Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Bread of Life / Re: A Verse for Today
« Last post by rahab on March 25, 2024, 05:30:42 PM »
  (N)  Ephesians 2:10

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.   
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--32--The Centurion
« Last post by Dorine on March 25, 2024, 06:53:36 AM »
"Satan cannot hold the dead in his grasp when the Son of God bids them live. He cannot hold in spiritual death one soul who in faith receives Christ's word of power. God is saying to all who are dead in sin, "Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead." Ephesians 5:14. That word is eternal life. As the word of God which bade the first man live, still gives us life; as Christ's word, "Young man, I say unto thee, Arise," gave life to the youth of Nain, so that word, "Arise from the dead," is life to the soul that receives it. God "hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son." Colossians 1:13. It is all offered us in His word. If we receive the word, we have the deliverance."

The word of God is powerful. When we in faith and with an open mind and heart, open God's word and digest the contents we will not only be delivered from evil but we will be kept from evil. That's the life we live in Jesus and it brings such peace and joy to our souls that we want to share it so that everyone may experience it for themselves.
« Last post by Pastor Sean Brizendine on March 25, 2024, 06:48:40 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! It’s such a blessing to be with Brother Richard this morning on the way to the Sacramento airport! We are rejoicing in sharing the loveliness of Jesus!

What wondrous love we see in Jesus! He can raise the dead! He can also raise us from spiritual death and give us life more abundantly as we surrender fully to Jesus! Such a miracle of conversion is manifest in all of the fruit of the Spirit without one missing as one is empowered to walk in all the light God has revealed in true obedience!

“He who stood beside the sorrowing mother at the gate of Nain, watches with every mourning one beside the bier. He is touched with sympathy for our grief. His heart, that loved and pitied, is a heart of unchangeable tenderness. His word, that called the dead to life, is no less efficacious now than when spoken to the young man of Nain. He says, ‘All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth.’ Matthew 28:18. That power is not diminished by the lapse of years, nor exhausted by the ceaseless activity of His overflowing grace. To all who believe on Him He is still a living Saviour.” {The Desire of Ages, page 319, paragraph he 1}

May this day be filled with divine appointments of His love and saving grace! Let others know what Jesus has done for you!!
« Last post by Beacon on March 24, 2024, 08:02:06 PM »
"The centurion, born in heathenism, educated in the idolatry of imperial Rome, trained as a soldier, seemingly cut off from spiritual life by his education and surroundings, was still further shut out by the bigotry of the Jews, and by the contempt of his own countrymen for the people of Israel."

"This man perceived the truth to which the children of Abraham were blinded."

"He did not wait to see whether the Jews themselves would receive the One who claimed to be their Messiah."

"As the "light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world" (John 1:9) had shone upon him, he had, though afar off, discerned the glory of the Son of God."

Isn't that Amazing!! - The Centurion recognized Jesus when the Jewish nation was rejecting Him!!  How careful we should be when claiming to be followers of Jesus, but not practicing His principles in our daily life, "WE" are actually rejecting Jesus!!

===========================

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.
    Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
  In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conqu’rors we are!
His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well;
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

Lyrics:Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)
Music:Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)

The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--31--The Sermon on the Mount
« Last post by rahab on March 24, 2024, 06:24:52 PM »
"Thus Christ set forth the principles of His kingdom, and showed them to be the great rule of life. To impress the lesson He adds an illustration. It is not enough, He says, for you to hear My words. By obedience you must make them the foundation of your character. Self is but shifting sand. If you build upon human theories and inventions, your house will fall. By the winds of temptation, the tempests of trial, it will be swept away. But these principles that I have given will endure. Receive Me; build on My words. {DA 314.3}
Everyone therefore which heareth these words of Mine, and doeth them, shall be likened unto a wise man, which built his house upon the rock: and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon the rock.” Matthew 7:24, 25, R.V. {DA 314.4}"

Instead of looking at the boundaries that Jesus puts in place as restricting our choices, He makes it clear that each one actually sets us free and fills us with all that our hearts ever hoped for when we surrender our whole hearts to Him. Fear disappears. Accepting Christ's love for us overrides our own ambitions and our hearts are filled with His love for others. Each fruit of the Spirit will be seen in the life and in spite of the hatred toward us by those who love evil we will not compromise in any way our loyalty to Christ and His law. This chapter always brings me joy and peace because I know that my Saviour is trustworthy and honest in all He promises.

Reflections:

It is interesting that the world looks at the law as restrictive.  But as you say, the law kept rightly is actually freedom.
 The law is a law of love and how God runs His universe.  It can never be changed. 
What was nailed to the cross wasn’t the law but was the sins of the righteous forgiven.

When others don’t understand and instead follow the evil one, we should have pity in our hearts for the erring.
Bread of Life / Re: Truth
« Last post by rahab on March 24, 2024, 06:13:04 PM »
Amen Richard! 

“Thou art Mine”
Bread of Life / Re: Small unpublished books of the bible
« Last post by rahab on March 24, 2024, 06:10:20 PM »

“Who’s talking now”

By balaam

;D
« Last post by rahab on March 24, 2024, 06:08:30 PM »
Amen !!

John 14:13

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

Only Christ can give us a truly humble heart that is open to His continual leading. By beholding the loveliness of God's character as it is manifest in Christ, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be revealed in the life, as God empowers the converted soul to live up to the light of God's truth in His law of love! Let us more fully appreciate the righteousness of Christ by beholding His life and words afresh each day--especially the closing scenes of His life in which we see Him suffering for all of our sins, dying in agony because of what sin has done to the heart of infinite love, and experiencing such a transformation in heart and life that we are kept from sin by the indwelling divine nature accessible to us by the Holy Spirit in each promise of God!

"The proud heart strives to earn salvation; but both our title to heaven and our fitness for it are found in the righteousness of Christ. The Lord can do nothing toward the recovery of man until, convinced of his own weakness, and stripped of all self-sufficiency, he yields himself to the control of God. Then he can receive the gift that God is waiting to bestow. From the soul that feels his need, nothing is withheld. He has unrestricted access to Him in whom all fullness dwells. 'For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.' Isaiah 57:15." {The Desire of Ages, page 300, paragraph 1}

It is a true blessing to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus. He revives and empowers us to live more like Him every day!
« Last post by Richard Myers on March 24, 2024, 06:59:32 AM »
1 John 2:1
    My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10