Author Topic: Prayer request - Lewis  (Read 47955 times)

Lewis

Re: Prayer request - Lewis
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2014, 06:09:42 PM »
 :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2014, 06:28:41 PM »
We take this to mean that the surgery went well, dear brother.  God is so very GOOD!!  We will continue to pray for a speedy recovery.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2014, 02:48:06 AM »
It has been a difficult 2 years for the family. Many things took place in our home and lives that I thought would never happen to us. When the time is right I will talk about a few things. Some things I will only speak of in private, and some things will never be spoken of. I asked God to do something. What ever He wanted. I told Him that I did not want to hurry Him in looking for answers, but that it seemed the wait had been too long, and that under the circumstances, could He hurry! God answered. The answer I know came from Him before I realized it, but did not recognize this until 2 weeks ago, and changes are slowly starting to take place in the home. It seems when you take a stand and fight for what you understand and know to be truth found in the bible and Spirit of Prophecy, and speak out about the things occurring in our church and our lives... the enemy of truth is there to destroy. Satan tries to destroy the family. It seemed that all was a total loss at several points over the last 2 years. But God in His time was there all along. God will be victorious in this home. The choice is mine... the choice belongs to each of us. By saying yes, all with be fine! By saying no... the ending will be sad! Choose ye this day whom ye will serve! For me and my house, we will serve the Lord!

So good to have you back Lewis. So sorry for your problems. I believe that all of us who are speaking up for the sins within the Church are feeling great pain. I have tried to inform my eldest son with no response. Sending things to both sons to listen, watch and read. It would do no good to talk to my youngest because they are too aloof to think that anything I would have to say of "issues" would be of any interest to them, (let alone correct) as they will think as they will. Since I left California my eldest has been infested with error through his wife's family and it makes me so sad that I left him there alone. But he is almost 50. One can't protect forever. All who are parents are really feeling it now days. All who are spouses, children, etc.....  We are told that we will get far more trouble from within the church then from without. It will hurt far more and standing against what they believe will be must harder. May God be with us and help us to know what to say and when. Our prayers are with you brother.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Lewis

« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2014, 05:48:05 PM »
The surgery went well.

Two screws, two rods, and a "cage" with several small screws with a screen around it between two disks. Also they did a bone graft and put in around the disks where the "cage" is. She is in a lot of pain.

Thanks for all the prayers.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2014, 09:58:46 PM »
Hi Again Lewis,

Please let us know how things turn out for her as far as the pain goes. I am not wanting to go into surgery for my disk problems. I know things are a lot better at being a success now days then years ago. But I still don't want to. Tell her we are praying for her. :)
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2014, 06:44:06 AM »
We continue to pray for your wife and family, dear Lewis.  The pain and suffering will soon be over. Jesus is even at the door.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.