Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--49--At the Feast of Tabernacles  (Read 15756 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--49--At the Feast of Tabernacles
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2024, 07:27:39 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

Are you willing to let it go? Let go of what? Anything that is keeping you from finding your deepest, true soul satisfaction in thorough conversion to Christ in His word by the Holy Spirit. When we let go of whatever was getting in the way of Christ, we become partakers of the divine nature by surrendering the heart, mind and will fully to Him so He can fill us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we are empowered to obey God up to the light He has given us by the inspired truth of the word and the Spirit of Prophecy! Look up to Jesus! Let Him satisfy you so deeply that whatever gifts and blessings He has for you will not eclipse the light of His countenance from your character building experience! Let His mind be in you, so whatever trials and difficulties you face only become more cause for rejoicing, choosing to "count it all joy" (James 1:2) because nothing of the world can make you sad when you abide in Him!! Let no sin, no fear, no doubt mar the beautiful faith that works by love and purifies the soul from leading you to drink so deeply of the living water of the grace of Christ that you are moved by His infinite love to share the everlasting gospel with the world!!

"Jesus knew the wants of the soul. Pomp, riches, and honor cannot satisfy the heart. 'If any man thirst, let him come unto Me.' The rich, the poor, the high, the low, are alike welcome. He promises to relieve the burdened mind, to comfort the sorrowing, and to give hope to the despondent. Many of those who heard Jesus were mourners over disappointed hopes, many were nourishing a secret grief, many were seeking to satisfy their restless longing with the things of the world and the praise of men; but when all was gained, they found that they had toiled only to reach a broken cistern, from which they could not quench their thirst. Amid the glitter of the joyous scene they stood, dissatisfied and sad. That sudden cry, 'If any man thirst,' startled them from their sorrowful meditation, and as they listened to the words that followed, their minds kindled with a new hope. The Holy Spirit presented the symbol before them until they saw in it the offer of the priceless gift of salvation." {The Desire of Ages, page 454, paragraph 2}

When the received experience of the priceless gift of salvation matters more to you than any earthly thing, you allow God to bless your life and minister through your life in ways that are beyond your highest expectations--because "God worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13)! All glory to God!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2024, 01:58:03 PM »
Amen my dear brothers and sister!  Nothing but the "living water" will give us love, peace, and joy. We remember the transformation of the woman at the well when she received the living water. The great joy in her life was to give that living water to all who were seeking the Truth. So it today. Many, so very many are seeking the Truth.

As Jesus thus spoke to the people, their hearts thrilled with a strange awe, and many were ready to exclaim, with the woman of Samaria, "Give me this water, that I thirst not." John 4:15.
     Jesus knew the wants of the soul. Pomp, riches, and honor cannot satisfy the heart. "If any man thirst, let him come unto Me." The rich, the poor, the high, the low, are alike welcome. He promises to relieve the burdened mind, to comfort the sorrowing, and to give hope to the despondent. Many of those who heard Jesus were mourners over disappointed hopes, many were nourishing a secret grief, many were seeking to satisfy their restless longing with the things of the world and the praise of men; but when all was gained, they found that they had toiled only to reach a broken cistern, from which they could not quench their thirst. Amid the glitter of the joyous scene they stood, dissatisfied and sad. That sudden cry, "If any man thirst," startled them from their sorrowful meditation, and as they listened to the words that followed, their minds kindled with a new hope. The Holy Spirit presented the symbol before them until they saw in it the offer of the priceless gift of salvation.
     The cry of Christ to the thirsty soul is still going forth, and it appeals to us with even greater power than to those who heard it in the temple on that last day of the feast. The fountain is open for all. The weary and exhausted ones are offered the refreshing draught of eternal life. Jesus is still crying, "If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink." "Let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." Revelation 22:17; John 4:14.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

rahab

« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2024, 02:36:56 PM »
Great illustration sister Dorine !!

On a side note, have you ever noticed that this is the only feast that has not yet been fulfilled.  Not sure what that means really… 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2024, 07:45:20 AM »
rahab, that is a most important question you have brought up.

What does the Feast of Tabernacles foreshadow? Why have we  not see the fulfillment?

The Day of  Atonement has not been fulfilled yet. The two feast days are tied together. We cannot yet celebrate the reality. Why not? The heavenly sanctuary has not yet been cleansed. Why not? As Jesus cleanses it, we continue to dirty it. When Jesus walks out of the Most Holy Place there will be no more forgiveness of sins. He who is holy will be holy, and he who is filthy will remain filthy. The character of all of humanity will be fixed. All have chosen who they will serve. Jesus is waiting on us who have been entrusted with the sacred oracles of God. There is a multitude of thirsty ones who are seeking truth. Are we feeding them, or have we been distracted with the things of this world?

With sacred song and thanksgiving the worshipers celebrated this occasion. A little before the feast was the Day of Atonement, when, after confession of their sins, the people were declared to be at peace with Heaven. Thus the way was prepared for the rejoicing of the feast. "O give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good: for His mercy endureth forever" (Psalm 106:1) rose triumphantly, while all kinds of music, mingled with shouts of hosanna, accompanied the united singing. The temple was the center of the universal joy.

Why are we not rejoicing? Because as a church we are not at peace with Heaven. When we as a people sing the song of Moses, then we can rejoice and Jesus can come. Until then, let us drink from the fountain that we might share our rejoicing with others as we share the Living Water of Life.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

rahab

« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2024, 07:55:54 PM »
Thank you Richard for your response.
  I agree but still one verse is confusing.
When the all wicked are raised and prepare for the great battle of Gog and Maygog the Bible says that God’s people will be keeping the feast of tabernacles.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2024, 06:52:22 AM »
Share the verse. I don't see any problem with have a day to celebrate the blessings God has given, we do it every Sabbath as a special day to do so. When we look at all of the feast days, we understand that they are not moral law which always was and will always be. The Feast of Tabernacles may be an exception. But, as I understand that, I ask, did Adam and Eve celebrate a Feast of Tabernacles in the Garden before sin? No, there is no record of this. The feast days were ceremonial law, not moral law. We are told that it would be good to have special days to gather together, I believe annually like the feast days, but not the feast days which have passed away. This is important for us to understand, that the ceremonial law was nailed to the cross. I am sorry I cannot recall where I read about special days to gather together. It was many years ago when I read it in the Spirit of Prophecy.

There are some things we do not need to understand that one day we will understand. Many believe Jerusalem is not important to us today. They do not want to think of Jerusalem involved in future prophecies, that is only a spiritual Jerusalem, like America or not of any importance today or in the future. Yet, God looks at Jerusalem as important which includes the location. Yet, there is nothing in Jerusalem today that would cause us to go there. Where will New Jerusalem be located? Where will Jesus choose to come back? rahab, I am just sharing some thoughts, not teaching. There is a teaching in the church that we are to keep the feast days today. This is a dangerous teaching. There was no such thing as the Day of Atonement or the Passover prior to sin. Thus, these are not moral laws, but ceremonial. Those who leaders in teaching the feast days as moral law are in error. To teach this would give fuel to those who claim we are legalists keeping the laws of God. The Bible teaches that the ceremonial laws were nailed to the cross. From Colossians chapter 2:

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

This says "the Sabbath Days."  Not, the moral law, the Sabbath "Day".   And notice "the new moon."   But, will we not keep the "new moon" on the new Earth?  There is much we shall learn when all is made clear. In Colossians the new moon has been nailed to the cross.

rahab

« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2024, 05:30:27 PM »
Zechariah 14:16 KJV
And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

This is during the preparation of the great battle Gog and Magog referred to in Ezekiel

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2024, 09:21:28 AM »
Let's study the verse in its context. That might help.

14:13   And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour. 
 14:14   And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance. 
 14:15   And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague. 
 14:16   And it shall come to pass, [that] every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 
 14:17   And it shall be, [that] whoso will not come up of [all] the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. 

There was a fight at Jerusalem.  The wealth of all the heathen round about was gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.  There were those who would not  worship God. What happened to them? There was no rain. I lack understanding of world history including to a degree the history of Israel. God loved rebellious Israel and worked mightily for them until they murdered His Son.

Gog and Magog involves Jerusalem as I understand. Just before probation closes, the King of the North will go into Jerusalem and then before probation closes will come to her end. None will help her. Daniel 11:45, 12:1.  Many other denominations believe Russia is the country that will go into Jerusalem as I understand. There are a lot various predictions. It is sad that they misunderstand Israel is still God's chosen people. Thus, from Europe and the US there is this desire to destroy Russia who they see as the great enemy of God. Many in our church have been indoctrinated to believe the papacy is the King of the North. While she is the enemy of God, she will not come to her end prior to the close of probation. Turkey is the King of the North and her leader supports Hamas and says they are going to defend Jerusalem from Israel and the US.   We live in the days the prophets wrote about. God tells us what is going to happen before it happens. if we want to better understand the history and future of Rome, both pagan and papal, the seven trumpets make it very clear that she has been and will remain the enemy of God. But, she has been warned all along the way. And when she did not repent, very bad things happened to both pagan Rome and papal Rome, just as the trumpet warned. And today, God continues to warn papal Rome and her children to turn from their evil. He has entrusted to His church to warn Rome (Babylon) that the faithful are to come out of her. We have failed to do that which has been entrusted to, and therefore, Jesus has not come.

Because I lack a throrough understanding of the history of Israel, I am open to be taught.  2,000 years is a lot of history. Thank you for sharing, rahab. Share your understanding of God and Magog.

rahab

« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2024, 03:25:25 PM »
Thank you for your response.

As I understand it, Armageddon is the great battle at the second coming.

Gog and Magog battle is at the 3rd coming when Jesus resurrects all the wicked.  They will be given time to prepare for their battle to try and overtake the new Jerusalem.  This is when God’s people will be keeping the feast of tabernacles.   

I don’t believe we are to keep the feasts but this one instance keeps me studying.