Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--73--"Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled"  (Read 23455 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--73--"Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled"
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2021, 09:11:39 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

In Christ through a total surrender of the will by the Holy Spirit we may experience continual victory over sin and a constant union and communion with Him whereby all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing are manifest! Affectionately God empowers us to obey Him by His grace through faith!

"'These things I have spoken unto you,' He said, 'that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.' Christ did not fail, neither was He discouraged, and His followers are to manifest a faith of the same enduring nature. They are to live as He lived, and work as He worked, because they depend on Him as the great Master Worker. Courage, energy, and perseverance they must possess. Though apparent impossibilities obstruct their way, by His grace they are to go forward. Instead of deploring difficulties, they are called upon to surmount them. They are to despair of nothing, and to hope for everything. With the golden chain of His matchless love Christ has bound them to the throne of God. It is His purpose that the highest influence in the universe, emanating from the source of all power, shall be theirs. They are to have power to resist evil, power that neither earth, nor death, nor hell can master, power that will enable them to overcome as Christ overcame." {The Desire of Ages, page 679, paragraph 3}

When we realize the constant victory Christ offers us, we can have a good time all the time, because we glory in our tribulations and trust that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose! Let us praise God for His victory in our lives through Christ continually!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2022, 08:32:31 PM »
"Though apparent impossibilities obstruct their way, by His grace they, the disciples of Christ, are to go forward."

"Instead of deploring difficulties, they are called upon to surmount them."

"They are to despair of nothing, and to hope for everything."

"With the golden chain of His matchless love Christ has bound them to the throne of God."

"It is His purpose that the highest influence in the universe, emanating from the source of all power, shall be theirs."

"They are to have power to resist evil, power that neither earth, nor death, nor hell can master, power that will enable them to overcome as Christ overcame."

Are "WE" Ready, and "Willing", to swear Allegiance to Jesus, and to Serve in the Lord's Army?

Encamped along the hills of light,
  Ye Christian soldiers rise,
And press the battle ere the night
  Shall veil the glowing skies;
Against the foe in vales below
  Let all our strength be hurled;
Faith is the victory, we know,
  That overcomes the world.
    Faith is the victory!
Faith is the victory!
O glorious victory,
  That overcomes the world.
His banner over us is love,
  Our sword the Word of God;
We tread the road the saints before
  With shouts of triumph trod.
By faith, they like a whirlwind’s breath,
  Swept on o’er every field;
The faith by which they conquered death
  Is still our shining shield.
On every hand the foe we find
  Drawn up in dread array;
Let tents of ease be left behind,
  And onward to the fray.
Salvation’s helmet on each head,
  With truth all girt about,
The earth shall tremble ’neath our tread,
  And echo with our shout.
To him that overcomes the foe,
  White raiment shall be giv’n;
Before the angels he shall know
  His name confessed in heav’n;
Then onward from the hills of light,
  Our hearts with love aflame,
We’ll vanquish all the hosts of night,
  In Jesus’ conqu’ring name.

Lyrics:John Henry Yates (1837-1900)
Music:Ira David Sankey (1840-1908)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2022, 05:47:28 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

But the Saviour's words to them were full of hope. He knew that they were to be assailed by the enemy, and that Satan's craft is most successful against those who are depressed by difficulties. Therefore He pointed them away from "the things which are seen," to "the things which are not seen." 2 Corinthians 4:18. From earthly exile He turned their thoughts to the heavenly home.

When we look above our difficulties and earthly trials to the great hereafter, we can praise God for His goodness and grace that even now has power to convert us from being rebellious sinners into repentant saints who love to do God's will in obeying Him fully with all of the fruits of the Spirit manifest in our lives without one missing!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2022, 06:07:30 AM »
"Verily, verily, I say unto you," Christ continued, "He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also." The Saviour was deeply anxious for His disciples to understand for what purpose His divinity was united to humanity. He came to the world to display the glory of God, that man might be uplifted by its restoring power. God was manifested in Him that He might be manifested in them. Jesus revealed no qualities, and exercised no powers, that men may not have through faith in Him. His perfect humanity is that which all His followers may possess, if they will be in subjection to God as He was."

This may be hard for some to believe but it is true. The only way this will happen is by a consistently surrendered life in Christ. We may see ourselves as weak and unworthy but Jesus says "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins." 1 John 1:9.  He also tells us this in 2Co 12:9  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.

There are so many encouraging promises that show how ready and willing Jesus is to keep us from sinning and to give us victory over self. Our part is so very small compared to His part but it is vitally important. Let's be looking to Jesus that we may be overcomers in our lives as He was in His.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Dorine

« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2022, 08:50:50 AM »
I left out a very important part of that verse.....

"If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2022, 08:46:54 AM »
I wish so very much that what is being shared here, could be shared with the whole church, even the whole world. It is available to all who will open the Bible and prayerfully study to know the truth and to know God. It is such a blessing every day to read what is being shared.

This chapter is one of the very great ones. We can say this about so many, but this has so very much in it including the truth about the Holy Spirit and His work. As has already been shared, I choose this one because it is such an encouragement today as so many have not been able to do that which is offered to all who are seeking victory over self.

All true obedience comes from the heart. It was heart work with Christ. And if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our own impulses. The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest delight in doing His service. When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with God, sin will become hateful to us.
     As Christ lived the law in humanity, so we may do if we will take hold of the Strong for strength.

How can this be? It would be well to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Jesus. Why? Because by beholding His great love, we would become transformed into His image (character). Read 2 Cor. 3:18. It is a promise for all who will eat His flesh and drink His blood.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.