Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--Final Chapter--"To My Father, and Your Father"  (Read 15335 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--Final Chapter--"To My Father, and Your Father"
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2022, 08:56:27 PM »
"With joy unutterable, rulers and principalities and powers acknowledge the supremacy of the Prince of life."

"The angel host prostrate themselves before Him, while the glad shout fills all the courts of heaven...,"

"Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12."

"Songs of triumph mingle with the music from angel harps, till heaven seems to overflow with joy and praise."

"Love has conquered."

"The lost is found. Heaven rings with voices in lofty strains proclaiming, "Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb forever and ever." Revelation 5:13.

As we start a New Year may our hearts rejoice and once again repeat. " Jesus Paid it All - All to Him I owe. "
---------------------------------------

I hear the Savior say,
“Thy strength indeed is small,
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all.”
    Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
  He washed it white as snow.
Lord, now indeed I find
Thy pow’r, and Thine alone,
Can change the leper’s spots,
And melt the heart of stone.
For nothing good have I
Whereby Thy grace to claim—
I’ll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calv’ry’s Lamb.
And when, before the throne,
I stand in Him complete,
“Jesus died my soul to save,”
My lips shall still repeat.

Lyrics: Elvina Mable Reynolds Hall (1822-1889)
Music:John Thomas Grape (1834-1915)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2022, 06:10:56 AM »
"While the disciples were still gazing upward, voices addressed them which sounded like richest music. They turned, and saw two angels in the form of men, who spoke to them, saying, "Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven."

I am so thankful that we have a clear understanding of the manner in which Christ shall return. It will not be in secret or silent. People will not mysteriously disappear as some believe. He will not suddenly appear in some part of the earth and then another as the enemy will do. All are going to witness His majestic and glorious return as He comes with all of heaven. Are we prepared today for that great and mighty day when Christ will come for His faithful followers? for it's almost time.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2022, 08:45:39 AM »
Amen!!  We have been given great light that we might know out God of His great love for us!

We have closed another year of beholding the  glory of our God!! What joy fills our hearts knowing we have been doing exactly what Jesus tells the world to do, "drink His blood, and eat His flesh."  It is by being reminded that He suffered and died for us, that we might live a life of peace and joy, even amid great tribulations. He is coming so very soon!! How many more times shall we continue reading of Him? Not many! Soon by God's grace we shall see Him face to face! Come Lord Jesus!

The voice of God is heard proclaiming that justice is satisfied. Satan is vanquished. Christ's toiling, struggling ones on earth are "accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:6. Before the heavenly angels and the representatives of unfallen worlds, they are declared justified. Where He is, there His church shall be. "Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other." Psalm 85:10. The Father's arms encircle His Son, and the word is given, "Let all the angels of God worship Him." Hebrews 1:6. 

What does this mean? Satan is already vanquished!  But, he cannot stop what he is doing, it is his character to hurt. The unfallen worlds understand that guilty man, all who have truly been transformed will be allowed into the unfallen holy world. And what  was the response in heaven when God declared the Sacrifice was enough? Read about it in our Brother Beacon's post above! What a celebration took place in heaven. We ought to be just as thankful every day of our life! It was a great risk and much suffering by our God. Let us praise Him and glorify Him who gave all that we might live. What a way to start our new year!!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2022, 08:00:58 PM »
"Christ had sojourned in the world for thirty-three years; He had endured its scorn, insult, and mockery."

"He had been rejected and crucified."

"Now, when about to ascend to His throne of glory,--as He reviews the ingratitude of the people He came to save,--will He not withdraw from them His sympathy and love?"

"Will not His affections be centered upon that realm where He is appreciated, and where sinless angels wait to do His bidding?"

"No"...His promise to those loved ones whom He leaves on earth is...

"I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." Matthew 28:20.

How very happy and totally reassured we should be by the words above. Yes, we may have a rough and challenging flight through this life, as did our Jesus. But we are guarantied a SAFE LANDING.

=========================
All the way my Savior leads me;
  What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
  Who through life has been my Guide?
Heav’nly peace, divinest comfort,
  Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate’er befall me,
  Jesus doeth all things well,
For I know, whate’er befall me,
  Jesus doeth all things well.
All the way my Savior leads me,
  Cheers each winding path I tread,
Gives me grace for every trial,
  Feeds me with the living bread.
Though my weary steps may falter,
  And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the Rock before me,
  Lo! a spring of joy I see,
Gushing from the Rock before me,
  Lo! a spring of joy I see.
All the way my Savior leads me;
  Oh, the fullness of His grace!
Perfect rest to me is promised
  In my Father’s blest embrace.
When my spirit, clothed immortal,
  Wings its flight to realms of day,
This my song through endless ages:
  Jesus led me all the way,
This my song through endless ages:
  Jesus led me all the way.

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915) bio
Music:Robert Lowry (1826-1899)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2022, 11:05:06 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon!! All who love the Lord our God with all of the heart will have a safe landing.....very soon!!

Then the portals of the city of God are opened wide, and the angelic throng sweep through the gates amid a burst of rapturous music.
     There is the throne, and around it the rainbow of promise. There are cherubim and seraphim. The commanders of the angel hosts, the sons of God, the representatives of the unfallen worlds, are assembled. The heavenly council before which Lucifer had accused God and His Son, the representatives of those sinless realms over which Satan had thought to establish his dominion,--all are there to welcome the Redeemer. They are eager to celebrate His triumph and to glorify their King.
     But He waves them back. Not yet; He cannot now receive the coronet of glory and the royal robe. He enters into the presence of His Father. He points to His wounded head, the pierced side, the marred feet; He lifts His hands, bearing the print of nails. He points to the tokens of His triumph; He presents to God the wave sheaf, those raised with Him as representatives of that great multitude who shall come forth from the grave at His second coming. He approaches the Father, with whom there is joy over one sinner that repents; who rejoices over one with singing. Before the foundations of the earth were laid, the Father and the Son had united in a covenant to redeem man if he should be overcome by Satan. They had clasped Their hands in a solemn pledge that Christ should become the surety for the human race. This pledge Christ has fulfilled. When upon the cross He cried out, "It is finished," He addressed the Father. The compact had been fully carried out. Now He declares: Father, it is finished. I have done Thy will, O My God. I have completed the work of redemption. If Thy justice is satisfied, "I will that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am." John 19:30; 17:24. 

The everlasting covenant to give us a hatred for sin was assured when Christ said "it is finished."  Now, man has the opportunity to live eternally in a world without sin. What has to happen? We must learn of God so that we can trust Him with all we have and all we are. Then we shall love Him with all of the heart.

Again, we have completed reading this most precious Book on the life of Christ. We can proclaim that spending a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Jesus is not only well...but a great blessing. By beholding His glory we are being transformed into His image day by day! We invite all who are reading with us to share with us your blessings. To register send an email to administrator@remnant-online.com
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2022, 05:17:23 AM »
Why should we be afraid about the future? God knows it and it is always safe to trust an unknown future to a known God! The key is completely surrendering the whole heart to Him moment-by-moment!

The disciples no longer had any distrust of the future. They knew that Jesus was in heaven, and that His sympathies were with them still. They knew that they had a friend at the throne of God, and they were eager to present their requests to the Father in the name of Jesus. In solemn awe they bowed in prayer, repeating the assurance, "Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My name, He will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full." John 16:23, 24. They extended the hand of faith higher and higher, with the mighty argument, "It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." Romans 8:34. And Pentecost brought them fullness of joy in the presence of the Comforter, even as Christ had promised.

When we look away from the weakness of self and abide in the loveliness of Jesus, we can thrive in all situations because we have His Spirit abiding in our hearts, with all of the fruits of His character manifest without one missing!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2022, 08:40:23 PM »
"Jesus approaches the Father, with whom there is joy over one sinner that repents; who rejoices over one with singing."

"Before the foundations of the earth were laid, the Father and the Son had united in a covenant to redeem man if he should be overcome by Satan."

"They had clasped Their hands in a solemn pledge that Christ should become the surety for the human race."

"This pledge Christ has fulfilled."

"When upon the cross He cried out, "It is finished," He addressed the Father."

"The compact had been fully carried out. Now He declares:"

"Father, it is finished. I have done Thy will, O My God. I have completed the work of redemption. If Thy justice is satisfied, "I will that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am." John 19:30; 17:24. "

What rejoicing there must have been in Heaven. The glad hosannas of victory must have echoed from the Eternal City of God through-out all the vast universe! Once again Peace, Joy, and Love was secured on an eternal basis. Never again would sin, sorrow or death raise their ugly heads. 

======================

I hear the Savior say,
“Thy strength indeed is small,
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all.”
    Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
  He washed it white as snow.
Lord, now indeed I find
Thy pow’r, and Thine alone,
Can change the leper’s spots,
And melt the heart of stone.
For nothing good have I
Whereby Thy grace to claim—
I’ll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calv’ry’s Lamb.
And when, before the throne,
I stand in Him complete,
“Jesus died my soul to save,”
My lips shall still repeat."

Lyrics:Elvina Mable Reynolds Hall (1822-1889)
Music:John Thomas Grape (1834-191

"HAPPY SABBATH TO ALL GOD'S CHILDREN AROUND THE WORLD & BEYOND"

Dorine

« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2022, 05:55:10 AM »
"Christ had ascended to heaven in the form of humanity. The disciples had beheld the cloud receive Him. The same Jesus who had walked and talked and prayed with them; who had broken bread with them; who had been with them in their boats on the lake; and who had that very day toiled with them up the ascent of Olivet,--the same Jesus had now gone to share His Father's throne. And the angels had assured them that the very One whom they had seen go up into heaven, would come again even as He had ascended. He will come "with clouds; and every eye shall see Him." "The Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the Archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise." "The Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory." Revelation 1:7; 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Matthew 25:31. Thus will be fulfilled the Lord's own promise to His disciples: "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." John 14:3. Well might the disciples rejoice in the hope of their Lord's return."

This account fills me with joy and hope this Sabbath morning. Jesus shares a special connection with us that will never change. What love, what grace we have been shown through the life of Jesus leading us to trust and obey Him in all things. Each day we are being changed into His character as we submit our whole hearts to Him. Praise God for never giving up on us.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2022, 09:21:55 AM »
Amen my brother and sister!! Once again we have been blessed by beholding our the character of our Savior, our heavenly Father, and the Holy Spirit! What can ever be greater!! By beholding His glory we are becoming more and more like Him! Oh, that all would spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ!! Yes, we give up reading something else in that hour, but what else is there more important than beholding Jesus!!!

It is getting harder and harder to just present one paragraph!  :) There is so very much in each chapter.  This last chapter is no different. In summing up the whole book, I share this:

Then the portals of the city of God are opened wide, and the angelic throng sweep through the gates amid a burst of rapturous music.
     There is the throne, and around it the rainbow of promise. There are cherubim and seraphim. The commanders of the angel hosts, the sons of God, the representatives of the unfallen worlds, are assembled. The heavenly council before which Lucifer had accused God and His Son, the representatives of those sinless realms over which Satan had thought to establish his dominion,--all are there to welcome the Redeemer. They are eager to celebrate His triumph and to glorify their King.
     But He waves them back. Not yet; He cannot now receive the coronet of glory and the royal robe. He enters into the presence of His Father. He points to His wounded head, the pierced side, the marred feet; He lifts His hands, bearing the print of nails. He points to the tokens of His triumph; He presents to God the wave sheaf, those raised with Him as representatives of that great multitude who shall come forth from the grave at His second coming. He approaches the Father, with whom there is joy over one sinner that repents; who rejoices over one with singing. Before the foundations of the earth were laid, the Father and the Son had united in a covenant to redeem man if he should be overcome by Satan. They had clasped Their hands in a solemn pledge that Christ should become the surety for the human race. This pledge Christ has fulfilled. When upon the cross He cried out, "It is finished," He addressed the Father. The compact had been fully carried out. Now He declares: Father, it is finished. I have done Thy will, O My God. I have completed the work of redemption. If Thy justice is satisfied, "I will that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am." John 19:30; 17:24.
     The voice of God is heard proclaiming that justice is satisfied. Satan is vanquished. Christ's toiling, struggling ones on earth are "accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:6. Before the heavenly angels and the representatives of unfallen worlds, they are declared justified. Where He is, there His church shall be. "Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other." Psalm 85:10. The Father's arms encircle His Son, and the word is given, "Let all the angels of God worship Him." Hebrews 1:6. 

Thank you Jesus!!! We love you and praise your holy name!!

Dorine

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2022, 05:33:35 AM »
  "The disciples no longer had any distrust of the future. They knew that Jesus was in heaven, and that His sympathies were with them still. They knew that they had a friend at the throne of God, and they were eager to present their requests to the Father in the name of Jesus. In solemn awe they bowed in prayer, repeating the assurance, "Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My name, He will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full." John 16:23, 24. They extended the hand of faith higher and higher, with the mighty argument, "It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." Romans 8:34. And Pentecost brought them fullness of joy in the presence of the Comforter, even as Christ had promised."

Does joy fill your heart at these words? We have a wonderful friend in heaven waiting for all to accept Him into their hearts as their own personal friend and Saviour. Through Him we have access to the Father and we are urged to come to Him in prayer. When we are in unity with Him our requests will be according to His will for He knows what is best for us.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2022, 06:12:40 AM »
Amen my dear sister!!  What a thrilling reading this morning!!   Jesus loves us!!!   How could we not do His will! Let us go forth with great joy and share the truth in Word and deed!!

With joy unutterable, rulers and principalities and powers acknowledge the supremacy of the Prince of life. The angel host prostrate themselves before Him, while the glad shout fills all the courts of heaven, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12.
     Songs of triumph mingle with the music from angel harps, till heaven seems to overflow with joy and praise. Love has conquered. The lost is found. Heaven rings with voices in lofty strains proclaiming, "Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb forever and ever." Revelation 5:13.
     From that scene of heavenly joy, there comes back to us on earth the echo of Christ's own wonderful words, "I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God." John 20:17. The family of heaven and the family of earth are one. For us our Lord ascended, and for us He lives. "Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them." Hebrews 7:25.

Amen, amen, and amen!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2022, 06:30:06 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Richard!!

Looking in faith to the Redeemer, we may have continual victory over sin and walk with Jesus by grace through faith in His word! All of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing as long as we are surrendered fully to Jesus! He empowers us to obey God from the heart and obey His commandments as an expression of His infinite love at work in our hearts by grace through faith!

"Christ had ascended to heaven in the form of humanity. The disciples had beheld the cloud receive Him. The same Jesus who had walked and talked and prayed with them; who had broken bread with them; who had been with them in their boats on the lake; and who had that very day toiled with them up the ascent of Olivet,--the same Jesus had now gone to share His Father's throne. And the angels had assured them that the very One whom they had seen go up into heaven, would come again even as He had ascended. He will come 'with clouds; and every eye shall see Him.' 'The Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the Archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise.' 'The Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory.' Revelation 1:7; 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Matthew 25:31. Thus will be fulfilled the Lord's own promise to His disciples: 'If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.' John 14:3. Well might the disciples rejoice in the hope of their Lord's return." {The Desire of Ages, page 832, paragraph 2}

God is so gracious to us to prepare us for our eternal home and guide us in the heavenward way! Praise the Lord for Jesus' soon return!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2022, 05:58:26 AM »
"Christ had sojourned in the world for thirty-three years; He had endured its scorn, insult, and mockery; He had been rejected and crucified. Now, when about to ascend to His throne of glory,--as He reviews the ingratitude of the people He came to save,--will He not withdraw from them His sympathy and love? Will not His affections be centered upon that realm where He is appreciated, and where sinless angels wait to do His bidding? No; His promise to those loved ones whom He leaves on earth is, "I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." Matthew 28:20.
As we await the return of our lovely Saviour we rejoice in knowing that it won't be long and He will come to take us home. But there's a great work to do yet. May we realize the urgency and do our part in spreading the good news to lost souls.

Beacon

« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2022, 07:00:06 AM »

"Songs of triumph mingle with the music from angel harps, till heaven seems to overflow with joy and praise. Love has conquered."

"The lost is found."

"Heaven rings with voices in lofty strains proclaiming, "Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb forever and ever." Revelation 5:13."

"From that scene of heavenly joy, there comes back to us on earth the echo of Christ's own wonderful words, "

"I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God." John 20:17.

"The family of heaven and the family of earth are one. For us our Lord ascended, and for us He lives."

"Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them." Hebrews 7:25.

Some people get very, very excited when they win an " Earthly Lottery " but the effects often produce many negative results which only lessen the chance of an individual sensing their need of a Redeeming Savior. Let us focus on Jesus and what He has done for us. What He offers to us will never fade away for ALL ETERNITY!! Hopefully " WE ALL " will chose Jesus.

====================
O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.
    Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
  In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conqu’rors we are!
His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well;
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

Lyrics & Music : Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2022, 07:33:54 AM »
Praise the Lord, Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon, for the joy we get to have in pointing others to Jesus!!

What a wonderful family we can be a part of as we accept Christ as a living Savior into our hearts and abide in His unselfish love! In complete surrender to Him all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be manifest in our lives, as Christ in us as the hope of glory empowers us to obey Him from the new heart He imparts! Praise God that such a character experience will reach through the eternal ages!

"From that scene of heavenly joy, there comes back to us on earth the echo of Christ's own wonderful words, 'I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God.' John 20:17. The family of heaven and the family of earth are one. For us our Lord ascended, and for us He lives. 'Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.' Hebrews 7:25." {The Desire of Ages, page 835, paragraph 2}

Christ not only intercedes for us, but He empowers us to do His will, preparing us for heaven by imparting heaven into our hearts!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2022, 11:20:04 AM »
Well....we did it again!  Was the blessing still great even though we have read this many many times? Do we better understand the character of our God? Is it true that it is well to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Jesus?  It has never once appeared boring to read this wonderful revelation of our Savior. There is nothing more beautiful than what we read in Desire of Ages. Let us pray others will join us in beholding the glory of our God.

The end of Christ's part in the everlasting covenant is seen to be satisfied as the Father states it is complete. Christ has paid the price, He suffered for the sins of the whole world. Mercy and truth came together at the cross.

He enters into the presence of His Father. He points to His wounded head, the pierced side, the marred feet; He lifts His hands, bearing the print of nails. He points to the tokens of His triumph; He presents to God the wave sheaf, those raised with Him as representatives of that great multitude who shall come forth from the grave at His second coming. He approaches the Father, with whom there is joy over one sinner that repents; who rejoices over one with singing. Before the foundations of the earth were laid, the Father and the Son had united in a covenant to redeem man if he should be overcome by Satan. They had clasped Their hands in a solemn pledge that Christ should become the surety for the human race. This pledge Christ has fulfilled. When upon the cross He cried out, "It is finished," He addressed the Father. The compact had been fully carried out. Now He declares: Father, it is finished. I have done Thy will, O My God. I have completed the work of redemption. If Thy justice is satisfied, "I will that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am." John 19:30; 17:24. 

The Father's arms encircle His Son. Can you picture this? Is it not beautiful! Our heavenly Father looked forward to that day for 33 years. How much do we appreciate their sacrifice?

Beacon

« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2023, 07:18:35 PM »
"When upon the cross Jesus cried out, "It is finished," He addressed the Father."

"The compact had been fully carried out."

"Now He declares: Father, it is finished."

"I have done Thy will, O My God. I have completed the work of redemption. If Thy justice is satisfied, "I will that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am." John 19:30; 17:24."

"The voice of God is heard proclaiming that justice is satisfied."

"Satan is vanquished."

"Christ's toiling, struggling ones on earth are "accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:6 "

"Before the heavenly angels and the representatives of unfallen worlds, they are declared justified."

"Where He is, there His church shall be. "

"Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other." Psalm 85:10.

"The Father's arms encircle His Son, and the word is given, "Let all the angels of God worship Him." Hebrews 1:6"

What a day that will be when our Jesus we shall see and He takes us by the hand and leads us to the promised land. Let's make sure today and everyday that we are preparing for that glorious event!!

========================
Redeemed—how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed through His infinite mercy,
His child, and forever, I am.
    Redeemed, redeemed,
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed, redeemed,
  His child, and forever, I am.
Redeemed and so happy in Jesus,
No language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence
With me doth continually dwell.
I think of my blessed Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long;
I sing, for I cannot be silent;
His love is the theme of my song.
I know I shall see in His beauty
The King in whose way I delight;
Who lovingly guardeth my footsteps,
And giveth me songs in the night.

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:William James Kirkpatrick (1838-1921)

It is my prayer that you have been blessed as much I have during the reading and posting. Jesus is coming and very soon. Let us pray earnestly for one another that we will not let anything earthly distract us from our mission of Living and Sharing God's Amazing Grace with all who surround us.

Dorine

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2023, 07:00:29 AM »
"The disciples no longer had any distrust of the future. They knew that Jesus was in heaven, and that His sympathies were with them still. They knew that they had a friend at the throne of God, and they were eager to present their requests to the Father in the name of Jesus. In solemn awe they bowed in prayer, repeating the assurance, "Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My name, He will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full." John 16:23, 24. They extended the hand of faith higher and higher, with the mighty argument, "It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." Romans 8:34. And Pentecost brought them fullness of joy in the presence of the Comforter, even as Christ had promised."

We too have a friend at the throne of God. What a blessing to end this reading with such promise and assurance. I always come away with renewed commitment, courage and peace.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2023, 08:54:34 PM »
Amen my dear brother and sister!!  What a joy it is to know God better today than yesterday! What a God we serve!! He was not going to leave His loved ones until they knew He had forgiven them and loved them!

Christ had sojourned in the world for thirty-three years; He had endured its scorn, insult, and mockery; He had been rejected and crucified. Now, when about to ascend to His throne of glory,--as He reviews the ingratitude of the people He came to save,--will He not withdraw from them His sympathy and love? Will not His affections be centered upon that realm where He is appreciated, and where sinless angels wait to do His bidding? No; His promise to those loved ones whom He leaves on earth is, "I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." Matthew 28:20. 

Thus we have our marching orders to pick up the cross and follow Him! By beholding Him we shall be able to follow in His footsteps. Such a privilege and such a miracle!!

As we complete another reading, from our hearts we long for others to join with us and share in our great blessing of spending a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2023, 09:26:21 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard!!

He did it! Christ completed the work the Father gave Him on this earth; He lived a sinless life, died as our Sacrifice, rose from the dead, and ascended to heaven with those who rose from the dead as witnesses of His power to raise His people in anticipation of the resurrection to take place at His second coming! As we yield our whole heart to Christ, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in our lives as we abide in Him and obey our Lord from love! Having heaven in our hearts, we are prepared to be with Jesus in heaven at His soon second coming!

"The voice of God is heard proclaiming that justice is satisfied. Satan is vanquished. Christ's toiling, struggling ones on earth are 'accepted in the Beloved.' Ephesians 1:6. Before the heavenly angels and the representatives of unfallen worlds, they are declared justified. Where He is, there His church shall be. 'Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.' Psalm 85:10. The Father's arms encircle His Son, and the word is given, 'Let all the angels of God worship Him.' Hebrews 1:6. {The Desire of Ages, page 834, paragraph 3}

What a glorious victory Jesus has accomplished for us! What a blessing it is to trust in Him and walk by grace through faith in His infinite promises! All glory to God who loved us and gave Himself for us!