Author Topic: STOPzilla  (Read 2280 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
STOPzilla
« on: January 27, 2008, 07:05:25 PM »
Jim - may I suggest a great virus, adware, spyware removal software?

www.STOPzilla.com

For years I have used Norton Antivirus and for adware & spyware, Spybot always did the trick, or so I thought.

Upon doing regular maintenance today, Spybot picked up something I failed to immunize the system for last week, so that got done; however, looking up the thing it caught, it seemed to me I needed something better because this "thing" almost gave me palpitations - so a quick search landed on STOPzilla.

It is a fabulous "detector, cleaner and destroyer" of all things evil that attach themselves to our computers. So I downloaded it, subscribed to a year's service for $50 with a $26 mail-in rebate if you take the subscription. Cheap protection. It is real-time monitoring protection, too. Its popups tell you exactly what kind of attack it just deflected. Now I am old enough to find that kind of action quite exciting in the right-hand corner of the monitor!  :D   

I ran the scan. The result was astonishing to say the least. 117 critical/serious threats. Norton never found these and Spybot located one. Of course, it was a sizable one, but only one.

So there is my recommendation for the computer folks!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: STOPzilla
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 08:08:12 PM »
I had not heard of Stopzilla before so this is news to me. There are lots of choices out there so when one finds a good piece of software it's good to hear about it. Has anyone else used this program?
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}