Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--75--Before Annas and the Court of Caiaphas  (Read 13644 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--75--Before Annas and the Court of Caiaphas
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2022, 08:11:13 PM »
"Had those hours in the garden been spent in watching and prayer, Peter would not have been left to depend upon his own feeble strength."

"He would not have denied his Lord."

"Had the disciples watched with Christ in His agony, they would have been prepared to behold His suffering upon the cross. They would have understood in some degree the nature of His overpowering anguish."

They would have been able to recall His words that foretold His sufferings, His death, and His resurrection. Amid the gloom of the most trying hour, some rays of hope would have lighted up the darkness and sustained their faith."

*Quote by Sister Dorine*

The devil loves to make us sleepy when we spend time with Jesus. We must make a decided effort to stay alert. Sometimes it's the position we are in that is too relaxing and encourages a sleepiness to come over us.  Other times we allow our minds to wonder. Whatever method Satan uses we can take it to God and make a decided effort to stay awake. We do not want to miss out on the blessings of strength and courage to make the right decisions for Christ and to stand true to Him at all times.

Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
  Standing on the promises of God.
    Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
  Iím standing on the promises of God.
Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,
Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by loveís strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spiritís sword,
Standing on the promises I shall not fall,
Listíning every moment to the Spiritís call.
Resting in my Savior as my All in all,
  Standing on the promises of God

Lyrics & Music :Richard Blanchard (1925-2004)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--75--Before Annas and the Court of Caiaphas
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2022, 06:23:55 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

By looking constantly to Jesus with the eye of faith, we shall be strengthened and encouraged to be clearly known as disciples of Jesus like John during Jesus' trial that led to His death. May we see and hear all we can about our lovely Jesus and let others know how much we love Him who first loved us!

"The disciple John, upon entering the judgment hall, did not try to conceal the fact that he was a follower of Jesus. He did not mingle with the rough company who were reviling his Master. He was not questioned, for he did not assume a false character, and thus lay himself liable to suspicion. He sought a retired corner secure from the notice of the mob, but as near Jesus as it was possible for him to be. Here he could see and hear all that took place at the trial of his Lord." {The Desire of Ages, page 711, paragraph 1}

All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be manifest in our lives when we accept a complete heart-transformation from Christ and abide in His love! May you today grow in grace and in the knowledge of Jesus by being with Him in constant union and communion!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}