Author Topic: Most Beautiful Hymns  (Read 119518 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Most Beautiful Hymns
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2022, 05:26:32 PM »
It is interesting to note that when the hymn was written the church did not exist. It was built in response to the hymn. I often wondered was the word vale or dale? Every lyrics I have found have both.  Very interesting. Another interesting thing about the lyrics is that originally it was "How sweet on a clear, Sabbath morning." Today, we find it being changed to Sunday morning.  :(    Maybe just innocent?   If so, they see a difference from their ancestors who believed Sunday was the Sabbath.

Thanks for sharing Brother Wally. Hope you are enjoying your change in life!  Have a blessed Sabbath my dear friend.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2022, 09:05:26 PM »

Seventh day Adventist church 2017 Choir festival in Pentech Western Cape
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2022, 09:33:06 PM »
One more to touch your heart on this beautiful Sabbath!

Gethsemane

Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger." Psalms 8:2