Author Topic: Fasting and Prayer  (Read 2821 times)

Eleanore Holmes

• Member at Rest
    • http://
Fasting and Prayer
« on: November 09, 2005, 07:45:00 AM »
TIME FOR FASTING AND PRAYER!

Now and until Jesus comes, we, the people of God, should be more earnest, more wide-awake, not trusting in our own wisdom, but in the wisdom of our Leader. We should set aside days for FASTING AND PRAYER. Entire abstinence from food may not be required, but we should eat sparingly of the most simple food.

We are living in a time that demands genuine humiliation and most earnest prayer. We are nearing the most important crisis that has ever come upon the world. If we are not wide-awake and watching, it will find us unprepared.

"The spirit of true fasting and prayer is the spirit which yields mind, heart, and will to God."   It will bring about a reformation. A revival and a reformation must take place, under the ministration of the Holy Spirit.

"Revival and reformation are two different things. Revival signifies a renewal of spiritual life, a quickening of the powers of mind and heart, a resurrection from spiritual death. Reformation signifies a reorganization, a change in ideas and theories, habits and practices. Reformation will not bring forth the good fruit of righteousness unless it is connected with the revival of the Spirit. Revival and reformation are to do their appointed work, and in doing this work they must blend."  1SM 128

Let us make this change in our lives, by FASTING AND PRAYER, FOR JESUS IS COMING VERY SOON.... LET US BE READY....

[This message has been edited by Eleanore Holmes (edited 11-09-2005).]

God Bless You
Ele

Eleanore Holmes

• Member at Rest
Fasting and Prayer
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 08:17:00 AM »
Ellen White tells us: In such cases of affliction where Satan has control of the mind, before engaging in prayer there should be the closest self-examination to discover if                                                   there are not sins which need to be repented of, confessed, and forsaken. DEEP HUMILITY OF SOUL BEFORE GOD IS NECESSARY and firm, humble reliance upon the blood of Christ alone. FASTING AND PRAYER will accomplish NOTHING while the heart is estranged from God by a wrong course of action.  HL 236                                              

When Special Divine Help Is Needed

For certain things, FASTING AND PRAYER are recommended and appropriate. In the hand of God they are a means of cleansing the heart and promoting a receptive frame of mind. We obtain answers to our prayers because we humble our souls before God.

God Bless You
Ele

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Fasting and Prayer
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »
Sister Ele said "Let us make this change in our lives, by FASTING AND PRAYER, FOR JESUS IS COMING VERY SOON.... LET US BE READY...."

Amen, Sister Ele! Rest in peace.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Liane H

Fasting and Prayer
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »
Jesus is our life and way and truth. Without Him we are nothing. Prayer and fasting is a way in which we can drawn our strength from Jesus as we put aside the physical needs and gain the spiritual needs that will sustain us.

Our Sister Ele is in rest, a good rest in which she will see the face of Jesus. I will miss her, but know that she is safe in the arms of Jesus.  

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

WendyForsyth

Fasting and Prayer
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 11:52:00 PM »
It broke my heart last night when I read this.

She and I were to be praying together regularly. She offered to call me. Somehow it never we never got together. I can't tell you how much that hurts that I didn't make those final arrangements.

I know that she is resting peacefully and that she shall see Jesus next. For that I am thankful.

Did she pass peacefully? I hope so. I will pray for peace for her family.

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Fasting and Prayer
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »
Her son said she was sick that afternoon and went to the hospital where she died when her heart stopped beating. It was quick. We are thankful for that. She is in a better place. Let us take advantage of the time we have to reflect Christ to others.  :)
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
Fasting and Prayer
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 07:52:00 AM »
Our tearfull good-buys to our wonderful friend, looking forward to the day when we will be with her again. Right now it is her son that needs help. I wonder if there is any way we can help her. He works but can't keep things going with it. God will provide, but I can't help it think we could do something for him. Any ideas???

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

rahab

Re: Fasting and Prayer
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2021, 05:06:47 PM »
Very sad indeed losing many loved ones in our family and in the church family. It changes the perspective on life itself into one of humbleness and reflection. Our lives are so fragile.

Along the lines if prayer and how important it is brings me to a message Jesus left us in Luke 18 and deep study in Christ Object Lessons chapter 14. Jesus wanted his disciples to know what the days of the second coming would be like and His advice to them.

Persistent contrite prayer will be the condition for answers. Complete faith in God when troubles come. Souls lifted up to the Throne of Grace continually in prayer.   Each prayer request deepens faith and experience in growth.  Thoughts of self become less and less and the mind focuses more about God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Fasting and Prayer
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 09:49:37 PM »
Amen dear sister!  Let us not continually think about ourselves, but of God and others. Our goal is not heaven, but to glorify our God, thinking of Him rather than self.