Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Amen my dear brothers!! What a revelation for us today. I coincides with our Sabbath School lessons this quarter. It also reveals how far removed is His church today from the purpose God has given to us who are to represent Him. He came this world and trod the winepress alone. It is not that His disciples could not have understood, but they did not. His Father sent two who did understand, for they had also trod the winepress alone. It it is given to us in our loneliness to suffer, the cross before the crown. It is the most weighty trust and the highest honor God has given to us.

The disciples are confident that Moses and Elijah have been sent to protect their Master, and to establish His authority as king.   

But before the crown must come the cross. Not the inauguration of Christ as king, but the decease to be accomplished at Jerusalem, is the subject of their conference with Jesus. Bearing the weakness of humanity, and burdened with its sorrow and sin, Jesus walked alone in the midst of men. As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not. Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission. He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude. Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men. Moses had pleaded for Israel: “Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32. Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair. These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven. The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview.

Through being overcome with sleep, the disciples heard little of what passed between Christ and the heavenly messengers. Failing to watch and pray, they had not received that which God desired to give them,--a knowledge of the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. They lost the blessing that might have been theirs through sharing His self-sacrifice. Slow of heart to believe were these disciples, little appreciative of the treasure with which Heaven sought to enrich them.

We are a forgetful race and slow of heart as were His disciples. Are we little appreciative of the treasure offered us?  I pray not.
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

What did Jesus first need to go through, in order to save us?

"But before the crown must come the cross. Not the inauguration of Christ as king, but the decease to be accomplished at Jerusalem, is the subject of their conference with Jesus. Bearing the weakness of humanity, and burdened with its sorrow and sin, Jesus walked alone in the midst of men. As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not. Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission. He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude. Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men. Moses had pleaded for Israel: 'Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.' Exodus 32:32. Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair. These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven. The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview." {The Desire of Ages, page 422, paragraph 2}

Christ offers us His kingdom today to be established in our hearts as we surrender fully to Him; all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be manifest in our lives as we are strengthened by grace through faith to obey God out of an intelligent appreciation of His loveliness of character! Let us appreciate all that Jesus did for us on earth and all He is doing for us now as our High Priest in the sanctuary in heaven, for He is SOON to return as our King!!
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--46--He Was Transfigured
« Last post by Beacon on August 09, 2022, 08:02:12 PM »
"Moses and Elijah had been co-laborers with Christ."

"They had shared His longing for the salvation of men."

"Moses had pleaded for Israel: “Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32."

"Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe."

"Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair."

"These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven."

"The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview."

As I read these words from this chapter I found it so comforting to be reminded that my Heavenly Father knows "EXACTLY WHAT I NEED & WHEN I NEED IT MOST" and just like He did for Jesus, He is more than capable of sharing the reinforcement we need.

In a world that is filled with Anxiety & Fear about many things we have the ASSURANCE that our God can and will provide to lead us safely home.

=======================

"Safe in the arms of Jesus,
  Safe from corroding care,
Safe from the world’s temptations,
  Sin cannot harm me there.
Free from the blight of sorrow,
  Free from my doubts and fears;
Only a few more trials,
  Only a few more tears.

Jesus, my heart’s dear Refuge,
  Jesus has died for me;
Firm on the Rock of Ages
  Ever my trust shall be.
Here let me wait with patience,
  Wait till the night is o’er,
Wait till I see the morning
  Break on the golden shore."

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:William Howard Doane (1832-1915)
Amen my dear brothers! It is a hard lesson to learn, but to be partakers in the sufferings of Jesus is the highest honor and the most weighty trust God can give to us.  When we understand, we will glory in our tribulation knowing it will increase our ability to rightly represent Jesus and even more important we will in the midst of the battle reveal the love of God to those whom we are witnesses of the power of God's grace.

It was to Peter a bitter lesson, and one which he learned but slowly, that the path of Christ on earth lay through agony and humiliation. The disciple shrank from fellowship with his Lord in suffering. But in the heat of the furnace fire he was to learn its blessing. Long afterward, when his active form was bowed with the burden of years and labors, he wrote, "Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: but rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy." 1 Peter 4:12, 13. 

Jesus now explained to His disciples that His own life of self-abnegation was an example of what theirs should be. Calling about Him, with the disciples, the people who had been lingering near, He said, "If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." The cross was associated with the power of Rome. It was the instrument of the most cruel and humiliating form of death. The lowest criminals were required to bear the cross to the place of execution; and often as it was about to be laid upon their shoulders, they resisted with desperate violence, until they were overpowered, and the instrument of torture was bound upon them. But Jesus bade His followers take up the cross and bear it after Him. To the disciples His words, though dimly comprehended, pointed to their submission to the most bitter humiliation,--submission even unto death for the sake of Christ. No more complete self-surrender could the Saviour's words have pictured. But all this He had accepted for them. Jesus did not count heaven a place to be desired while we were lost. He left the heavenly courts for a life of reproach and insult, and a death of shame. He who was rich in heaven's priceless treasure, became poor, that through His poverty we might be rich. We are to follow in the path He trod. 
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

What is most valuable? Life--but the life we now have, apart from Christ, will inevitably perish. That is why living for this life only is only a path to death, for we are sinful and cannot save ourselves. But there is hope. We can look to Christ and receive "life...and [life] more abundantly" (John 10:10). Only in complete surrender to the love of Christ will we experience the unique crucifixion to self and resurrection to His righteousness by faith! Only in Him can we become what we really are meant to be, and apart from Him, we are but ebbing out a short earthly existence that will perish. Choose to look to Christ by a living faith surrender and be motivated by the loveliness of His character to become like Him, for in union and communion with Christ all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be manifest, so we can gladly do God's will from the heart!

"Love for souls for whom Christ died means crucifixion of self. He who is a child of God should henceforth look upon himself as a link in the chain let down to save the world, one with Christ in His plan of mercy, going forth with Him to seek and save the lost. The Christian is ever to realize that he has consecrated himself to God, and that in character he is to reveal Christ to the world. The self-sacrifice, the sympathy, the love, manifested in the life of Christ are to reappear in the life of the worker for God."  {The Desire of Ages, page 417, paragraph 1} 

"'Whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for My sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.' Selfishness is death. No organ of the body could live should it confine its service to itself. The heart, failing to send its lifeblood to the hand and the head, would quickly lose its power. As our lifeblood, so is the love of Christ diffused through every part of His mystical body. We are members one of another, and the soul that refuses to impart will perish. And 'what is a man profited,' said Jesus, 'if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?'"  {The Desire of Ages, page 417, paragraph 2}

When we value souls as Jesus does, our entire priority in life shifts from selfish goals that are "what I want" to the greater joy of seeing souls redeemed and realizing that this is what we REALLY want to do (in a truly converted experience)--for nothing else even makes sense this close to the second coming of Jesus! Jesus is coming! Let us die to self through complete surrender to Him and let Him live out His life in us by the Holy Spirit! What a miracle!!
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--45--The Foreshadowing of the Cross
« Last post by Beacon on August 08, 2022, 08:11:54 PM »
"Love for souls for whom Christ died means crucifixion of self."

"He who is a child of God should henceforth look upon himself as a link in the chain let down to save the world, one with Christ in His plan of mercy, going forth with Him to seek and save the lost."

"The Christian is ever to realize that he has consecrated himself to God."

"In character he is to reveal Christ to the world.

"The self-sacrifice, the sympathy, the love, manifested in the life of Christ are to reappear in the life of the worker for God."

This is why "WE" are Encouraged to spend at "LEAST" one thoughtful hour per day in Bible Study & Prayer. The Question is?? Are "WE WILLING" to do that?? If not...Which Master "Are WE serving??

=======================

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,.

Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Lyrics:Frances Ridley Havergal (1836-1879)
Music:Henri Abraham Cesar Malan (1787-1864)
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--44-The True Sign
« Last post by Beacon on August 08, 2022, 06:34:44 AM »
"Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy."

"This change is the sign of His working."

"When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order."

"Father, glorify Thy name" (John 12:28)

"This was the keynote of Christ's life."

"If we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life."

"He commands us to "walk, even as He walked;" and "hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments." 1 John 2:6, 3."

Dear Friend in Christ --- We must ask ourselves...."Are we willing  to "WALK THE TALK? "  Is Jesus the KEYNOTE OF "OUR LIFE, Your's and Mine?

=======================

When we walk with the Lord
  In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way;
  While we do His good will,
  He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
    Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
  But to trust and obey.
Not a shadow can rise,
  Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
  Not a doubt or a fear,
  Not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
Not a burden we bear,
  Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
  Not a grief or a loss,
  Not a frown or a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
But we never can prove
  The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay;
  For the favor He shows,
  And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
Then in fellowship sweet
  We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
  What He says we will do;
  Where He sends, we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.

Lyrics:John Henry Sammis (1846-1919)
Music:Daniel Brink Towner (1850-1919)
« Last post by Richard Myers on August 08, 2022, 05:56:29 AM »
Amen my dear brother! We live to glorify our Lord. All who are filled with the Holy Spirit will reveal the fruits of the Spirit and thus glorify God. A good tree cannot help but glorify God, there is no bad fruit on a good tree, no matter who teaches otherwise. Conversion brings forth a new life where there is  no known sin. It is true that one may allow his mind to wander away from Jesus. What happens then? We end up in the water just as did Peter when his eyes turned back to his friends still in the boat. We do not believe in once saved always saved. Moses sinned and as a result God laid him to rest that none could say, "even Moses sinned." Never do we hear this from the false teachers.

Where is Jesus when we sin? Where was Jesus when Peter sinned? Jesus does not forsake us, He came to save us, even if we sin after conversion. I say this not to lead you to sin, but to encourage you that if you sin, we still have an Advocate, Jesus Christ who stands at the door of your heart wanting back in. Soon, Jesus will throw down His censor. Why? Because there will be no more forgiveness of sin. He will have finished His work in the sanctuary. There will be no more forgiveness extended to the sinner. He who is holy will remain holy and he who sins will forever remain filthy.  The new birth does not guarantee salvation. We must die to self daily as Paul taught. "I die daily." Each day God's grace taken into the heart produces a new heart which is a heart cleansed whiter than snow. Be aware of the Pharisees and Sadducees  who teach otherwise.

When the message of truth is presented in our day, there are many who, like the Jews, cry, Show us a sign. Work us a miracle. Christ wrought no miracle at the demand of the Pharisees. He wrought no miracle in the wilderness in answer to Satan's insinuations. He does not impart to us power to vindicate ourselves or to satisfy the demands of unbelief and pride. But the gospel is not without a sign of its divine origin. Is it not a miracle that we can break from the bondage of Satan? Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. When one who has been controlled by a stubborn, wayward will is set free, and yields himself wholeheartedly to the drawing of God's heavenly agencies, a miracle is wrought; so also when a man who has been under strong delusion comes to understand moral truth. Every time a soul is converted, and learns to love God and keep His commandments, the promise of God is fulfilled, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you." Ezekiel 36:26. The change in human hearts, the transformation of human characters, is a miracle that reveals an ever-living Saviour, working to rescue souls. A consistent life in Christ is a great miracle. In the preaching of the word of God, the sign that should be manifest now and always is the presence of the Holy Spirit, to make the word a regenerating power to those that hear. This is God's witness before the world to the divine mission of His Son. 

It is so very sad to listen to teachers who teach otherwise. Today, there are those who tell us about the character of the 144,000, but deny that we can be transformed today, that Christ "imparts" His character to us today. The change in character at conversion is God's greatest miracle!! Enmity against Satan is not natural to the human heart; it is implanted by the grace of God. It is imparted to us when we love the Lord our God  with the whole heart.

« Last post by Pastor Sean Brizendine on August 08, 2022, 04:49:10 AM »
What is religion? It is the way we relate to God, and only the way Christ related to God in total surrender and joyful service is TRUE RELIGION! Such an experience is filled with genuine happiness, for it flows from being in the happy presence of our holy God! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing are the supernatural result of having Christ in us by living faith surrender to Him of the whole heart, mind and will so He can do His will through us as we are empowered to cooperate with Him in affectionate obedience to all of the heavenly light shining on our pathway!

"The religion of Christ is sincerity itself. Zeal for God's glory is the motive implanted by the Holy Spirit; and only the effectual working of the Spirit can implant this motive. Only the power of God can banish self-seeking and hypocrisy. This change is the sign of His working. When the faith we accept destroys selfishness and pretense, when it leads us to seek God's glory and not our own, we may know that it is of the right order. 'Father, glorify Thy name' (John 12:28), was the keynote of Christ's life, and if we follow Him, this will be the keynote of our life. He commands us to 'walk, even as He walked;' and 'hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.' 1 John 2:6, 3." {The Desire of Ages, page 409, paragraph 3}

May you today let Christ be ALL to you, for He is well able to qualify us to serve not just in this life, but in the life to come!
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--43--Barriers Broken Down
« Last post by Richard Myers on August 07, 2022, 10:02:33 AM »
Amen dear brother!! It is so very sad that many who profess to serve Christ have never experienced the joy of helping others and pointing them to Jesus. The love, joy, and peace that God wants to give is in and of itself reward enough for giving up the things of this world.

In faith the woman of Phoenicia flung herself against the barriers that had been piled up between Jew and Gentile. Against discouragement, regardless of appearances that might have led her to doubt, she trusted the Saviour's love. It is thus that Christ desires us to trust in Him. The blessings of salvation are for every soul. Nothing but his own choice can prevent any man from becoming a partaker of the promise in Christ by the gospel.

She was a very smart woman! And free from the pride that would have denied her prayer for her daughter. The leaders in Israel appear for what they are in contrast to the faith of Phonenician woman. Let us be smart and learn from her example!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10