Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--47--Ministry  (Read 9162 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--47--Ministry
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2020, 07:54:22 PM »
Cast yourself at His feet with the cry, 'Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief.' You can never perish while you do this--never."

Amen Brother Beacon! That is my prayer continually.

And this mighty Redeemer, who but a few hours before stood glorified before His wondering disciples, stoops to lift the victim of Satan from the earth where he is wallowing, and in health of mind and body restores him to his father and his home.
     It was an object lesson of redemption,--the Divine One from the Father's glory stooping to save the lost. It represented also the disciples' mission. Not alone upon the mountaintop with Jesus, in hours of spiritual illumination, is the life of Christ's servants to be spent. There is work for them down in the plain. Souls whom Satan has enslaved are waiting for the word of faith and prayer to set them free. 

Amen! Our mission is the same, we are to take the truths entrusted to us to the world. That is our mission field today when so many around the world are living in fear. In America, many are not able to work. There is great opportunity to reach out with the health message and the gospel message! Let us be about our Father's business!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2020, 08:15:25 AM »
Have you ever felt like God couldn't save you--yes, YOU? Maybe the devil has so tempted you to try to give up on life or not to believe that God can really forgive YOUR SIN. But God's love pierces through the darkness of the lies we have been influenced by, and Christ offers us His faith so we can overcome and have His faith! The key is simply acknowledging our need!! Let us yield fully to Christ and cry out to Him for the faith that DOES TRUST even when everything else seems to discourage us. Let us look to Christ as the One who CAN SAVE ALL WHO COME TO HIM--and that includes YOU!!!

"'If Thou canst do anything, have compassion on us, and help us.' How many a sin-burdened soul has echoed that prayer. And to all, the pitying Saviour's answer is, 'If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.' It is faith that connects us with heaven, and brings us strength for coping with the powers of darkness. In Christ, God has provided means for subduing every sinful trait, and resisting every temptation, however strong. But many feel that they lack faith, and therefore they remain away from Christ. Let these souls, in their helpless unworthiness, cast themselves upon the mercy of their compassionate Saviour. Look not to self, but to Christ. He who healed the sick and cast out demons when He walked among men is the same mighty Redeemer today. Faith comes by the word of God. Then grasp His promise, 'Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.' John 6:37. Cast yourself at His feet with the cry, 'Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief.' You can never perish while you do this--never." {The Desire of Ages, page 429, paragraph 1}

God did not plan to lose you when He created you. He is working out all things for your highest good and the blessing of the world. Look to Christ in simple faith and let Him heal you, save you, and recreate in you a new heart! When Christ does come into your heart, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in the life--not one will be missing! One of the fruits of the Spirit is faith, and that faith is a gift from God!! "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law" (Galatians 5:22-23). May this be your experience today and always!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2020, 06:47:34 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean "God has" provided means for subduing every sinful trait, and resisting every temptation, however strong." PTL

"When the mustard seed is cast into the ground, the tiny germ lays hold of every element that God has provided for its nutriment, and it speedily develops a sturdy growth. If you have faith like this, you will lay hold upon God's word, and upon all the helpful agencies He has appointed. Thus your faith will strengthen, and will bring to your aid the power of heaven."

Reminds me of the song "FAITH IS THE VICTORY" #608 – Faith Is the Victory ( in the SDA Hymnal )
Encamped along the hills of light,
Ye Christian soldiers, rise,
And press the battle ere the night
Shall veil the glowing skies.
Against the foe in vales below,
Let all our strength be hurled;
Faith is the victory, we know,
That overcomes the world.

Refrain
Faith is the victory!
Faith is the victory!
Oh, glorious victory
That overcomes the world.

His banner over us in love,
Our sword the Word of God;
We tread the road the saints above
With shouts of triumph trod.
By faith they, like whirlwind’s breath,
Swept on o’er ev’ry field;
The faith by which they conquered death
Is still our shining shield.

To him who overcomes the foe
White raiment shall be giv’n;
Before the angels he shall know
His name confessed in heav’n.
Then onward from the hills of light,
Our hearts with love aflame;
We’ll vanquish all the hosts of night,
In Jesus’ conquering name.

"The obstacles that are piled by Satan across your path, though apparently as insurmountable as the eternal hills, shall disappear before the demand of faith. 'Nothing shall be impossible unto you.'"

Look up and listen for the shout.