Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--49--At the Feast of Tabernacles  (Read 15021 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--49--At the Feast of Tabernacles
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2019, 07:03:18 PM »
Have you ever felt like a person that Jesus could not use in His service due to a lack of what we call " Higher Education" at some prestigious University or Seminary??   Read these inspiring words again from today's chapter....

"They were humble and unlearned men, those fishers of Galilee; but Christ, the light of the world, was abundantly able to qualify them for the position for which He had chosen them. The Saviour did not despise education; for when controlled by the love of God, and devoted to His service, intellectual culture is a blessing. But He passed by the wise men of His time, because they were so self-confident that they could not sympathize with suffering humanity, and become colaborers with the Man of Nazareth. In their bigotry they scorned to be taught by Christ.

The Lord Jesus seeks the co-operation of those who will become unobstructed channels for the communication of His grace. The first thing to be learned by all who would become workers together with God is the lesson of self-distrust; then they are prepared to have imparted to them the character of Christ. This is not to be gained through education in the most scientific schools. It is the fruit of wisdom that is obtained from the divine Teacher alone. "

From the Book "Sanctified Life" We have these thoughts...The conflict still goes on between the children of light and the children of darkness. Those who name the name of Christ should shake off the lethargy that enfeebles their efforts, and should meet the momentous responsibilities that devolve upon them. All who do this may expect the power of God to be revealed in them. The Son of God, the world’s Redeemer, will be represented in their words and in their works, and God’s name will be glorified. {SL 41.1}

Jesus is simply waiting for us to heed His call to be His ambassadors and when we come and humbly avail ourselves to Him - He will "Qualify" and "Empower"  us through the power of the Holy Spirit  to proclaim His message of Grace to a world that is soon to pass away.  I encourage you to come without delay and experience the joy that comes by serving the One who gave His Life - That we may have Eternal Life.
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2019, 05:54:31 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!! We have the joy and privilege of being able to keep our eyes of faith focused on the center of attraction--Jesus Christ--and to become like Him in mind and character! On this date 11 years ago I was rebaptized in the Canoga Park Seventh-day Adventist Church in California during the middle of my first summer of evangelistic canvassing. My sinful unbelief and worldliness that had characterized my profession as a Christian was so out of harmony with who Jesus had recreated me to be by His grace that I yearned to respond to His call! Jesus so transformed my life that He called me to rebaptism--to respond to the inner transformation He had wrought in me that caused me to be "all in" for Him, for the Seventh-day Adventist Church is not simply a church, but a global missionary movement for heaven! As we contemplate eternal realities, let us encourage others to be "all in" for Jesus!!

"Standing thus, the center of attraction to that vast throng, Jesus addressed them as no man had ever done. His words showed a knowledge of the laws and institutions of Israel, of the sacrificial service and the teachings of the prophets, far exceeding that of the priests and rabbis. He broke through the barriers of formalism and tradition. The scenes of the future life seemed outspread before Him. As one who beheld the Unseen, He spoke of the earthly and the heavenly, the human and the divine, with positive authority. His words were most clear and convincing; and again, as at Capernaum, the people were astonished at His teaching; 'for His word was with power.' Luke 4:32. Under a variety of representations He warned His hearers of the calamity that would follow all who rejected the blessings He came to bring them. He had given them every possible proof that He came forth from God, and made every possible effort to bring them to repentance. He would not be rejected and murdered by His own nation if He could save them from the guilt of such a deed." {The Desire of Ages, page 452, paragraph 3}

Jesus longs to save us to the uttermost, and as we yield the whole heart to Him to cleanse and purify by His blood and the infilling of the Holy Spirit, there is no limit to where God can take us. The greatest joy we can ever has is in being totally surrendered to Christ so He can reveal the fruits of His character through us--love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, meekness, goodness, faith and temperance--without one missing as long as we choose to remain in union and communion with Him!! What infinite blessings He has for us in covenant relation to Himself!!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2019, 07:40:11 AM »
"Jesus knew the wants of the soul. Pomp, riches, and honor cannot satisfy the heart. "If any man thirst, let him come unto Me." The rich, the poor, the high, the low, are alike welcome. He promises to relieve the burdened mind, to comfort the sorrowing, and to give hope to the despondent. Many of those who heard Jesus were mourners over disappointed hopes, many were nourishing a secret grief, many were seeking to satisfy their restless longing with the things of the world and the praise of men; but when all was gained, they found that they had toiled only to reach a broken cistern, from which they could not quench their thirst. Amid the glitter of the joyous scene they stood, dissatisfied and sad. That sudden cry, "If any man thirst," startled them from their sorrowful meditation, and as they listened to the words that followed, their minds kindled with a new hope. The Holy Spirit presented the symbol before them until they saw in it the offer of the priceless gift of salvation."

This is a truth vital to understand and accept. There's nothing this world holds out to us that is worth rejecting the invitation of Jesus. "If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink."......"Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall  give him shall  never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." Rev. 22:17; John 4:14.

Amen.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2019, 07:13:01 PM »
"The cry of Christ to the thirsty soul is still going forth, and it appeals to us with even greater power than to those who heard it in the temple on that last day of the feast. The fountain is open for all. The weary and exhausted ones are offered the refreshing draught of eternal life. Jesus is still crying, "If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink." "Let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." Revelation 22:17; John 4:14

"Isaiah 53:6 says..."All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."

How often when we are not spending enough time with Jesus on a daily basis we drift away from the source of power. We tend to think that we can sustain our walk with God through our own wisdom. But we find out after traveling that road for awhile that we have actually cut ourselves off from the source of all power and wisdom, we are running on empty and then wonder why we crash spiritually. But there is good news...GOD ALLOWS, ACCEPTS, AND ENCOURAGES U-TURNS.

Through out His Holy Word over and over again we hear and read words like this...

" Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? Ezekiel 18:31

Today on behalf of my Best Friend and Savior Jesus Christ I would like to extend that invitation once again to each of you, to come as you are, to the true source eternal life, and be cleansed from sin through His great sacrifice for us on the Cross of Calvary. 

Will you stand with me at the foot of the cross on this Holy Sabbath Day and say..."YES",...Dear Jesus - I want to be Holy Thine? That prayer will NEVER go unanswered...He has promised to give us the gift of the Holy Spirit which will enable us to live for Him as long as we stay surrendered to Him. It is a good practice to do this on a daily basis for each yesterday is dead and gone and tomorrow may never come. We need fresh manna every morning.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2019, 07:26:13 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!  We need to feed upon Jesus every day lest we forget Gethsemane. All the money and success in the world does not bring peace and joy to the life. It is Christ that satisfies the soul.

"If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink. He that believeth on Me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." The condition of the people made this appeal very forcible. They had been engaged in a continued scene of pomp and festivity, their eyes had been dazzled with light and color, and their ears regaled with the richest music; but there had been nothing in all this round of ceremonies to meet the wants of the spirit, nothing to satisfy the thirst of the soul for that which perishes not. Jesus invited them to come and drink of the fountain of life, of that which would be in them a well of water, springing up unto everlasting life.

It is the water of life that we need. And, Christ has a supply to fill all come to Him. As we near the end, we need to have created the habit of spending time with Jesus. Soon there shall be a time of trouble such as never was.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2019, 03:44:05 PM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

Recognizing our need opens the door for Christ to supply the wants of our souls. We cannot satisfy ourselves by seeking what the world, the flesh or the devil may clamor for. Only as we behold Jesus' loveliness of character and yield completely to Him will we find the living water that truly brings happiness and meaning in our lives. Jesus came to offer this gift of transforming grace to each soul!

"Jesus knew the wants of the soul. Pomp, riches, and honor cannot satisfy the heart. 'If any man thirst, let him come unto Me.' The rich, the poor, the high, the low, are alike welcome. He promises to relieve the burdened mind, to comfort the sorrowing, and to give hope to the despondent. Many of those who heard Jesus were mourners over disappointed hopes, many were nourishing a secret grief, many were seeking to satisfy their restless longing with the things of the world and the praise of men; but when all was gained, they found that they had toiled only to reach a broken cistern, from which they could not quench their thirst. Amid the glitter of the joyous scene they stood, dissatisfied and sad. That sudden cry, 'If any man thirst,' startled them from their sorrowful meditation, and as they listened to the words that followed, their minds kindled with a new hope. The Holy Spirit presented the symbol before them until they saw in it the offer of the priceless gift of salvation." {The Desire of Ages, page 454, paragraph 2} 

I am learning what it means to be "thirsty" for Jesus. If what He has invited me to do crosses my fallen nature and I am not "feeling it," then what a wonderful invitation that is to come to the feet of Jesus and ask Him to work in me both to will and to do of His good pleasure that which He desires to accomplish in me! The miracle of what the Holy Spirit will do in us is incredible--taking an evil heart of unbelief out and replacing it with a new heart imbued with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! What a great exchange! I choose to respond continually to Christ's offer to receive the living water of the Holy Spirit, how about you?
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2019, 03:31:20 PM »
"The words of Jesus were most clear and convincing; and again, as at Capernaum, the people were astonished at His teaching; "for His word was with power." Luke 4:32. Under a variety of representations He warned His hearers of the calamity that would follow all who rejected the blessings He came to bring them. He had given them every possible proof that He came forth from God, and made every possible effort to bring them to repentance. He would not be rejected and murdered by His own nation if He could save them from the guilt of such a deed."

"The cry of Christ to the thirsty soul is still going forth, and it appeals to us with even greater power than to those who heard it in the temple on that last day of the feast. The fountain is open for all. The weary and exhausted ones are offered the refreshing draught of eternal life. Jesus is still crying out today...

"If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink." "Let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." Revelation 22:17; John 4:14

Today the door of Salvation is Open to you and to me but, but the same question that Pilate asked is still valid..."What then shall I do with this man called Jesus" Each of us individually have to chose what our answer will be to that question and our answer will determine where we will spend eternity. It is my prayer that you and I will stand for the truth as it is in Jesus and when the battle is over we will stand on the Sea of Glass on the Heavenly Shore and hear His voice say....

"Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Mathew 25:21

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2019, 04:32:18 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

Jesus is the only perfect pattern and example of humanity the world has even known. Yet He came to this world not to be ministered unto, but to minister. His life He offered up for us on Calvary, that His atoning blood may cleanse us from all sin and iniquity. Christ was patient as each aspect of His mission unfolded, and we would wisely learn to follow His healing example and witness. Let His light shine through you as you invite Him into your heart by faith. He will abide in you and shed forth the light of a cheerful piety, even all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as you affectionately obey all the Ten Commandments by His grace and power!!

“The world for Christ was not a place of ease and self-aggrandizement. He was not watching for an opportunity to seize its power and its glory. It held out no such prize for Him. It was the place into which His Father had sent Him. He had been given for the life of the world, to work out the great plan of redemption. He was accomplishing His work for the fallen race. But He was not to be presumptuous, not to rush into danger, not to hasten a crisis. Each event in His work had its appointed hour. He must wait patiently. He knew that He was to receive the world’s hatred; He knew that His work would result in His death; but to prematurely expose Himself would not be the will of His Father.” {The Desire of Ages, page 451, paragraph 3}

Let us allow Christ to accomplish His mission, His plans, and His desires in and through us today!! Yield unreservedly to Him and let Him do miracles in your heart and the hearts of those around you!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2019, 08:26:56 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean. The world hated Jesus, and so it will hate all who love him and serve him. Why? Because the world is evil. All who are not converted are selfish, seeking to please self. There is no enmity towards Satan and sin until they hate evil because they love Jesus supremely and see what sin has done to Jesus. And, what it does to humanity. Do we hate sin yet?  Until blood?

He now gave a test by which the true teacher might be distinguished from the deceiver: "He that speaketh from himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh the glory of Him that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him." John 7:18, R. V. He that seeketh his own glory is speaking only from himself. The spirit of self-seeking betrays its origin. But Christ was seeking the glory of God. He spoke the words of God. This was the evidence of His authority as a teacher of the truth. 

Do we speak the Word of God? Do we love the Word of God? Do we love God supremely?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2020, 08:22:59 PM »
"Jesus knows the wants of the soul. Pomp, riches, and honor cannot satisfy the heart. "If any man thirst, let him come unto Me." The rich, the poor, the high, the low, are alike welcome. He promises to relieve the burdened mind, to comfort the sorrowing, and to give hope to the despondent. Many of those who heard Jesus were mourners over disappointed hopes, many were nourishing a secret grief, many were seeking to satisfy their restless longing with the things of the world and the praise of men; but when all was gained, they found that they had toiled only to reach a broken cistern, from which they could not quench their thirst. As they listened to the words that followed, their minds kindled with a new hope. The Holy Spirit presented the symbol before them until the saw in it the offer of the priceless gift of salvation."

"If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink."......"Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall  give him shall  never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." Rev. 22:17; John 4:14.

"The Lord Jesus seeks the co-operation of those who will become unobstructed channels for the communication of His grace. The first thing to be learned by all who would become workers together with God is the lesson of self-distrust; then they are prepared to have imparted to them the character of Christ. This is not to be gained through education in the most scientific schools. It is the fruit of wisdom that is obtained from the divine Teacher alone. "

If we would be successful laborers in the Vineyard of our Lord we must be willing to practice the words of this song in our daily lives....

Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.

Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
    But Christ that lives in me.

Dorine

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2020, 05:51:53 AM »
"The cry of Christ to the thirsty soul is still going forth, and it appeals to us with even greater power than to those who heard it in the temple on that last day of the feast. The fountain is open for all. The weary and exhausted ones are offered the refreshing draught of eternal life. Jesus is still crying, "If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink." "Let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." Revelation 22:17; John 4:14."

As I was reading our chapter for today I was reminded once again that unless we have a 'love' of the truth where we incorporate it's principles into our lives, no amount of head knowledge will fulfill the promise that Jesus offers to each one of us. I want to drink of the water that He offers for that's where we find peace, joy, happiness and everlasting life.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2020, 07:58:17 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

What a blessing we may experience as we come to Christ to truly satisfy us, rather than expect anything else in this life to truly fulfill our deepest longings. Since we were made in God's image, only Christ who is the image of God, who promises to live in us by the Holy Spirit, will truly fulfill our deepest desires. When we live by faith on Christ, all of the fruits of His Spirit are manifest in our character--without one missing--because we are depending upon every word of God as the living water, the divine nature, to uplift us above the pull of the world, the flesh and the devil! What a Friend and Savior we have in Jesus!!

"Jesus knew the wants of the soul. Pomp, riches, and honor cannot satisfy the heart. 'If any man thirst, let him come unto Me.' The rich, the poor, the high, the low, are alike welcome. He promises to relieve the burdened mind, to comfort the sorrowing, and to give hope to the despondent. Many of those who heard Jesus were mourners over disappointed hopes, many were nourishing a secret grief, many were seeking to satisfy their restless longing with the things of the world and the praise of men; but when all was gained, they found that they had toiled only to reach a broken cistern, from which they could not quench their thirst. Amid the glitter of the joyous scene they stood, dissatisfied and sad. That sudden cry, 'If any man thirst,' startled them from their sorrowful meditation, and as they listened to the words that followed, their minds kindled with a new hope. The Holy Spirit presented the symbol before them until they saw in it the offer of the priceless gift of salvation." {The Desire of Ages, page 454, paragraph 2}

Let us drink deeply of the love of Christ by having His words ever in our throughs and being in a continual attitude of praise, thanksgiving, and intercession!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2020, 04:48:48 AM »
Out of curiosity, where did Beacon and Pastor Shawn get there quotes? I assume they were cut and pasted. One says "knew" the other says "know"

Beacon

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2020, 06:10:49 AM »
Out of curiosity, where did Beacon and Pastor Shawn get there quotes? I assume they were cut and pasted. One says "knew" the other says "know"
Hello Richard - Yes, it should have been " knew " - Thanks for bringing that to my attention

Dorine

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2020, 04:26:49 AM »
"Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready. The world cannot hate you; but Me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil. Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast; for My time is not yet full come. When He had said these words unto them, He abode still in Galilee." His brothers had spoken to Him in a tone of authority, prescribing the course He should pursue. He cast their rebuke back to them, classing them not with His self-denying disciples, but with the world. "The world cannot hate you," He said, "but Me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil." The world does not hate those who are like it in spirit; it loves them as its own."

We see the same today. There are professed Christians who become very uncomfortable as soon as you start talking about spiritual subjects. As followers of Jesus we can expect hatred towards the truth we stand for. Even Jesus's brothers hated what He stood for and were unkind and cruel in their treatment of Him. May we always be loyal to our Saviour and not become despondent because we are not accepted by all. We will never have to face the constant ill treatment to the extent our Saviour received at the hands of so called children of God.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2020, 05:19:27 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine!

The One who made us knows what we most need! We need a living connection with Jesus by the Holy Spirit! Yet as it was in the time of Jeremiah, so it is today as we face temptation to turn from the only source of living water (Christ speaking to us in His word by the Holy Spirit) and go to the broken cisterns of the world, the flesh and the devil (anything that keeps us from Christ). "For My people have committed two evils; they have forsaken Me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water" (Jeremiah 2:13). Let us turn away from the unsatisfying broken cisterns of selfishness and respond to Jesus' invitation to drink of His living water in His word and partake of His divine nature by the Holy Spirit, whereby all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will flow in and through us to bless others! "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink. He that believeth on Me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake He of the Spirit, which they that believe on Him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)" (John 7:37-39).

Only as we partake of the blessing of salvation on a moment-by-moment basis in constant surrender of the entire heart Him to be filled with the Holy Spirit will we find the true glory and joy of life! We were created for eternal intimacy with God, and apart from Him, we cannot experience the fulfillment of our purpose. Let us behold Jesus in all His loveliness today and go forth to bless others because we have learned the joy of total surrender, letting self go, and allowing God to write His story in our lives for His glory! God bless you all!!

Beacon

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2020, 10:27:13 AM »
Have you ever felt like a person that Jesus could not use in His service due to a lack of what we call " Higher Education" at some prestigious University or Seminary??   Read these inspiring words again from today's chapter....

"They were humble and unlearned men, those fishers of Galilee; but Christ, the light of the world, was abundantly able to qualify them for the position for which He had chosen them. The Saviour did not despise education; for when controlled by the love of God, and devoted to His service, intellectual culture is a blessing. But He passed by the wise men of His time, because they were so self-confident that they could not sympathize with suffering humanity, and become colaborers with the Man of Nazareth. In their bigotry they scorned to be taught by Christ."

"The Lord Jesus seeks the co-operation of those who will become unobstructed channels for the communication of His grace. The first thing to be learned by all who would become workers together with God is the lesson of self-distrust; then they are prepared to have imparted to them the character of Christ. This is not to be gained through education in the most scientific schools. It is the fruit of wisdom that is obtained from the divine Teacher alone. "

Jesus is simply waiting for us to heed His call to be His ambassadors and when we come and humbly avail ourselves to Him - He will "Qualify" and "Empower"  us through the power of the Holy Spirit  to proclaim His message of Grace to a world that is soon to pass away.  I encourage you to come without delay and experience the joy that comes by serving the One who gave His Life - That we may have Eternal Life.

From the Book "Sanctified Life" We have these thoughts...The conflict still goes on between the children of light and the children of darkness. Those who name the name of Christ should shake off the lethargy that enfeebles their efforts, and should meet the momentous responsibilities that devolve upon them. All who do this may expect the power of God to be revealed in them. The Son of God, the world’s Redeemer, will be represented in their words and in their works, and God’s name will be glorified. {SL 41.1}

Beacon

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2020, 05:49:08 AM »
"The cry of Christ to the thirsty soul is still going forth, and it appeals to us with even greater power than to those who heard it in the temple on that last day of the feast. The fountain is open for all. The weary and exhausted ones are offered the refreshing draught of eternal life. Jesus is still crying out today...

"If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink." "Let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." Revelation 22:17; John 4:14

Today the door of Salvation is Open to you and to me but, but the same question that Pilate asked is still valid..."What then shall I do with this man called Jesus" Each of us individually has to chose what our answer will be to that question and our answer will determine where we will spend eternity. It is my prayer that you and I will stand for the truth as it is in Jesus and when the battle is over we will stand on the Sea of Glass on the Heavenly Shore and hear His voice say....

"Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Mathew 25:21

Dorine

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2020, 06:12:34 AM »
"Under a variety of representations He warned His hearers of the calamity that would follow all who rejected the blessings He came to bring them. He had given them every possible proof that He came forth from God, and made every possible effort to bring them to repentance. He would not be rejected and murdered by His own nation if He could save them from the guilt of such a deed."

It was not God's plan that Jesus should die at the hands of His own people. Die He must but not this way. His heart longed to bring salvation to them but He did not conform to their mold. Many times they were touched and convicted but they allowed pride to become a great stumbling block to them. Humanity has not changed. We see the same conditions today in His last church.  And in love and long suffering He still beckons us to come to Him that He may give us the only water that can satisfy; His living water.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2020, 08:37:59 AM »
If what you are seeking is not satisfying, why not go to the only One who knows what you are really desiring? Christ offers us true satisfaction in union and communion with Him--and there is true joy in His presence!

The gift of salvation is above all other gifts--and it is found only by abiding in Christ! He alone knows the deepest need of our souls! Let us yield fully to Him so all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing!