Author Topic: Nutritional Yeast Flakes  (Read 34551 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Nutritional Yeast Flakes
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2016, 08:15:35 AM »
cp, share an article you think is sound in its reasoning. On the internet there is so much that is not sound. Don't recall the doctor who promoted the concern about excitotoxins, but has he said anything about nutritional yeast? That would be a good place to start. He is a brain surgeon as I remember. He did a lot of study on the effects of these substances on the brain.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2016, 03:16:50 PM »
cp, share an article you think is sound in its reasoning. On the internet there is so much that is not sound. Don't recall the doctor who promoted the concern about excitotoxins, but has he said anything about nutritional yeast? That would be a good place to start. He is a brain surgeon as I remember. He did a lot of study on the effects of these substances on the brain.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/04/21/msg-is-this-silent-killer-lurking-in-your-kitchen-cabinets.aspx

Dr. Mercola and Blaylock have material on this. If someone can show them false I will be happy to agree as we use nutritonal yeast quite a bit.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2016, 08:27:23 PM »
What are excitotoxins, how are they identified, are they part of the product or a contaminant, why are they supposedly in nutritional yeast that is used as food, and if they are so bad, why is nutritional yeast in so many foods with FDA blessing ?

OK found a link with definitions.  But I also remember a SOP quote RE SDA Healthfoods

Foods From Local Products in Different Lands

MS 40, 1902
     407. To many in different places the Lord will give intelligence in regard to health foods. He can spread a table
in the wilderness. Health foods should be prepared by our churches who are trying to practice the principles of health reform. But as surely as they should do this, some would say that they were infringing on their rights. But who gave them the wisdom to prepare these foods?--The God of heaven. That same God will give wisdom to His people in the different countries to use the productions of these countries in preparing health foods. In simple, inexpensive ways, our people are to experiment with the fruits and grains and roots in the countries in which they live. In the different countries inexpensive health foods are to be manufactured for the benefit of the poor and for the benefit of the families of our own people.  {CD 271.5} 
     The message that God has given me is that His people in foreign lands are not to depend for their supply of health foods on the importations of health foods from America. The freight and the duty make the cost of these foods so high that the poor, who are just as precious in the sight of God as the wealthy, cannot have the advantage of them.  {CD 272.1} 
     Health foods are God's productions, and He will teach His people in missionary fields so to combine the productions of the earth, that simple, inexpensive, wholesome foods will be provided. If they will seek wisdom from God, He will teach them how to plan and devise to utilize these productions. I am instructed to say, Forbid them not. {CD 272.2}     

If SDA health foods are built according to God's directions, nothing toxic would be in them, OR they are not built according to God's specifications, or the excitotoxin scare is just that a scare only, and not accurate.  My question is WHICH is what ?

What is the history of the research process that built modern views on excitotoxins, Mercola is an evolutionist, and advocates eating what the health message says not to eat, Blaylock is in what stance and origin of philosophies and views of truth according to what beliefs ?   Is Blaylock's work the origin of excitotoxin beliefs ? Where is per review, and independent research and case studies inspections ?   Asian use of fermented foods and soy and soy sauce spans centuries, what physical evidence has piled up ?

Now on to the link with definition of exciteotoxins .

http://americannutritionassociation.org/newsletter/review-excitotoxins-taste-kills 

http://saynotomsg.com/basics_list.php   
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2016, 08:58:20 PM »
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2016, 09:10:35 PM »
Yes, Blaylock. 

Here is another study:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8311990

The USDA and the FDA do not protect us from many dangers in our food. We cannot trust them to do so. And, a lot of medical studies are done to support industries who want a certain outcome. There is corruption on every hand.

The more food we eat in its natural condition the better off we shall be. I first heard about excitotoxins many years ago in regards to liquid amino acid that was being used widely by church members.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2016, 06:06:41 AM »
Question---- Is the SDA church at large following God's manner of creating health food ?  ie Veggie links and Fri Chik , hydrogenated oils, preservatives, white sugar etc..

The FDA also puts its blessing on GMO canola oil, pork, GMO food, food coloring, and many other like things.

I would  likely take what Mercola says every time when it conflicts with what the FDA  says.

Asians have had their health problems too. They did not use GMO soybeans for centuries. I have been told that organic Tamari is a much better solution than over the counter soy sauce and Braggs liquid aminos.  I think part of our appetite problems is that we desire flavor enhancers to pick up the flavor of everything. Our appetites so crave stimulating food that we struggle to enjoy potatoes and veggies without butter, salt, sugar, etc..  In the natural animal world the animals seem content with eating food as it grows without amendments and condiments. I'm not advocating that we do not use salt or oil but it seems that we struggle to enjoy simple food because we are used to having it peaked. Probably that is because we in America, for instance, are seldom really hungry in the truest sense.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2016, 07:35:36 AM »
It is our culture and our fallen nature, cp. We have perverted our appetites. The good news is that we can change our appetites. It does not take long to do so. It is the perverted heart that must be changed before most will be willing to attempt to change their desire for unhealthful foods. As I recall if we can successfully overcome a perverted appetite, we can then be successful in other areas of life. Appetite is of the flesh and if not converted, the flesh rules over the mind.

colporteur

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2016, 08:12:49 AM »

Yes,  and it is a sad testimony that many think they are following the health message for this time simply because they do not smoke, drink, take illegal drugs, or eat pork and shrimp. Nothing could be further from the truth. That is like saying I follow an exercise program because I walk through the store to buy groceries. In a half hearted attempt to lead ourselves in believing we are living healthy we simply leave off the fast kill items.

As a church if we were walking in step with the Lord I do not believe there would be any debate on flesh and animal products at all. There would be little discussion about it accept to witness to new SDAs and those outside the church.

If our church was largely walking with God in the field of health reform the discussion and debate so to speak would be largely over raw, non GMO, sugars, organic, natural herbal medicine, types of hydrotherapy, excitotoxins, oils /vegetable fats, etc.. Compared to where we should be many are still somewhat in the dark ages regarding health.

It would be interesting to know how many SDAs are still eating dead flesh. LL surveys probably indicated that but I do not remember. LL says that 50% of SDAs are lacto oval vegetarians. That leaves 50% that make of carnivores and vegan. I doubt that more than 10% are vegan if that. My guess is 5%.  At 10% animal free ( accept for honey)  that would leave 40 + % that are carnivores. That's not impressive to me considering the light we have.

I am surprised at how fast my taste changes when I back off the salt. One does not even realize it until he eats some salty chips and says, "wow, are those things salty."  A few days before they tasted just fine.

colporteur

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2016, 01:13:33 PM »

I have even discovered that a nice garden salad with some variety yet no dressing, lemon juice, or oil tastes good all by itself. And if I'm nice and hungry it tastes...even better.  ;D