Author Topic: The Gospel In The Old Testament  (Read 36103 times)

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
Re: The Gospel In The Old Testament
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2007, 09:31:17 AM »
Great to see you here again on The Remnant Online, Brother Greg.  You always have some "Jesus inspired thoughts" for us. I liked the comparisons of Joseph and Rahab, and how they were used by God.  I was also thinking, "they both did something...they listened to God's voice and then did His will."

I was reading Brother Crawford's earlier posts here, and I like this one:

If I read Matthew 15:8 correctly, Jesus is not as interested in our lip service AS HE IS OUR HEART SERVICE!!! Verbal proclamations have their place, but they avail us nothing if we do not have the corresponding SERVICE OF THE HEART to accompany those proclamations. What we as Christians need today more than ever before IS FOR OUR ACTIONS to speak as loud as our words. Many of us are very good at talking a good talk; but are we also EQUALLY AS GOOD at walking a good walk?

That reminded me of Matt.21:28-32.  Jesus believes in not only saying, but doing.  Don't you and I feel the same way? Lovely words are nice, but worthless if there is nothing behind them. I have a friend who signs everything with these four words...Love Is An Action.  I have come to truly believe that.

Dora

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
Re: The Gospel In The Old Testament
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2007, 03:06:34 PM »
So true. Many can have the appearence of being with Christ, but the Spirit in their life comes out when they are out of the spotlight. In time it is seen amoung others too. We must have the Spirit of God in us, guiding us. If we don't, the things we do will be worthless. The Spirit of God has to be our leader.
With Christian Love,
Marie