor in the Michigan Conference to Pastor to the Ama people in Papau New Guinea.

Sean Brizendine grew up in Modesto, California, in a Christian home with a praying, godly mother who led him to Christ at the age of five. She taught him about the biblical Sabbath and to look forward to the soon coming of Jesus, which led to his baptism in a river at the age of 10. Though his father died when Sean was 12, and his mother died when he was 15, it was while attending Pacific Union College that an email came to him about finding the top 20 reasons to be a student missionary. After learning more, Sean joined the Seventh-day Adventist Church in 2007 at the age of 20. Later that year, he experienced God’s call on his life to be a pastor, serving on various mission trips and gaining ministry experience through canvassing and, in the following years, non-profit ministry work.

It was around 2008 that Sean first sensed God putting Papua New Guinea on his heart, though he did not know if or when he would serve there. In 2015, he began serving as a pastor in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and was ordained to the gospel ministry in 2020. Having gladly served for over eight years, Sean has seen fruit from lives transformed by the gospel.

Already familiar with the work of Adventist Frontier Missions, Sean expressed more interest in AFM at the 2023 Michigan Conference Camp Meeting. After reading an email sent to him by Kyle Tumberg on August 24, 2023, Sean experienced a deep sense of conviction regarding the needs of the unreached and applied with AFM to become a missionary. On December 19, 2023, Sean was elated when AFM invited him to accept the call to minister to the animistic Ama people of Papua New Guinea. He sees this as God’s clear leading and looks forward to how God will open the way for each step in the journey to reach the unreached. Sean seeks to help hasten Christ’s return through prayer, giving, his personal effort and influence, and the joy of composing and singing songs to glorify God as he prepares to minister to the Ama people.

You can read Pastor Sean's posts in the Desire of Ages Forum where he posts daily.  here   Papua New Guinea will be blessed to have him as a missionary leading its people to Christ and His truth.  Let us support our dear brother as he makes this wonderful change in his ministry.   https://afmonline.org/missionaries/detail/9493
Modify message
« Last post by Richard Myers on March 26, 2024, 09:19:52 AM »
As is pointed out, the correlation is not proof, but there is something going on between the two. Why do we see both low Vit D and DPN?  My guess is that it could be that both share being caused by poor diet and lack of exercise in most cases.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10