Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--73--"Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled"  (Read 20188 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--73--"Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled"
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2019, 06:44:52 PM »
"All true obedience comes from the heart. It was heart work with Christ. And if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our own impulses."

'The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest delight in doing His service.[/u] When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with God, sin will become hateful to us.[/color]

I once heard a preacher say that...The reason there are so many non-laboring laborers in God's harvest field is because...they have one hand connected to Heaven and the other, to the things of this World. This conflict between trying to serve two masters will not and cannot produce true ambassadors for Jesus. Could it be that we are trying to serve two masters? When what we truly have been needing is a Total Transformation?   Our daily prayer should be: "Lord, take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to Thee."
Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2019, 05:38:34 AM »
"As Christ was speaking these words, the glory of God was shining from His countenance, and all present felt a sacred awe as they listened with rapt attention to His words. Their hearts were more decidedly drawn to Him; and as they were drawn to Christ in greater love, they were drawn to one another. They felt that heaven was very near, and that the words to which they listened were a message to them from their heavenly Father."

This is what happens when we spend time with Christ. We not only grow in love for Him but our love for each other grows. Aren't we finding this to be true from the time we spend each day reading and sharing about the life of Christ? Annoyances vanish, jealousies disappear, selfishness turns to love and concern for others. Our motives become pure and Christ-like as a result of the Holy Spirit transforming each heart.

But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2019, 06:22:44 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

We can walk in victory today through abiding in Christ in full-heart surrender!!

"Christ rejoiced that He could do more for His followers than they could ask or think. He spoke with assurance, knowing that an almighty decree had been given before the world was made. He knew that truth, armed with the omnipotence of the Holy Spirit, would conquer in the contest with evil; and that the bloodstained banner would wave triumphantly over His followers. He knew that the life of His trusting disciples would be like His, a series of uninterrupted victories, not seen to be such here, but recognized as such in the great hereafter." {The Desire of Ages, page 679, paragraph 2}

Let us remember where the victory will be fully seen--in heaven!!   
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2019, 08:14:41 AM »
What a blessing to be in harmony with the church of God!  Daily we are in harmony of Spirit and doctrine. Not that we all see everything the same, but we are standing on the foundation of our faith and understand even many deep things of God. A glimpse of heaven and where God is leading His people.

All true obedience comes from the heart. It was heart work with Christ. And if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our own impulses. The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest delight in doing His service. When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with God, sin will become hateful to us.

So very much in today's reading that we could discuss what is shared for many hours. My mind was drawn to much, but in this paragraph is much, as Brother Beacon has shared.

"When we know God...." Amen! Knowing the character of God is everything!  Remember chapter four. What was hidden in Bethlehem? The closing scenes in Christ's life is important, but so is what is hidden in the birth of Christ.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2019, 05:05:20 AM »
  "Herein is My Father glorified," said Jesus, "that ye bear much fruit." God desires to manifest through you the holiness, the benevolence, the compassion, of His own character. Yet the Saviour does not bid the disciples labor to bear fruit. He tells them to abide in Him. "If ye abide in Me," He says, "and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." It is through the word that Christ abides in His followers. This is the same vital union that is represented by eating His flesh and drinking His blood. The words of Christ are spirit and life. Receiving them, you receive the life of the Vine. You live "by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matthew 4:4. The life of Christ in you produces the same fruits as in Him. Living in Christ, adhering to Christ, supported by Christ, drawing nourishment from Christ, you bear fruit after the similitude of Christ.

A very long chapter but so important.  I didn't want to miss a word. Each day as I contemplate what Jesus has done for me I am filled to
overflowing with love and gratitude. As I abide in Christ it is His life in me that produces the fruit that proves whether I am His child or not. God is so gracious and loving to make the plan of salvation so simple.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2019, 07:40:03 AM »
"Jesus with solemn tenderness explained the purpose of the husbandman. The pruning will cause pain, but it is the Father who applies the knife. He works with no wanton hand or indifferent heart. There are branches trailing upon the ground; these must be cut loose from the earthly supports to which their tendrils are fastening. They are to reach heavenward, and find their support in God. The excessive foliage that draws away the life current from the fruit must be pruned off. The overgrowth must be cut out, to give room for the healing beams of the Sun of Righteousness. The husbandman prunes away the harmful growth, that the fruit may be richer and more abundant. "Herein is My Father glorified," said Jesus, "that ye bear much fruit." God desires to manifest through you the holiness, the benevolence, the compassion, of His own character."[/u]

Knowing how much we are loved let us come boldly to the Throne of Grace with full confidence that our prayers will be answered. Jesus said...

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Matthew 7: 7,8

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2019, 10:09:43 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon. What wonderful truth! Suffering will come to us. Here we read why. We need to cease to cling to the things of this world. This paragraph has given me such comfort over the last 30 years.

The pruning will cause pain, but it is the Father who applies the knife. He works with no wanton hand or indifferent heart. There are branches trailing upon the ground; these must be cut loose from the earthly supports to which their tendrils are fastening.

Amen!!

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2019, 10:15:25 AM »

The life of Christ in you produces the same fruits as in Him. Living in Christ, adhering to Christ, supported by Christ, drawing nourishment from Christ, you bear fruit after the similitude of Christ. [/color][/size][/font]

A very long chapter but so important.  I didn't want to miss a word. Each day as I contemplate what Jesus has done for me I am filled to
overflowing with love and gratitude. As I abide in Christ it is His life in me that produces the fruit that proves whether I am His child or not. God is so gracious and loving to make the plan of salvation so simple.

Amen Sister Dorine! What an important chapter. So very much!

"By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples," said Jesus, "if ye have love one to another." When men are bound together, not by force or self-interest, but by love, they show the working of an influence that is above every human influence. Where this oneness exists, it is evidence that the image of God is being restored in humanity, that a new principle of life has been implanted. It shows that there is power in the divine nature to withstand the supernatural agencies of evil, and that the grace of God subdues the selfishness inherent in the natural heart. 

When we are partakers of God's divine nature, we have power to not sin, to withstand the supernatural agencies of evil which includes our fallen evil nature! What an important truth!!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2019, 10:18:27 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!!

Jesus will bring forth incredible fruit in us as we surrender all to Him in continual abidingóall the fruits of the Spirit without one missing!!

ďThe life of the vine will be manifest in fragrant fruit on the branches. ĎHe that abideth in Me,í said Jesus, Ďand I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing.í When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing.Ē {The Desire of Ages, page 676, paragraph 4}

Iím so thankful for the power of the Holy Spirit to do this in and through us!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2020, 08:45:52 PM »
"All true obedience comes from the heart. It was heart work with Christ. And if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our own impulses. The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest delight in doing His service. When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with God, sin will become hateful to us."

How much time are we spending with God each day? Is Satan keeping us soo BUSY (Being Under Satan's Yoke ) with the things of this world that we have virtually "No Time" to spend with Jesus? Could it be that we are trying to run on EMPTY and then wonder why our Spiritual Life is so void of Christian Passion?

"After the Lordís ascension, the disciples realized the fulfillment of His promise. The scenes of the crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension of Christ were a living reality to them. They saw that the prophecies had been literally fulfilled. They searched the Scriptures, and accepted their teaching with a faith and assurance unknown before. They knew that the divine Teacher was all that He had claimed to be. As they told their experience, and exalted the love of God, menís hearts were melted and subdued, and multitudes believed on Jesus. The Saviourís promise to His disciples is a promise to His church to the end of time."[/u]

No relationship can Flourish and become Stronger each day if it is only One Sided. Jesus said in Revelation 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."[/b][/u]

Dorine

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2020, 06:31:32 AM »
   "In My name," Christ bade His disciples pray. In Christ's name His followers are to stand before God. Through the value of the sacrifice made for them, they are of value in the Lord's sight. Because of the imputed righteousness of Christ they are accounted precious. For Christ's sake the Lord pardons those that fear Him. He does not see in them the vileness of the sinner. He recognizes in them the likeness of His Son, in whom they believe"......

Do we accept by faith what these words are telling us? Are we still resisting because we feel unworthy? In and of ourselves we are unworthy. Because of Christ's love and grace, He is offering this undeserved second chance to each one so that through Him we may have victory over every sin.  Let's take our eyes of self and look to the One who gave His all for our salvation. When I finally came to realize this truth as I should I felt the weight of the world lifted from my mind and body.

......."But to pray in Christ's name means much. It means that we are to accept His character, manifest His spirit, and work His works. The Saviour's promise is given on condition. "If ye love Me," He says, "keep My commandments." He saves men, not in sin, but from sin; and those who love Him will show their love by obedience."

When we accept the provisions of salvation it will be Christ working in us to produce His works. We make the choice, He gives the power to obey. Through out the whole day we are making choices to either listen to the still small voice of the Holy Spirit or to resist because another voice is louder and more appealing. God is good. Thank you Jesus for the beautiful plan of salvation that is offered to us freely.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2020, 06:51:13 AM »
Amen Sister Dorine! It is indeed a "beautiful plan" that God has provided at an infinite cost. We are unworthy to present it to the world, but it is our joy to be able to be a small part in this wonderful plan that brings life to the dead, that transforms sinners into saints that possess every one of the fruits of the Spirit.

The life of the vine will be manifest in fragrant fruit on the branches. "He that abideth in Me," said Jesus, "and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing."When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing.

This is the greatest miracle God can perform. But, it requires our cooperation. He cannot transform us without us doing out part. We must reach heavenward. We cannot continue to reach toward the things of this Earth.

"And every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth [pruneth] it, that it may bring forth more fruit." From the chosen twelve who had followed Jesus, one as a withered branch was about to be taken away; the rest were to pass under the pruning knife of bitter trial. Jesus with solemn tenderness explained the purpose of the husbandman. The pruning will cause pain, but it is the Father who applies the knife. He works with no wanton hand or indifferent heart. There are branches trailing upon the ground; these must be cut loose from the earthly supports to which their tendrils are fastening. They are to reach heavenward, and find their support in God. The excessive foliage that draws away the life current from the fruit must be pruned off. The overgrowth must be cut out, to give room for the healing beams of the Sun of Righteousness. The husbandman prunes away the harmful growth, that the fruit may be richer and more abundant.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2020, 07:02:45 AM »
"All true obedience comes from the heart. It was heart work with Christ. And if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our own impulses. The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest delight in doing His service. When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with God, sin will become hateful to us."

No relationship can Flourish and become Stronger each day if it is only One Sided. Jesus said in Revelation 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."[/b][/u]

Amen Brother Beacon.  This is revealed in our Sabbath School lesson on Monday.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2020, 08:15:06 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard!

May we remember how much we need the Holy Spirit on a moment-by-moment basis! As we abide in Christ, He produces in us all of the fruits of the Spirit; "not one will be missing" {The Desire of Ages, page 676, paragraph 4}

What strength we may draw from the presence of the Holy Spirit today and each day as we approach the soon coming of Jesus:

"At all times and in all places, in all sorrows and in all afflictions, when the outlook seems dark and the future perplexing, and we feel helpless and alone, the Comforter will be sent in answer to the prayer of faith. Circumstances may separate us from every earthly friend; but no circumstance, no distance, can separate us from the heavenly Comforter. Wherever we are, wherever we may go, He is always at our right hand to support, sustain, uphold, and cheer." {The Desire of Ages, page 669, paragraph 4}

What a friend we have in Jesus! As the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in our heart, we are not left alone to go through our day without supernatural help and guidance! Let us cling to God's promises, for by them we become "partakers of the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4).

Beacon

« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2020, 07:49:55 PM »
  "Herein is My Father glorified," said Jesus, "that ye bear much fruit." God desires to manifest through you the holiness, the benevolence, the compassion, of His own character. Yet the Saviour does not bid the disciples labor to bear fruit. He tells them to abide in Him. "If ye abide in Me," He says, "and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." It is through the word that Christ abides in His followers. This is the same vital union that is represented by eating His flesh and drinking His blood. The words of Christ are spirit and life. Receiving them, you receive the life of the Vine. You live "by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matthew 4:4. The life of Christ in you produces the same fruits as in Him. Living in Christ, adhering to Christ, supported by Christ, drawing nourishment from Christ, you bear fruit after the similitude of Christ."

"Jesus says through the Old Testament Prophet Isaiah in Chapter 43 Verese 10..."Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me".

Through the Spirit God works in His people "to will and to do of His good pleasure." Philippians 2:13. But many will not submit to this. They want to manage themselves. This is why they do not receive the heavenly gift. Only to those who wait humbly upon God, who watch for His guidance and grace, is the Spirit given. The power of God awaits their demand and reception. This promised blessing, claimed by faith, brings all other blessings in its train. It is given according to the riches of the grace of Christ, and He is ready to supply every soul according to the capacity to receive. "

Jesus said through the apostle John in ....Revelation 3:20, Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

But "WE" must open the door to receive the Spirit of Promise
which will enable us to be His true Ambassadors.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2020, 06:58:13 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

When we face great trials and things do not go as we had hoped, we can remember that we are but partaking of the same experience of our loving Savior, Jesus. Satan is enraged at efforts to bring hope and salvation to the souls in this dark world, but we can rejoice in tribulation, continue to pray earnestly, and remember that "all things work together for good to them that love God" (Romans 8:28). Let us abide in Christ in our trials and point all that we can to Christ the One who can save to the uttermost by blotting out our sins with His blood and imbuing us with His Spirit! As we abide in Christ, all of "the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, page 676, paragraph 4} 

"As the world's Redeemer, Christ was constantly confronted with apparent failure. He, the messenger of mercy to our world, seemed to do little of the work He longed to do in uplifting and saving. Satanic influences were constantly working to oppose His way. But He would not be discouraged. Through the prophecy of Isaiah He declares, 'I have labored in vain, I have spent My strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely My judgment is with the Lord, and My work with My God. . . . Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and My God shall be My strength.' It is to Christ that the promise is given, 'Thus saith the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel, and His Holy One, to Him whom man despiseth, to Him whom the nation abhorreth; . . . thus saith the Lord: . . . I will preserve Thee, and give Thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages; that Thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Show yourselves. . . . They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for He that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall He guide them.' Isaiah 49:4, 5, 7-10." {The Desire of Ages, page 678, paragraph 3}

Jesus understands what it feels like to be faced with great opposition and trial. We can come to Him in earnest prayer and faith and remember that the plan of salvation still goes forward and will culminate in glorious triumph!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2020, 08:36:25 PM »
    Amen Brother Beacon! God wants us to reflect the character He reveals.

But to pray in Christ's name means much. It means that we are to accept His character, manifest His spirit, and work His works. The Saviour's promise is given on condition. "If ye love Me," He says, "keep My commandments." He saves men, not in sin, but from sin; and those who love Him will show their love by obedience.
     All true obedience comes from the heart. It was heart work with Christ. And if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our own impulses. The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest delight in doing His service. When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with God, sin will become hateful to us.

Amen Pastor Sean. And as Jesus developed a strong character by His trials, so are we. When we abide in Christ and He in us, then we will develop strong characters like His.
[/list]

Beacon

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2020, 06:20:05 AM »
"After the Lordís ascension, the disciples realized the fulfillment of His promise. The scenes of the crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension of Christ were a living reality to them. They saw that the prophecies had been literally fulfilled. They searched the Scriptures, and accepted their teaching with a faith and assurance unknown before. They knew that the divine Teacher was all that He had claimed to be. As they told their experience, and exalted the love of God, menís hearts were melted and subdued, and multitudes believed on Jesus. The Saviourís promise to His disciples is a promise to His church to the end of time."

What is our part?

No relationship can Flourish and become Stronger each day if it is only One Sided. Jesus said in Revelation 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

Are You - Am I - spending enough time with Jesus every day?

This is a very serious question that "WE ALL" need to ask ourselves. This is like making sure there is enough fuel in the gas tank to get to our chosen destination. As a former private pilot this was drilled into me to make sure that I had enough fuel to reach my destination and the same principle applies to our spiritual life but with much greater importance because it is an Eternal Life or Death issue. .

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2020, 08:46:31 AM »
Looking to Jesus we may have continual victory in His will! Let us look up to Christ continually! Surrendering our hearts to Christ is truest freedom and victory!

"Christ rejoiced that He could do more for His followers than they could ask or think. He spoke with assurance, knowing that an almighty decree had been given before the world was made. He knew that truth, armed with the omnipotence of the Holy Spirit, would conquer in the contest with evil; and that the bloodstained banner would wave triumphantly over His followers. He knew that the life of His trusting disciples would be like His, a series of uninterrupted victories, not seen to be such here, but recognized as such in the great hereafter." {The Desire of Ages, page 679, paragraph 2} 

Let us look away from self, upward to Christ, and experience God's constant victory! Uninterrupted victory is only possible when we abide in Christ and allow all of the fruits of the Spirit to flow through our lives in continual obedience to God's will!

Dorine

« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2020, 05:09:42 AM »
"The command to love one another had a new meaning in the light of His self-sacrifice. The whole work of grace is one continual service of love, of self-denying, self-sacrificing effort. During every hour of Christ's sojourn upon the earth, the love of God was flowing from Him in irrepressible streams. All who are imbued with His Spirit will love as He loved. The very principle that actuated Christ will actuate them in all their dealing one with another.      

This love is the evidence of their discipleship. "By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples," said Jesus, "if ye have love one to another." When men are bound together, not by force or self-interest, but by love, they show the working of an influence that is above every human influence. Where this oneness exists, it is evidence that the image of God is being restored in humanity, that a new principle of life has been implanted. It shows that there is power in the divine nature to withstand the supernatural agencies of evil, and that the grace of God subdues the selfishness inherent in the natural heart."

Doesn't this truth fill you with joy and promise this morning? It does me. It's not my power but Christ's supernatural power that protects us from temptation. Praise God! As we unite and abide in Him Christ bestows upon us His attributes with all the fruits of the Spirit manifested in our lives. God is so good.