Author Topic: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 7  (Read 98698 times)

Liane H

• http://
Re: Purpose of The Remnant Online/Please Make First Post Here. Part 7
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2005, 07:25:00 AM »
Well that is an excellent idea, but not necessary. We have a WendyF, a WendyL and and a WendyS.

Whatever you feel comfortable with would be great.

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2005, 08:16:00 AM »
If you have a nickname, Brother Richard that will be good. We don't mind them at all. What we have tried to do is remove the "anonymity" from our fellowship. Many use the internet to say things they would never say if people knew who they were. While some at TRO remain "anonymous" we feel that it is better to use real names rather than "handles". Nicknames are just fine. It is the internet handles that we try to avoid. And, what one signs after a post is not the issue. The registration is the concern. You have used your full name and that takes care of our concern.

I generally have ceased to use a signature after a post. All may see who it is that is posting without me adding my name. We are easy to get along with.  :) Good to have you online with us!

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

camgears

« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2005, 06:59:00 AM »
Hi everyone,

My name is David. Married with a 2 year old daughter. Live NYC area. Grew up in China. Came to America about 13 years ago. Naturally I was an atheist. But came to know Jesus and love Him.

I hope I'll find some lively and mature discussoins here for my personal growth.

Have a blessed walk!

Liane H

« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2005, 07:05:00 AM »
Welcome David to The Remnant Online.

We all come from many different backgrounds, but we have learned that the power of the Holy Spirit works on all hearts no matter how they have lived in their lives in the past if they so desire for the Spirit to do so.

Like so many of us we have come to know Jesus in a way that is special and beautiful, so please feel free to share your love for Jesus with us.

Liane, the Zoo Mama  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2005, 08:03:00 AM »
Dear Brother David,
Welcome and I assure you, you will find much inspiration and  knowledge as I did in TRO.  Daily, I  come closer to the Lord and I pray you also will give us your thoughts to inspire us.  God bless you and your family.  
I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »
Well in the past on other forums I've used the name Redfog, which stands for REDheaded Fat Old Guy. This was my trailname during a 5 month 2200 mile packpacking trip on the Appalachian Trail. But on this forum I think I'll stick with my real name.

RichardS

Laughter is an instant vacation

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
2200 miles!!! Don't imagine that you stayed fat!  :)  Richard sounds better.  :)

Welcome Brother David!  Good to have you online with us! Two year olds are fun. Jesus is the tie that binds us all together no matter where we are or where we come from. We look forward to getting to know you and learning more about China. One of our members here online is a missionary in China today. She just returned there this last year.

Please share with us in the testimony forum how you came to know Jesus.  :)

Again, welcome to The Remnant Online (TRO)!!

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

NCMorgan

« Reply #147 on: January 23, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »
Hello, My Name is Nadia Morgan. I have been an SDA for more than 15 years now. I find my religion has watered down in the last 5 years. Where I once lived my faith so strongly that I found myself alone even from Adventists, I am disgusted by my fickleness and am loosing every battle I am given to fight (I know He sends them to strengthen my dependence on Him, but I am so weakened with the friendships that I currently have that I am afraid to return to the loneliness). I am also a mother of 3 little ones (3,2,and 10 months) in my mid 30's and I am soooo tired that I can't seem to rise early and worship as I used to. I look in the mirror and I don't know that woman that I see. Most of the Adventists that I associate with here are such seemingly devout Christians, but they do not share my understanding of spiritual things. But I love them. But they are confusing me, I think...

------------------
My heart is steadfast, O God. I will sing and make music with all my soul! Ps 108:1

My heart is steadfast, O God. I will sing and make music with all my soul! Ps 108:1

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2005, 04:38:00 AM »
Ncmorgan, welcome to TRO! We are glad to have you with us and look forward to your fellowship. Yes, these are hard times to live in and the more you're like Jesus the more you will stand out. However, Jesus loves us and will give us the strength we need exactly when we need it.  :)
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2005, 07:43:00 AM »
Dear Richard S.  A big welcome to you.  I too would be interested in your  testimony.... We all share our thoughts and love for Jesus and hope you will do the same. God be with you.

A very big welcome also to you NCMorgan. You have come to the right place.  I also had trouble for a while bringing back my first love for Jesus, and this Forum sure helped.  I spend the early part of the morning reading and rereading some of the old posts here in the Forum  What an inspiration.  Ask our Heavenly Father for whatever your needs are and He will  bring back that old love and desire.  My prayers go out to you and may God be with you every moment of every day.   Ele Holmes

I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2005, 09:03:00 AM »
Dear Sister Nadia, welcome to our fellowship!  :) You do have your hands full with three little ones. God sees it all and He will  be your strength. It is a promise!
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee," He declares; "be not dismayed; for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." "Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength: they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Dear sister we pray that you be not confused. The simple truth of the gospel will keep you pointed towards Christ. Let Him be your guide and your strength. He promised to you the Holy Spirit. Behold Jesus daily. "My heart is steadfast, O God. I will sing and make music with all my soul!" Hold on to this precious statement. It is yours because Jesus gave it to you. Your children will grow  and you will pass by this time in your life where you cannot get a good nights sleep. Hold onto Jesus and He will lift you above the darkness and confusion. Keep singing and you will make it!!

We are here to encourage you. Don't hesitate to ask questions in the forums or to email any of the moderators or myself. We are here to help!  :) We thank Jesus that He brought you here for fellowship!  :) May the Lord bless our fellowship together.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »
We welcome all the new members. We are so happy that you are with us here. It is always so wonderful to have more members who love the Lord so much. May God be with you...each one.  :)

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Clive Nevell

« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2005, 12:34:00 AM »
Welcome to TRO, Nadia Morgan, Richard Sherwin, camgears (David)

Clive

Liane H

« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2005, 04:01:00 AM »
Hi Nadia:

Sure can relate to some of the things you said in your post.

We have to realize that as we get closer to the coming of Jesus the lines between the sheep/goats, wheat/tares will get wider each day.

We have only one hope and promise. The hope is the soon coming of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ and the promise that He will come again.

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Sister Marie

« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »
Amen!

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

NCMorgan

« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »
Thank you all so much for your much appreciated replies. I have had a wonderful week. I would like to ask a question but am not sure this is the right place to do that. If not, would you kindly direct me to where I should go. I have a friend who is an SDA, and involved in Dungeons and Dragons. He has in the past tried to convince me that there is nothing wrong with it, though I have heard and studied to the contrary. I have told him of what our Father has said about elements of it, but, though he says he loves God and His word, is not convinced that what I have shown him applies to him since he does not worship these things (for they are not real to him) and is not a witch or sorcerer. My husband has become involved in it due to this young man's friendship. And that's another story altogether... I had washed my hands of my friend until he started encouraging my husband in this once dead hobbie of his. What may I show my friend to encourage him to be done with this folly?
Nadia

------------------

David M G

« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2005, 10:44:00 AM »
I'm a medical student overseas.  Seems like the only time I really have to relax is Sabbath.  So I look forward to the fellowship.

Sister Marie

« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »
We look forward to having you with us here even if it is only on the Sabbath. Please share with us your experiences there and we look forward to talking with you and all our new members.  :)

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Liane H

« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »
Hi Nadia:

Go to Social Hall, that would be a good place to post your topic presented above.

My first step would be prayer. Alone and then with your husband.

Let the power of the Holy Spirit open his mind to the truth.

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane H

« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »
Hi David M G:

Thank you for joining our fellowship and I look forward to your posts.

Sabbath is a day of fellowship either in church or cyberspace. It is such a joy to communicate with fellow believers around the world.

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama