Author Topic: Matthew 24  (Read 68543 times)

Vicki

Re: Matthew 24
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2012, 08:03:32 PM »
Morality is as it was at the time of the flood.

So many people do not see the evil in today's society with LGBT, cheating spouses, lying, pilfering, me 1st in everything, etc. But, they do see the evil when children are involved. So much abuse, so many missing children, so many murdered children. There is hardly a day goes by that something with children being harmed isn't reported, sometimes several separate instances across the country. Sometimes I skim the comments following stories. Not pretty. But, there are people who are wondering what is going on with the world that so much evil is happening. I pray they find the right answer  - the Holy Spirit is being withdrawn; and choose the right path - Jesus says to all, "Come", "Choose ye this day whom ye shall serve."

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2012, 06:49:25 AM »
Amen, Victoria.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2012, 07:38:39 AM »
Mat 24:37  But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38  For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39  And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

We are living in these days. Any comments on the correlation?

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2012, 09:58:12 PM »
God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.  From all that I see, we are at the same level of evil. I don't imagine we have much time left before this earth will be destroyed again. Things are very wicked.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Plain Adventist

• In Search of Primitive Godliness
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2012, 05:26:01 AM »
Something to notice is that before the flood, it was a time of prosperity and enjoyment. It seemed that things were getting better and life would roll on happily. The people did not expect that all was about to end in a very short time. They were eating, drinking, marrying, and having a wonderful time.

We see this now in our country. Despite all the financial trouble in the world, in reality so many people live very well, even luxuriously. It is a time of pleasure and enjoyment as people are wrapped up in their entertainments, their pursuits, their gaining of wealth. People continue to look for things to get better, rather than realizing that it is all suddenly, unexpectedly, to come to an end.

It is harder to reach people when they are almost fully anesthetized by their luxurious diet, their electronic media, and their entertainments, than when they are desperate, poor, and in trouble. Satan wants it this way, so more will be lost. Let's pray that we will not be lulled to sleep in this time of comparative peace.
Amy Pavlovik ~~ “The strength and spirituality of the people of God are manifest by the distinctness of the line of demarcation which separates them from the world.” SW 17

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2013, 05:31:50 AM »
Amen, Amy. Could this be the problem according to your description? Those who are not spiritually minded have a better excuse than those professing to know Him:

Rev 3:14  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Rev 3:15  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18  I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19  As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2013, 06:20:53 AM »
Here is a very accurate picture of that time. It is eerily accurate for our day.

They worshipped selfish indulgence,--eating, drinking, merry-making,--and resorted to acts of violence and crime if their desires and passions were interfered with.   
     In the days of Noah the overwhelming majority was opposed to the truth, and enamored with a tissue of falsehoods. The land was filled with violence. War, crime, murder, was the order of the day. Just so will it be before Christ's second coming (MS 24, 1891).   

Before the destruction of the old world by a flood, there were talented men, men who possessed skill and knowledge. But they became corrupt in their imagination, because they left God out of their plans and councils. They were wise to do what God had never told them to do, wise to do evil. The Lord saw that this example would be deleterious to those who should afterwards be born, and He took the matter in hand. For one hundred twenty years He sent them warnings through His servant Noah. But they used the probation so graciously granted them in ridiculing Noah. They caricatured him and criticized him. They laughed at him for his peculiar earnestness and intense feeling in regard to the judgments which he declared God would surely fulfill. They talked of science and of the laws controlling nature. Then they held a carnival over the words of Noah, calling him a crazy fanatic. God's patience was exhausted. He said to Noah, "The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them, and, behold, I will destroy them from the earth" (MS 29, 1890).

wigina

« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2013, 08:10:56 PM »
21: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22: Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23: And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things.
24: Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26: For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28: And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29: Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, ill will; whisperers,
30: Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31: Without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, refusing to reconcile, unmerciful:
32: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
  -- Romans 1:21-32 (ukjv)
two weeks ago, a man was found having lured some college girls into performing sex (beastiality) with a dog while he watched and took pictures in  my home town. It is truly the end of times. The women have left the natural use of their bodies and the men have turned their passions to each other neglecting their women. Men are marrying men and women are entertaining animals! Whether for pleasure for gain or whatever it is all against God and a sign of the end. The end is near even at the door. Our admonition in verse 32 do we watch and have these as our friends? Do we condemn wnd dissociate? Let this be our challenge today lest He come and ask us what we did about it. Noah preached against the vices for an hundred and twenty years. Our hundred and twenty is wearing down toa close. Unlike Noah our chastisement will be greater our predicament worse our torment of body and soul great so that the time must be shorter lest we all fall. Hild on fast to the truth that you have and seek the gold tested with fire from Him whom all things flow.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2013, 06:40:17 AM »
Oh, Wigina ... it is a horrible account. To what depths will mankind fall! It is indeed a fiendish frenzy of base immorality. The blessing of procreation has been turned upside down.

wigina

« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2013, 07:36:03 AM »
yes Mimi ! The ends people go to provoke the living God! And yetthe apostle admonishes us not to judge 1: Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whosoever you are that judge: for wherein you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you that judge do the same things.
2: But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
3: And think you this, O man, that judge them which do such things, and do the same, that you shall escape the judgment of God?
4: Or despise you the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
  -- Romans 2:1-4 (ukjv) and again tells us that We should not reveal the sins of others if they repent them in our presence for when we convert such we are able to hide a multitude of sins 1: Go to now, all of you rich men, weep and wail for your miseries that shall come upon you.
19: Brethren, if any of you do go astray from the truth, and one convert him;
20: Let him know, that he which converts the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
  -- James 5:1;19-20 (ukjv) may the Lord be with us and let us be steadfast and hold dear to what we have and at all times seek to have the character of Jesus Christ Who being God sought to be lesser than the least of the heavenly host to redeem us. Amen!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2013, 08:00:45 AM »
Let's talk about judging for a minute. How are we to judge? We mentally evaluate people with "by their fruits ye shall know them." Most times we say nothing at all after such an evaluation. How are God's people to judge another that does not cause us to sin and thereby condemn ourselves? There is righteous judgment and also unrighteous.

wigina

« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2013, 09:15:49 AM »
Its like weighing! When we weigh do we judge? I do not have a better term in our swahili language we say '' pima'' to mean weigh and ''Hukumu'' to mean judge! So even of false prophets the translation is weigh not judge. How do we judge now when we are not able to discern of the hidden things in a mans heart? Oh how I wish that anytime I am tempted to judge only the words my the Lord have mercy on him for he knows not what be does' would come to my lips and my heart. No more cursing in whatsoever manner to come from my lips. How I wish that instead of bringing accusations I would only ask my Lord to forgive!!! I long for the true and fair judgement after the millennium 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2013, 02:04:59 PM »
Amen. There is a true and fair judgment going on at this moment, and during the millennium we will see how true and fair it was. God bless you and your family this Sabbath day, Wigina.

wigina

« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2013, 08:01:41 PM »
Amen and be blessed too. Yes our judgement is on, let us all strengthen each other and encourage one another so that we are found worthy of everlasting life. Not by our own strength but by abiding in Whom our strength is anchored! The Lord is my shepherd my King and my God. Amen! Happy Sabbath to all!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2013, 07:14:58 AM »
Let us take the next three verses together. A simple reading would give us a 50% outcome for good or bad in this prophecy. It reminds me of the situation with the ten virgins. Half obtained oil for their lamps. Half did not.

How do we rightly interpret these verses? Do they have something to do with a secret rapture as popularly taught?

Mat 24:40  Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:41  Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:42  Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2013, 09:19:18 AM »
There is a true and fair judgment going on at this moment, and during the millennium we will see how true and fair it was.

On what basis are all judged?  And how will we see that it was fair?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2013, 09:38:12 AM »
Good question. I am sure our Bible students have an answer.

ranger

« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2013, 05:35:25 PM »
Let us take the next three verses together. A simple reading would give us a 50% outcome for good or bad in this prophecy. It reminds me of the situation with the ten virgins. Half obtained oil for their lamps. Half did not.

How do we rightly interpret these verses? Do they have something to do with a secret rapture as popularly taught?

Mat 24:40  Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:41  Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:42  Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

The common interpretation of the world is that one wants to be taken because they are the ones taken to heaven. However if we look at the previous verses,
Mat 24
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Who was it that was taken during the flood, and who was left?
The church is to be strengthened, the world is to be warned. Jesus is coming soon!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2013, 05:55:32 PM »
Excellent point, Ranger. It is not as the world has it.

The Lord is coming in power and great glory. It will then be His work to make a complete separation between the righteous and the wicked. But the oil cannot then be transferred to the vessels of those who have it not. Then shall be fulfilled the words of Christ, "Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left." The righteous and the wicked are to be associated together in the work of life. But the Lord reads the character. He discerns who are obedient children, who respect and love His commandments.--TM 234 (1895).  {LDE 236.1} 
     It is a solemn thing to die, but a far more solemn thing to live. Every thought and word and deed of our lives will meet us again. What we make of ourselves in probationary time, that we must remain to all eternity. Death brings dissolution to the body, but makes no change in the character. The coming of Christ does not change our characters; it only fixes them forever beyond all change.--5T 466

It is a solemn thing to die, but a far more solemn thing to live. Do we believe this? We should. Oh how holy we should be living. Jesus' coming is so very close and every advantage should be taken to buy of Him oil, buy of Him gold tried in the fire. Eternity is at our doorsteps. Let us pray for one another. 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2013, 07:49:53 PM »
Every thought and word and deed of our lives will meet us again. What we make of ourselves in probationary time, that we must remain to all eternity. Death brings dissolution to the body, but makes no change in the character. The coming of Christ does not change our characters; it only fixes them forever beyond all change.--5T 466

Amen! The Sabbath School lesson does not seem to express this truth very well. We are going to as we study the Book of Zechariah, starting with this afternoon's lesson.  Too many in God's church teach something new where our works do not judge us. We are saved by grace, but as is often said, by grace only, meaning that good works have nothing to do with our being in heaven. Good works do not earn justification, but they are evidence of it. The whole Bible expresses this truth which so many today who are identified as pastors abhor.

None will receive a new character when Jesus comes. If their character does not reflect Christ, they will not be in heaven. We must have His Spirit and therefore the fruits of His Spirit in order to enter the kingdom of God. Jesus says it so clearly that none need err. "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again." John 3:3-7.