Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--55--Not With Outward Show  (Read 19612 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--55--Not With Outward Show
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2020, 06:47:00 AM »
"The Saviour attempted no civil reforms. He attacked no national abuses, nor condemned the national enemies. He did not interfere with the authority or administration of those in power. He who was our example kept aloof from earthly governments. Not because He was indifferent to the woes of men, but because the remedy did not lie in merely human and external measures. To be efficient, the cure must reach men individually, and must regenerate the heart. "

God's counsel to us is "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."Matthew 6:33 & Jesus says..."Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30 Then we will be empowered to be useful servants of our Lord and become efficient laborers in His harvest field.

"Not by the decisions of courts or councils or legislative assemblies, not by the patronage of worldly great men, is the kingdom of Christ established, but by the implanting of Christ's nature in humanity through the work of the Holy Spirit. "As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:12, 13.

"Here is the only power that can work the uplifting of mankind, and the human agency for the accomplishment of this work is the teaching and practicing of the word of God."
Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2020, 07:30:53 AM »
It was not until after Christ's ascension to His Father, and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon the believers, that the disciples fully appreciated the Saviour's character and mission. After they had received the baptism of the Spirit, they began to realize that they had been in the very presence of the Lord of glory. As the sayings of Christ were brought to their remembrance, their minds were opened to comprehend the prophecies, and to understand the miracles which He had wrought. The wonders of His life passed before them, and they were as men awakened from a dream. They realized that "the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the Only-begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14. Christ had actually come from God to a sinful world to save the fallen sons and daughters of Adam.The disciples now seemed, to themselves, of much less importance than before they realized this. They never wearied of rehearsing His words and works. His lessons, which they had but dimly understood, now came to them as a fresh revelation. The Scriptures became to them a new book. 

Every time I read this chapter I am convicted of the danger that exists in thinking we know Jesus when in reality we may be far from Him. The talk and even the works do not prove you are a follower of Christ. It's where our heart is that makes the difference. When we hunger and thirst for truth and the righteousness of Christ all selfishness will be put away. A new character will be formed in us and be revealed through the fruit of the Spirit. If I have true love in my heart that comes only from God, He will give me joy that will radiate from us. He will give me a peace that passes all understanding. He will give me patience in all things, gentleness, goodness, and He will increase my faith as I yield to His leading. Not only will others see a difference but we also will know that God is working in our lives for what we once loved we now hate and what we once hated we now love. This is the work of God in our surrendered lives and as we cooperate with Him. It truly is a joy to know and follow Jesus.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2020, 06:12:32 AM »
"Not by the decisions of courts or councils or legislative assemblies, not by the patronage of worldly great men, is the kingdom of Christ established, but by the implanting of Christ's nature in humanity through the work of the Holy Spirit..

"As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:12, 13.

"Here is the "only power" that can work the uplifting of mankind, and the human agency for the accomplishment of this work is the teaching and practicing of the word of God."

I am reminded this morning of the words of this song and it is my prayer for all of us not only for today but for every day... - ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER ALL TO HIM I FREELY GIVE...

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2020, 07:07:50 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!!  My heart was moved by the same truth this morning.  Today, we see corruption all around us, even in His church where "another" gospel or even many "other" gospels are spread wide. What are we to do with the corruption of politicians? What did Jesus do with the corruption in Rome which governed Israel? Nothing. Then we ought to do the same. Then what are we to do? We are to take the gospel, the true gospel, Christ and Him crucified to the world, but first to the church.

The government under which Jesus lived was corrupt and oppressive; on every hand were crying abuses,--extortion, intolerance, and grinding cruelty. Yet the Saviour attempted no civil reforms. He attacked no national abuses, nor condemned the national enemies. He did not interfere with the authority or administration of those in power. He who was our example kept aloof from earthly governments. Not because He was indifferent to the woes of men, but because the remedy did not lie in merely human and external measures. To be efficient, the cure must reach men individually, and must regenerate the heart.   
     Not by the decisions of courts or councils or legislative assemblies, not by the patronage of worldly great men, is the kingdom of Christ established, but by the implanting of Christ's nature in humanity through the work of the Holy Spirit. "As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:12, 13. Here is the only power that can work the uplifting of mankind. And the human agency for the accomplishment of this work is the teaching and practicing of the word of God.   

How many times have you heard from the pulpit or in videos, books, or Bible studies that God wants to implant in evil man Christ's nature? I have never seen not heard this except in reading Desire of Ages for the last 35 years. You can imagine how painful it is to listen to sermons that don't believe that God does indeed plant Christ's nature in all who will surrender the "whole" heart to Him who gave all that we might be transformed in character. The wind has been blowing in every direction in God''s church bringing in heresies of every kind. Our people are blind to this, but change is coming. God is pouring out His Spirit on His church and on all who are seeking truth in the world. Revival and reformation is promised to  His people. "Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you." Ezekiel 36:25. And again in Ezekiel 37. "So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army. Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel." Verses 10,11. These promises were never fulfilled in Israel of Old, but they remain for modern day Israel. The shaking in the church will come when God breathes His Spirit upon the church and the Laodicean message is given as a rebuke and a promise. Not all will be saved, but a multitude will be converted and take the last message of warning to a world soon to perish.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2020, 07:20:15 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

God is building His kingdom upon the eternal foundation of His word. Let us yield fully to the Jesus in His infinite loveliness, for by His creative word the Holy Spirit has power to recreate our hearts and minds and imbue us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing--even amid the most difficult earthly situations!

"Now, as in Christ's day, the work of God's kingdom lies not with those who are clamoring for recognition and support by earthly rulers and human laws, but with those who are declaring to the people in His name those spiritual truths that will work in the receivers the experience of Paul: 'I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me.' Galatians 2:20. Then they will labor as did Paul for the benefit of men. He said, 'Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.' 2 Corinthians 5:20." {The Desire of Ages, page 510, paragraph 2}

As we abide in Christ we can be ambassadors of the world to come while still in this dark speck of a world. We may not realize we are changing other people's lives, but by our consistent choice to yield to Christ, others also may realize that this is where true happiness is found, for happiness is the result of holiness!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2020, 06:17:23 AM »
"It is as true now as in apostolic days, that without the illumination of the divine Spirit, humanity cannot discern the glory of Christ. The truth and the work of God are unappreciated by a world-loving and compromising Christianity. Not in the ways of ease, of earthly honor or worldly conformity, are the followers of the Master found. They are far in advance, in the paths of toil, and humiliation, and reproach, in the front of the battle "against the principalities, against the powers, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6:12, R. V. And now, as in Christ's day, they are misunderstood and reproached and oppressed by the priests and Pharisees of their time."

I used to think this was talking about our experience outside the church but I have found that this describes exactly what is happening inside the church. There is much more opposition to encounter from within the church than without because those in the church that do not know God are uncomfortable in the presence of truth and holiness.

If we have joined the church thinking it's full of perfect people we will not stay long. We must recognize that Satan is angry with the remnant church and He targets God's people in every way possible. By the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit we will stand as the disciples; unmovable because like the disciples our eyes are focused on Jesus and His word.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2020, 08:10:14 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine! The church is full of people who need healing and transformation continually! We can do no good thing apart from a living connection with Jesus!!

The world is becoming more corrupt, but the gospel of the grace of God is still the only lasting solution to change hearts and lives. We can look around us and know that the things Jesus said would transpire before He returns are happening, but thankfully, there has never been a better time to uplift Jesus and share that as we behold Him and yield unreservedly to Him with the whole heart and mind, He blots out our sins by His atoning blood, fills us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing, and then lives out His life in us in complete obedience! Let us look keep looking higher and higher as the coming of Christ is SO SOON!

"Now, as in Christ's day, the work of God's kingdom lies not with those who are clamoring for recognition and support by earthly rulers and human laws, but with those who are declaring to the people in His name those spiritual truths that will work in the receivers the experience of Paul: 'I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me.' Galatians 2:20. Then they will labor as did Paul for the benefit of men. He said, 'Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.' 2 Corinthians 5:20." {The Desire of Ages, page 510, paragraph 2}

An ambassador is someone who lives in another land representing another. We are representatives of heaven, and as such are to keep our identity clear and district. We represent Jesus who promises to prepare a place for us. Though we are strangers and pilgrims in this short earthly life, we can be thankful that He is willing to work in and through us and appeal to the hearts of those around us to be adopted into His kingdom by a true heart conversion! Let us be faithful by abiding in Him today!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2020, 08:57:31 AM »
Not by the decisions of courts or councils or legislative assemblies, not by the patronage of worldly great men, is the kingdom of Christ established, but by the implanting of Christ's nature in humanity through the work of the Holy Spirit.

"As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:12, 13.

Here is the only power that can work the uplifting of mankind,..

..And the human agency for the accomplishment of this work is the teaching and practicing of the word of God. " 

So the BIG QUESTION for today is.... Are "WE" Practicing and Teaching the Word of God? We must also remember that the world doesn't care about how much you know UNTIL they know how much you care. Let us earnestly pray and ask God to help us be all that He Wants & Needs us to be in a world that is soon to pass away!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2021, 04:28:47 AM »
 Because of their selfishness and earthliness, even the disciples of Jesus could not comprehend the spiritual glory which He sought to reveal unto them.

There is here help in understanding that there is a difference between selfishness and earthliness. Why ought we understand? Because after probation closes the heat is turned up. Jesus has His hand on the thermostat. He will not allow the precious gold to be consumed, but it will be more perfectly reflecting the character of Jesus. Character perfection involves strength of character and a better understanding of Truth. The earthliness must be removed.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2021, 04:37:36 AM »
Amen, Brother Richard! Selfishness must be cleansed by the blood of Christ, but the earthliness is refined through the trying fires that God allows for our good! Those who live through the time of trouble will experience this promise in the fullest sense:

"Jacob's history is also an assurance that God will not cast off those who have been deceived and tempted and betrayed into sin, but who have returned unto Him with true repentance. While Satan seeks to destroy this class, God will send His angels to comfort and protect them in the time of peril. The assaults of Satan are fierce and determined, his delusions are terrible; but the Lord's eye is upon His people, and His ear listens to their cries. Their affliction is great, the flames of the furnace seem about to consume them; but the Refiner will bring them forth as gold tried in the fire. God's love for His children during the period of their severest trial is as strong and tender as in the days of their sunniest prosperity; but it is needful for them to be placed in the furnace of fire; their earthliness must be consumed, that the image of Christ may be perfectly reflected." {The Great Controversy, page 621, paragraph 1}

How does God establish His kingdom?

"Not by the decisions of courts or councils or legislative assemblies, not by the patronage of worldly great men, is the kingdom of Christ established, but by the implanting of Christ's nature in humanity through the work of the Holy Spirit. 'As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.' John 1:12, 13. Here is the only power that can work the uplifting of mankind. And the human agency for the accomplishment of this work is the teaching and practicing of the word of God." {The Desire of Ages, page 509, paragraph 4}   

When the whole heart is yielded to Christ in true confession, by virtue of His atoning blood, He gives each repentant sinner a new heart and a new mind filled with all of the fruits of the Spirit so not one is missing, making the child of God a partaker of the divine nature through receiving the promises of God! Then happy obedience to the Ten Commandments is the ready response of one who is truly a "new creature" (2 Corinthians 5:17). May this be your experience today and each moment of the day in constant union and communion with Christ!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2021, 05:48:05 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. Thank you for sharing that statement of truth that is the companion to what I shared.  And, yes, we need to understand first how to be born of the Spirit, not of the flesh. For it is only those who are abiding in Christ and the Holy Spirit is in them that will receive the Latter Rain, the outpouring of the Spirit in preparation for translation. That day is fast approaching and the last steps will be rapid ones.

Dorine

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2021, 06:13:33 AM »
"As priests and rulers combined against them, and they were brought before councils and thrust into prison, the followers of Christ rejoiced "that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name." Acts 5:41. 

Only those who have been spending time with Jesus every day getting to know Him and living for Him will be prepared to stand for their faith. Are we willing to suffer shame for His name sake? If we do not know from experience the saving power of Christ we will never stand amidst the cruel treatment of men. 

On the other hand what about standing for Jesus when times are good such as we still have. Are we concerned about what people think when we offer a blessing on our food when in public? do we laugh at sinful jokes because we don't want to seem odd or fanatical?  It's these many 'little' things that add up to determine our characters and where we really stand. Do we honour Jesus in all things or bring shame upon His name?

"They rejoiced to prove, before men and angels, that they recognized the glory of Christ, and chose to follow Him at the loss of all things."

Beacon

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2021, 07:09:30 AM »
"The government under which Jesus lived was corrupt and oppressive; on every hand were crying abuses,--extortion, intolerance, and grinding cruelty. Yet the Saviour attempted no civil reforms. He attacked no national abuses, nor condemned the national enemies. He did not interfere with the authority or administration of those in power. He who was our example kept aloof from earthly governments. Not because He was indifferent to the woes of men, but because the remedy did not lie in merely human and external measures."

"To be efficient, the cure must reach men individually, and must regenerate the heart."

As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.' John 1:12, 13.

Here is the only power that can work the uplifting of mankind. And the human agency for the accomplishment of this work is the teaching and practicing of the word of God."

I pray that we "ALL" may recognize our great need for total surrender and the total infilling of the Holy Spirit for Jesus said in John 15:5 "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing".

Philip T

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2021, 08:05:42 AM »
  The kingdom of God comes not with outward show. The gospel of the grace of God, with its spirit of self-abnegation, can never be in harmony with the spirit of the world. The two principles are antagonistic. "The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:14.   

The simple truth that the world and and the Kingdom of God cannot exist together, is here stated. There is no middle road, either we are in the kingdom of this world, or the Kingdom of God. they are antagonist one to the other.  As I read this chapter I found hope and promise, that God suffers long, that if after three and a half years of walking and speaking with the Son of God in human form they still struggled with this, there is hope for me in my path of Sanctification, as every day I think I have surrendered all to him I grow through the scriptures and find another thing to surrender to Him.  Only by allowing the Holy Spirit to direct, speak, and live within us can we place the Kingdom of God in our inward body(hearts) can we be ready when He returns in the Clouds of Glory.

Beacon

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2021, 06:53:24 AM »
"The Saviour attempted no civil reforms. He attacked no national abuses, nor condemned the national enemies. He did not interfere with the authority or administration of those in power. He who was our example kept aloof from earthly governments. Not because He was indifferent to the woes of men, but because the remedy did not lie in merely human and external measures.

To be efficient, the cure must reach men individually, and must regenerate the heart.
"

God's counsel to us is "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."Matthew 6:33 & Jesus says..."Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

"Then" we will be empowered to be useful servants of our Lord and become efficient laborers in His harvest field."

"Not by the decisions of courts or councils or legislative assemblies, not by the patronage of worldly great men, is the kingdom of Christ established, but by the implanting of Christ's nature in humanity through the work of the Holy Spirit.

"Here is the "ONLY" power that can work the uplifting of mankind, and the human agency for the accomplishment of this work is the teaching and practicing of the word of God."

My prayer for today is that our God through the power of the Holy Spirit will grant us a stronger desire to make a  " FULL SURRENDER " of self! I invite you to join with me in prayer at the foot of the cross. Jesus says in....

Revelation 3:19-21 " As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2021, 01:14:07 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon!!  For many it will seem a heresy to say that we may possess the nature of God. But, the Bible clearly spells it out, and so does the Spirit of Prophecy. Thank you for sharing this important truth. It is why there is not excuse for sin. When we become partakers of God's divine nature, we are empowered to keep His laws, all of them we understand.

The government under which Jesus lived was corrupt and oppressive; on every hand were crying abuses,--extortion, intolerance, and grinding cruelty. Yet the Saviour attempted no civil reforms. He attacked no national abuses, nor condemned the national enemies. He did not interfere with the authority or administration of those in power. He who was our example kept aloof from earthly governments. Not because He was indifferent to the woes of men, but because the remedy did not lie in merely human and external measures. To be efficient, the cure must reach men individually, and must regenerate the heart.   

Brother Beacon shared:

"Not by the decisions of courts or councils or legislative assemblies, not by the patronage of worldly great men, is the kingdom of Christ established, but by the implanting of Christ's nature in humanity through the work of the Holy Spirit.

From Scripture: "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." 2 Peter 1:4.

Beacon

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2021, 08:02:04 PM »
The assaults of Satan are fierce and determined, his delusions are terrible; but the Lord's eye is upon His people, and His ear listens to their cries.

"Their affliction is great, the flames of the furnace seem about to consume them; but the Refiner will bring them forth as gold tried in the fire.

"God's love for His children during the period of their severest trial is as strong and tender as in the days of their sunniest prosperity; but it is needful for them to be placed in the furnace of fire; their earthliness must be consumed, that the image of Christ may be perfectly reflected."

We must remember the words of David as recorded in Ps.23

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."

Are "WE" willing to put our full Faith and Trust in Jesus... If so...Then let's sing this song of re-commitment to Jesus.

Take my life, and let it be
Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Dorine

« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2021, 03:51:39 AM »
"Jesus answered, "The kingdom of God cometh not with outward show; [margin]: neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." The kingdom of God begins in the heart. Look not here or there for manifestations of earthly power to mark its coming."

This is a big problem with so many today. They are running from this idea or theory to another; from one speaker to another or one author to another to find the peace and assurance they are searching for. The bible is very seldom referred to and when it is they use it to back up their favorite opinion. No wonder they have no peace. God's word is the only place we will find it for it brings us to Jesus who is the only source of that peace. If we look for it elsewhere we will become confused and dissatisfied. Let's not look for second hand food but go to the source, the bible, and search for ourselves that we may have God's kingdom in our hearts, not just searching for it.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2021, 06:53:08 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!! I heartily resonate with not trusting to man to find the kingdom of God! God has been teaching me to rely upon His word as the highest authority of truth, and to take that over impressions or experiences I may have, so I can choose His ideal like Jesus did! This is what has helped me to come to the joyful decision to follow Jesus' example in devoting my life to Him as a "eunuch for the kingdom of heaven's sake" (Matthew 19:12)! Instead of focusing on trying to establish an earthly family, I can rejoice to ALREADY be adopted into the heavenly family and make that the focus of life and ministry to invite other souls to be adopted into the family of God! What joy that Jesus gives us the freedom to make His kingdom first (Matthew 6:33)!!

Look upon Jesus and see what really matters! Let the things that are passing away not be the main focus in life, even while being faithful in our everyday responsibilities. As we share the three angels' messages of Revelation 14:6-12 and invite Jesus to guide us to follow Him whithersoever He goeth (Revelation 14:1-5), we can joyfully set our affections upon the kingdom of God and live a life to the glory of God! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be the supernatural evidence of our lives truly converted by His grace as we continually partake of His divine nature by receiving His exceedingly great and precious promises (2 Peter 1:4)! May you affectionately obey God from the heart because Christ lives in you, the hope of glory!

Motivating others to follow Jesus by making His service appear attractive--as it really is--is such a joy!! May all you say and do today be a living witness of the loveliness of Jesus!

Dorine

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2021, 05:19:37 AM »
"Remorse took hold of the disciples because they had allowed the prevailing unbelief to leaven their opinions and becloud their understanding. The Light of this dark world had been shining amid its gloom, and they had failed to comprehend whence were its beams. They asked themselves why they had pursued a course that made it necessary for Christ to reprove them. They often repeated His conversations, and said, Why did we allow earthly considerations and the opposition of priests and rabbis to confuse our senses, so that we did not comprehend that a greater than Moses was among us, that One wiser than Solomon was instructing us? How dull were our ears! how feeble was our understanding!"

I empathize with the disciples when they fully realized Who had been with them. They longed for another opportunity to be with Him again that they may give Jesus their all. Oh the deep sorrow that comes with regrets.  We all have them but praise God when we repent He lifts us up into His presence and by His marvelous grace He transforms us into new creatures that reflect His character. The disciples became a living example of what Jesus in the heart will do for each and every one of us.