Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--74--Gethsemane  (Read 33953 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--74--Gethsemane
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2004, 07:17:00 AM »
Amen, Sister Marie.

There is a feast prepared for us. Jesus said "As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever." John 6:57, 58.

The story of Gethsemane and Calvary are food indeed. What shall we do with it? And, if we eat shall we not share with others?

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2004, 06:57:00 AM »
It is very sad to contemplate that we can help Jesus and many times do not. When we sin we mis-represent Him to those who watch. Jesus longed for human sympathy when His disciples slept. Do we do the same today?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2004, 07:23:00 AM »
Yes Richard, over and over we hurt Jesus because of our care-less attitude to others in their trials. Jesus experienced  this.  In His trials and pain He was much alone. Through this example we learn  to trust in Him during our trials, but we are never alone...He is there to bring us through the fiery trials in this ugly world we live in. Our own trials seem so big until we go to Gethsemane. He is our example.
I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 05:21:24 AM »
I believe Jesus felt He was alone. He did in fact hurt, but the fact that His disciples left Him was not as great a pain as the separation that had taken place between Him and His Father. This is the great struggle and it began and had its most painful impact in the garden.

Imagine it. He was the Creator of the universe. He was on the cusp of giving up His life. The Father had separated Himself from Him - He was suffering mentally and physically. The disciples could not stay awake. He was utterly alone in the universe. He was drinking the bitter cup. In this experience, He literally had no one.

We cannot begin to comprehend the singular aloneness Jesus was experiencing. Does this give us an idea as to how Jesus could literally sweat blood?

Does this also give us an idea of Hebrews 12:3 & 4's statement? Heb 12:3  For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. Heb 12:4  Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 06:57:04 PM »
And, how can we not love our Saviour more when we contemplate such love?

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 05:15:33 AM »

"Tarry ye here," He said, "and watch with Me." 
     He went a little distance from them--not so far but that they could both see and hear Him--and fell prostrate upon the ground. He felt that by sin He was being separated from His Father. The gulf was so broad, so black, so deep, that His spirit shuddered before it. This agony He must not exert His divine power to escape. As man He must suffer the consequences of man's sin. As man He must endure the wrath of God against transgression.   
     Christ was now standing in a different attitude from that in which He had ever stood before. His suffering can best be described in the words of the prophet, "Awake, O sword, against My shepherd, and against the man that is My fellow, saith the Lord of hosts." Zechariah 13:7. As the substitute and surety for sinful man, Christ was suffering under divine justice. He saw what justice meant. Hitherto He had been as an intercessor for others; now He longed to have an intercessor for Himself.

What a loving Savior we have to suffer such for us! This time around in reading the Desire of Ages I've been much more aware of His humanity for some reason. So just look at the last bolded sentence. He longed to have an intercessor for Himself!! And yet He was denied even this small thing. How I wish time travel was possible so I give a Peter, James, and John and extra warning to be vigilant and keep awake and pray.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2016, 06:52:34 AM »
Amen, Jim. One of the saddest things I have ever considered. Jesus longed for human sympathy in His great trial, but received none.   :(

This chapter is one of the most important messages ever written throughout all time. It reveals the wrath of God against sin, and by so doing reveals God's great love for us while we were yet sinners. God allowed His innocent Son to suffer in our place. Such love the world has never seen!

Read this chapter over and over for a few months and you will be blessed.

Behold Him contemplating the price to be paid for the human soul. In His agony He clings to the cold ground, as if to prevent Himself from being drawn farther from God. The chilling dew of night falls upon His prostrate form, but He heeds it not. From His pale lips comes the bitter cry, "O My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me." Yet even now He adds, "Nevertheless not as I will, but as Thou wilt." 
     The human heart longs for sympathy in suffering. This longing Christ felt to the very depths of His being. In the supreme agony of His soul He came to His disciples with a yearning desire to hear some words of comfort from those whom He had so often blessed and comforted, and shielded in sorrow and distress. The One who had always had words of sympathy for them was now suffering superhuman agony, and He longed to know that they were praying for Him and for themselves. How dark seemed the malignity of sin! Terrible was the temptation to let the human race bear the consequences of its own guilt, while He stood innocent before God. If He could only know that His disciples understood and appreciated this, He would be strengthened.
     Rising with painful effort, He staggered to the place where He had left His companions. But He "findeth them asleep." Had He found them praying, He would have been relieved. Had they been seeking refuge in God, that satanic agencies might not prevail over them, He would have been comforted by their steadfast faith. But they had not heeded the repeated warning, "Watch and pray." At first they had been much troubled to see their Master, usually so calm and dignified, wrestling with a sorrow that was beyond comprehension. They had prayed as they heard the strong cries of the sufferer. They did not intend to forsake their Lord, but they seemed paralyzed by a stupor which they might have shaken off if they had continued pleading with God. They did not realize the necessity of watchfulness and earnest prayer in order to withstand temptation.   

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2016, 07:29:27 AM »
Oh, I thank the Lord for bearing my sin in Gethsemane--the realization that Jesus bore all this for me is a humbling thought, but I am motivated to want to share and reflect in some degree the grace of God that has made it possible for me to have a new heart.

It is by beholding this immense sacrifice that my heart and mind are softened and subdued to appreciate more fully what Jesus has borne, how much the Father suffered in giving His Son to bear our sin, and how great is the condescension of the Holy Spirit who is willing to move upon our hearts unseen to behold the infinite love of God in Christ.

I love this thought:

Turning away, Jesus sought again His retreat, and fell prostrate, overcome by the horror of a great darkness. The humanity of the Son of God trembled in that trying hour. He prayed not now for His disciples that their faith might not fail, but for His own tempted, agonized soul. The awful moment had come--that moment which was to decide the destiny of the world. The fate of humanity trembled in the balance. Christ might even now refuse to drink the cup apportioned to guilty man. It was not yet too late. He might wipe the bloody sweat from His brow, and leave man to perish in his iniquity. He might say, Let the transgressor receive the penalty of his sin, and I will go back to My Father. Will the Son of God drink the bitter cup of humiliation and agony? Will the innocent suffer the consequences of the curse of sin, to save the guilty? The words fall tremblingly from the pale lips of Jesus, "O My Father, if this cup may not pass away from Me, except I drink it, Thy will be done." 
     Three times has He uttered that prayer. Three times has humanity shrunk from the last, crowning sacrifice. But now the history of the human race comes up before the world's Redeemer. He sees that the transgressors of the law, if left to themselves, must perish. He sees the helplessness of man. He sees the power of sin. The woes and lamentations of a doomed world rise before Him. He beholds its impending fate, and His decision is made. He will save man at any cost to Himself. He accepts His baptism of blood, that through Him perishing millions may gain everlasting life. He has left the courts of heaven, where all is purity, happiness, and glory, to save the one lost sheep, the one world that has fallen by transgression. And He will not turn from His mission. He will become the propitiation of a race that has willed to sin. His prayer now breathes only submission: "If this cup may not pass away from Me, except I drink it, Thy will be done."   

Even as we are called to behold the loveliness of Jesus, and see how horrible sin is, we see that in Gethsemane Jesus beheld our horrific fate if He did not take our sin upon Himself, and bear the wrath of God against sin in His soul. Wow! What love! Oh, for eternity we will never tire of singing this amazing love and sacrifice! For eternity we will ever appreciate more fully the science and song of redemption seen in Gethsemane, Calvary, and the character of our God! Praise the Lord!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2016, 05:55:57 AM »
Again, this chapter is such a powerful revelation of the love of God for a lost race. When you and I may be tempted to discouragement or feel overwhelmed by what may lie before us, let us afresh contemplate what Christ experienced and remember that any trial or difficulty that we are allowed to bear must first come through Christ, and that He will give us the grace sufficient in our time of need.

And what was to be gained by this sacrifice? How hopeless appeared the guilt and ingratitude of men! In its hardest features Satan pressed the situation upon the Redeemer: The people who claim to be above all others in temporal and spiritual advantages have rejected You. They are seeking to destroy You, the foundation, the center and seal of the promises made to them as a peculiar people. One of Your own disciples, who has listened to Your instruction, and has been among the foremost in church activities, will betray You. One of Your most zealous followers will deny You. All will forsake You. Christ's whole being abhorred the thought. That those whom He had undertaken to save, those whom He loved so much, should unite in the plots of Satan, this pierced His soul. The conflict was terrible. Its measure was the guilt of His nation, of His accusers and betrayer, the guilt of a world lying in wickedness. The sins of men weighed heavily upon Christ, and the sense of God's wrath against sin was crushing out His life. 

There may come times when Satan will try to do this with us, too. But what did Christ do in that trying hour? He continued to watch and pray, submitting entirely to the Father even though the conflict was terrible. We find that for us, the way is not necessarily around the trial, but through it. And no trial we will be called to bear will ever compare to what Christ bore for us in Gethsemane. We see a divine-human Savior bearing unutterable agony, and we can take courage that the darkest and most perplexing times of our lives are but invitations to see Christ bearing our sin and suffering, so we can have everlasting life! What wondrous love is this!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2016, 05:57:55 AM »
Amen, Pastor Sean!   What wondrous love!!

Some may at times may wonder if God loves them. Does God love you? Does God love me?  By God's grace, I do not wonder about this. I know He loves me. How do I know? Because I have gotten to know Him personally. Over 30 years, I have talked with Him, read about Him, pleaded with Him, asked for forgiveness over and over, and had prayers answered, even before I prayed. More than that, I have studied His character daily for 30 years. In this book, especially in this chapter, I have seen His great love for me. It causes me to sorrow over my sins, and my sinful nature. When seeing His character of love and mercy it causes me to fall on my face. How much does God love you and me? Listen to this:

As Christ felt His unity with the Father broken up, He feared that in His human nature He would be unable to endure the coming conflict with the powers of darkness. In the wilderness of temptation the destiny of the human race had been at stake. Christ was then conqueror. Now the tempter had come for the last fearful struggle. For this he had been preparing during the three years of Christ's ministry. Everything was at stake with him. If he failed here, his hope of mastery was lost; the kingdoms of the world would finally become Christ's; he himself would be overthrown and cast out. But if Christ could be overcome, the earth would become Satan's kingdom, and the human race would be forever in his power. With the issues of the conflict before Him, Christ's soul was filled with dread of separation from God. Satan told Him that if He became the surety for a sinful world, the separation would be eternal. He would be identified with Satan's kingdom, and would nevermore be one with God.   
  This was so very true.

Some think Jesus was just like us, He was not. Some think they are just like Jesus, they are not. He is our example, but He is God. He could have failed, He could have sinned, but He did not. Can you carry your own sins? No. Jesus carried the sins of the world. Was He sure He could do it? No, He was not. He was tempted far greater than we shall ever be.

Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss.
     The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. "Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth! 

Now, think about what we just read. If you contemplate this for 30 years, you too will know just as I do, that God loves you!  Matter of fact, it does not take 30 years, it only takes one reading when you allow it into your heart and mind.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2016, 08:34:26 AM »
Amen, Richard! This is one of the most powerfully revealing chapters of the love of God and the cost of our salvation.

Christ's agony did not cease, but His depression and discouragement left Him. The storm had in nowise abated, but He who was its object was strengthened to meet its fury. He came forth calm and serene. A heavenly peace rested upon His bloodstained face. He had borne that which no human being could ever bear; for He had tasted the sufferings of death for every man.

I am so thankful that we can look to Jesus and live, and realize that He tasted our sufferings and death, so that we, through an entire surrender of our lives and will to Him, may have everlasting life. What a gift! Praise the Lord!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2016, 10:40:37 PM »
Amen, Pastor Sean.  Jesus loves us. He has proved it.

Three times has He uttered that prayer. Three times has humanity shrunk from the last, crowning sacrifice. But now the history of the human race comes up before the world's Redeemer. He sees that the transgressors of the law, if left to themselves, must perish. He sees the helplessness of man. He sees the power of sin. The woes and lamentations of a doomed world rise before Him. He beholds its impending fate, and His decision is made. He will save man at any cost to Himself. He accepts His baptism of blood, that through Him perishing millions may gain everlasting life. He has left the courts of heaven, where all is purity, happiness, and glory, to save the one lost sheep, the one world that has fallen by transgression. And He will not turn from His mission. He will become the propitiation of a race that has willed to sin. His prayer now breathes only submission: "If this cup may not pass away from Me, except I drink it, Thy will be done."   

How can we not love Him!!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2016, 06:35:42 AM »
I love Jesus with my whole heart as I behold Him! What wondrous love is this! Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Thank you Father in heaven for sending Jesus! Jesus, we adore You for all you endured for us! And we are so thankful that the Holy Spirit moves our hearts to desire to behold and experience the transformation of such grace! Hallelujah! This is my story and song for evermore!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2017, 08:50:25 AM »
The joy of beholding Jesus continues, knowing that all my depression and discouragement that I have ever suffered or indulged was laid upon Him:

Christ's agony did not cease, but His depression and discouragement left Him. The storm had in nowise abated, but He who was its object was strengthened to meet its fury. He came forth calm and serene. A heavenly peace rested upon His bloodstained face. He had borne that which no human being could ever bear; for He had tasted the sufferings of death for every man. 

Christ was not naturally a depressed or discouraged Man; He suffered OUR DEPRESSION AND DISCOURAGEMENT because He suffered on account of the sin that has separated us from God. There is enough here for infinite meditation--that God, the Son who is one with the Father, should be permitted by His beloved Father to come and suffer thus, to taste death for us that we might gain everlasting life--oh, how can we not be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL and praise God in ALL CIRCUMSTANCES! Whatever we may face today, we are to remember that it will never be as intense as what Jesus suffered for us, and that any sin or struggle we face is to be an instant invitation to prayer and full-heart surrender. Jesus bore our sins, so why should we go on in sin and suffer ourselves when that only compounds the pain of our God? Let us turn from sin as we see how heinous it is to a holy God:

But God suffered with His Son. Angels beheld the Saviour's agony. They saw their Lord enclosed by legions of satanic forces, His nature weighed down with a shuddering, mysterious dread. There was silence in heaven. No harp was touched. Could mortals have viewed the amazement of the angelic host as in silent grief they watched the Father separating His beams of light, love, and glory from His beloved Son, they would better understand how offensive in His sight is sin. 

God has the power to keep us from falling into sin today and each day (1 Corinthians 10:13 promises this to us). Our great need is revealed even in this chapter--to "watch and pray"--to behold the loveliness of Jesus revealed in His life (especially the closing scenes) for a thoughtful hour ("watch") and then to continue to have those scenes before us in our daily labor and service as we abide in Him bearing the fruits of the Spirit ("pray"). Only as we realize more fully how great God's love is for us and how weak we are will we be willing to heed the invitation. Let us behold Jesus throughout this day and be a blessing to those around us! 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2017, 10:43:25 PM »

The joy of beholding Jesus continues, knowing that all my depression and discouragement that I have ever suffered or indulged was laid upon Him. 

Amen, Pastor Sean!  And, my sins were place upon Christ when He was bearing the sins of the world! Such a painful thought, yet it is the glory of God to take my sins upon Himself!! Such love! This is the grace that transforms a sinner into a saint!

Will the innocent suffer the consequences of the curse of sin, to save the guilty? The words fall tremblingly from the pale lips of Jesus, "O My Father, if this cup may not pass away from Me, except I drink it, Thy will be done."
     Having made the decision, He fell dying to the ground from which He had partially risen. Where now were His disciples, to place their hands tenderly beneath the head of their fainting Master, and bathe that brow, marred indeed more than the sons of men? The Saviour trod the wine press alone, and of the people there was none with Him. 

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2017, 06:16:20 AM »
But now He seemed to be shut out from the light of God's sustaining presence. Now He was numbered with the transgressors. The guilt of fallen humanity He must bear. Upon Him who knew no sin must be laid the iniquity of us all. So dreadful does sin appear to Him, so great is the weight of guilt which He must bear, that He is tempted to fear it will shut Him out forever from His Father's love. Feeling how terrible is the wrath of God against transgression, He exclaims, "My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death." 

As Christ felt His unity with the Father broken up, He feared that in His human nature He would be unable to endure the coming conflict with the powers of darkness. In the wilderness of temptation the destiny of the human race had been at stake. Christ was then conqueror. Now the tempter had come for the last fearful struggle. For this he had been preparing during the three years of Christ's ministry. Everything was at stake with him. If he failed here, his hope of mastery was lost; the kingdoms of the world would finally become Christ's; he himself would be overthrown and cast out. But if Christ could be overcome, the earth would become Satan's kingdom, and the human race would be forever in his power. With the issues of the conflict before Him, Christ's soul was filled with dread of separation from God. Satan told Him that if He became the surety for a sinful world, the separation would be eternal. He would be identified with Satan's kingdom, and would nevermore be one with God. 

Satan does not play by rules nor does he have compassion of any kind. Even among nations who go to war there are certain rules and methods of war that are restricted. Not so with the devil outside of God's restricting power. He plays the long game and he plays for keeps. This is why he strikes when Christ's humanity was it's weakest. This is when he often takes advantage of anyone who is low and down mentally and/or physically. If he would attempt to kick Christ while He was down do we think we are any better? I'm not trying to talk up the devil's power but rather to warn of the seriousness of our situation. This is why we need Christ every moment. Look at the following.

Satan is constantly at work, but few have any idea of his activity and subtlety. The people of God must be prepared to withstand the wily foe. It is this resistance that Satan dreads. He knows better than we do the limit of his power and how easily he can be overcome if we resist and face him. Through divine strength the weakest saint is more than a match for him and all his angels, and if brought to the test he would be able to prove his superior power. Therefore Satan’s step is noiseless, his movements stealthy, and his batteries masked. He does not venture to show himself openly, lest he arouse the Christian’s dormant energies and send him to God in prayer. {5T 293.4}

I remember years ago some friends of mine had their teenage son at home dying from cancer who the year before this started had given himself to Christ. One Sabbath afternoon I went to visit them. The son had slipped into a coma and had been unresponsive for several days. However, the parents told me that sometimes they'd hear something from his room and when they enter the room they could hear their boy say.... "get away from me satan, Christ is my Lord now. Leave me alone!".  Not long after he fell asleep in Christ. This may sound a little scary but that's ok. It may sound serious and it is. But if we are abiding Him and He in us we can also be victorious over the devil.

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2017, 07:26:09 AM »
Amen, Jim! Abiding in Christ, there is victory over Satan, sin, and temptation!

Behold Him paying the price to have freedom from sin:

Having made the decision, He fell dying to the ground from which He had partially risen. Where now were His disciples, to place their hands tenderly beneath the head of their fainting Master, and bathe that brow, marred indeed more than the sons of men? The Saviour trod the wine press alone, and of the people there was none with Him. – {DA 693.1}

He chose to save you! Rejoice in Him!!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2017, 05:56:41 PM »
Amen!  Rejoice, and again I say rejoice!!

Satan told Him that if He became the surety for a sinful world, the separation would be eternal. He would be identified with Satan's kingdom, and would nevermore be one with God. 

Rejoice that Jesus loves us enough to go ahead with the plan of salvation even if He would be eternally separated from His Father, never more one with God, even though He sinned not. The wages of sin is eternal separation from God. Thus, it makes sense that if the price was to be pain for your sin and my sin, then Jesus must be eternally separated from His Father. What a horrible thought!

Jim, I like your quote: "Through divine strength the weakest saint is more than a match for him and all his angels, and if brought to the test he would be able to prove his superior power."
How can a weak fallen man have victory over Satan who excels in strength? Because in Christ, he is a partaker of God's divine nature. It is the power of God working through the repentant sinner that gives the victory over death and Satan!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2017, 04:29:43 AM »
I praise the Lord that Jesus was willing to pass through the agony of Gethsemane to save me from sin, and to give me power to obey out of love because I get to behold His love. Love awakens love; and we see His love so clearly in Gethsemane--He gave all for us!

"Turning away, Jesus sought again His retreat, and fell prostrate, overcome by the horror of a great darkness. The humanity of the Son of God trembled in that trying hour. He prayed not now for His disciples that their faith might not fail, but for His own tempted, agonized soul. The awful moment had come--that moment which was to decide the destiny of the world. The fate of humanity trembled in the balance. Christ might even now refuse to drink the cup apportioned to guilty man. It was not yet too late. He might wipe the bloody sweat from His brow, and leave man to perish in his iniquity. He might say, Let the transgressor receive the penalty of his sin, and I will go back to My Father. Will the Son of God drink the bitter cup of humiliation and agony? Will the innocent suffer the consequences of the curse of sin, to save the guilty? The words fall tremblingly from the pale lips of Jesus, 'O My Father, if this cup may not pass away from Me, except I drink it, Thy will be done.'"  {The Desire of Ages, page 690, paragraph 2}

Yes! He drinks it for us! Now, may we go forth to offer the cup of salvation to others--to present to them in word and life the loveliness of Jesus from having spent this "thoughtful hour" with Him. We will be changed by His infinite love as we yield the heart to Him!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2017, 03:15:00 PM »
Amen, Pastor Sean! What love! What a cost which has been paid for our redemption! If only we were to keep these truths uppermost in our minds! How could we hurt the One who loves us so much!

Having made the decision, He fell dying to the ground from which He had partially risen. Where now were His disciples, to place their hands tenderly beneath the head of their fainting Master, and bathe that brow, marred indeed more than the sons of men? The Saviour trod the wine press alone, and of the people there was none with Him.
     But God suffered with His Son. Angels beheld the Saviour's agony. They saw their Lord enclosed by legions of satanic forces, His nature weighed down with a shuddering, mysterious dread. There was silence in heaven. No harp was touched. Could mortals have viewed the amazement of the angelic host as in silent grief they watched the Father separating His beams of light, love, and glory from His beloved Son, they would better understand how offensive in His sight is sin. 

Heavenly Father, forgive us our sins! And, keep us from sinning that we might not continue to hurt you and Jesus!