Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--Final Chapter--"To My Father, and Your Father"  (Read 15331 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--Final Chapter--"To My Father, and Your Father"
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2020, 04:20:07 PM »
"The voice of God is heard proclaiming that justice is satisfied. Satan is vanquished. Christ's toiling, struggling ones on earth are "accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:6. Before the heavenly angels and the representatives of unfallen worlds, they are declared justified. Where He is, there His church shall be. "Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other." Psalm 85:10. The Father's arms encircle His Son, and the word is given, "Let all the angels of God worship Him." Hebrews 1:6.

Satan is vanquished---He is a defeated foe!! Those who surrender to Jesus "NOW" can rest assured that if they remain faithful in their earthly journey, they also will join the heavenly throng when Jesus comes to take His children home. There will be no more Suffering, Pain and Sorrow. No more Death!! All the trials of this life are behind them --"FOREVER MORE". What Joy it will be to be with Jesus. Oh friends let us keep our eyes fixed upon Jesus and be ready to enter into the "JOY OF OUR SALVATION!"
Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2020, 06:51:56 PM »
Imagine the thrill in heaven when Jesus returned from the torture inflicted upon Him. Who was it that caused Jesus to suffer the most? It was those He came to save who called Him their Messiah. On the other hand that suffering was nothing compared to the suffering that was leveled upon Him when the sins of the world were taken, and then my sins were added. :( How very sad that we have made His suffering worse.

All heaven was waiting to welcome the Saviour to the celestial courts. As He ascended, He led the way, and the multitude of captives set free at His resurrection followed. The heavenly host, with shouts and acclamations of praise and celestial song, attended the joyous train.

Our turn to praise and shout will soon come if by God's grace we are faithful until the end! Notice here that it was a "multitude" of repentant sinners (saints) that He took with Him.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2021, 05:27:53 AM »
How can we not be filled with joy having seen the character and promises of our Savior!! He is a living Savior who is at the right hand of God making intercession for us!!

Christ had sojourned in the world for thirty-three years; He had endured its scorn, insult, and mockery; He had been rejected and crucified. Now, when about to ascend to His throne of glory,--as He reviews the ingratitude of the people He came to save,--will He not withdraw from them His sympathy and love? Will not His affections be centered upon that realm where He is appreciated, and where sinless angels wait to do His bidding? No; His promise to those loved ones whom He leaves on earth is, "I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." Matthew 28:20.

Jesus loves us!!!  If we love Him with the whole heart, He will never leave us!!! While there is no excuse for sin, we still have an Intercessor who suffered and died that we might have a period of time to learn of Him and to develop a character that will fit us for heaven!  What a message we have been given to take to a world soon to perish!  Will we be filled with joy today as were His disciples when He left them?

When the disciples went back to Jerusalem, the people looked upon them with amazement. After the trial and crucifixion of Christ, it had been thought that they would appear downcast and ashamed. Their enemies expected to see upon their faces an expression of sorrow and defeat. Instead of this there was only gladness and triumph. Their faces were aglow with a happiness not born of earth. They did not mourn over disappointed hopes, but were full of praise and thanksgiving to God. With rejoicing they told the wonderful story of Christ's resurrection and His ascension to heaven, and their testimony was received by many.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2021, 06:21:50 AM »
Christ had ascended to heaven in the form of humanity. The disciples had beheld the cloud receive Him. The same Jesus who had walked and talked and prayed with them; who had broken bread with them; who had been with them in their boats on the lake; and who had that very day toiled with them up the ascent of Olivet,--the same Jesus had now gone to share His Father's throne. And the angels had assured them that the very One whom they had seen go up into heaven, would come again even as He had ascended. He will come "with clouds; and every eye shall see Him." "The Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the Archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise." "The Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory." Revelation 1:7; 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Matthew 25:31. Thus will be fulfilled the Lord's own promise to His disciples: "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." John 14:3. Well might the disciples rejoice in the hope of their Lord's return.

Our hearts fill with excitement when we realize just how close we are to being ushered into the kingdom of God for eternity. We may not know the day nor the hour but all signs tell us that He is even at the door. Let us tirelessly work for the saving of souls while there is still time. We may have confidence in the promises of God to be with us and to work supernaturally for us in this work. May our faith be anchored in the word of God and may our lives be the proof of that faith.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2021, 04:05:47 AM »
Amen, Brother Richard and Sister Dorine!!

Thirty-three years is how long Jesus sojourned on earth. He ascended to heaven as a Man with glorified human nature, but He is ever our Brother! Let us rejoice that we have One who "fully gets us" and can save us COMPLETELY from sin because He became sin for us, and is willing to heal us completely into the image of His righteousness! He is with us forever!! He invites us to yield the whole heart to Him so we may have a converted heart and mind that is cleansed by His blood and filled with His Holy Spirit so that all of the traits of the divine nature will be manifest in our life without one missing!

"Christ had sojourned in the world for thirty-three years; He had endured its scorn, insult, and mockery; He had been rejected and crucified. Now, when about to ascend to His throne of glory,--as He reviews the ingratitude of the people He came to save,--will He not withdraw from them His sympathy and love? Will not His affections be centered upon that realm where He is appreciated, and where sinless angels wait to do His bidding? No; His promise to those loved ones whom He leaves on earth is, "I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." Matthew 28:20." {The Desire of Ages, page 830, paragraph 2}

As we look above the trials of this life to Christ and His soon return, we can remember that He is our intercessor and mediator for us in the heavenly sanctuary, preparing a place for us as we cooperate with Him in true character building after the image of His character--the law of love and the definition of freedom!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Philip T

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2021, 01:32:36 PM »
  Christ had sojourned in the world for thirty-three years; He had endured its scorn, insult, and mockery; He had been rejected and crucified. Now, when about to ascend to His throne of glory,--as He reviews the ingratitude of the people He came to save,--will He not withdraw from them His sympathy and love? Will not His affections be centered upon that realm where He is appreciated, and where sinless angels wait to do His bidding? No; His promise to those loved ones whom He leaves on earth is, "I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." Matthew 28:20. [/

This is a wonderful thought to dwell upon, despite all of out missteps and failures leading to sin. Jesus promise to us is He will be with us until the end of the world. His focus remains on this sinful world, so when re are confessing our sins to Him, and doing all in our power through his transforming power we can overcome as Jesus continues to work for our salvation as He would have all come to salvation.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2021, 05:20:22 AM »
What a day in heaven was the return of Jesus!! All heaven rejoiced. It is almost impossible for us to understand what took place on that day when Jesus ascended with the marks of Calvary imprinted on His head, hands, and feet for all to see. We ought to fall on our knees and worship Him as did the heavenly throng!

The voice of God is heard proclaiming that justice is satisfied. Satan is vanquished. Christ's toiling, struggling ones on earth are "accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:6. Before the heavenly angels and the representatives of unfallen worlds, they are declared justified. Where He is, there His church shall be. "Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other." Psalm 85:10. The Father's arms encircle His Son, and the word is given, "Let all the angels of God worship Him." Hebrews 1:6.
     With joy unutterable, rulers and principalities and powers acknowledge the supremacy of the Prince of life. The angel host prostrate themselves before Him, while the glad shout fills all the courts of heaven, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12.
     Songs of triumph mingle with the music from angel harps, till heaven seems to overflow with joy and praise. Love has conquered. The lost is found. Heaven rings with voices in lofty strains proclaiming, "Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb forever and ever." Revelation 5:13.

Amen, amen, and amen!!

Philip T

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2021, 07:05:05 AM »
But He waves them back. Not yet; He cannot now receive the coronet of glory and the royal robe. He enters into the presence of His Father. He points to His wounded head, the pierced side, the marred feet; He lifts His hands, bearing the print of nails. He points to the tokens of His triumph; He presents to God the wave sheaf, those raised with Him as representatives of that great multitude who shall come forth from the grave at His second coming. He approaches the Father, with whom there is joy over one sinner that repents; who rejoices over one with singing. Before the foundations of the earth were laid, the Father and the Son had united in a covenant to redeem man if he should be overcome by Satan. They had clasped Their hands in a solemn pledge that Christ should become the surety for the human race. This pledge Christ has fulfilled. When upon the cross He cried out, "It is finished," He addressed the Father. The compact had been fully carried out. Now He declares: Father, it is finished. I have done Thy will, O My God. I have completed the work of redemption. If Thy justice is satisfied, "I will that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am." John 19:30; 17:24. [/b]

Oh the love of the Father and Son, making covenant to save mankind at such suffering and pain for them both, the love to fulfill it for all humanity. This is seen clearly in this paragraph. A truth to contemplate upon, and realize that Jesus' love for us goes on and on throughout eternity. He will come again in the clouds of glory at the 2nd Advent to take His loved ones home to the mansions He has prepared for his faithful ones. 

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2021, 07:29:59 AM »
Try to imagine what it was like when Jesus went to heaven after ascending from the earth, taking those who were also resurrected with Him at the time He rose from the dead. Contemplate the glorious victory and realize that this victory was wrought for you and me--to live a life of constant victory over sin by the power of the Holy Spirit!!

"The voice of God is heard proclaiming that justice is satisfied. Satan is vanquished. Christ's toiling, struggling ones on earth are 'accepted in the Beloved.' Ephesians 1:6. Before the heavenly angels and the representatives of unfallen worlds, they are declared justified. Where He is, there His church shall be. 'Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.' Psalm 85:10. The Father's arms encircle His Son, and the word is given, 'Let all the angels of God worship Him.' Hebrews 1:6." {The Desire of Ages, page 834, paragraph 3} 

When we realize what is being offered to us and keep our eyes fixed on Jesus' infinite loveliness of character, He empowers us to go forward in a full-heart surrender by grace through faith that works by love and purifies the soul, so all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2021, 07:36:56 AM »
"There is the throne, and around it the rainbow of promise. There are cherubim and seraphim. The commanders of the angel hosts, the sons of God, the representatives of the unfallen worlds, are assembled. The heavenly council before which Lucifer had accused God and His Son, the representatives of those sinless realms over which Satan had thought to establish his dominion,--all are there to welcome the Redeemer. They are eager to celebrate His triumph and to glorify their King."

The voice of God is heard proclaiming that justice is satisfied. Satan is vanquished.

"Christ's toiling, struggling ones on earth are "accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:6. Before the heavenly angels and the representatives of unfallen worlds, they are declared justified. Where He is, there His church shall be. "Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other." Psalm 85:10.

The Father's arms encircle His Son, and the word is given, "Let all the angels of God worship Him." Hebrews 1:6.

I don't know about you but in my life I like to buy things that are "GUARANTEED".  How happy we should be to know that our Jesus, Saviour and Best Friend has provided us with a Guarantee of Eternal Life through His sacrifice on the Cross of Calvary and Ratified by God the Father! While  on earth Jesus said..."I must be about my Father's business."  He was fully committed to His mission. Are "We" Fully committed to Him.??    

Dorine

« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2021, 05:18:24 AM »
"Upon reaching the Mount of Olives, Jesus led the way across the summit, to the vicinity of Bethany. Here He paused, and the disciples gathered about Him. Beams of light seemed to radiate from His countenance as He looked lovingly upon them. He upbraided them not for their faults and failures; words of the deepest tenderness were the last that fell upon their ears from the lips of their Lord. With hands outstretched in blessing, and as if in assurance of His protecting care, He slowly ascended from among them, drawn heavenward by a power stronger than any earthly attraction. As He passed upward, the awe-stricken disciples looked with straining eyes for the last glimpse of their ascending Lord. A cloud of glory hid Him from their sight; and the words came back to them as the cloudy chariot of angels received Him, "Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." At the same time there floated down to them the sweetest and most joyous music from the angel choir."

As I grow in Christ I am ever mindful of the times I disappoint Him. But we may rejoice to know that in spite of the times we take our eyes of Him He never leaves us nor condemns us but patiently waits for our return to Him in repentance and confession. As we travel with Jesus day after day submitting our lives to Him we are growing in grace and the pull of temptation will be less and less. If someone gave me a gun and ordered me to shoot my children I would be horrified and absolutely refuse. That's how I want to look at all sin and God promises to do that for us by continually beholding Him.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2021, 05:37:41 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine!

Praise the Lord, we have a risen Savior!! Be not afraid for the future as you keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and experience true conversion in constant surrender to His will and allow Him to manifest through you all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as you affectionately obey God's law of love!

"The disciples no longer had any distrust of the future. They knew that Jesus was in heaven, and that His sympathies were with them still. They knew that they had a friend at the throne of God, and they were eager to present their requests to the Father in the name of Jesus. In solemn awe they bowed in prayer, repeating the assurance, 'Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My name, He will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.' John 16:23, 24. They extended the hand of faith higher and higher, with the mighty argument, 'It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.' Romans 8:34. And Pentecost brought them fullness of joy in the presence of the Comforter, even as Christ had promised." {The Desire of Ages, page 833, paragraph 1}

May you let Jesus direct you constantly in His perfect will! He is preparing us for heaven!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2021, 06:10:29 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean! Heaven is so very close!

If someone gave me a gun and ordered me to shoot my children I would be horrified and absolutely refuse. That's how I want to look at all sin and God promises to do that for us by continually beholding Him.

Amen!!!  What a great example of what grace allowed into the heart will do for  us. Do we hate sin enough to refuse to sin? And, then when we realize we have no power to resist sinning, you give us the answer as to what we must do in order to cease hurting others, Jesus, and ourselves. May God grant us today victory over self and sin.

God has blessed us greatly! We have once again completed reading the most beautiful revelation of God ever given to man. As we have been blessed, let us share our blessings with those who are seeking truth.

The voice of God is heard proclaiming that justice is satisfied. Satan is vanquished. Christ's toiling, struggling ones on earth are "accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:6. Before the heavenly angels and the representatives of unfallen worlds, they are declared justified. Where He is, there His church shall be. "Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other." Psalm 85:10. The Father's arms encircle His Son, and the word is given, "Let all the angels of God worship Him." Hebrews 1:6.
     With joy unutterable, rulers and principalities and powers acknowledge the supremacy of the Prince of life. The angel host prostrate themselves before Him, while the glad shout fills all the courts of heaven, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12.
     Songs of triumph mingle with the music from angel harps, till heaven seems to overflow with joy and praise. Love has conquered. The lost is found. Heaven rings with voices in lofty strains proclaiming, "Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb forever and ever." Revelation 5:13.

Beacon

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2021, 07:09:13 AM »
"Before the foundations of the earth were laid, the Father and the Son had united in a covenant to redeem man if he should be overcome by Satan. They had clasped Their hands in a solemn pledge that Christ should become the surety for the human race. This pledge Christ has fulfilled. When upon the cross He cried out, "It is finished," He addressed the Father. The compact had been fully carried out. Now He declares: Father, it is finished. I have done Thy will, O My God. I have completed the work of redemption. If Thy justice is satisfied, "I will that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am." John 19:30; 17:24.

Isn't it a WONDERFUL, almost an incomprehensible  thought --- Jesus wants "us" His redeemed family from earth -- to be with Him for all eternity. All pain, sorrow, and sadness have been banished FOREVER!!

Revelation 21:4 says...
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away".

"The voice of God is heard proclaiming that justice is satisfied. Satan is vanquished. Christ's toiling, struggling ones on earth are "accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:6. Before the heavenly angels and the representatives of unfallen worlds, they are declared justified. Where He is, there His church shall be. "Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other." Psalm 85:10. The Father's arms encircle His Son, and the word is given, "Let all the angels of God worship Him." Hebrews 1:6.[/color]

Revelation 22:20  He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Philip T

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2021, 07:47:01 AM »
  While the disciples were still gazing upward, voices addressed them which sounded like richest music. They turned, and saw two angels in the form of men, who spoke to them, saying, "Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven."     As they drew near to the city of God, the challenge is given by the escorting angels,--

"Lift up your heads, O ye gates;
                  And be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors;
                  And the King of glory shall come in."
     Joyfully the waiting sentinels respond,--

"Who is this King of glory?"
     This they say, not because they know not who He is, but because they would hear the answer of exalted praise,--

"The Lord strong and mighty,
                 The Lord mighty in battle!
                 Lift up your heads, O ye gates;
                 Even lift them up, ye everlasting doors;
                 And the King of glory shall come in."

Again is heard the challenge, "Who is this King of glory?" for the angels never weary of hearing His name exalted. The escorting angels make reply,--

"The Lord of hosts;
                  He is the King of glory." Psalm 24:7-10.

Then the portals of the city of God are opened wide, and the angelic throng sweep through the gates amid a burst of rapturous music.
     There is the throne, and around it the rainbow of promise. There are cherubim and seraphim. The commanders of the angel hosts, the sons of God, the representatives of the unfallen worlds, are assembled. The heavenly council before which Lucifer had accused God and His Son, the representatives of those sinless realms over which Satan had thought to establish his dominion,--all are there to welcome the Redeemer. They are eager to celebrate His triumph and to glorify their King.

Just as Jesus ascended to heaven he shall return with every eye seeing Him return. The joy in heaven over Christs assentation and entry, we will have one day also and soon I believe, as we ascend to heaven with Him at his second advent. What joy we will have as we enter heaven and stand on the sea of glass, singing our praise and joy to Jesus as well. No more pain, tears, of sorrow.  What a day that will be.

Beacon

« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2021, 04:49:06 AM »
 "With joy unutterable, rulers and principalities and powers acknowledge the supremacy of the Prince of life. The angel host prostrate themselves before Him, while the glad shout fills all the courts of heaven...

"Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12.

"Songs of triumph mingle with the music from angel harps, till heaven seems to overflow with joy and praise."

"Love has conquered. The lost is found." Heaven rings with voices in lofty strains proclaiming,..

"Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb forever and ever." Revelation 5:13.

"Thus will be fulfilled the Lord's own promise to His disciples: "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." John 14:3. Well might the disciples rejoice in the hope of their Lord's return."

What wonderful assurances we have, that if we are faithful to Jesus , He will be returning to take us home as it says in..John 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

Dorine

« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2021, 05:43:48 AM »
"From that scene of heavenly joy, there comes back to us on earth the echo of Christ's own wonderful words, "I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God." John 20:17. The family of heaven and the family of earth are one. For us our Lord ascended, and for us He lives. "Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them." Hebrews 7:25.

What a sweet, sweet, loving Saviour we serve. He is soon to return to gather us together and usher us home. We are so close. Now is not the time to be disheartened and fearful. We are almost there and as evil intensifies here on earth, as we wait for His return, we may know that He will keep His promise to deliver us from sin when we continually abide in Him. Let's lean on His power and promises as we submit our lives each day to Him. He brings renewed hope and joy to my heart this morning.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2021, 11:16:17 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

What a joy it is to be accepted in the Beloved! Christ gives us graciously His acceptance on account of His sacrifice as we yield the whole heart to Him, confess and forsake our sins, and abide in His victory! No fear in love becomes our abiding experience as we rest in the reality of His word! Constant union and communion with Christ is such a blessing, accompanied by all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we affectionately obey the law of God!

"The voice of God is heard proclaiming that justice is satisfied. Satan is vanquished. Christ's toiling, struggling ones on earth are 'accepted in the Beloved.' Ephesians 1:6. Before the heavenly angels and the representatives of unfallen worlds, they are declared justified. Where He is, there His church shall be. 'Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.' Psalm 85:10. The Father's arms encircle His Son, and the word is given, 'Let all the angels of God worship Him.' Hebrews 1:6." {The Desire of Ages, page 834, paragraph 3}

Let us fix our eyes upon Jesus no matter what may come in our earthly pilgrimage! Jesus has the power and the grace to guide us in His healing path to heaven, encouraging us to invite others to the heavenly home, too! Let us do all we can to present the attractive loveliness of Jesus to the whole world for His promises are sure and cannot fail the weakest soul who trusts unreservedly in Him and follows where His Spirit leads!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2021, 05:13:57 AM »
Amen!!  "The Father's arms encircle His Son..."  What a picture to keep in our minds. This is our God!

God loves us so very much He  let His innocent Son come to this dark spot in the universe, a helpless baby subject to our weaknesses to fight the battle of life as we must fight it at the risk of failure and eternal loss!!! And when He had finished His work, His last Words to the onlooking disciples is a promise for you and for me. Even though we have sinned, if we will spend a thoughful hour a day contemplating our Savior's life sin will become hateful to us. When we come to this point, we can appreciate what He has done that we might live. We will trust Him with all we are and all we have. We believe that He means what He says "I am with you always even unto the end of the world."

Christ had sojourned in the world for thirty-three years; He had endured its scorn, insult, and mockery; He had been rejected and crucified. Now, when about to ascend to His throne of glory,--as He reviews the ingratitude of the people He came to save,--will He not withdraw from them His sympathy and love? Will not His affections be centered upon that realm where He is appreciated, and where sinless angels wait to do His bidding? No; His promise to those loved ones whom He leaves on earth is, "I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." Matthew 28:20. 

What a joy to once again complete reading the most beautiful Book ever written. How could anyone not love Jesus supremely after reading of His life, suffering and death! Thank you Jesus for your love for us as unworthy as we are!

Beacon

« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2022, 11:19:03 AM »
"With joy unutterable, rulers and principalities and powers acknowledge the supremacy of the Prince of life."

"The angel host prostrate themselves before Him, while the glad shout fills all the courts of heaven...,"

"Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12."

"Songs of triumph mingle with the music from angel harps, till heaven seems to overflow with joy and praise."

"Love has conquered."

"The lost is found. Heaven rings with voices in lofty strains proclaiming, "Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb forever and ever." Revelation 5:13.

As we start a New Year may our hearts rejoice and once again repeat. " Jesus Paid it All - All to Him I owe. "
---------------------------------------

I hear the Savior say,
“Thy strength indeed is small,
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all.”
    Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
  He washed it white as snow.
Lord, now indeed I find
Thy pow’r, and Thine alone,
Can change the leper’s spots,
And melt the heart of stone.
For nothing good have I
Whereby Thy grace to claim—
I’ll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calv’ry’s Lamb.
And when, before the throne,
I stand in Him complete,
“Jesus died my soul to save,”
My lips shall still repeat.

Lyrics:Elvina Mable Reynolds Hall (1822-1889)
Music:John Thomas Grape (1834-1915)