Author Topic: Present truth  (Read 11710 times)

jherbertthompson

Present truth
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2001, 11:33:00 AM »
This may be elementary to most.  However a question is never unworthy...

Has anyone read "Last Day Events" [EGW]?  It is my understanding that she says that 'Present Truth' is actually several things.  [1] It is a ever moving message which has grown with the corporate body of the church; and, on the personal level with individuals; [2] As we grow closier so the end of the age, present truth will usher in each phase (so-to-speak) of the Three Angels Messages...
[3] This will be especially true with "The Refreshing" which leads into the "Latter Rain"...

I wonder if the "enabling power of the Holy Spirit" now, in our every day lives constitutes the "Present Truth Message"...We will not suddenly come into the "trusting saints" we must be in order to meet the final crisis unless we have "lived up to" and "incorporated the Present Truth" into our lives...Whachathink?

This is an increasingly more interesting subject the more I read and prayerfully study the testamonies given by EGW.

Thanks for any comment made!
Your brother in Christ.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Present truth
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2001, 01:51:00 PM »
Brother Herbert, I think you are seeing the truth, you might say "present truth".  :) Yes, present truth does indeed prepare us day by day for that big day that is soon to come. He who is faithful in the least is faithful in much. If we walk in the light that has come we have fellowship one with another. This allows more light to come!  :)

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Present truth
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2008, 05:27:57 AM »
I was thinking about "present truth" today and wanted to share the thought that truth comes home to our hearts via the Holy Spirit.  If we want the truth, then we ought to be praying for the Holy Spirit to open our hearts to the truth. The truth that He brings to us, will indeed be "present truth" for us. But, when we speak of present truth in this topic, we are speaking of truth that is particularly important today for us as a people. The gospel truth has always been the message for the world. But, today there is a truth that was not given a thousand years ago, but is being given today. It prepares us for the work we are to be doing. It enlightens us as to the work Christ is doing today, not that which He did 4,000 years ago. The work He did 4,000 years ago is important, but it is not as important to us as knowing what He is doing right now for us. Listen for the cutting edge of truth, present truth and you will not only know what Christ is doing, but you will know just where He wants you to be. Christ is directing His people through the Holy Spirit and His Word into that perfect path He has prepared for us.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Present truth
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2008, 05:52:44 AM »
Listen for the cutting edge of truth, present truth and you will not only know what Christ is doing, but you will know just where He wants you to be. Christ is directing His people through the Holy Spirit and His Word into that perfect path He has prepared for us.

Amen.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89