Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
rahab, that is a most important question you have brought up.

What does the Feast of Tabernacles foreshadow? Why have we  not see the fulfillment?

The Day of  Atonement has not been fulfilled yet. The two feast days are tied together. We cannot yet celebrate the reality. Why not? The heavenly sanctuary has not yet been cleansed. Why not? As Jesus cleanses it, we continue to dirty it. When Jesus walks out of the Most Holy Place there will be no more forgiveness of sins. He who is holy will be holy, and he who is filthy will remain filthy. The character of all of humanity will be fixed. All have chosen who they will serve. Jesus is waiting on us who have been entrusted with the sacred oracles of God. There is a multitude of thirsty ones who are seeking truth. Are we feeding them, or have we been distracted with the things of this world?

With sacred song and thanksgiving the worshipers celebrated this occasion. A little before the feast was the Day of Atonement, when, after confession of their sins, the people were declared to be at peace with Heaven. Thus the way was prepared for the rejoicing of the feast. "O give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good: for His mercy endureth forever" (Psalm 106:1) rose triumphantly, while all kinds of music, mingled with shouts of hosanna, accompanied the united singing. The temple was the center of the universal joy.

Why are we not rejoicing? Because as a church we are not at peace with Heaven. When we as a people sing the song of Moses, then we can rejoice and Jesus can come. Until then, let us drink from the fountain that we might share our rejoicing with others as we share the Living Water of Life.
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--50--Among Snares
« Last post by Dorine on Today at 06:59:07 AM »
  "In His act of pardoning this woman and encouraging her to live a better life, the character of Jesus shines forth in the beauty of perfect righteousness. While He does not palliate sin, nor lessen the sense of guilt, He seeks not to condemn, but to save. The world had for this erring woman only contempt and scorn; but Jesus speaks words of comfort and hope. The Sinless One pities the weakness of the sinner, and reaches to her a helping hand. While the hypocritical Pharisees denounce, Jesus bids her, "Go, and sin no more.""

Mary was never the same again. Her devotion to Jesus never failed even though she failed in her flesh 7 times she always came to Jesus for forgiveness. She knew He would not turn her away. Jesus wants to save and He wants us to join Him in bringing the saving gospel message to all who are trapped in sin.
Amen, Brother Beacon!

A total surrender to Jesus opens up limitless possibilities of what He has planned for us in the new life of grace! When Jesus pardoned the woman caught in adultery described in John chapter 8, He was not sanctioning sin, but giving her forgiveness to start fresh. That is what is so amazing about God's mercy! Instead of holding our sins against us and letting us perish, He actively seeks us out to show us He has a plan for us in ministry! As we appreciate His character and let Him take our hearts that were once the abode of so much sin, He supernaturally gives us new hearts that are filled with holy thoughts, feelings and motives in union and communion with Jesus! Oh, what a joy it is to be truly converted! You can only know the depths of its blessedness when you do surrender fully to Christ, renounce every sin, and walk in the path He leads in His service!

"This was to her the beginning of a new life, a life of purity and peace, devoted to the service of God. In the uplifting of this fallen soul, Jesus performed a greater miracle than in healing the most grievous physical disease; He cured the spiritual malady which is unto death everlasting. This penitent woman became one of His most steadfast followers. With self-sacrificing love and devotion she repaid His forgiving mercy." {The Desire of Ages, page 462, paragraph 2} 

Self-sacrificing love will be manifest in all who are truly converted. Such a converted character is expressed as a miracle with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in a life of true obedience to God's law of love! It is love instead of selfish hatred or fear; it is joy instead of harboring gloom and sorrow; it is peace instead of anxiety and warfare against God's law; it is longsuffering patience instead of haste; it is kind gentleness instead of harshness or coldness; it is goodness instead of evil; it is faith instead of unbelief; it is meekness instead of pride and self-aggrandizement; it is temperance instead of self-indulgence; it is righteousness instead of sin; it is truth instead of lies. Will you let God work out His character in you? Though we have sinned and do not deserve it, we can start fresh today, truly repent and forsake our past sins, accept the truth He reveals to us, gladly accept His providences, and walk with Jesus in constant union and communion, praising His name! It is the BEST LIFE EVER!!
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--50--Among Snares
« Last post by Beacon on April 11, 2024, 08:06:00 PM »
"The perception and appreciation of truth, Jesus said, depends less upon the mind than upon the heart."

"Truth must be received into the soul; it claims the homage of the will."

"If truth could be submitted to the reason alone, pride would be no hindrance in the way of its reception. "

" It is to be received through the work of grace in the heart."

"It's reception depends upon the renunciation of every sin that the Spirit of God reveals."

"Man's advantages for obtaining a knowledge of the truth, however great these may be, will prove of no benefit to him unless the heart is open to receive the truth, and there is a conscientious surrender of every habit and practice that is opposed to its principles."

Do "WE" have or want a willingness to surrender every habit and practice that would keep "US" out of Heaven?? This is a very serious question!!

=======================
All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
    I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--49--At the Feast of Tabernacles
« Last post by rahab on April 11, 2024, 02:36:56 PM »
Great illustration sister Dorine !!

On a side note, have you ever noticed that this is the only feast that has not yet been fulfilled.  Not sure what that means really… 
Bread of Life / Re: Small unpublished books of the bible
« Last post by rahab on April 11, 2024, 02:33:00 PM »

Survivor

by John the apostle
Bread of Life / Re: Truth
« Last post by rahab on April 11, 2024, 02:31:28 PM »

Perseverance in prayer has been made a condition of receiving

Bread of Life / Re: A Verse for Today
« Last post by rahab on April 11, 2024, 02:29:27 PM »
John 15:11

These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.     
The Desire of Ages / Re: The Desire of Ages--49--At the Feast of Tabernacles
« Last post by Richard Myers on April 11, 2024, 01:58:03 PM »
Amen my dear brothers and sister!  Nothing but the "living water" will give us love, peace, and joy. We remember the transformation of the woman at the well when she received the living water. The great joy in her life was to give that living water to all who were seeking the Truth. So it today. Many, so very many are seeking the Truth.

As Jesus thus spoke to the people, their hearts thrilled with a strange awe, and many were ready to exclaim, with the woman of Samaria, "Give me this water, that I thirst not." John 4:15.
     Jesus knew the wants of the soul. Pomp, riches, and honor cannot satisfy the heart. "If any man thirst, let him come unto Me." The rich, the poor, the high, the low, are alike welcome. He promises to relieve the burdened mind, to comfort the sorrowing, and to give hope to the despondent. Many of those who heard Jesus were mourners over disappointed hopes, many were nourishing a secret grief, many were seeking to satisfy their restless longing with the things of the world and the praise of men; but when all was gained, they found that they had toiled only to reach a broken cistern, from which they could not quench their thirst. Amid the glitter of the joyous scene they stood, dissatisfied and sad. That sudden cry, "If any man thirst," startled them from their sorrowful meditation, and as they listened to the words that followed, their minds kindled with a new hope. The Holy Spirit presented the symbol before them until they saw in it the offer of the priceless gift of salvation.
     The cry of Christ to the thirsty soul is still going forth, and it appeals to us with even greater power than to those who heard it in the temple on that last day of the feast. The fountain is open for all. The weary and exhausted ones are offered the refreshing draught of eternal life. Jesus is still crying, "If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink." "Let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." Revelation 22:17; John 4:14.
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

Are you willing to let it go? Let go of what? Anything that is keeping you from finding your deepest, true soul satisfaction in thorough conversion to Christ in His word by the Holy Spirit. When we let go of whatever was getting in the way of Christ, we become partakers of the divine nature by surrendering the heart, mind and will fully to Him so He can fill us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we are empowered to obey God up to the light He has given us by the inspired truth of the word and the Spirit of Prophecy! Look up to Jesus! Let Him satisfy you so deeply that whatever gifts and blessings He has for you will not eclipse the light of His countenance from your character building experience! Let His mind be in you, so whatever trials and difficulties you face only become more cause for rejoicing, choosing to "count it all joy" (James 1:2) because nothing of the world can make you sad when you abide in Him!! Let no sin, no fear, no doubt mar the beautiful faith that works by love and purifies the soul from leading you to drink so deeply of the living water of the grace of Christ that you are moved by His infinite love to share the everlasting gospel with the world!!

"Jesus knew the wants of the soul. Pomp, riches, and honor cannot satisfy the heart. 'If any man thirst, let him come unto Me.' The rich, the poor, the high, the low, are alike welcome. He promises to relieve the burdened mind, to comfort the sorrowing, and to give hope to the despondent. Many of those who heard Jesus were mourners over disappointed hopes, many were nourishing a secret grief, many were seeking to satisfy their restless longing with the things of the world and the praise of men; but when all was gained, they found that they had toiled only to reach a broken cistern, from which they could not quench their thirst. Amid the glitter of the joyous scene they stood, dissatisfied and sad. That sudden cry, 'If any man thirst,' startled them from their sorrowful meditation, and as they listened to the words that followed, their minds kindled with a new hope. The Holy Spirit presented the symbol before them until they saw in it the offer of the priceless gift of salvation." {The Desire of Ages, page 454, paragraph 2}

When the received experience of the priceless gift of salvation matters more to you than any earthly thing, you allow God to bless your life and minister through your life in ways that are beyond your highest expectations--because "God worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13)! All glory to God!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10