Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--53--The Last Journey From Galilee  (Read 20058 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--53--The Last Journey From Galilee
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2021, 09:42:46 PM »
Amen my dear brothers! What a blessing to be friends with Jesus!! There are temptations to be discouraged when we meet with resistance to the truth. But, we ought to expect resistance, for the truth is a sword that Jesus says will cause many to hate us and persecute us. "Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes [shall be] they of his own household." Matthew 10:31-36.

In sending out the seventy, Jesus bade them, as He had bidden the twelve, not to urge their presence where they were unwelcome. "Into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not," He said, "go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say, Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you." They were not to do this from motives of resentment or through wounded dignity, but to show how grievous a thing it is to refuse the Lord's message or His messengers. To reject the Lord's servants is to reject Christ Himself.
     "I say unto you," Jesus added, "that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city." Then His mind reverted to the Galilean towns where so much of His ministry had been spent. In deeply sorrowful accents He exclaimed, "Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell." 

A question may come to mind about meeting resistance to truth in the church, how are we to deal with those who do not want to hear the truth?

Among the professed children of God, how little patience has been manifested, how many bitter words have been spoken, how much denunciation has been uttered against those not of our faith. Many have looked upon those belonging to other churches as great sinners, when the Lord does not thus regard them. Those who look thus upon the members of other churches, have need to humble themselves under the mighty hand of God. Those whom they condemn may have had but little light, few opportunities and privileges. If they had had the light that many of the members of our churches have had, they might have advanced at a far greater rate, and have better represented their faith to the world. Of those who boast of their light, and yet fail to walk in it, Christ says, “But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you. And thou, Capernaum [Seventh-day Adventists, who have had great light], which art exalted unto heaven [in point of privilege], shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.” At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent [in their own estimation], and hast revealed them unto babes.”  RH August 1, 1893.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2021, 05:51:37 AM »
"Even the disciples failed of understanding all that Jesus desired to reveal to them; but from time to time, as they surrendered themselves to the Holy Spirit's power, their minds were illuminated." [/u]

"They realized that the mighty God, clad in the garb of humanity, was among them."

"Jesus rejoiced that though this knowledge was not possessed by the wise and prudent, it had been revealed to these humble men. Often as He had presented the Old Testament Scriptures, and showed their application to Himself and His work of atonement, they had been awakened by His Spirit, and lifted into a heavenly atmosphere."

Of the spiritual truths spoken by the prophets they had a clearer understanding than had the original writers themselves.

The science of salvation cannot be explained; but it can be known by experience.

"Only he who sees his own sinfulness can discern the preciousness of the Saviour."

May our prayer today be as the words of this song below express.

Open my eyes that I may see
Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
Place in my hands the wonderful key
That shall unclasp and set me free.
    Silently now I wait for Thee,
Ready, my God, Thy will to see;
Open my eyes, illumine me,
    Spirit Divine!
Open my ears that I may hear
Voices of truth Thou sendest clear;
And while the wave notes fall on my ear,
Everything false will disappear.
Open my mouth and let me bear
Tidings of mercy everywhere;
Open my heart and let me prepare
Love with Thy children thus to share.
Open my mind that I may read
More of Thy love in word and deed;
What shall I fear while yet Thou dost lead?
Only for light from Thee I plead.

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2021, 07:47:42 AM »
Jesus loves you!! He has the best for you!! Do not get distracted from Jesus and the word of God. Satan will seek to present subtle temptations to lead us in a path that is less than the biblical ideal for our lives, but God has a better plan--and that is that we all press together and be united, even though it means our own ways are laid down at the foot of the cross. When we live by faith on the Son of God, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing as we gladly can obey the law of love from the heart renewed by His grace. Turn away from sin and self and keep looking to Jesus without allowing anything to eclipse the loveliness of His character!!

"To the heart of Christ it was a bitter task to press His way against the fears, disappointment, and unbelief of His beloved disciples. It was hard to lead them forward to the anguish and despair that awaited them at Jerusalem. And Satan was at hand to press his temptations upon the Son of man. Why should He now go to Jerusalem, to certain death? All around Him were souls hungering for the bread of life. On every hand were suffering ones waiting for His word of healing. The work to be wrought by the gospel of His grace was but just begun. And He was full of the vigor of manhood's prime. Why not go forward to the vast fields of the world with the words of His grace, the touch of His healing power? Why not take to Himself the joy of giving light and gladness to those darkened and sorrowing millions? Why leave the harvest gathering to His disciples, so weak in faith, so dull of understanding, so slow to act? Why face death now, and leave the work in its infancy? The foe who in the wilderness had confronted Christ assailed Him now with fierce and subtle temptations. Had Jesus yielded for a moment, had He changed His course in the least particular to save Himself, Satan's agencies would have triumphed, and the world would have been lost." {The Desire of Ages, page 486, paragraph 1}

Let us surrender all to the Holy Spirit and be like Jesus in a moment-by-moment union and communion with Him!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2021, 04:48:49 AM »
"The omnipotent power of the Holy Spirit is the defense of every contrite soul. Not one that in penitence and faith has claimed His protection will Christ permit to pass under the enemy's power. The Saviour is by the side of His tempted and tried ones. With Him there can be no such thing as failure, loss, impossibility, or defeat; we can do all things through Him who strengthens us. When temptations and trials come, do not wait to adjust all the difficulties, but look to Jesus, your helper."

These words bring such comfort and assurance during dark days and life's uncertainties. As we put our faith and trust in Christ He will bring us into even more trying times to make us stronger. The struggle will not end until our earthly journey is over but He has promised to be with us all the way. Jesus wants us to stop trying to 'fix' things in our own power and with His help giving it all to Him do the things that we can do to bring about a favorable outcome but leave the results to God. It's a hard lesson for some but each time gets easier as our faith and trust grows in Him.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2021, 05:52:08 AM »
"Every soul is as fully known to Jesus as if he were the only one for whom the Saviour died."

"The distress of every one touches His heart. The cry for aid reaches His ear."

"He came to draw all men unto Himself. He bids them, "Follow Me," and His Spirit moves upon their hearts to draw them to come to Him."

"Many refuse to be drawn. Jesus knows who they are. "

"He also knows who gladly hear His call, and are ready to come under His pastoral care. He says,"

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."

"He cares for each one as if there were not another on the face of the earth."

What a great offer is being made to each one of us! Divine Love, Guidance, & Security for all eternity is being offered by the One who came to earth and died to save us from our sin. Let us today renew our commitment to Him and rejoice in our salvation as we invite others to join with us. 

Come, every soul by sin oppressed,
  There’s mercy with the Lord;
And He will surely give you rest
  By trusting in His Word.
    Only trust Him! Only trust Him!
  Only trust Him now!
He will save you! He will save you!
    He will save you now!
For Jesus shed His precious blood
  Rich blessings to bestow;
Plunge now into the crimson flood
  That washeth white as snow.
Yes, Jesus is the Truth, the Way,
  That leads you into rest;
Believe in Him without delay,
  And you are fully blest.
Come then, and join the holy band,
  And on to glory go;
In Christ’s redemption take your stand,
  And all His goodness know.

Lyrics:John Hart Stockton (1813-1877)
Music:John Hart Stockton (1813-1877)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2021, 05:10:03 AM »
Look up to Jesus constantly!!

"The omnipotent power of the Holy Spirit is the defense of every contrite soul. Not one that in penitence and faith has claimed His protection will Christ permit to pass under the enemy's power. The Saviour is by the side of His tempted and tried ones. With Him there can be no such thing as failure, loss, impossibility, or defeat; we can do all things through Him who strengthens us. When temptations and trials come, do not wait to adjust all the difficulties, but look to Jesus, your helper." {The Desire of Ages, page 490, paragraph 5} 

We can always safely look to Jesus to guide us continually! When the whole heart is yielded to Him, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in our lives as we affectionately obey God's law of love!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2021, 06:15:07 AM »
....."The Samaritans had heard of Christ's words of commendation and His works of mercy for men of their nation. They saw that, notwithstanding their rude treatment of Him, He had only thoughts of love toward them, and their hearts were won. After His ascension they welcomed the Saviour's messengers, and the disciples gathered a precious harvest from among those who had once been their bitterest enemies."

When the world sees the love of Jesus in us toward those that have mistreated us many of them will be won to Him and have a home in heaven. The fruit of the spirit will be seen in each life.  As I think of the blessings of being born into the family of God my heart is overjoyed with gratitude. There are many regrets for missed opportunities to witness for Him and times my eyes wondered from Him but what matters is that although I am a sinner by nature I am a forgiven sinner through the wonderful grace of God. We still have an advocate that is ministering in the sanctuary above on our behalf. May we never take that for granted by thinking we are free to do as we please. Lift our eyes to heaven and follow the path that Jesus placed before us.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2021, 09:12:01 PM »
Amen, we have seen His love and know of its power! We all today have seen the message of His love and what it will do if we will pick up our cross and follow Him. It by beholding His character of love that we will give all we have and all we are to Him who gave all for us.

"As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up." John 3:14. As the eyes of all Israel had been directed to the uplifted serpent, the symbol appointed for their healing, so all eyes must be drawn to Christ, the sacrifice that brought salvation to the lost world.
     It was a false conception of the Messiah's work, and a lack of faith in the divine character of Jesus, that had led His brothers to urge Him to present Himself publicly to the people at the Feast of Tabernacles. Now, in a spirit akin to this, the disciples would have prevented Him from making the journey to Jerusalem. They remembered His words concerning what was to befall Him there, they knew the deadly hostility of the religious leaders, and they would fain have dissuaded their Master from going thither.

Here we are given a more clear understanding of lesson given to Nicodemus as to how these things can be. "As the eyes of all Israel had been directed to the uplifted serpent, the symbol appointed for their healing, so all eyes must be drawn to Christ, the sacrifice that brought salvation to the lost world." By beholding His great love for us we are transformed into His image (character, 2 Cor. 3:18). And, if we would add to this the flogging twice, we would even better understand His love and "by His stripes we are healed."
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2022, 08:03:07 PM »
"Satan was at hand to press his temptations upon the Son of man."

"Why should He now go to Jerusalem, to certain death?"

"All around Him were souls hungering for the bread of life. "

"On every hand were suffering ones waiting for His word of healing."

"The work to be wrought by the gospel of His grace was but just begun."

"Why not go forward to the vast fields of the world with the words of His grace, the touch of His healing power? Why not take to Himself the joy of giving light and gladness to those darkened and sorrowing millions? "

Why leave the harvest gathering to His disciples, so weak in faith, so dull of understanding, so slow to act? Why face death now, and leave the work in its infancy?

"The foe who in the wilderness had confronted Christ assailed Him now with fierce and subtle temptations."

"Had Jesus yielded for a moment, had He changed His course in the least particular to save Himself, Satan's agencies would have triumphed, and the world would have been lost."

Praise the Lord -- He stayed the course, and refused to listen to the temptations of Satan. We also must keep our eyes fixed on Jesus so that we will have the courage and faith needed for every temptation.

Onward Christian soldiers!
  Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus
  Going on before.
Christ, the royal Master,
  Leads against the foe;
Forward into battle,
  See, His banners go!
    Onward, Christian soldiers!
  Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus,
    Going on before.
At the name of Jesus
  Satan’s host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers,
  On to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiver
  At the shout of praise:
Brothers, lift your voices,
  Loud your anthems raise!
Like a mighty army
  Moves the Church of God:
Brothers, we are treading
  Where the saints have trod;
We are not divided,
  All one Body we—
One in faith and Spirit,
  One eternally.
Crowns and thrones may perish,
  Kingdoms rise and wane;
But the Church of Jesus
  Constant will remain.
Gates of hell can never
  ’Gainst the Church prevail;
We have Christ’s own promise,
  Which can never fail.
Onward, then, ye people!
  Join our happy throng;
Blend with ours your voices
  In the triumph song.
Glory, laud and honor
  Unto Christ, the King;
This through countless ages
  Men and angels sing.

Lyrics:Sabine Baring-Gould (1834-1924)
Music:Arthur Seymour Sullivan (1842-1900)

[/color]

Dorine

« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2022, 06:05:11 AM »
"It is no part of Christ's mission to compel men to receive Him. It is Satan, and men actuated by his spirit, that seek to compel the conscience. Under a pretense of zeal for righteousness, men who are confederate with evil angels bring suffering upon their fellow men, in order to convert them to their ideas of religion; but Christ is ever showing mercy, ever seeking to win by the revealing of His love. He can admit no rival in the soul, nor accept of partial service; but He desires only voluntary service, the willing surrender of the heart under the constraint of love. There can be no more conclusive evidence that we possess the spirit of Satan than the disposition to hurt and destroy those who do not appreciate our work, or who act contrary to our ideas."

As we behold the life of Christ we see the example we are to live by. Not by our might or power but by the indwelling love and transforming power of Christ. When Jesus reigns in our hearts the beauty of His character will be seen in our lives through the fruits of the spirit; each one present and growing.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2022, 07:16:41 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

Keep your eyes on the big picture, with Christ's victory at the center of that reality! Even though we face trials and struggles in this mortal life, we can rejoice to have Christ converting our hearts by His grace and preparing us for heaven, where all the sufferings of this life will be eternally over!

"Beyond the cross of Calvary, with its agony and shame, Jesus looked forward to the great final day, when the prince of the power of the air will meet his destruction in the earth so long marred by his rebellion. Jesus beheld the work of evil forever ended, and the peace of God filling heaven and earth." {The Desire of Ages, page 490, paragraph 3} 

As we appreciate the loveliness of Jesus and all He is offering us, it is so wonderful to grow in God's grace and find victory over sin through an abiding whole-heart surrender to Christ, so that He miraculously fills us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing and empowers us to affectionately obey God with pure motives, thoughts and feelings that are the outflow of His divine presence in our lives! Keep looking up to Jesus!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2022, 08:04:41 PM »
Amen my dear friends! What love God has for us! The disciples did not understand Jesus had to die for them to be forgiven, to be saved. But, Jesus continued on revealing His love (grace) to them. There is nothing that can touch the heart as does the grace of God. It is to be our study for eternity.

The apostle Paul says, "When I am weak, then am I strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10. When we have a realization of our weakness, we learn to depend upon a power not inherent. Nothing can take so strong a hold on the heart as the abiding sense of our responsibility to God. Nothing reaches so fully down to the deepest motives of conduct as a sense of the pardoning love of Christ. We are to come in touch with God, then we shall be imbued with His Holy Spirit, that enables us to come in touch with our fellow men. Then rejoice that through Christ you have become connected with God, members of the heavenly family. While you look higher than yourself, you will have a continual sense of the weakness of humanity. The less you cherish self, the more distinct and full will be your comprehension of the excellence of your Saviour. The more closely you connect yourself with the source of light and power, the greater light will be shed upon you, and the greater power will be yours to work for God. Rejoice that you are one with God, one with Christ, and with the whole family of heaven.
     As the seventy listened to the words of Christ, the Holy Spirit was impressing their minds with living realities, and writing truth upon the tablets of the soul. Though multitudes surrounded them, they were as though shut in with God.

Beacon

« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2022, 08:07:53 PM »
"The less you cherish self, the more distinct and full will be your comprehension of the excellence of your Saviour.

The more closely you connect yourself with the source of light and power, the greater light will be shed upon you, and the greater power will be yours to work for God.

Rejoice that you are one with God, one with Christ, and with the whole family of heaven.

Oh how we need to REMEMBER....

"The less you cherish self, the more distinct and full will be your comprehension of the excellence of your Saviour.

=======================

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.
    Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
  In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conqu’rors we are!
His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well;
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

Lyrics & Music : Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2022, 09:31:58 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon!!  There is nothing good in self. We must have Jesus!  All of self and pride must be cleansed from the heart. There is much of self alive in the Laodicean that he does not see. This is used as an excuse since it is unknown. But, one cannot have Christ and unknown pride in his heart. Pride and vanity must go so that Christ can take possession of the whole heart.

The only way in which we can gain a more perfect apprehension of truth is by keeping the heart tender and subdued by the Spirit of Christ. The soul must be cleansed from vanity and pride, and vacated of all that has held it in possession, and Christ must be enthroned within. Human science is too limited to comprehend the atonement. The plan of redemption is so far-reaching that philosophy cannot explain it. It will ever remain a mystery that the most profound reasoning cannot fathom. The science of salvation cannot be explained; but it can be known by experience. Only he who sees his own sinfulness can discern the preciousness of the Saviour.   

Beacon

« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2022, 08:11:01 PM »
"Nothing reaches so fully down to the deepest motives of conduct as a sense of the pardoning love of Christ."

"We are to come in touch with God, then we shall be imbued with His Holy Spirit, that enables us to come in touch with our fellow men."

"Then rejoice that through Christ you have become connected with God.

"While you look higher than yourself, you will have a continual sense of the weakness of humanity."

"The less you cherish self, the more distinct and full will be your comprehension of the excellence of your Saviour."

"The more closely you connect yourself with the source of light and power, the greater light will be shed upon you, and the greater power will be yours to work for God."

"Rejoice that you are one with God, one with Christ, and with the whole family of heaven."

"As the seventy listened to the words of Christ, the Holy Spirit was impressing their minds with living realities, and writing truth upon the tablets of the soul."

"Though multitudes surrounded them, they were as though shut in with God."

I want my mind to be impressed with the "Living Realities" of God's Truth upon my heart - Don't You? But it cannot happen until we stop and pause from all our worldly from all our worldly activities. "WE" must take time to be with Jesus.

==============================

Take time to behold Him,
  Speak oft with Thy Lord,
Abide in Him always,
  And feed on His Word.
Wait thou in His presence,
  Submissive and meek,
Forgetting in nothing
  His blessing to seek.
Take time to behold Him,
  The world rushes on;
Spend much time in secret
  With Jesus alone.
By looking to Jesus
  Like Him thou shalt be;
Thy friends, in thy conduct,
  His likeness shall see.
Take time to behold Him,
  Let Him be thy guide;
And run not before Him
  Whatever betide;
In joy or in sorrow
  Still follow thy Lord,
And, looking to Jesus,
  Still trust in His Word.
Take time to behold Him,
  Be calm in thy soul,
Each thought and each temper
  Beneath His control.
Thus led by His Spirit
  To fountains of love,
Thou then shalt be fitted
  His mercy to prove.

Lyrics:Adapted from William Dunn Longstaff (1822-1894)
Music:George Coles Stebbins (1846-1945)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2022, 04:40:55 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

How can we know Christ in a saving way?

"The only way in which we can gain a more perfect apprehension of truth is by keeping the heart tender and subdued by the Spirit of Christ. The soul must be cleansed from vanity and pride, and vacated of all that has held it in possession, and Christ must be enthroned within. Human science is too limited to comprehend the atonement. The plan of redemption is so far-reaching that philosophy cannot explain it. It will ever remain a mystery that the most profound reasoning cannot fathom. The science of salvation cannot be explained; but it can be known by experience. Only he who sees his own sinfulness can discern the preciousness of the Saviour." {The Desire of Ages, page 494, paragraph 4} 

As we see our sinfulness, we can rejoice that God makes it possible for us to partake of the divine nature and overcome sin by receiving a new heart, mind and will that transforms the character by a revelation of all of the fruits of the Spirit in the life without one missing as we are empowered to obey God up to the light Christ has revealed to us!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2022, 10:35:04 PM »
Amen my dear brothers!!  Grace is everything. it is the power that transforms the soul.  Are we interested in truth? All who will be in heaven want the truth. They have searched for it with all of the heart. In doing so, we have found God. It was He who was drawing us towards the truth. Jesus is the way the truth and the life.

The True Witness says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock." Revelation 3:20. Every warning, reproof, and entreaty in the word of God or through His messengers is a knock at the door of the heart. It is the voice of Jesus asking for entrance. With every knock unheeded, the disposition to open becomes weaker. The impressions of the Holy Spirit if disregarded today, will not be as strong tomorrow. The heart becomes less impressible, and lapses into a perilous unconsciousness of the shortness of life, and of the great eternity beyond. Our condemnation in the judgment will not result from the fact that we have been in error, but from the fact that we have neglected heaven-sent opportunities for learning what is truth.

Beacon

« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2022, 08:41:00 PM »
"Christ is ever showing mercy, ever seeking to win by the revealing of His love."

"He can admit no rival in the soul, nor accept of partial service."

"He desires only voluntary service, the willing surrender of the heart under the constraint of love."

"There can be no more conclusive evidence that we possess the spirit of Satan than the disposition to hurt and destroy those who do not appreciate our work, or who act contrary to our ideas."

Are " WE " Willing to Surrender "ALL TO JESUS" at Whatever Earthly Cost that may be??

======================
All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
    I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2022, 06:05:26 PM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Full surrender is a joy as we behold the loveliness of Jesus!!

What an incredible gift the Holy Spirit is to us! Because of Jesus' great sacrifice, the Father lovingly pours upon us the Holy Spirit, filling us with all the attributes of His divine nature--the fruit of the Spirit--without one missing! Gladly we are empowered to obey God up to the light He has revealed to us from the new heart given when we surrender fully to Him, and then we have the ongoing privilege to cooperate with Him in the work of character building to prepare for heaven!!

"The omnipotent power of the Holy Spirit is the defense of every contrite soul. Not one that in penitence and faith has claimed His protection will Christ permit to pass under the enemy's power. The Saviour is by the side of His tempted and tried ones. With Him there can be no such thing as failure, loss, impossibility, or defeat; we can do all things through Him who strengthens us. When temptations and trials come, do not wait to adjust all the difficulties, but look to Jesus, your helper." {The Desire of Ages, page 490, paragraph 6}

Jesus will help you, so turn to Him in every experience of life! His victory is ours by continual union and communion with Him! Praise the Lord!!

Beacon

« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2023, 08:48:08 PM »
"Nothing can take so strong a hold on the heart as the abiding sense of our responsibility to God."

"Nothing reaches so fully down to the deepest motives of conduct as a sense of the pardoning love of Christ."

"We are to come in touch with God. "

"Then we shall be imbued with His Holy Spirit, that enables us to come in touch with our fellow men."

"Then rejoice that through Christ you have become connected with God, members of the heavenly family."

"While you look higher than yourself, you will have a continual sense of the weakness of humanity."

"The less you cherish self, the more distinct and full will be your comprehension of the excellence of your Saviour."

"The more closely you connect yourself with the source of light and power, the greater light will be shed upon you".

"The greater power will be yours to work for God."

"Rejoice that you are one with God, one with Christ, and with the whole family of heaven."

=============================

Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.
    Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
    But Christ that lives in me.
Not I, but Christ to gently soothe in sorrow,
Not I, but Christ to wipe the falling tear;
Not I, but Christ to lift the weary burden,
Not I, but Christ to hush away all fear.
Christ, only Christ, no idle word e’er falling,
Christ, only Christ, no needless bustling sound;
Christ, only Christ, no self-important bearing,
Christ, only Christ, no trace of I be found.
Not I, but Christ my every need supplying,
Not I, but Christ my strength and health to be;
Christ, only Christ, for spirit, soul, and body,
Christ, only Christ, live then Thy life in me.
Christ, only Christ, ere long will fill my vision,
Glory excelling soon, full soon I’ll see;
Christ, only Christ, my every wish fulfilling,
Christ, only Christ, my all in all to be.

Lyrics:Mrs. Ada A. Whiddington (1891)
Music:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)