Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--73--"Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled"  (Read 28194 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--73--"Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled"
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2020, 08:37:18 AM »
"After the Lord’s ascension, the disciples realized the fulfillment of His promise. The scenes of the crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension of Christ were a living reality to them. They saw that the prophecies had been literally fulfilled. They searched the Scriptures, and accepted their teaching with a faith and assurance unknown before. They knew that the divine Teacher was all that He had claimed to be. As they told their experience, and exalted the love of God, men’s hearts were melted and subdued, and multitudes believed on Jesus. The Saviour’s promise to His disciples is a promise to His church to the end of time."

What is our part?

To behold that love! That is what melts and subdues the hard heart of the sinner. It is by grace we are saved. We must behold Him who gave all that we might be transformed into His image (2 Cor. 3:18). It would be well to spend a thoughtful hour each day contemplating the life of Christ, most especially the closing scenes where He suffered for each of our sins. We cannot trust someone we do not know. It is by spending time with Him that we will trust Him with all we are  and all we have.

And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent."

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

ClaudiaThompson

• My YouTube Channel (the closest thing I have to a website now)
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2020, 10:54:33 PM »
I just thought that I would put this here.

I have seen a connection between the Fruits of the Spirit, Peter's Ladder, and the Three Angel's Messages.

All three appear to be the same, the results of being a Partaker of the Divine Nature.

You will see if you read a part of my Study below....

1. The Fruits of the Spirit

love
joy
peace
longsuffering
gentleness
goodness
faith
meekness
temperance

Galatians 5:19-25
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

2. Peter's Ladder /partaker's of the Divine Nature

faith
virtue
knowledge
temperance
patience
godliness
brotherly kindness
charity

2 Peter 1
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

3. The Three Angel's Messages and the 1888 Message

Justification by Faith
In the year of 1924, it was voted by the members of the Ministerial Association Advisory Council, that Arthur G. Daniells arrange a compilation of the writings of Ellen G. White on the subject of Justification by Faith. He also wrote of the experience and developments connected with the Minneapolis Conference.
Elder Daniells was well-aware that Justification by Faith was to be an indwelling experience in the believer’s life. With this in mind, he gave a most concise description of the total process which one goes through when the third angel’s message enters down into the soul. This condensed version of Righteousness by Faith is found in Daniells’ book entitled, Christ Our Righteousness. It reads as follows:

“Justification by Faith is God’s way of saving sinners; His way of convicting sinners of their guilt, their condemnation, and their utterly undone and lost condition. It is also God’s way of canceling their guilt, delivering them from the condemnation of His divine law, and giving them a new and right standing before Him and His holy law. Justification by Faith is God’s way of changing weak sinful defeated men and women into strong, righteous, victorious Christians.

“Now if it be true that justification by faith is ‘the third angel’s message in verity—in fact, in reality—it must be that the genuine understanding and appropriation of the third angel’s message is designed to do for and in those who receive it the full work of justification by faith. That this is its purpose is evident from the following considerations:

“1. The great threefold message of Revelation 14 which we designate by the term ‘the third angel’s message,’ is declared to be ‘the everlasting gospel.’ Revelation 14:6.
“2. The message makes the solemn announcement that ‘the hour of His Judgment is come.’
“3. It admonishes all who are to meet God at His great tribunal, to be judged by His righteous law, to ‘fear God, and give glory to Him,’ and to ‘worship Him that made heaven, and earth.’ Verse 7.
“4. The result, or fruitage, of this message of warning and admonition is the development of a people of whom it is declared: ‘Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.’ Verse 12.

“In all this we have the facts of justification by faith. The message is the gospel of salvation from sin, condemnation, and death. The Judgment brings men and woman face to face with the law of righteousness, by which they are to be tried. Because of their guilt and condemnation, they are warned to fear and worship God. This involves conviction of guilt, repentance, confession, and renunciation. This is the ground of forgiveness, cleansing, and justification. Those who enter into this experience have had wrought into their characters the sweet, beautiful grace of patience, in an age of all-pervading irritability and fiery temper, which is destroying the peace, happiness, and safety of the human race. What is that but justification by faith? The word declares that, being justified by faith, we have ‘peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.’ Roman; 5:1.
“But more still, these believers ‘keep the commandments of God.’ They have experienced the marvelous change from hating and transgressing the law of God, to loving and keeping its righteous precepts. Their standing before the law has been changed. Their guilt has been canceled; their sentence has been annulled. Having accepted Christ as their Savior, they have received His righteousness and His life.
“This wondrous transformation can be wrought only by the grace and power of God, and it is wrought for those only who lay hold of Christ as their substitute, their surety, their Redeemer. Therefore, it is said that they ‘keep the faith of Jesus.’ This reveals the secret of their rich, deep experience. They laid hold of the faith of Jesus, that faith by which He triumphed over the power of darkness.” A.G. Daniells, Christ Our Righteousness, pages 65,66.

It is notable here in this quotation by Elder Daniells, that the experience of Justification by Faith begins with the first angel’s message, and its application to the heart. And by the time that the believer has allowed the messages of the three angels to permeate his soul, an entire transformation has taken place in which the believer becomes released from the condemnation of the law, and he can be pointed to as one who “keeps the commandments of God,” and who “has the faith of Jesus.” These who experience the transformation also have peace.

Therefore, the 1888 message of Justification by Faith is none other than an experience of actually permitting the three angel’s messages to enter into the heart and to change the life. It would be well then, to make an effort to explore more deeply just how it is that the transformation takes place.
Matthew 9:36-38
36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2020, 02:11:23 PM »
Sister Claudia, I moved your post to this thread since it deals pointedly with the "fruits of the Spirit." You are correct, the fruits of the Spirit Peter's ladder, and the last message of warning to a world soon to perish are connected. It is good to see that they are intimately connected to the sinner having come to repentance by God's grace whereby he  becomes a partaker of God's divine nature.

It is notable here in this quotation by Elder Daniells, that the experience of Justification by Faith begins with the first angel’s message, and its application to the heart. And by the time that the believer has allowed the messages of the three angels to permeate his soul, an entire transformation has taken place in which the believer becomes released from the condemnation of the law, and he can be pointed to as one who “keeps the commandments of God,” and who “has the faith of Jesus.” These who experience the transformation also have peace.

Therefore, the 1888 message of Justification by Faith is none other than an experience of actually permitting the three angel’s messages to enter into the heart and to change the life. It would be well then, to make an effort to explore more deeply just how it is that the transformation takes place.

That is a very good and important question dear sister. Take a few moments and read some of the posts in this forum during the last two or three years and you will find it encouraging. When you find the answer, share with us in this thread.

I was encouraged to read your thoughts here:  "It is notable here in this quotation by Elder Daniells, that the experience of Justification by Faith begins with the first angel’s message, and its application to the heart. And by the time that the believer has allowed the messages of the three angels to permeate his soul, an entire transformation has taken place in which the believer becomes released from the condemnation of the law, and he can be pointed to as one who 'keeps the commandments of God,' and who 'has the faith of Jesus.' These who experience the transformation also have peace."

Yes, it is not so much the second and third angels' message as it is the first. We may be ignorant of the second and third, but when the gospel is allowed to bring grace into the heart, there is a transformation of character and all of the fruits of the Spirit are seen in the life, not one is missing.  "Not one is missing."  Love, joy, and peace come when the whole heart is fully surrendered to Christ. Then peace that passes all understanding is ours as long as we continue to remain fully surrendered. The question is how do we come to the point of full surrender? And how do we remain fully surrendered? What must I do to achieve both? Jesus told Nicodemus what he must do in order to born again of the Spirit (John 3).

In this chapter where I moved your post to, your will find something pertaining to your post. Because you and those reading here are diligent Bible students I am going to post more than just a quick sentence. Here it is:

“Abide in Me, and I in you.” Abiding in Christ means a constant receiving of His Spirit, a life of unreserved surrender to His service. The channel of communication must be open continually between man and his God. As the vine branch constantly draws the sap from the living vine, so are we to cling to Jesus, and receive from Him by faith the strength and perfection of His own character.

The root sends its nourishment through the branch to the outermost twig. So Christ communicates the current of spiritual strength to every believer. So long as the soul is united to Christ, there is no danger that it will wither or decay.

The life of the vine will be manifest in fragrant fruit on the branches. “He that abideth in Me,” said Jesus, “and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing.” When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing.

“My Father is the husbandman. Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away.” While the graft is outwardly united with the vine, there may be no vital connection. Then there will be no growth or fruitfulness. So there may be an apparent connection with Christ without a real union with Him by faith. A profession of religion places men in the church, but the character and conduct show whether they are in connection with Christ. If they bear no fruit, they are false branches. Their separation from Christ involves a ruin as complete as that represented by the dead branch. “If a man abide not in Me,” said Christ, “he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.”  “And every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth [pruneth] it, that it may bring forth more fruit.” From the chosen twelve who had followed Jesus, one as a withered branch was about to be taken away; the rest were to pass under the pruning knife of bitter trial. Jesus with solemn tenderness explained the purpose of the husbandman. The pruning will cause pain, but it is the Father who applies the knife. He works with no wanton hand or indifferent heart. There are branches trailing upon the ground; these must be cut loose from the earthly supports to which their tendrils are fastening. They are to reach heavenward, and find their support in God. The excessive foliage that draws away the life current from the fruit must be pruned off. The overgrowth must be cut out, to give room for the healing beams of the Sun of Righteousness. The husbandman prunes away the harmful growth, that the fruit may be richer and more abundant.

“Herein is My Father glorified,” said Jesus, “that ye bear much fruit.” God desires to manifest through you the holiness, the benevolence, the compassion, of His own character. Yet the Saviour does not bid the disciples labor to bear fruit. He tells them to abide in Him. “If ye abide in Me,” He says, “and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” It is through the word that Christ abides in His followers. This is the same vital union that is represented by eating His flesh and drinking His blood. The words of Christ are spirit and life. Receiving them, you receive the life of the Vine. You live “by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” Matthew 4:4. The life of Christ in you produces the same fruits as in Him. Living in Christ, adhering to Christ, supported by Christ, drawing nourishment from Christ, you bear fruit after the similitude of Christ.  Desire of Ages, pg 671

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2020, 05:49:38 PM »
Happy Sabbath to you all!

We are called to abide in Christ!

"The life of the vine will be manifest in fragrant fruit on the branches. 'He that abideth in Me,' said Jesus, 'and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing.' When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, page 676, paragraph 4} 

What a blessing to have Christ living in us, the hope of glory! Then His character is manifest in and through us so our hearts and minds remain imbued with His divine nature! "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law" (Galatians 5:22-23). Let us choose to look to Christ so His character will flow spontaneously through us to bless others!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2020, 06:14:50 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean!! What power, what a promise!! This chapter like all others, tells us  that God's love if allowed into our hearts will transform us that we might be witnesses of the power of grace to recreate humanity into His image.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you," Christ continued, "He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also." The Saviour was deeply anxious for His disciples to understand for what purpose His divinity was united to humanity. He came to the world to display the glory of God, that man might be uplifted by its restoring power. God was manifested in Him that He might be manifested in them. Jesus revealed no qualities, and exercised no powers, that men may not have through faith in Him. His perfect humanity is that which all His followers may possess, if they will be in subjection to God as He was.

What does this mean, "His perfect humanity" we might have? It is His character that we may possess, today not tomorrow.

All true obedience comes from the heart. It was heart work with Christ. And if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our own impulses. The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest delight in doing His service. When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with God, sin will become hateful to us......

The very image of God is to be reproduced in humanity. The honor of God, the honor of Christ, is involved in the perfection of the character of His people.   

Yes, when we behold God's grace daily, we shall want the Holy Spirit to live in us, to cleanse our hearts from sin today, not tomorrow. When the Holy Spirit is in our hearts He brings all of the fruits of the Spirit, not one will be missing. This may be our experience today. If we love God with the whole heart, then we will manifest love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance which is self control. This is why God allowed His Son to come to this dark spot in the universe a helpless baby subject to the weakness of humanity at the risk of failure and eternal loss. This unmerited favor is the grace by which we are saved, transformed into His image. Let us keep this truth in our minds today that we might give glory to our God!

Philip T

« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2021, 07:39:22 AM »
  "My Father is the husbandman. Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away." While the graft is outwardly united with the vine, there may be no vital connection. Then there will be no growth or fruitfulness. So there may be an apparent connection with Christ without a real union with Him by faith. A profession of religion places men in the church, but the character and conduct show whether they are in connection with Christ. If they bear no fruit, they are false branches. Their separation from Christ involves a ruin as complete as that represented by the dead branch. "If a man abide not in Me," said Christ, "he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."

A most interesting statement, a profession of faith will place you in the church, but unless that faith is real, and the growth produces the fruit of the Spirit, which is the perfection of character, we are as dead branches, and we will be gathered up and burned at the end of time. We are to be workers for God through the unction of the Holy Spirit. If the fruit of the Spirit (all the fruit), as it comes as a cluster of grapes) is not present we are as dead branches.

Beacon

« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2021, 08:07:06 AM »
====================
Amen brother Phillip - So nice to have you posting your thoughts with us.
=============================================

Jesus revealed no qualities, and exercised no powers, that men may not have through faith in Him. His perfect humanity is that which all His followers may possess, if they will be in subjection to God as He was..

When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with God..

Sin will become hateful to us..

The very image of God is to be reproduced in humanity. The honor of God, the honor of Christ, is involved in the perfection of the character of His people.   

May our prayer today be:  ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER - ALL TO HIM I FREELY GIVE.

Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2021, 06:31:36 PM »
Yes, Brother Philip, it is a blessing to have you sharing what you are impressed with as we daily read.

Today's reading is so very good!! And you both have seen that the issue of perfection of character is so very important. It is not the imputed character we continue to read about, but the imparted character that all will have when they love the Lord with the whole heart. So very many in the church have been deceived on this truth.  But, the wise will understand.

"Abide in Me, and I in you." Abiding in Christ means a constant receiving of His Spirit, a life of unreserved surrender to His service. The channel of communication must be open continually between man and his God. As the vine branch constantly draws the sap from the living vine, so are we to cling to Jesus, and receive from Him by faith the strength and perfection of His own character.
     The root sends its nourishment through the branch to the outermost twig. So Christ communicates the current of spiritual strength to every believer. So long as the soul is united to Christ, there is no danger that it will wither or decay.
     The life of the vine will be manifest in fragrant fruit on the branches. "He that abideth in Me," said Jesus, "and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing." When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing. 

Beacon

« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2021, 08:51:42 PM »
" All true obedience comes from the heart.

"It was heart work with Christ,and if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our own impulses.

The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest delight in doing His service.

When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with God, sin will become hateful to us."

May our prayer today and always be " All to Jesus I surrender " Only then will Jesus be able to fill us with His Power & Peace.
God Bless you all.

Philip T

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2021, 08:55:29 AM »
    Christ has promised the gift of the Holy Spirit to His church, and the promise belongs to us as much as to the first disciples. But like every other promise, it is given on conditions. There are many who believe and profess to claim the Lord's promise; they talk about Christ and about the Holy Spirit, yet receive no benefit. They do not surrender the soul to be guided and controlled by the divine agencies. We cannot use the Holy Spirit. The Spirit is to use us. Through the Spirit God works in His people "to will and to do of His good pleasure." Philippians 2:13. But many will not submit to this. They want to manage themselves. This is why they do not receive the heavenly gift. Only to those who wait humbly upon God, who watch for His guidance and grace, is the Spirit given. The power of God awaits their demand and reception. This promised blessing, claimed by faith, brings all other blessings in its train. It is given according to the riches of the grace of Christ, and He is ready to supply every soul according to the capacity to receive.

This paragraph brings forth a very important fact in our Christian walk with God. We can profess to be a Christian, have accumulated a lot of knowledge, ye if we will not surrender ourselves completely to Christ, giving up all of the things of this world, the Holy Spirit cannot work within us to direct and guide us. This is pointed out clearly by the statement "We cannot use the Holy Spirit.  The Spirt is to use us".  We need to be humble, pray, and wait for the Spirits direction, and then go forward.  The church waits for latter pouring out of the Holy Spirit, in it Laodicean state it is delaying this from happening. May the church have a revival such that the Spirit can be poured out upon it. We need to do this in our lives daily, so the Spirit can work within us.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2021, 09:18:15 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Philip! Entire surrender to the Holy Spirit is essential!

The path to eternal life is steep and rugged, but Christ has traveled the way before us and shown us how to walk in victory! When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing. Such an experience comes from abiding in Jesus in complete surrender to Him moment-by-moment!

"The path of sincerity and integrity is not a path free from obstruction, but in every difficulty we are to see a call to prayer. There is no one living who has any power that he has not received from God, and the source whence it comes is open to the weakest human being. 'Whatsoever ye shall ask in My name,' said Jesus, 'that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask anything in My name, I will do it.' {The Desire of Ages, page 667, paragraph 4} 

May we let God glorify His name through us as Jesus did, for He went to Calvary and rose from the grave to give us victory over sin, the world, the flesh and the devil so the weakest soul may have eternal life who trusts fully in Him!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2021, 04:57:59 AM »

I took this quote point by point and singled out each thought with bullets.....
  • "As Christ lived the law in humanity, so we may do if we will take hold of the Strong for strength.
  • But we are not to place the responsibility of our duty upon others, and wait for them to tell us what to do. We cannot depend for counsel upon humanity.
  • The Lord will teach us our duty just as willingly as He will teach somebody else.
  • If we come to Him in faith, He will speak His mysteries to us personally.
  • Our hearts will often burn within us as One draws nigh to commune with us as He did with Enoch.
  • Those who decide to do nothing in any line that will displease God, will know, after presenting their case before Him, just what course to pursue.
  • And they will receive not only wisdom, but strength.
  • Power for obedience, for service, will be imparted to them, as Christ has promised.
Whatever was given to Christ--the "all things" to supply the need of fallen men--was given to Him as the head and representative of humanity. And "whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep His commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in His sight." 1 John 3:22.

What a powerful quote. This touched me deeply this morning as I meditated on each thought it presented. What a chapter. How can anyone come away not believing we are of great value to God. He truly wants to be one with us, supplying us with the requests we present to Him according to His will.  His promises are for all who will believe and accept Him.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2021, 06:25:16 AM »
Amen dear sister! What a chapter! So very much light!!  Again I am so very much encouraged as I read the posts in this forum. We do not hear this being preached from the pulpit or printed on our presses. I know the Spirit is moving upon His church and many are responding. But, this truth, the gospel truth must be more powerfully proclaimed. Until we teach this message and live it, Jesus will have to continue to delay His coming.

This chapter has the most clear teaching on the Spirit we have.  And, it supports Romans chapter 8 verses 1-14, the life of the converted Christian, the opposite of Romans 7. But, I must share again what we know about our great trials. It has been an encouragement to me for the last 35 years as I have suffered.

"Abide in Me, and I in you." Abiding in Christ means a constant receiving of His Spirit, a life of unreserved surrender to His service. The channel of communication must be open continually between man and his God. As the vine branch constantly draws the sap from the living vine, so are we to cling to Jesus, and receive from Him by faith the strength and perfection of His own character. 

This is not imputed righteousness, but imparted. Our people need to know the difference. What a promise!

The life of the vine will be manifest in fragrant fruit on the branches. "He that abideth in Me," said Jesus, "and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing." When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing. 

How many times have you heard this preached?

A profession of religion places men in the church, but the character and conduct show whether they are in connection with Christ.

"And every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth [pruneth] it, that it may bring forth more fruit." From the chosen twelve who had followed Jesus, one as a withered branch was about to be taken away; the rest were to pass under the pruning knife of bitter trial. Jesus with solemn tenderness explained the purpose of the husbandman. The pruning will cause pain, but it is the Father who applies the knife. He works with no wanton hand or indifferent heart. There are branches trailing upon the ground; these must be cut loose from the earthly supports to which their tendrils are fastening. They are to reach heavenward, and find their support in God. The excessive foliage that draws away the life current from the fruit must be pruned off. The overgrowth must be cut out, to give room for the healing beams of the Sun of Righteousness. The husbandman prunes away the harmful growth, that the fruit may be richer and more abundant.
     "Herein is My Father glorified," said Jesus, "that ye bear much fruit." God desires to manifest through you the holiness, the benevolence, the compassion, of His own character. Yet the Saviour does not bid the disciples labor to bear fruit. He tells them to abide in Him.

I was greatly impressed that it is "more fruit" that Jesus wants from us.

Beacon

« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2021, 09:27:18 AM »
"There are many who believe and profess to claim the Lord's promise; they talk about Christ and about the Holy Spirit, yet receive no benefit. They do not surrender the soul to be guided and controlled by the divine agencies. We cannot use the Holy Spirit. The Spirit is to use us. Through the Spirit God works in His people "to will and to do of His good pleasure." Philippians 2:13.

"But many will not submit to this. They want to manage themselves. This is why they do not receive the heavenly gift. "Only to those who wait humbly upon God, who watch for His guidance and grace, is the Spirit given."

"The power of God awaits their demand and reception. This promised blessing, claimed by faith, brings all other blessings in its train. It is given according to the riches of the grace of Christ, and He is ready to supply every soul according to the capacity to receive."

"Jesus said through the apostle John in ....Revelation 3:20, Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

But "WE" must open the door to receive the Spirit of Promise which will enable us to be His true Ambassadors.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2021, 09:37:53 AM »
Since Satan's craft is most successful against those who are depressed by difficulties, we should continually fix our focus higher to the heavenly home Jesus is preparing for us and seek to win as many more souls to Christ by exemplifying His true character in our lives to those we meet. Let us allow all of the fruits of the Spirit to be seen in our lives without one missing as we allow Christ to have full possession of the heart and make it His abiding place!

"But the Saviour's words to them were full of hope. He knew that they were to be assailed by the enemy, and that Satan's craft is most successful against those who are depressed by difficulties. Therefore He pointed them away from 'the things which are seen,' to 'the things which are not seen.' 2 Corinthians 4:18. From earthly exile He turned their thoughts to the heavenly home." {The Desire of Ages, page 662, paragraph 4}

Keep your focus onward, upward, forward in God's will! Joy awaits the overcomer!

Beacon

« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2021, 08:14:27 PM »
"The pruning will cause pain, but it is the Father who applies the knife and He works with no wanton hand or indifferent heart."

"There are branches trailing upon the ground; these must be cut loose from the earthly supports to which their tendrils are fastening. They are to reach heavenward, and find their support in God."

"The excessive foliage that draws away the life current from the fruit must be pruned off. The overgrowth must be cut out, to give room for the healing beams of the Sun of Righteousness.

"The husbandman prunes away the harmful growth, that the fruit may be richer and more abundant."

Remember it is for Our Eternal Good and for the Honor & Glory of our Saviour that the pruning must be accomplished.  I think our daily prayer should be:......

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
I surrender all,I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name

May everything that we say, do, or contemplate be to the Glory and Praise of our Saviour and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2021, 05:09:06 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

Let us look by living faith surrender to Jesus and abide in Him through His grace to be partakers of His divine nature through the promises of His word filling our thoughts and constraining our actions in harmony with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we do His will as He leads us!

Nothing is too hard for God to do, for He can take the weakest sinner and transform such a soul into a saint who is kept from falling by the power of His grace! What an amazing miracle to experience! Such a character is offered us in a moment-by-moment union and communion with Jesus! "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law" (Galatians 5:22-23).

Philip T

« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2021, 08:50:26 AM »
Aman brother Beacon and Pastor Sean:

But to pray in Christ's name means much. It means that we are to accept His character, manifest His spirit, and work His works. The Saviour's promise is given on condition. "If ye love Me," He says, "keep My commandments." He saves men, not in sin, but from sin; and those who love Him will show their love by obedience.

One short paragraph with so much packed into it. When we pray in Jesus name. What does it mean?  We have taken on Christ character. and His works now shine forth in our lives as witness to those around us.  We have become obedient to Him and his commandments.  Jesus saves us not in our sin but from our sin, and because of this we now have love for Him which shows forth in obedience to Christ. The fruit of the Spirit is in us all of them without one missing. 

Beacon

« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2021, 08:20:40 PM »
"Only to those who wait humbly upon God, who watch for His guidance and grace, is the Spirit given."

"The power of God awaits their demand and reception."

"This promised blessing, claimed by faith, brings all other blessings in its train."

"It is given according to the riches of the grace of Christ, and He is ready to supply every soul according to the capacity to receive."

Jesus said in Matthew 7:7-12, "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."

Are WE willing to ASK, SEEK & KNOCK?? Jesus has promised He will do His part "IF" "WE" are willing to do our part!!

Earthly pleasures vainly call me,
  I would be like Jesus;
Nothing worldly shall enthrall me,
  I would be like Jesus.
    Be like Jesus, this my song,
  In the home and in the throng;
Be like Jesus, all day long!
    I would be like Jesus.
He has broken every fetter,
  I would be like Jesus;
That my soul may serve Him better,
  I would be like Jesus.
All the way from earth to glory,
  I would be like Jesus;
Telling o’er and o’er the story,
  I would be like Jesus.

Lyrics:James Rowe (1866-1933)
Music:Bentley DeForest Ackley (1872-1958)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2021, 08:24:17 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!! Just ask and you will receive.  And with the Holy Spirit comes all of the fruits of the Spirit, not one missing!!

So many things of importance in this chapter. A chapter to comfort those who are suffering. The very best explanation of the work of the Holy Spirit that we have been given. He is the One who reveals the righteousness of Christ in the Latter Rain. All who are filled with the Spirit and want more of Him will receive this soon when the Latter Rain begins to fall once again.

Those who love God supremely will suffer in this world. It is for God's glory and our good as we abide in Jesus. It is the only way we can more perfectly reflect His character to a world soon to perish. The most weighty trust and the highest honor God can bestow upon His people is that we partake in the sufferings of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Yes, it is painful, but God is in absolute control and has promised He will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can bear as we abide in Jesus.

"My Father is the husbandman. Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away." While the graft is outwardly united with the vine, there may be no vital connection. Then there will be no growth or fruitfulness. So there may be an apparent connection with Christ without a real union with Him by faith. A profession of religion places men in the church, but the character and conduct show whether they are in connection with Christ. If they bear no fruit, they are false branches. Their separation from Christ involves a ruin as complete as that represented by the dead branch. "If a man abide not in Me," said Christ, "he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."
     "And every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth [pruneth] it, that it may bring forth more fruit." From the chosen twelve who had followed Jesus, one as a withered branch was about to be taken away; the rest were to pass under the pruning knife of bitter trial. Jesus with solemn tenderness explained the purpose of the husbandman. The pruning will cause pain, but it is the Father who applies the knife. He works with no wanton hand or indifferent heart. There are branches trailing upon the ground; these must be cut loose from the earthly supports to which their tendrils are fastening. They are to reach heavenward, and find their support in God. The excessive foliage that draws away the life current from the fruit must be pruned off. The overgrowth must be cut out, to give room for the healing beams of the Sun of Righteousness. The husbandman prunes away the harmful growth, that the fruit may be richer and more abundant.
     "Herein is My Father glorified," said Jesus, "that ye bear much fruit." God desires to manifest through you the holiness, the benevolence, the compassion, of His own character. Yet the Saviour does not bid the disciples labor to bear fruit. He tells them to abide in Him. "If ye abide in Me," He says, "and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." It is through the word that Christ abides in His followers. This is the same vital union that is represented by eating His flesh and drinking His blood. The words of Christ are spirit and life. Receiving them, you receive the life of the Vine. You live "by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matthew 4:4. The life of Christ in you produces the same fruits as in Him. Living in Christ, adhering to Christ, supported by Christ, drawing nourishment from Christ, you bear fruit after the similitude of Christ.