Author Topic: Difficult Biblical Questions  (Read 63660 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Difficult Biblical Questions
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2000, 06:02:00 PM »
Amen, Brother Crawford, if we do not believe in the power of God's grace to keep us doing right, then we have not enough faith to enter heaven. Amen!   :)  God's grace, His goodness, His unmerited favor towards us while we were yet sinners will bring a clean thing out of an unclean thing! It sounds impossible, but by faith we are to believe.

In His love and grace,    Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

M.A. Crawford

• http://
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2000, 04:29:00 PM »
Some of our readers might say in their minds: "Yeah, that may be easy for you to say but what about those of us who are not quite as spiritually advanced as others? How do we grow in grace? How do we develop faith in God?" The answer to both questions is not as difficult as it may seem.

CHRIST IS THE ANSWER! He came to this earth and left us an example that, if followed 100%, would lead to eternal life. So now all we have to do is very carefully copy what He would do in every department of our lives: where we go, what we do, what we say, and even what we think. The question we are to ask each time we make a decision in one or more of the departments above is: WOULD CHRIST DO (SAY OR THINK) THIS? If the answer is no, then neither should we!

The way to salvation and eternal life is not hard at all. Jesus said "I am the way." What has happened in many instances is there are some who want to "burn the candle at both ends." But the Bible says: "No man can serve two masters..." (Luke 16:13). It is not possible to hold on to God's unchanging Hand while "looking back" (as did Lot's wife) and cherishing some of our "pet sins" that we are unwilling to let go (such as how some "Christians" mistreat one another, for example).

If we are serious about growing in grace and strengthening our faith in God, the Holy Spirit will recognize this and will assist us in both. But neither will be accomplished overnight. EVERY DAY we must ask God for a fresh supply of grace and faith for that particular day. Our minds must constantly be "in Heavenly places" because "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).

Happy sabbath.

M.A.  

M.A.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2000, 08:53:00 PM »
Amen!!! Fresh stores of grace each day. We can not store grace. We need Jesus every day! If we would spend that thoughtful hour a day with Jesus, we would learn of His love and His grace would transform our characters!!

Amen, Brother Crawford, amen.

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Edward F. Sutton

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2000, 05:15:00 AM »
Paula asked for help with proof -Sabbath Sunday issue. Richard said he would put the issue over here and see the responce.

Jesus was crucified on Friday (the 6th day of the week), He slept in the tomb on the Sabbath the seventh day of the week; He rose from the dead on Sunday the first day of the week.

Get the video called "the Seventh Day ...Revelations from the lost pages of history." produced by LLT . Go through Tagnet to locate LLT. Did you know that each day has a hebrew name to deliniate it's time relationship to the Sabbath ?

------------------
Ed Sutton

[This message has been edited by Edward F. Sutton (edited 09-11-2000).]

Ed Sutton

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2000, 12:56:00 PM »
Posted for Brother Crawford---

A brother with whom I have corresponded asked me to post the following message in this forum: "1 Peter 3:19 and 1 Peter 4:6 seem to indicate that (the) gospel was proclaimed to the dead which means the dead are aware of things (contrary) to what David said that the dead know nothing. I would appreciate some response to this question. Thank you."

M.A.

M.A. Crawford

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2000, 09:22:00 AM »
"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometimes were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water." 1 Peter 3:18-20.

These texts of Scripture do not say that Christ went and preached to lost souls in hell between His crucifixion and resurrection. What they do say is the preaching was done "by the Spirit" (v. 18) in Noah's day to people who were then living (vs. 19, 20). The term "spirits in prison" refers to people whose lives were in bondage to Satan. See Psalms 142:7; Isaiah 42:6, 7; 61:1; and Luke 4:18. (see slso Are The Dead Really Dead? AFBSG, p.13).

Commenting on the above texts, the SDA Bible Commentary says: "Some hold that ch. 3:18-20 and ch. 4:6 support the doctrine of an immortal soul and consciousness after death, and that during the interval between the crucifixion and the resurrection Christ descended into Hades, the figurative realm of the dead (see on Matt. 11:23), to preach to disembodied spirits languishing there. But the logic of this view demands that the 'spirits' here referred to be in some sort of purgatory at the time Christ preached to them and that the purpose of His preaching was to give them a second chance to be saved and thus to escape from purgatory....Those who maintain that Peter here supports their belief in the so-called natural immortality of the soul must also explain why Christ would be partial to the 'spirits' of dead sinners of Noah's time and not give to those of other generations a similar opportunity.

"The Scriptures plainly teach that a man must accept salvation IN THIS PRESENT LIFE, if at all, and that his personal probation closes at death (see on Matt. 16:27; Luke 16:26-31; Rom. 2:6; Heb. 9:27; cf. Eze. 18:24; Rev. 22:12). They also plainly teach that the dead are not conscious (see on Ps. 146:4; Eccl. 9:5, 6; Matt. 10:28; John 11:11; 1 Thess. 4:13; cf. on Gen. 2:7; Eccl. 12:7). Accordingly, to make these 'spirits' out to be disembodied conscious beings able to hear and accept the gospel, contradicts numerous plain teachings of Scripture..." (Emphasis mine).

"For for this cause was the gospel preached  also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit." 1 Peter 4:6.

1 Peter 4:6 DOES NOT say the Gospel was preached to dead people. Let's look at the text of Scripture very carefully. What it does say is the Gospel "was" preached to those who "are" dead. "They are dead now, but the gospel 'was' preached to them while they were yet living" (see Are The Dead Really Dead? AFBSG, p. 12.

M.A.  

M.A.

Michelle

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2000, 06:04:00 PM »
I hope that this is the place for this question.  My husband and I have recently been reading through Uriah Smith's Daniel and Revelation book.  My husband had a question that I must have missed in my reading, but to which we can't find the answer.  I'll try to be as clear as possible.

Daniel 11 talks about the King of the South and the King of the North.  Smith interpreted  South as Egypt, north as Turkey (which seems to be pretty standard SDA interpretation).  Daniel 11:45 says, ". . . yet he [king of the north] shall come to his end, and none shall help him."  The Ottoman Empire was carved up in 1922, with no one coming to its rescue.  Smith's book was obviously written before this event, but we have an edition from 1944, yet this part of the book is still left as if it is open to interpretation.  I had missed this point, as I am not the historian in the family.  My husband, the historian, says it is jumping out at him.

The real point comes in Daniel 12:1, the next verse, which says, "And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people:  and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book."  This suggests that the priestly duties of Jesus are complete and he stands up as the king.  What is the relation of this verse to the work in the sanctuary?  Is the work ongoing?  Are we still in the time of "probation"?  How do we understand this verse?  I have tried to research it further, but don't really know where to look.  

I come up with Rev. 22:11, "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still:  and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still:  and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still:  and he that is holy, let him be holy still."  This is given in the context of the immediacy of Christ's return, and the commentary in Smith's book says that the probation ends with the judging of the currently living people.  If this is the case, how could anyone born after 1922 be judged, if Jesus left the sanctuary at the time of the overthrow of the Ottoman Empire?

Does this question even make sense?  Do I need to reword it?  I'd appreciate it if some of you scholars could head us in the right direction here.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2000, 08:04:00 PM »
Without interpreting Daniel 11, I would like to make comment on Daniel 12:1. It is future. Probation for the world has not closed.  :)

Jesus' coming is soon. Very little is left in prophecy before the second coming. We are on the edge of eternity. There is still time to accept Christ and to allow Him to fit us for the judgment which is underway. Soon, it will be too late, character will be fixed for eternity.

Just for the moment, I will give one indication that probation for the world has not closed. The last test to come to mankind before probation closes is a national Sunday law in the U.S. and then worldwide. The image to the beast must first be formed, and it is, just as we speak. Protestants are forming a union with Roman Catholicism and spiritualism. The United States is rejecting it's heritage as a Protestant nation. Soon all will have decided and their election will be made sure.

Others may comment on Daniel 11.

In His love and grace,   Richard

Gerry C. Wagoner

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2000, 11:58:00 AM »
It is widely recognized among our Biblical scholars that we, as a church, made a colossal blunder in our original interpretation of Turkey..  The ongoing revelation of time made necessary, as I understand it, a reinterpretation of this passage.

Dr.'s Hans LaRondelle and Jon Paulien could speak to this issue far better than I.  I may email Jon and pose the question to him.  I'll pass any answer on to you...

This is not to lead to disconfidence in the works of brother Uriah Smith.  His contribution in the Advent movement is without chicanery.

brother Gerry

(Just back from the Outer Banks of North Carolina after a 2-week exhale).  :)

M.A. Crawford

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2001, 08:36:00 AM »
"What is the relation of this verse to the work in the sanctuary? Is the work ongoing? Are we still in the time of 'probation'? How do we understand this verse?"

To take the last question first, we understand this verse (Dan. 12:1) by permitting the Bible to interpret itself. This is done primarily by way of Bible reaearch, and sometimes with the assistance of the spirit of prophecy writings of Ellen G. White.

"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people:..."

To add to what already has been said, most Seventh-day Adventists will concur that Michael is another name for Christ because there is ONLY ONE PRINCE who stands for the people. Rev. 12:7 tells us: "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels." There are only two forces that command angels: the god of this world called Satan (v. 9), and the Son of man "who shall come in the glory of his father with his angels" (Matt. 16:27).

When Christ stands up, His mediatoral work in the Most Holy Place of the Heavenly Sanctuary will have ended. He lays aside His priestly garments and dons His kingly apparel as He proclaims: " He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still" (Rev. 22:11) as He prepares to return to this earth to gather His redeemed (GC, p. 613).

"...and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation...."

When Christ stands up, probation will have closed for the inhabitants of the earth, and there shall come a time of trouble such as never was, meaning calamity like this has never happened before. I believe the Seven Last Plagues of Revelation 16 shall occur at this time. Ellen White tells us that the people of God will not be immune to the discomfort and distress that shall take place during this time. She states that: "The people of God will then be plunged into those scenes of affliction and distress described by the prophet as the time of Jacob's trouble." Jeremiah 30:5-7. (GC, p. 616). BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS...!

"...and at that time thy people shall be delivered, everyone that shall be found written in the book."

Isn't that good news? God IS NOT going to leave His people to perish at the hands of evil men and women during this time of trouble. The Bible tells us that EVERYONE shall be delivered whose name shall be found written in the Book of Life!

THIS is the GOOD NEWS today just prior to that time to those who are being persecuted, misused, abused, and suffering at the hands of those who are led by the enemy.  The word is: HOLD ON, just a little while longer. GOD SHALL NOT LEAVE HIS PEOPLE! Everyone shall be delivered, "everyone that shall be found written in the book."

M.A.  

M.A.

adventbeliever

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2001, 07:31:00 PM »
If I may jump right in I would like to answer the first question that was asked in this thread by James S. and also address the question relating to the king of the south and the king of the north in Dan.11.

The first question, Was the Holy Spirit given in the Old Testament? The Scripture which is usually quoted in this reference is John 7:39. "But this spake He of the Holy Spirit, which they that believe on Him should receive: FOR THE HOLY GHOST WAS NOT YET GIVEN; BECAUSE THAT JESUS WAS NOT YET GLORIFIED."

First, Titus 2:11 says that "The grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men." The grace of God is the Spirit of God. Speaking of the wise virgins we read: "The latter class had received the grace of God, the regenerating, enlightening power of the Holy Spirit." G.C.394. "They must have His grace, the Spirit of Christ to help their infirmities or they cannot form a Christian character." F.W.38.

But what does Jonn mean when He says that the Holy Spirit was not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified? It means that the Holy Spirit was not given in its fullness! "During the patriarchal age the influence of the Holy Spirit had often been revealed in a marked manner, but NEVER IN ITS FULLNESS. Now, in obedience to the word of the Savior, the disciples offered their supplications for this gift, and in Heaven Christ added His intercession. He claimed the gift of the Spirit, that He might pour it upon His people. The Spirit came upon the waiting, praying disciples with a fullness that reached every heart." A.A.37,38.

Following the coronation of Christ in Heaven, the Holy Spirit was poured out in its fullness. This is what the prophets of the Old Testaments said they had not received and therefore it is written: "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who PROPHESIED OF THE GRACE THAT SHOULD COME UNTO YOU: searching what, or what manner of time THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST, WHICH WAS IN THEM did signify, when it testifed beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and THE GLORY THAT SHOULD FOLLOW. Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things which are now being reported unto you by them... which things the angels desire to look into." 1 Peter 1:10-12.

The prophets were studying the scriptures in order to know the times when the Holy Spirit would be given in its fullness! This event took place at Pentecost. Since then the fullness of the Holy Spirit is offered to us through faith in the merits of the Savior. T.M.96,97.  

James, did that help you in any way?  :)  

[This message has been edited by adventbeliever (edited 02-19-2001).]

adventbeliever

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2001, 08:13:00 PM »
Now the second question I would like to address is the one relating to the king of the south and the king of the north in Dan.11:40. I believe that in order to discover the true identity of these kings in the context of Dan.11:40, one must study history. The chapter THE FRENCH REVOLUTION from THE GREAT CONTROVERSY provides us with  answers. First, I suggest you turn to G.C. p.356 where it is stated that 1798 is "the time of the end" referred to in Dan.11:40. Then in the other chapter, between pages 265 and 276, and pages 286,287, it is clearly stated that Atheistic France, "spiritually" Egypt, was the king of the south in 1798 and that the papacy was the king of the north. After all, it should not be too difficult to convince any SDA that it was General Berthier who in 1798 entered Rome and took the Pope into captivity and who died in exile.

It is the papacy, the king of the north, who, in the end, at the time of the fifth and sixth plagues, "shall come to his end, and no one will help him." Dan.11:45. It is at that time that "thick darkness" will fall upon the earth and then when the wicked see the rainbow spanning the heavens and hovering over the people of God, they will fall at their feet and acknowledged that God has loved them. Then they will turn against the papacy and the false prophet (apostate protestantism) and the swords which were to slay God's people will then be employed to destroy their enemies. Everywhere there is strife and bloodshed. G.C.656.

"With shouts of triumph, jeering, and imprecation, throngs of evil men are about to rush upon their prey, when, lo, a dense blackness, deeper than the darkness of the night, falls upon the earth. (fifth plague) Then a rainbow, shining with the glory from the throne of God, spans the heavens and seems to encircle each praying company. The angry multitudes (the waters of Rev.17:15) are suddenly arrested (this is the drying up of the river Euphrates). Their mocking cries die away. The objects of their rage are forgotten. With fearful forebodings they gaze upon the symbol of God's covenant and long to be shielded from its overpowering brightness." G.C.635,636.

Daniel 11:40-45 is a picture of entire world conquest by the king of the north, namely, the Papacy, and her complete demise at the hand of her own supporters. As the king of the north conquers the world, he shall even enter into the "glorious land" which today is the professed church of God. Dan.11:41. He shall have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant. Dan.11:30. Could this verse be referring to the Omega of Apostasy?

"The kings of the earth, and all the inhabitants of the world, would not have believed that the adversary and the enemy could enter the gates of Jerusalem." Lam.4:12. "If ye are Christ's, ye are Abraham's seed." Then "We may have a Jerusalem in our own houses and in the churches." T.M.346.  

[This message has been edited by adventbeliever (edited 02-19-2001).]

L.Picard

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2001, 09:29:00 PM »
Are you all asleep?  :)
L.Picard

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2001, 09:56:00 PM »
No, but I should be!  :)

Interesting, Brother Picard. The Book of Daniel is a great blessing that we might know and understand what is just in front of us. Jesus is coming soon. A Sunday law is being planned and God's people are beginning to awake!  :)  

Richard

WendyForsyth

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2001, 10:27:00 PM »
Richard,

Considering how early I've seen you posting on here, you should be in bed already! :P

Wendy
----------------------
Through His Merits Alone!!!

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Difficult Biblical Questions
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2010, 01:01:04 PM »
That is an interesting question. It is one that has several answers at the present time depending on who you talk with. We began a End Time Prophecy Forum where the discussion has continued.

Are there other difficult questions that your are attempting to find an answer for?

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2010, 04:35:09 PM »
Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

How can the child born (Jesus Christ, always referred to as "the Son") be called "the everlasting Father" in this text? I have never understood that and as far as I can tell, it is the only place in the Bible that describes him as Father.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2010, 05:15:15 PM »
Perhaps in the sense that He is our Creator, and therefore can legitimately be called our Father?
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2010, 06:45:52 PM »

Malachi 1:6  A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?

2 Corinthians 6:18  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Revelation 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 21:22  And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Scripture shows Father God and Jesus Christ ( Alpha and Omega ) refer to Themselves as The Almighty

A Father rules the home government if he is there.   

Jesus Christ as the Second Adam is ruler of the human species whether they obey or not, all will answer to Him, He both judges and owns the kingdom..

Isaiah 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

2 Corinthians 5:19  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Romans 14:10  But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

2 Timothy 4:1  I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

1st Corinthians 15:
24  Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27  For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28  And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2010, 07:05:59 PM »

According to justice and retribution God might have placed in the hands of his angelic ministers the vials of his wrath, to be poured out upon a rebellious world, to punish the inhabitants for their treatment of the Prince of heaven. But he did not do this. "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." Isaiah tells us who and what our Redeemer is: "Unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulders: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Christ had two natures, the nature of a man and the nature of God. In him divinity and humanity were combined. Upon his mediatorial work hangs the hope of the perishing world. No one but Christ has ever succeeded in living a perfect life, in living a pure, spotless character. He exhibited a perfect humanity, combined with deity; and by preserving each nature distinct, he has given to the world a representation of the character of God and the character of a perfect man. He shows us what God is, and what man may become--godlike in character.  {GCB, October 1, 1899 par. 20}

Christ is our example. He placed himself at the head of the human family to accomplish a work the importance of which men do not comprehend because they do not realize the privileges and possibilities before them as members of the human family of God. We may understand the subject of the work of Christ. His object was to reconcile the prerogatives of justice and mercy, and let each stand separate in its dignity, yet united. His mercy was not weakness, but a terrible power to punish sin because it is sin; yet a power to draw to it the love of humanity. Through Christ Justice is enabled to forgive without sacrificing one jot of its exalted holiness.  {GCB, October 1, 1899 par. 21}

Justice and Mercy stood apart, in opposition to each other, separated by a wide gulf. The Lord our Redeemer clothed his divinity with humanity, and wrought out in behalf of man a character that was without spot or blemish. He planted his cross midway between heaven and earth, and made it the object of attraction which reached both ways, drawing both Justice and Mercy across the gulf. Justice moved from its exalted throne, and with all the armies of heaven approached the cross. There it saw One equal with God bearing the penalty for all injustice and sin. With perfect satisfaction Justice bowed in reverence at the cross, saying, It is enough.  {GCB, October 1, 1899 par. 22}

By the offering made in our behalf we are placed on vantage-ground. The sinner, drawn by the power of Christ from the confederacy of sin, approaches the uplifted cross, and prostrates himself before it. Then there is a new creature in Christ Jesus. The sinner is cleansed and purified. A new heart is given to him. Holiness finds that it has nothing more to require.  {GCB, October 1, 1899 par. 23}

The work of redemption involved consequences of which it is difficult for man to have any conception. There was to be imparted to the human being striving for conformity to the divine image an outlay of heaven's treasures, an excellency of power, which would place him higher than the angels who had not fallen. The battle has been fought, the victory won. The controversy between sin and righteousness exalted the Lord of heaven, and established before the saved human family, before the unfallen worlds, before all the host of evil workers, from the greatest to the least, God's holiness, mercy, goodness, and wisdom. Christ's sacrifice exalted the law, proving that it was from the beginning, and would be through all eternity, from everlasting to everlasting.  {GCB, October 1, 1899 par. 24}

Satan, the first apostate, looked upon the fruit of his apostasy in the vast army under his banner, and his mind was made to comprehend the meaning of warfare against God and his Son. He saw how many he had by his subtlety led away from God, from happiness and holiness. The truth of his position and his efforts to overthrow God and assume his place, when he took with him vast numbers of angels who might have been a happy family in heaven, flashed over him. Never had the arch-deceiver such an appreciation of God and his throne, his holiness, his justice, his goodness, his amazing love, as when Christ hung on the cross. Mercy and Truth had met together; Righteousness and Peace had embraced each other. Mrs. E. G. White.   {GCB, October 1, 1899 par. 25} 

As I try to understand  this enormus question and it's answer all I can say is that Scripture says Christ will be "A" father to us, and when representing God to us - Christ stands as a Father to us, and representing us to God, Christ stands as a Brother to us and for us.

I hope my efforts help.
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}