Author Topic: How Do I Copy a PDF File?  (Read 7204 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: How Do I Copy a PDF File?
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 07:30:42 AM »
Thank you!!!!! What a blessing!!  Now we can quote those who do not wish to be quoted!!!  :)
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2008, 10:51:04 AM »
I tried the software Jim linked to. Here's what I found out. I tried to convert a locked (password protected document). First, because it is a long document (300+ pages) it crashed. I tried again, just reading 5 pages. It didn't crash, but it crashed WordPad, and WP when I tried to open the converted doc. (I'm not a Word user) When I tried converting just one page it crashed the same programs, and while Works word processor opened it, there was nothing there. Conclusion: If a PDF has been locked, it probably won't convert.

Before I dumped the program, I decided to try it on a one page document with no locks or password protection. There it did just fine. Conclusion: it will work on open documents, but locked ones probably not.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 11:34:16 AM »
Well now....those who don't want to be quoted easily still have their security!!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.